Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fucker was guilty as hell. He got off because of an amnesty, not because he didn't do the crime.

michellemalkin.com/2006/04/12/where-is-bilal-hussein/

Including the famous MC Hammer mortar picture.

They should just have shot him.

Well if Michelle Malkin says it's so then it must be true.

I posted this earlier. A few months ago the usual crowds told me this was a slam dunk case and that the guy should be convicted and sent to rot.

They never bothered to turn up and defend themselves in my thread, either.

As far as i remember Uncle Sugar refused to release any information about the case. So you made a thread based on your personal bias.  

All I asked, and all the AP asked for two years. Is for the military to present evidence. I don't think it's too much to ask that when you hold someone you at least admit why.

Why?  Because he was considered somewhere between a POW and a criminal in a country where there is a war on.

But let me ask an honest question.  

Imagine this AP photographer started coming up with really good photo's of NeoNazis.  

-He gets to take photo's of skinheads shooting at a synagogue full of people in Atlanta.  

-He gets exclusive staged shots of two Nazi wannabees holding guns over a tied up black kid they later behead in Utah.  

-NeoNazis shooting at a Baptist church that condemmed them?  He's got that photo too.  

-Pics of NeoNazis planting bombs?  Do you prefer pipe bombs in Texas or truck bombs in Oregon?  

-Dead cops, dead Jews, dead kids.  He's got before and after photos of it all.

But he's just a journalist...    ...with an apartment full of plumber's pipe.

Would we be having this discussion?

If he got arrested here, he'd have habeas corpus.  Get arrested in a warzone, all bets are off.

Tex78

Some people can't grasp the basic concept of your last line.  It's pathetic, actually.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pardon my skepticism that they simply had used him up and were letting him go. This had been a huge smudge on the military's reputation with the press corps. They tried stonewalling some of the best investigative journalists in the field and found out that doesn't work too well and wound up with egg on their face.

Not speaking for the .mil or the press, but when it comes to reputation, the press has none.

Before you get all butthurt, stop and consider about all the newshounds sticking their mics in front of a medic or firefighter who has just come out of a bad scene. Gotta get that story.

The press should be thankful for lawyers & politicians, because otherwise they would be the most despised people on the planet.

Seriously, the press whining about someone else's reputation is like a crackwhore admonishing others for promiscuity.

+1  QFT

I have been interviewed about six times by the news media. IN EVERY CASE they got the report wrong, and skewed facts for more drama. Don't tell me shit about the media.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
News is a business and like any other business progress is the ultimate goal.  Anyone who believes that news organizations are truly concerned with reporting the actual news is ignorant of the business world.
Journalists are not concerned with telling the truth or the righteous story.  Journalists are the vultures of tragedy that prey on the hurt, damaged and destroyed remains of humanity.  When all involved are crying and destroyed mentally; journalists will be masturbating at the opportunity to further debase the human race.
News organizations are a business plain and simple.  Businesses are primarily concerned with making money and progress.  The progress that news organizations want is more viewers.  

Money is the all seeing eye of journalism.  Those who pray to money will sacrifice any moral to get money.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if  he was guilty or not of anything; but I do find it rather curious that he was able to take such explicit photos of insurgent activity and not be somehow be complicit.

Very, very strange that he would happen to be 'Johnny on the spot' for all those photos and still keep his head on his shoulders. Especially when others have lost theirs for much less...

Too damn fishy for my taste, I'd have locked his ass up too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
News is a business and like any other business progress is the ultimate goal.  Anyone who believes that news organizations are truly concerned with reporting the actual news is ignorant of the business world.
Journalists are not concerned with telling the truth or the righteous story.  Journalists are the vultures of tragedy that prey on the hurt, damaged and destroyed remains of humanity.  When all involved are crying and destroyed mentally; journalists will be masturbating at the opportunity to further debase the human race.
News organizations are a business plain and simple.  Businesses are primarily concerned with making money and progress.  The progress that news organizations want is more viewers.  

Money is the all seeing eye of journalism.  Those who pray to money will sacrifice any moral to get money.

Sums it up nicely. And I also have had a lot of first hand experience talking with the staffs/cameramen, etc of the news media. they are flotsam (reporters).

ETA: spelling.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Garand, after the high drama of the Jefferson monument I think my internet angst is spent for the day. Not to mention that I really don't see the point in sticking around in a thread where I'm either flotsam or a vulture.

Shoot me a PM if you want to continue this conversation later. Even though I disagree with a lot of your posts, they're usually pretty well founded and suffer only from the malady of being less correct than mine. I keed I keed

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmm, this is the thread where we eat our own, accounts get locked and bad feelings fester.. Sad..
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I know how the Haj system works. If you are not working as a tool for there cause you will not survive long in there AO simple as that. I know i know he was an Iraqi that's why they didn't hack his head off right? But wait aren't these the same people killing the children of civilians who refuse to give them quarter? This guy was an asset to them in one way or another and in order to be an asset you have to be working against the goals of the Iraqi people and the US.  

As far as the Media in Iraq, i would estimate about 10% are not blood hounds. We had a big ol PR meeting prior to deployment. Civilian PR lady asked about a group of 100 + people if they had been interviewed in Iraq. I would estimate about 40-50 people raised there hands(most held leadership positions). She then asked how many of them felt the reporters failed to report the truth or twisted the story. Every single person raised there hands again. Her plan was to prove that we can trust the media to some extent but it blew up in her face.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Garand, after the high drama of the Jefferson monument I think my internet angst is spent for the day. Not to mention that I really don't see the point in sticking around in a thread where I'm either flotsam or a vulture.

Shoot me a PM if you want to continue this conversation later. Even though I disagree with a lot of your posts, they're usually pretty well founded and suffer only from the malady of being less correct than mine. I keed I keed

What happened to the Jefferson thread?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, if he wasn't on the terrorist's side before,  he sure will be now after being a prisoner for two years!

He'll probably have a little "accident" before too long.

CJ

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top