BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just to be crystal clear - if you keep the clubs you're worthless POS.

any questions ?

He cant give them to UPS, make a best effort read post above
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
How far off is the address from yours?

Just different road, or like wrong city/state?

If you can't find the address, I wonder if its part of some kind of scam, and you ended up being the wrong recipient.  Like the delivery guy who was intercepting drugs sent to other peoples addresses, but one accidentally got delivered to the mayors house.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
call UPS, they will pick it up.  I once had a 3k dollar rug delivered to my door, I called UPS to come get it
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Got a quick little doorbell ring and dogs start barking their heads off.  I usually don't answer the door unless I am expecting something.  I see a tell-tell sign of a UPS truck out front and open the door.  UPS truck speeds off and I notice the box on my door step.  Callaway irons, wrong address.  Not even the right street.  I am not sure where this street is in my town.  I hate UPS should I keep the clubs and basically say FU UPS?

FU Obama.

*****UPDATE*****
Google searched the address and it isn't a valid address.  Tried Mapquest also and nothing.  After that tried googling name of person but nothing comes up in my area.  I hate to give them back to UPS as someone said, they will probably lose them again.....looking for more options.

If UPS cannot find the recipient, they will return them to the sender, which is what should happen.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Got a quick little doorbell ring and dogs start barking their heads off. I usually don't answer the door unless I am expecting something. I see a tell-tell sign of a UPS truck out front and open the door. UPS truck speeds off and I notice the box on my door step. Callaway irons, wrong address. Not even the right street. I am not sure where this street is in my town. I hate UPS should I keep the clubs and basically say FU UPS?

FU Obama.

*****UPDATE*****
Google searched the address and it isn't a valid address. Tried Mapquest also and nothing. After that tried googling name of person but nothing comes up in my area. I hate to give them back to UPS as someone said, they will probably lose them again.....looking for more options.

Your post is very odd.  Let's start with this, how did you know what was in the box?  Already make up your mind?

Says Calloway on the side of the box.  Too heavy to be woods.  Average cost of Calloway irons on golfsmith.com is right around $800.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Even to ask wether to keep or give them back shows that your moral compas needs some tuning. Even if it was Liberal political paraphenalia, I would do the right thing and make sure it gets to the owner with no expectation of getting a reward or even a thankyou.

Were these in a package that you had to open? I sure hope not.
What I would do is if I cant find the person I would see who the sender was and try to contact them and let them know what happened. They probably have a phone number or email address.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#7]

reading your update it seems like it could be a scam

do your best to find the correct owner and if you can't call ups and if they say it's not there problem then keep them i guess

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]
You deserve the beating you are taking.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Will the 9 folks who voted to keep the clubs please make yourselves known so that I can add you to my

"DO NOT DEAL WITH" list for the EE

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Will the 9 folks who voted to keep the clubs please make yourselves known so that I can add you to my

Thank you in advance

No shit right?  Pretty disappointing that almost 6% of a group of people who claim to be honest, conservative, patriotic, fellow-minded Americans would steal given the opportunity....that or they're a bunch of smart-asses!!!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I would keep them unless they are really crazy expensive.  By the time everyone pays the money to transport and deal with it, they will probably end up losing money.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would keep them unless they are really crazy expensive.  By the time everyone pays the money to transport and deal with it, they will probably end up losing money.

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thank you in advance

This and also to the 2 people who said to "sell them".
I think selling them is even worse and would probably result in a felony if caught.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Why is this even a question?  Geeze.

+1     You embarrass yourself

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you in advance

This and also to the 2 people who said to "sell them".
I think selling them is even worse and would probably result in a felony if caught.

OOPS...missed those
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, you went through all of this effort to find the intended owner of the clubs.  Why not just call UPS and tell them the situation?  Problem solved.  They will pick them back up and return to sender if they can't find the buyer since it was an invalid address.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Only if you are a thief.

If your name and address are not on the box, call up UPS and tell them to come pick them up.

This would be the correct answer.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well I guess that makes it OK then.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Got a quick little doorbell ring and dogs start barking their heads off. I usually don't answer the door unless I am expecting something. I see a tell-tell sign of a UPS truck out front and open the door. UPS truck speeds off and I notice the box on my door step. Callaway irons, wrong address. Not even the right street. I am not sure where this street is in my town. I hate UPS should I keep the clubs and basically say FU UPS?

FU Obama.

*****UPDATE*****
Google searched the address and it isn't a valid address. Tried Mapquest also and nothing. After that tried googling name of person but nothing comes up in my area. I hate to give them back to UPS as someone said, they will probably lose them again.....looking for more options.

Your post is very odd.  Let's start with this, how did you know what was in the box?  Already make up your mind?

Says Calloway on the side of the box.  Too heavy to be woods.  Average cost of Calloway irons on golfsmith.com is right around $800.

Call the shipper and ask what to do with them ... hell they may just say keep them. Or at worst send UPS to come pick them up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope, Karma is a motherfucker...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thank you Mr. Hitchens....

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FU Obama.

*****UPDATE*****
Google searched the address and it isn't a valid address.  Tried Mapquest also and nothing.  After that tried googling name of person but nothing comes up in my area.  I hate to give them back to UPS as someone said, they will probably lose them again.....looking for more options.

