Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Got mine
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You just can't handle the all-encompassing deluge of information supplied by the OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh?
You just can't handle the all-encompassing deluge of information supplied by the OP.
Title is self explanatory.

USAA

Subscriber Savings Account

Distribution coming

Mid December

If you don't know what the USAA SSA is, don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
$96.76
Mine just automatically gets applied to my insurance bill.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
If they rebated $2k to us, they'd almost be as cheap as the Geico policy that caused us to ditch USAA.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
$26! I only have 3 cars with liability under them though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
How is it listed on your bill?  As a refund?

The only thing listed on my bill is "POLICY HOLDER AUTO PREM REFUND".  I called USAA and they said that is it.  $3.96.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bailed out of USAA about 5 years ago.  After about 30 years in.  It is not the same company that built the brand.

Take a look back at the series of swamp creatures who have infested the board of directors for about the last 10 years.  Annual compensation range from $233,000 to $461,000.  They are all purely political operatives.  Confirmed by the senate.  As swampy and "woke" as anyone else in DC.  It is an incestuous club paid by the members.  Check em out.  https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/about_usaa_corporate_governance_board_of_directors?akredirect=true

The idea that it is great to get a return of your own money is on par with being happy by getting a big tax refund.

What is the board doing?  They are monetizing one of the best brands in the country for their own benefit.

The customer service is a shadow of what it used to be.  The company brand was built on top-end customer service, now it is no better than any other large insurance company.  Why is that?  Because the customers are not the same as what built the company.  What do I mean?  I mean the current customers are no different than those of any other large insurance or financial company.  The average risk in their insurance is not different than any other large insurance company.  I will bet you that their fraud numbers, which used to be practically zero, are on par with the industry.  The failures to pay are probably the same as well.

When did this all happen?  It happened when the BOD no longer catered to a small, fit, responsible army of customers.  The BOD made a decision to build a big, sloppy army of less responsible customers with worse credit, lower balances, and higher fraud rates.  Why did the board do this?  See para 2^^^^^.  A big army is more able to pay 17 board members about $5 million a year total, plus perks, for so little actual work it is sickening.

There will be a day when USAA looses its AAA ratings.  Mark my words.

And don't forget that this company is now "woke".  Look at the debacles in the advertising in the last few years.  And look at their current ads.  Tell me they are not "woke".

Good luck fellas.
View Quote
Pretty much this.
When they tried to screw me with a 3k 'fee' on a VA loan with my excellent credit and Navy Fed didn't and USAA stiffed me on my first homeowner claim after 20+ years of homeowner insurance with them,  I was done with USAA insurance and loan products.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#8]
$20.49

I must not be doing this right
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What sorcery is this?
View Quote
USAA is a mutual insurance company.  It is owned by the policy holders.  Like any corporation, if the company has a profitable year, it returns a portion of teh profits to the owners.   Except instead of going out to shareholders as dividends, it goes to the policyholders as a subscriber account distribution.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im done with usaa.

22 year member.

Pulling every service can. Note, everyone else is cheaper.

I will save  THOUSANDS a year by leaving them.
View Quote
Good luck getting USAA's level of service out of RockBottomPrice Ins Co.

You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]
$330. Will use for drinks at my upcoming work Christmas party
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im done with usaa.

22 year member.

This. Cheaper isn’t always better. Wether it’s Wal-Mart, Kia or GEICO / the general. You get exactly what you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Got mine, $466.02 deposited into my checking account.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#14]
got mine, over $450.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Got $485, which was nice.

I go member over 40 years here shortly, and that's when the real money starts to roll in
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I got $8 and some change.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
USAA is a mutual insurance company.  It is owned by the policy holders.  Like any corporation, if the company has a profitable year, it returns a portion of teh profits to the owners.   Except instead of going out to shareholders as dividends, it goes to the policyholders as a subscriber account distribution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What sorcery is this?
Yep.

And dividends are taxable income, the SSA distribution is not. It is a refund of your premium essentially.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Just under $300 here and it’s automatically applied to my auto insurance bill.  I’ve used USAA since 2000 for auto (and 06 for home owners) and have been more than happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Im done with usaa.

22 year member.

View Quote
This.... Farmers was $860 cheaper.
I showed the policy to 2 of my insurance friends, to make sure I was comparing apples to apples.

Exact same policy/coverage was $860 cheaper from farmers and between $250-350 cheaper prety much everywhere else.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I have homeowners and auto. I didn’t get shit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same, never have with USAA.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Member since '84.  Got my notice from my bank of direct deposit.  $800 ish.  As too other insurance companies being cheaper I look from time to time and no one can beat my house and auto polices.  Having said that I have coverage for my weapons somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#23]
As I understand it (based on my past employment), there are three distinct insurance groups in USAA. The original group, USAA proper, is made up of officers. The second group, CIC, is made up of family members, descendants and employees. The third group is GIC and is enlisted.

