BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some times I want to go up in my bell tower and do something.

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm such a geek...

I opened this thread expecting another tale of great customer service from Denny's.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Yeah I do No bell Just a tower.

Edit: I thought of putting in a bell.

I can see all of town from the tower.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]

I was wrong. It was the waitress I had, not calling to apologize, but calling to cuss me out and telling me how if I have a problem blah blah. I was shocked. She had seen the complaint that her manager had recieved, looked at my receipt to check for her name, then called me to cuss me out at the number on the complaint.

At that point over the next month or two I'd get my friends to file complaints about her servises.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
In CA someone just went in and shot a few people at Denny's.

He just wanted his fucking iced tea refilled...  

At the Denny's down the street from me there is a meeting of homos every friday. One time I went in there this is how I found out and this guy dressed as a girl comes over to my table and goes hey sexy and starts to try to touch me and I told him if he doesn't fuck off he is gonna find out what a CCW is.

I get the chills saying that. Some times I want to go up in my bell tower and do something.

You are threatening to shoot someone over that?
What? you have no other skills besides reaching for a weapon?
Don't know about where you live, but you pull that iron on someone for that--and you'll be inside the local bed and breakfast looking out for a while.
He touches you, touch him back. Escalating to an armed conflict is way out of line and over the top.

pato

You saying I have no skills Here are my skills:
1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

I'm not a very fast runner I can run for a long amount of time tough. So it is number 3. If you let them get to you they will keep annoying you so saying that you have no problem spraying his homo ass all over Denny's though it sounds like a bad idea and I wouldn't do that. But uhh when you are out numbered in such a way. Knowing that your father is a packing is always a good thing.

So your father's the one with the CCW?

How old are you?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Maybe a book suppository building?

or was this a FMJ reference ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I rarely say this, but you are an idiot.
The labor was part of the negotiated price, the tip was not.  Figure it out.

You can't steal from someone if it wasn't theirs.  The tip is not part of the price, labor on car repairs is.

Theft is a legal term.  Not tipping a waitress is not that thing.  Simple fact.

Larry

I agree. She's not working for just tips. She's getting paid by Denny's to "serve" food. A tip is something extra that you give depending on how well you feel served. If you're well served but tip shitty, that's all on you. You might get shitty service next time but you don't HAVE to give a tip.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Oh boy.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe a book suppository building?

or was this a FMJ reference ?

Of course. I spelled it right, didn't I?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#10]
draw down!

if not, getting her fired sounds like a good enough plan....good luck!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Oh boy.

Maybe a hunchback too?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At the Denny's down the street from me there is a meeting of homos every friday. One time I went in there this is how I found out and this guy dressed as a girl comes over to my table and goes hey sexy and starts to try to touch me and I told him if he doesn't fuck off he is gonna find out what a CCW is.

I get the chills saying that. Some times I want to go up in my bell tower and do something.

Don't know about where you live, but you pull that iron on someone for that--and you'll be inside the local bed and breakfast looking out for a while.
He touches you, touch him back. Escalating to an armed conflict is way out of line and over the top.

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

I'm not a very fast runner I can run for a long amount of time tough. So it is number 3. If you let them get to you they will keep annoying you so saying that you have no problem spraying his homo ass all over Denny's though it sounds like a bad idea and I wouldn't do that. But uhh when you are out numbered in such a way. Knowing that your father is a packing is always a good thing.

How old are you?[/

I've been wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lighten up, Francis!

"And another thing. I don't like anybody touching ME. Any of you HOMOS touches me and I'll kill ya!"

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Shanikwa Williams

That name means "African Princess"
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Running

I guess it's safe to assume that #4 isn't spelling...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Running

I guess it's safe to assume that #4 isn't spelling...

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Not shit on your diatribe or in anyway defend the dumb bitch, but it is a fucking DENNYS lower your expectations.  You do not go to Dennys, Applebees, or a greasy spoon and expect the same level of service you get at a $30+ per plate restraunt.  At a place like the above listed be happy if you see your waitress a 3rd time in your visit, the other 2 being taking the order and dropping the bill.  Restraunts like this cannot keep good staff due largely to the clientel.

Since you obviously have never worked in the srervice industry let me break it down for you.  When you have a 3-5 table section and idealy you will turn all 3-5 in one hour.  At a shithole likle Dennys 2 0f those 3-5 will be filled by seniors at all times thus 80% of those tips will be $3 or less.  Also since it is a greasy spoon add in your rednecks and black folks who will tip $3 at the best and stiff you at the worst.  How much effort would you put in if you knew beyond all doubt 75% of the time the above two generalities will absolutely happen.  

