Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
funny, the more I see of the left's response to the TRump administration the more I think they are overplaying their hand.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
College art department libtards gunna libtard. No matter what state.
View Quote
tax dollars at work
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Would they hang a picture of trump holding Hilary's head like the severed Medusa?
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't follow cartoons but my understanding is that the writers changed the story line and Captain America has secretly been a part of Hydra the whole time. So Hillary and the libs are depicted as Hydra subverting America from the inside and President Trump as America's last hope.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sooooooo many here don't understand that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Free speech - don't like it, don't listen or look. Bitching about what others say and do is for girlie sissies who wear pink panties. Oh wait - thats a favorite pastime of both the D and R parties. Nothing but bitch, bitch, bitch, blame and do fucking nothing.
It is not free speech if you couldn't put a similar painting with Obama's likeness right next to it.
Sooooooo many here don't understand that
Im confused...... Did it say someone tried to put a conflicting one up and were told no?

I am as red as it gets but free speech is free speech - unless someone was denied that we are connecting dots that aren't there. Essentially acting on What if
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Washington is ruled by the libs in the Puget Sound area and fuck the rest of the state.

Ed
View Quote
And Whitman County aka WSU
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not Captain America - Captain America is female now, according to the comics.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't think that is the point, the point is, would the school allow a painting to be presented that showed that counterpoint, eg. Trump slaying the Hillary beast? If they would, no problem, if they wouldn't, I wouldn't consider it free speech.
View Quote
From personal experience, even state school art departments will let just about anything go in the name of art (regardless of politics, etc.).

They may not like it, but they hold the idea of art as an unregulated expression to be at the core of everything that is done.

Stuff generally gets taken down or not shown when genpop snowflakes cause problems and cry.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope. FSA flocked here over the past two decades. In two decades more this place will vote like Hawaii, and be just as poor.
View Quote
In the mid 70s this started happening to Colorado which is a big part of the reason I left for Alaska.

Any place that has a lot of natural beauty is a magnet for hippies  and FSA types. AK will turn red in a short time.

Virtually all of the native people there have their hands out to begin with. A lot of 'You owe me, White man' attitude.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If that doesn't clearly fall under free speech I don't know what does.

Wait, are we against free speech on here and just for the right to bear arms?
View Quote
Free speech is not unrestricted.  Type up a Facebook post saying you're on your way to assassinate the President, or walk up to your boss and call him a sorry motherfucker if you don't believe it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would they hang a picture of trump holding Hilary's head like the severed Medusa?
View Quote
Now, that's would be a free speech thing!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Had this been BHO, there would be an uproar in the media
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Free speech is scary yo.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So, you get called on your bullshit and you have no real defense so you divert to this childish shit, huh.

I wouldn't talk about how someone else is.  I ain't the one whining about others exercising their freedom of speech.
View Quote
Publicly funded building.

You don't have the right to force me to exhibit your art, which is what you are advocating.

Let a privately funded building host whatever it wants.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you were at the same school, you could.

ETA: Since when does free speech demand a counterpoint to be valid?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not free speech if you couldn't put a similar painting with Obama's likeness right next to it.
If you were at the same school, you could.

ETA: Since when does free speech demand a counterpoint to be valid?
Is it technically Free Speech?  Yes.  The question/issue however is valid in pointing out that said school would never publicly display "artwork" of a similar vein negatively depicting FBHO, etc.

It's similar to the "artwork" of "Pissed Christ".  Sure, it's the artist's freedom to express their "message" as they see fit, but I find it "curious" no artist has ever expressed a "Pissed Allah/Mohammad" in a publicly funded manner.  The real underlying issue is that no, I don't have a problem with someone expressing their opinion(s) via the 1st.  I have a problem FUNDING their expression if only 1 side of the coin is being promoted.  

As to the "artistic value" of the piece in the OP, did they get a grade/middle school kid to do that?  I've seen better work in the local K-12 grades here.  I'd be ashamed to display that as a "serious" work of "art" due to the amateurish composition & execution.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
PAGING @XRCMonger, PAGING @XRCmonger to the white easel please.... @XRCmonger to the white easel please...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Protests would erupt over any equivalent painting regarding democrats

democrats act just like muslims
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

PAGING @XRCMonger, PAGING @XRCmonger to the white easel please.... @XRCmonger to the white easel please...
View Quote
Ummm, it's XCRmonger. Good luck with your page though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Liberals and islamists are like two peas in a pod
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hearts in the right place though. Should definitely donate some counter art to see if it's displayed
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Unacceptable, whether it's the current POTUS or the former. Sad, how much shit people get away with these days. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#23]
So when does the university get its state/fed funding cut?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Free speech - don't like it, don't listen or look. Bitching about what others say and do is for girlie sissies who wear pink panties. Oh wait - thats a favorite pastime of both the D and R parties. Nothing but bitch, bitch, bitch, blame and do fucking nothing.
A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet..... 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oh, so the painting is free speech, but others don't have that same freedom of speech to comment on this "freedom of speech", huh.