If neither the name or the address exists then it is probably some sort of credit card fraud and someone will be by to pick up the clubs off your porch when you're not home.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#23]
whats the tracking # on the shipping label?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oh so your doing them a favor how kind of you. Your rationalizing a way that allows you to keep somthing that does not belong to you. This type of attitue "well it is not my problem" and "It wasnt my mistake so skrew them" Is so disapointing to see. I have had packages arive at my house that were not mine and I got them to the rightful owner. That is what a decent human being would do. You never know what an act of selflessness might do. You never know who you might influence, this person could hate conservativs and this gesture and act could change their minds and make them rethink their outlook.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Books/Pix/covers/2009/05/28/hitchens.jpg

I didn't read the thread thoroughly––I would call UPS first yes.  If that becomes an ordeal I would stop at that point.  What is the point?  By the time every employee he speaks to on the phone, every driver, his time, etc is over with I bet we've expended more money than the clubs are worth.  At that point he is basically "stealing" the same quantity of revenue by wasting everyone's time.  Let's say each worker involved is paid $30/hr including benefits (that might be low for unionized UPS employees).  How many hours until we've spent more money than the clubs are worth?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Nah, call UPS. Get those to their rightful owner.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FU Obama.

*****UPDATE*****

Your post is very odd. Let's start with this, how did you know what was in the box? Already make up your mind?

Says Calloway on the side of the box. Too heavy to be woods. Average cost of Calloway irons on golfsmith.com is right around $800.

I could not be a full set?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#28]
bust open the box and look for a packing slip.  then, call the company where the order originated from.  Ask them what to do next.  I've done this in the past.

For the haters out there, I said keep it to be an ass.  I have not done that and would not do that myself.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Are there any UPS employees here who can explain this?  I've had packages that were addressed to me misdelivered to people on the other side of the state.  No similarity whatsoever between the two addresses.  I can see a package getting misrouted somewhere along the way, but you'd think the error would get caught at the sort facility, or before the package is loaded on the truck, or before the driver picks up the package and leaves it on the doorstep of some random person.  

Is there a barcode or something that, if it gets messed up in the beginning, the package is going to be delivered to where the barcode says, regardless of the address written on the package?  Enquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#30]
INB4 someone posts in the UPS loses my shit thread that you've been waiting for a set of Callaway irons that never appeared.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like you might want to call the police or speak to UPS upper management.

I've read that a common credit card scam is to have items bought on stolen cards delivered to a fictitious address, then a UPS employee grabs them before they can be delivered.  That way, the stolen items aren't delivered to the thief's home address, and the police have nothing to go on.  The package is never reported as missing, so there isn't an investigation.

UPS can find out who missed work that day, so they know who missed grabbing their package.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#32]

I just thought of somthing. You might of got his package and he might of got yours. The drivers will have a list of packages in their truck and if they were similar in size he might of just grabbed the wrong ones, if so he might have yours and be discussing the same thing on another forum.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't read the thread thoroughly––I would call UPS first yes.  If that becomes an ordeal I would stop at that point.  What is the point?  By the time every employee he speaks to on the phone, every driver, his time, etc is over with I bet we've expended more money than the clubs are worth.  At that point he is basically "stealing" the same quantity of revenue by wasting everyone's time.  Let's say each worker involved is paid $30/hr including benefits (that might be low for unionized UPS employees).  How many hours until we've spent more money than the clubs are worth?

And it wasn't really sex either, right.  Rationalize it any way you want, it is still theft.  With the 10's of thousands of packages UPS deals with every day, I guarantee you they have a simple process in place to call and report a mis-delivered package.  One phone call is all it will take and the clubs will go back to the shipper.

But hey, whatever lets you sleep at night.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

UPS skrewed up and they can pay for their screw up. A lot of these employees that your speaking about are on the clock no matter what they get paid regardless.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Keep them, if you want the same thing to happen to you.

Tenfold.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Glad to see you did the right thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Call Calaway and give then the clubs serial number. They'll track them down.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it wasn't really sex either, right.  Rationalize it any way you want, it is still theft.  With the 10's of thousands of packages UPS deals with every day, I guarantee you they have a simple process in place to call and report a mis-delivered package.  One phone call is all it will take and the clubs will go back to the shipper.

My power meter broke on my house a few months ago.  I noticed my bills went to nothing and called the power company.  They said they would fix it.  Month passes, nothing.  I call them again, they say they will fix it.  Nothing happens.  I call them yet again, nothing happens.

It finally got fixed a few weeks ago.  How much effort do you have to put into it before you reach the point where the other party isn't trying.  I'm just saying I personally have a low tolerance for this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My power meter broke on my house a few months ago.  I noticed my bills went to nothing and called the power company.  They said they would fix it.  Month passes, nothing.  I call them again, they say they will fix it.  Nothing happens.  I call them yet again, nothing happens.

It finally got fixed a few weeks ago.  How much effort do you have to put into it before you reach the point where the other party isn't trying.  I'm just saying I personally have a low tolerance for this kind of stuff.

2 phone calls is not that much effort at all. I am sorry but even if your on hold for 30 mins it is not that much effort. while you wait you can be reading arfcom.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top