Also tips are a percentage of sales and are taxed as such.  You are required federally to claim 8% by federal law and most restraunts will not let you claim below 10% and still work thier.  So when joe trailer trash comes in and leaves $2 on a $70 check and says great job great service, it just cost the server to wait on him.  Also busser and bar tipout around 3% of sales almost always required comes out of the servers pocket too, coupled with the fact in most states servers get $2.13 an hour.  Frequenting a few restraunts and tipping a few extras bucks will pay huge dividends in your quality of service I assure you.  When you wait tables the servers do recognize repeat customers and talk to each other about customers, if you tip shit and frequent the same places you will never get good service.  Why would anyone waste thier time knowingly if you are recognized as shit-tipper?  

Do you frequent that particular dennys?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

How old are you?[/

16 and 346/365 hope you can under stand fractions.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Good thing she called your cell #... now you've got a record of that incoming call.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Not shit on your diatribe or in anyway defend the dumb bitch, but it is a fucking DENNYS lower your expectations.  You do not go to Dennys, Applebees, or a greasy spoon and expect the same level of service you get at a $30+ per plate restraunt.  At a place like the above listed be happy if you see your waitress a 3rd time in your visit, the other 2 being taking the order and dropping the bill.  Restraunts like this cannot keep good staff due largely to the clientel.

Since you obviously have never worked in the srervice industry let me break it down for you.  When you have a 3-5 table section and idealy you will turn all 3-5 in one hour.  At a shithole likle Dennys 2 0f those 3-5 will be filled by seniors at all times thus 80% of those tips will be $3 or less.  Also since it is a greasy spoon add in your rednecks and black folks who will tip $3 at the best and stiff you at the worst.  How much effort would you put in if you knew beyond all doubt 75% of the time the above two generalities will absolutely happen.  

Also tips are a percentage of sales and are taxed as such.  You are required federally to claim 8% by federal law and most restraunts will not let you claim below 10% and still work thier.  So when joe trailer trash comes in and leaves $2 on a $70 check and says great job great service, it just cost the server to wait on him.  Also busser and bar tipout around 3% of sales almost always required comes out of the servers pocket too, coupled with the fact in most states servers get $2.13 an hour.  Frequenting a few restraunts and tipping a few extras bucks will pay huge dividends in your quality of service I assure you.  When you wait tables the servers do recognize repeat customers and talk to each other about customers, if you tip shit and frequent the same places you will never get good service.  Why would anyone waste thier time knowingly if you are recognized as shit-tipper?  

Damn straight.
Sounds like some of the posters here should stay home and eat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Good thing she called your cell #... now you've got a record of that incoming call.

How did she get your number?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not giving them a tip is almost literally stealing from them.

not "almost".  it is literally "theft of services".  try picking up your car from the shop without paying for labor.  as with a mechanic, if the labor is incompetent, then the laborer doesn't get paid.

No, it is not "literally" theft; because the server never owned the money, and I am under no legal obligation to pay that money.  That is "literally" what constitutes theft.

That's what the words mean, dude.

Larry

your failure to comprehend is amusing, but not my problem.  now, let's take a look at the term "theft of services".  that little "of" in there means that the object of the "theft" is about to be explained, i.e., "services".  see, what is being stolen is time and effort.  literally.

learn your native language, dude.

once again, try to tell your mechanic that you will only pay for parts, not labor.  try to tell your IT guy that he never owned the money, and that you are under no legal obligation to pay him for his labor.  what you will be prosecuted for is "theft of services".  the only reason it isn't pursued more in the restaurant business is that the increments are smaller.

SirenSong,

You are a complete idiot if you think not tipping is theft of services.

Do you know what Gratuity means?

Look it up.
The Wait Staff is paid by Dennys,  Tips are extra, for good service.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

How old are you?[/

How about holding off on all of your posting until you reach puberty.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I liked it better when Dennys was called Sambos.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

not "almost".  it is literally "theft of services".  try picking up your car from the shop without paying for labor.  as with a mechanic, if the labor is incompetent, then the laborer doesn't get paid.

No, it is not "literally" theft; because the server never owned the money, and I am under no legal obligation to pay that money.  That is "literally" what constitutes theft.