I love how people like you always whine about freedom of speech when others exercise their freedom of speech to bash something you happen to like.
View Quote
???? I'm not complaining about how others use their rights in the least - free men are allowed to do whatever they effing please in my book - could care fucking less what others say and do. But when all they do is bitch and moan about what their particular brand of morality will accept based upon political alliances - sure hope that they don't expect anybody to give a fuck. Same crowd complaining about this would get in bidding war if subject was Mohammed - a severed head is a severed head.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Um, without the Capt. America uniform, he's not Capt. America. Somebody needs to paste a cut out of Clinton's head over President Trumps head. That would be more fitting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Like this?  Needs to be submitted and see what they do with it.  I bet they reject or put it in the back.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/jwhale64/trump%20holding%20hillary%20head_zpszr8569k9.jpg" target="_blank">http://s464.photobucket.com/user/jwhale64/media/trump%20holding%20hillary%20head_zpszr8569k9.jpg.html]http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/jwhale64/trump%20holding%20hillary%20head_zpszr8569k9.jpg[/url]
View Quote
Now that truly is a work of art.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
The issue isn't free speech the issue is a government university being politically active. You think obama with a severed head would be ok? Probably get your free speech ass suspended.

So yes we support the idiots right to make shitty paintings. The school can get fucked for endorsing political opinions .

The other issue is a school supporting the image of an assasinated current president even if it was Obama I don't like it,  ban it? No... but I don't have to want to fund it either.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#29]
That's not Capt. America.

That is Chris Evans.

How well does Disney take to Copyright infringement?

Anyway, fuck them...with a flaming cactus.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I thought Alaska was dependably RED?
View Quote
Alaska gives so much free shit away it's not funny.

Alaska is being inundated by all the liberal assholes from the West Coast.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Alaska gives so much free shit away it's not funny.

Alaska is being inundated by all the liberal assholes from the West Coast.
View Quote
I've wondered how Alaskans feel about the glut of "reality" shows painting Alaska as a wilderness paradise where, with nothing more than a chainsaw and a reliable rifle, one can hack his own personal Utopia from the wild.  I suspect a lot of folks who move up there for the romantic fantasies end up being sorely disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Where are the photoshop renditions of this? I tried to start another thread but can't post pics
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So when does the university get its state/fed funding cut?
View Quote
For what reason?  Offending someone?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I submit my Performance Art piece entitled  "Well That's, Like, Your Opinion, Man", where I urinate on that amateurish piece of crap.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Washington is ruled by the libs in the Puget Sound area and fuck the rest of the state.

Ed
View Quote
I'll say this, I get a free tour of America courtesy of GD. I wouldn't know half this stuff and I read A LOT of newspapers and magazines to try and stay current
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nope. FSA flocked here over the past two decades. In two decades more this place will vote like Hawaii, and be just as poor.
View Quote
Wonder how they'd take it if he held Obama's decapitated head?  Hmm....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Thankfully this doesn't follow the narrative here so this thread will go one to three pages and die.

View Quote
The key to the narrative here is "university". The college and most schools generally are nothing more than terrorist antifa training camps.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Spot on!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Spot on!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spot on!
It's only free speech if they'd do the same to a painting of Obama and Hillary getting splattered by a MOAB, which I supremely doubt they would.  Otherwise, it's biased.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's only free speech if they'd do the same to a painting of Obama and Hillary getting splattered by a MOAB, which I supremely doubt they would.  Otherwise, it's biased.
View Quote
I've actually saw worse ones of Obama...and Hillary is not president so she has nothing to do with it.

BUT WHAT ABOUT HER EMAILS!

And of course it's biased but what does that have to do with free speech?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've actually saw worse ones of Obama...and Hillary is not president so she has nothing to do with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An educational institution shouldn't be biased.  Granted, I know that'll never happen, but still.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't see that as being Captain America. It's more like some bath house faggot.
View Quote
I'm no art expert, but that doesn't look like Obama.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

More purple at this point.  Pretty much everyone we have is a RINO and despite people trying, we can't get rid of the fucks.  Lisa Murkowski basically bribes the villages with handouts to get the native vote to stay in, everyone that is a threat gets destroyed in the papers as well.  It fucking goes for state level government as well.  Anyone that is a real conservative gets destroyed by the establishment.   Basically a microcosm of DC. 
View Quote
Well that sucks to read the your post. AK was going to be my number 1 choice of fall back states to flee to if, when it gets really bad.

Guess ID, TX and AZ will be the top choices now.

Whats the deal with all the dems moving to AK are they concentrated in a city area or spread out all over the state?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well that sucks to read the your post. AK was going to be my number 1 choice of fall back states to flee to if, when it gets really bad.

Whats the deal with all the dems moving to AK are they concentrated in a city area or spread out all over the state?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More purple at this point.  Pretty much everyone we have is a RINO and despite people trying, we can't get rid of the fucks.  Lisa Murkowski basically bribes the villages with handouts to get the native vote to stay in, everyone that is a threat gets destroyed in the papers as well.  It fucking goes for state level government as well.  Anyone that is a real conservative gets destroyed by the establishment.   Basically a microcosm of DC. 

Mostly Anchorage, but like Seattle, their votes control the state. 
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top