Edited DT
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thin brown line?

Quoted:
Quoted:
the union will save him,  he will get moved to another area.

Thin brown line?

Well played!

As for the story: Very limited info but lean toward good cut. Don't like invisible fences; gives no indication to the dogs being contained.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So you are gonna go to this guys house, pretend to be a cop, and forcibly enter his home?

Then what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say we go get em

Then what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk3DjXKdVcY

So you are gonna go to this guys house, pretend to be a cop, and forcibly enter his home?

Then what?

Can't you just enjoy the Seinfeld reference?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can't you just enjoy the Seinfeld reference?
View Quote

There is a Seinfeld episode for many of life's situations.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Look at all the horse shit in this thread.

You order something. Know it's coming . Won't be bothered containing you're  drags and  want to cut my ass when things go bad.

And, I need to get bitten before I do anything..

And, to the guy the says he is a delivery guy. UPS? Cause you don't know what the fak you're talking about.. Every one of us carry a knife. Never heard so much bs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

there was an invisible fence. No way for the driver to know. he was just doing his job. Now listen im not saying good stab but there could be a very reasonable explanation for him feeling threatened by a Dane.

Now if he was just some dude who was driving by and said "watch me fuck up this dog" then yea kill em.. Dude just delivering your packages and your 100 pound plus dog runs up to say hello, then yea i could see the misunderstanding. I'm a big dude and i would think 4 or 5 times before i tangled with a Dane.

ETA: "your" as in just an example. i understand these are not your personal animals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
delivering packages and two great danes come at you? Yea cant possibly see how that could go poorly.. I'm sorry but i would keep my dogs behind a fence or get packages delivered elsewhere.

Not exactly like it was a couple of Yorkies. Danes are large animals and people who dont know them personally could reasonably be afraid.

Actually, one Dane, one Pitt.  There is a Dachsund around too.  Yes, there is a fence. The driver  come onto the property.

there was an invisible fence. No way for the driver to know. he was just doing his job. Now listen im not saying good stab but there could be a very reasonable explanation for him feeling threatened by a Dane.

Now if he was just some dude who was driving by and said "watch me fuck up this dog" then yea kill em.. Dude just delivering your packages and your 100 pound plus dog runs up to say hello, then yea i could see the misunderstanding. I'm a big dude and i would think 4 or 5 times before i tangled with a Dane.

ETA: "your" as in just an example. i understand these are not your personal animals.

My dogs are my family, If I see someone slashing my dogs in my yard, I don't give a fuck what their excuse is, they are getting either their ass beat, or dead.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes!

I want to know what injuries the driver sustained to justify his actions. I'm betting none.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i get a lot of deliveries. that is one big reason i have cameras around my property. That motherfucker would have been met with a biblical ass whooping the next time i saw him. sometimes it really is worth the ride.

Yes!

I want to know what injuries the driver sustained to justify his actions. I'm betting none.

So you have to sustain injuries to defend yourself? I bet that's coming from someone who has never done a similar job
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My dogs are my family, If I see someone slashing my dogs in my yard, I don't give a fuck what their excuse is, they are getting either their ass beat, or dead.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#11]
UPS driver should have called the cops so they could have been a problem no mo
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A lot more would be shot if UPS/USPS allowed their delivery people to carry guns.
View Quote

Having delivered packages for UPS in the past...if there was a dog roaming free we'd usually attack it with a treat, if we could get it to sit for that we knew we were good to go.

There was only one house on the route that we didn't brave the dogs to get to the door, they were left neatly by the mail box as their big ass aggressive dog had free range of the front yard.  

UPS told us that we could block a dog attack with a package, but we can't hit the dog...

I know some dogs aren't supposed to have certain food or whatever but that was pretty much the price of doing business if your dog roamed free.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/NDT.gif

Eh, I'm kind of the same way but my dog doesn't roam free, it stays behind a fence int he back yard when he's out.  If someone scales my fence to stab my chocolate lab I would probably death blossom.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok..in the spirit of the op's story, and you're dogs run to the delivery guy, can we throw you're packages in the road an haul ass?  You wouldn't call and complain, right?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I would think that the pizza delivery guys would automatically be safer.
Except for the drooling hazard.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ok..in the spirit of the op's story, and you're dogs run to the delivery guy, can we throw you're packages in the road an haul ass?  You wouldn't call and complain, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't have a problem with picking up at the hub, but then my dogs either in the house a in their fenced backyard
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#17]
UPS not only steals guns.  They also slash pets.  Nice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Unbelievable.   I don't know what I would do if someone were to hurt my dog.
View Quote

Have a 1905 bayonet for one of those Garands?  18" of stabby goodness.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have a Great Dane. Awesome dog but worthless when it comes to home protection. Rates right down with the black Lab I had as a kid.
View Quote

Interesting, because they were originally bred as dogs of war.  They must have been Scoobified during the past few hundred years.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Zoinks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a Great Dane. Awesome dog but worthless when it comes to home protection. Rates right down with the black Lab I had as a kid.

Interesting, because they were originally bred as dogs of war.  They must have been Scoobified during the past few hundred years.  

Zoinks!