Larry

your failure to comprehend is amusing, but not my problem.  now, let's take a look at the term "theft of services".  that little "of" in there means that the object of the "theft" is about to be explained, i.e., "services".  see, what is being stolen is time and effort.  literally.

once again, try to tell your mechanic that you will only pay for parts, not labor.  try to tell your IT guy that he never owned the money, and that you are under no legal obligation to pay him for his labor.  what you will be prosecuted for is "theft of services".  the only reason it isn't pursued more in the restaurant business is that the increments are smaller.

I think you missed the point, sly.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn straight.

To bad he's right.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

I don't know why, but I just finished cackling so loud that my wife got out of the damn shower to see what was so funny.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

How old are you?[/

Asshole a?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

I don't know why, but I just finished cackling so loud that my wife got out of the damn shower to see what was so funny.  

I think I think that I know what your thinking because my step dad said the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

How old are you?[/

You are one funny mofo, 13th!  It's funny how riled up these guys are getting.  You should also add your bowhunting, computer hacking, and nunchuk skills.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

How old are you?[/

Asshole a?

Does mommy know you kiss her with that mouth?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn straight.

To bad he's right.

Yep can't tip stay home.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pato

1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

How old are you?[/

You are one funny mofo, 13th!  It's funny how riled up these guys are getting.  You should also add your bowhunting, computer hacking, and nunchuk skills.

I wish I could go bowhunting, I would nail my self in the nuts with the nunchuk if I tried.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#34]
IBTL because of 13thWarrior being such a Child.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
might want to follow that up with a call to your local police. If she has your phone number then her whacked-out boyfriend may want to try to get froggy with you.

Never take a threat of any kind lightly, and calling you at home would constitute a threat.

+1
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Watch out for bats.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larry

I think you missed the point, sly.  

I dont think he will ever get it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Keep us updated, and if/when you do, please edit the thread title with something like "Update pg. 3".

Otherwise I'll probably forget to check back in.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
IBTL

Please don't lock this.....I have had more laughs out of this thread than just about any I can remember.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#40]
This one ought to go in the ARFCOM Dictionary under "Thread Highjack".
It's been at least double-jacked already, looking for the third permutation now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Watch out for bats.

There was a batt in my house once. Thats how I got my first kill.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
1. Quick Draw
2. hand to hand combat
3. Runing

Runing?

Is that like really good nun-chuk skilz, or bowstaff skilz?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Did you use your bowstaff?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Watch out for bats.

What's a batt?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
No, it wasn't any of the shootings that took place....

Two Sunday's ago, I took my girlfriend to Denny's for dinner, because she loves that Superbird turkey sandwich they have. Mmmmm. Anyway. The service was terrbile. My food was slow and cold and even after asking, the waitress never refilled my glass. It wasn't busy, so there was no excuse. When we got to the counter to pay, I stood there for about 5 mins. while two workers were talking about their weekend. Finally, I got to pay and leave.

I am never one to complain really, but I was bored and decided to e-mail Denny's customer service. I did this once with another restaurant and got some free gift certificates out of the deal, so I thought what the hell.

Yesterday I get a phone call from an unknown number. The woman on the phone said "I am Ms. Shanikwa Williams from Denny's..." I though, okay its customer service or the manager or something, sweet...

I was wrong. It was the waitress I had, not calling to apologize, but calling to cuss me out and telling me how if I have a problem blah blah. I was shocked. She had seen the complaint that her manager had recieved, looked at my receipt to check for her name, then called me to cuss me out at the number on the complaint.

I lost my temper and used a few choice words and basically said if you ever call my home or cell again, we are going to have some serious problems.

Anyway, I thought I would share and figure after that incident I will have them fired soon.

I'll see if my buddy owns that one or not. He owns 70 denny's overall. If so I'll forward this thread to him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Watch out for bats.

What's a batt?

Isn't batt as in the animal spelt batt and like the peace of wood you strike a ball with a bat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Watch out for bats.

What's a batt?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Watch out for bats.

What's a batt?

Isn't batt as in the animal spelt batt and like the peace of wood you strike a ball with a bat.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have a bell tower?

One can dream.

Watch out for bats.

What's a batt?

WHAT

THE

FUCK

??

Look kid, when you go back to school, please pay attention in English class, mkay??
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Shanikwa Williams

That name means "African Princess"

In America, apparantly it means horrible waitress with a bad attitude, and the common sense of a flea...

- georgestrings
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top