Only the first group is eligible for the SSA distribution.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
As I understand it (based on my past employment), there are three distinct insurance groups in USAA. The original group, USAA proper, is made up of officers. The second group, CIC, is made up of family members, descendants and employees. The third group is GIC and is enlisted.

View Quote
That makes sense.  I fall in the 2nd group (CIC) and get a dividend.  Is that not the same?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I need to check mine lol
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I only have auto through them.  $34.83...pfft.

Never had a ticket in my life, ~25 years of driving.  1 accident 14 years ago with total combined damages of $1300.

Still paying $419 per 6 month premium.

Fucking absurd.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#27]
If you get a distribution, you will get a notice that looks like:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I also have a Garrison account. Maybe it's only former officers or enlisted that get the dividend.
View Quote
USAa group only
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have checking, cc, home and auto, mortgage and I have never seen one of these dividends or refunds.

Edit: it’s been explained why
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm GIC and got bupkis.  It did make me look at my premiums though (haven't done that in a bit).  I didn't realize how much higher they were so I need to do a policy review.  Almost double Geico and Progressive.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Ah, just found it. $76.94 applied to bill.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#32]
$81.90
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

similar story here... and they won't explain what a subscriber account is, how to become a subscriber, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

similar story here... and they won't explain what a subscriber account is, how to become a subscriber, etc.
Officers and senior enlisted and 5+ yr employees
Quoted:

Never had a ticket in my life, ~25 years of driving.  1 accident 14 years ago with total combined damages of $1300.

Fucking absurd.
$70/m is rock bottom rates
You can be outraged when it’s $419/month
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
$20.49

I must not be doing this right
View Quote
Directly related you your insurance bills
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking absurd.
*edit*  disregard
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Okay wtf, I have a house and three cars insured with them and my dividend is $47?  No claims, no accidents, no nothing.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#37]
$580.59
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Switched this month to geico, went from 102month to 53month

Had been with usaa for 17 years on insurance
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How is it listed on your bill?  As a refund?

The only thing listed on my bill is "POLICY HOLDER AUTO PREM REFUND".  I called USAA and they said that is it.  $3.96.
View Quote
Correct.  It's a refund of overpaid premium.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yep.

And dividends are taxable income, the SSA distribution is not. It is a refund of your premium essentially.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What sorcery is this?
Yep.

Yep. The SSA is not taxable because it's a refund of overpaid premium and not part of an investment program.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I never see mine.  It's been going straight to my insurance for the last 30 years.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Switched this month to geico, went from 102month to 53month

Had been with usaa for 17 years on insurance
View Quote
Geico called me once a little bit ago and asked about switching to them.  I told them I had USAA and they didn't even bother, said they couldn't match the rates.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#43]
409 this year.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Geico called me once a little bit ago and asked about switching to them.  I told them I had USAA and they didn't even bother, said they couldn't match the rates.
View Quote
Geico beat USAA for me by a lot.

I dumped auto with USAA over the Sean Hannity fiasco then dropped homeowners due to price.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I dumped auto with USAA over the Sean Hannity fiasco then dropped homeowners due to price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a bunch of buddies who did similar, until the new insurance company jacked up the premiums at the one-year mark.

They ended up going back to USAA.

USAA has been pretty solid for me, had them since '98 and premiums have not varied much through renewals, in fact, my premiums have gone down over time, for the same coverage and vehicles.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#46]
$395.28 for this guy. Pretty happy about that!
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Great post! I logged in and discovered that I had never directed USAA on what to do with my dividends. So, it was just sitting there in the banking section, waiting on me.

Accountant
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#48]
$297 for me. Have home and one auto.

Been with USAA for about 20 years. Senior Enlisted retiree.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Okay wtf, I have a house and three cars insured with them and my dividend is $47?  No claims, no accidents, no nothing.
View Quote
I think it depends on how long you have been a member. I have only been with them for about 7 years (home and auto) and got $42.58. My parents have been members for over 50 years and get well over a thousand.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That makes sense.  I fall in the 2nd group (CIC) and get a dividend.  Is that not the same?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its different risk groups. SSA is where USAA keeps its reserves.   CIC dividend is not a SSA distribution, but a return on CIC funds. Its a smaller amount. I haven’t seen a CIC dividend yet, and I’m a 25 year member with auto and homeowners.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top