I say that only because I have never seen her get defensive or aggressive around strange people. Everybody is somebody new to play with.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Not enough information to really choose a side, but I doubt the UPS driver was just dieing to attack dogs with a box cutter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What type of extra special short bus snowflake attacks a Great Dane? That's like starting a knife fight with Gandhi.
View Quote

My best friend HAD 2 danes.
Now down to 1 dane after he decided to nip at his 6yr old daughter.
I personally was on the way over to his house to insert 230grs. of pill when he called me and said she was hurt from "blue", who was a grumpy ole bastard to begin with...
doggy saved and went to his wifes parents home.  Lucky 150 pound jerk of a dog.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#24]
double tap
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe this is why my dogs HATE the UPS guy.  My windows have those bars in both directions or they would go right through them to get him.
View Quote

My dog LOVES the UPS guy.  Rural route so we get the same UPS guy.  If my dog is out when the brown truck pulls up at the gate, she hauls ass to meet him.  He pulls a dog treat out of his pouch on his belt, hands it to her, and she hauls ass back to the house.  He has her better trained than I do! LOL  He said since he started carrying treats with him, he has never been bitten.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i get a lot of deliveries. that is one big reason i have cameras around my property. That motherfucker would have been met with a biblical ass whooping the next time i saw him. sometimes it really is worth the ride.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm a driver, and that is bullshit. We can't carry knives, even box cutters. Terminate the fucker.

Almost all of the dogs I've dealt with were friendly, the ones that aren't get a package left out at the end of the driveway.

View Quote

I have no doubt its against company policy just as its against policy for a pizza delivery guy to smoke to assholes robbing him at gun point. He will lose his job. however, sometimes a job is not worth getting fucked up or deaded over.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

True.  But you need to show that you were in danger of your life.  The kid had no weapon and if you show no visible signs of injury, you are just making your defense that more difficult.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  It would make the case much more difficult.  

Not if I were on the jury and was privy to all the other info they had. In this case here, I don't have the info, but a person needn't be injured to defend himself.

True.  But you need to show that you were in danger of your life.  The kid had no weapon and if you show no visible signs of injury, you are just making your defense that more difficult.

the word your looking for is "Fear". you need to show that you were in fear of your life.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Did the UPS driver used to be a cop?

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
tie up your dogs or pay the consequences..

no sympathy here.
UPS guy should have not made the delivery at all if there is a dog problem.

View Quote

Maybe he didnt know there was a problem until he was already half way to the door.. who the fuck knows.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

the word your looking for is "Fear". you need to show that you were in fear of your life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  It would make the case much more difficult.  

Not if I were on the jury and was privy to all the other info they had. In this case here, I don't have the info, but a person needn't be injured to defend himself.

Negative.  Not a requirement under Texas law.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm missing the point of using a box cutter for proper defense against a dog.  The UPS guy has lots of issues
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I believe we all should chain our dogs to a tree like they do in the ghetto that way NO ONE will get hurt.

never let your dog run free,  yes that means no dog parks,  no taking them for a run,  no swimming in the lake NOTHING KEEP YOUR DOG tied up,  in fact tie all 4 legs together............

that's pretty much what I get from GD forum.........

View Quote

That's retarded. No one just ends up in a dog park not realizing there are loose dogs. Nor do UPS dudes just show up to deliver packages there. Contain your animals.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#36]
I retired from the Telephone Company. I think it's very safe to say owners don't know their dogs as well as they think they do. Dogs will protect their space. WHERE exactly that space is, is hard to say. They may lick you to death at the property line or the gate, but take that extra step towards the door and it's a whole other story.

Personally, if I saw the dogs in the yard I wouldn't have entered. I've also been surprised by dogs that were out of sight when I ENTERED the property.

This could go either way. If the UPS guy is halfway human, he's probably just as shaken up about all this too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
delivering packages and two great danes come at you? Yea cant possibly see how that could go poorly.. I'm sorry but i would keep my dogs behind a fence or get packages delivered elsewhere.

Not exactly like it was a couple of Yorkies. Danes are large animals and people who dont know them personally could reasonably be afraid.

Actually, one Dane, one Pitt.  There is a Dachsund around too.  Yes, there is a fence. The driver  come onto the property.

I wonder if you would be such a bad ass in prison.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

if you're scared just stay in the freaking truck until homeowner comes out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Gimme me a break and stop being obtuse. I was using him to illustrate a germane point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are the pictures of the UPS drivers injuries?

Oh, there are none?

You sound like the Trayvon crowd. Think about it.

Same thing, just a different "my baby" that "didn't do nothin"

I can see how you could mistake Trayvon = Dog

Just like  Sister = Wife

Same exact fucking thing right?

Sheesh

Gimme me a break and stop being obtuse. I was using him to illustrate a germane point.

The god damn Germans got nothin' to do with it!

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A lot more would be shot if UPS/USPS allowed their delivery people to carry guns.
View Quote

A lot more would be shot if I caught one doing that to my dog.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#43]
An invisible fence would not enter into the equation if I saw a dog charging at me.  Dogs can and will run through invisible fences if they really want to.  I have seen it happen.  It's psychological conditioning that makes them stop before getting shocked.  If they're enraged or if they are aware that the shock stops if they keep running, then the fence might as well not be there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had a legitimate reason to be on your property and thought your dog was about to attack me, I would kill it if I couldn't escape.  

Deal with it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah

It's pretty fucking funny when people do just that

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Is this one of those threads where GD thinks everyone lives on a 1/4 acre, in a cookie cutter neighborhood, the UPS guy always comes at 6:30PM, and that it's totally unacceptable for an animal to be off a humane society approved safety harness?

Probably.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is this one of those threads where GD thinks everyone lives on a 1/4 acre, in a cookie cutter neighborhood, the UPS guy always comes at 6:30PM, and that it's totally unacceptable for an animal to be off a humane society approved safety harness?

Probably.
View Quote

No, it's the one where people think dogs can't attack people and, bizarrely, where at least one person thinks you have to be injured before you're allowed to defend yourself.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#48]
My UPS driver has a pocket full of dog treats. I introduced my nutty boxer to him as well, but she is almost never out alone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
No, it's the one where people think dogs can't attack people and, bizarrely, where at least one person thinks you have to be injured before you're allowed to defend yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably.

Stupid people abound.  It would be easy to read this thread and come up with both conclusions.  That's why my packages are delivered to work.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top