BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I read it durring McVeigh's trial just to see what the hell everyone was talking about. I had low expectations, but they weren't low enough. The book reads like a twelve year old racist kid's daydream, but somehow manages to be less credible. The man should have taken some more english classes, at least that way I would have been reading well written bullshit.

The part where he blows up an FBI building sent a chill up my spine, though. McVeigh basically used the book as a script there.

Kyle
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am reading it now just so I can say I did. So far,(3 chapters) its just a very poorly written novel about the government taking away everybodys guns, and a group that is getting ready to fight back.
View Quote
How convenient for you to leave out the aspect that he describes how the bad guys are all either of some sort of minority group or jewish. I think that part should have been obvious within the first five pages.
I read it in order to try to understand what the hell these people are thinking, but after reading it I understand even less of where the hell they're coming from.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I just hit Chapter Ten, and its starting to make even less sense.
I cant see how anyone could be influenced by this, much less carry it around like a bible!

McVeigh must have REALLY been out there!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
[usa]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
It's more the mawkish sentimentality of it that I like.

It doesn't hurt my post count, either.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
My first reaction upon reading in the Arizona Republic (I was on vacation out west) that Pierce had died was to laugh with delight.  My second reaction was to call my friends and tell them the good news.
Later, I sobered up a bit and became depressed that he hadn't died in a more painful manner.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
HILLSBORO, West Virginia (CNN) -- William Pierce, ........
View Quote

Pocohantus County WVA...... Home of my Dads birthplace. My childhood summers and nannys house. Place I own land and was deer hunting just 8 months ago......

And you guys wonder why I flip off the race baiting shit here????

View Quote
`

Hey, I live in Pocahontas Co. Or I did till I moved in with my fiancee' in Staunton, VA. a couple months ago. Where do you hunt at?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for bringing this story back to the top almost two weeks later, Rik. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for bringing this story back to the top almost two weeks later, Rik. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Hey, I've been out of town and incommunicado...and it was such good news I had to comment on it.  I'll feel the same way when they find Bin Laden's body.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Some things are better left on page 74 IMO... but as you say.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#13]

14/88

ktmhk53

View Quote

Dude, didn't you get banned from Glock Talk for posting a bunch of racist crap, like a white power gif, etc?  IIRC that 14/88 is some kind of code for nazi slogans, right?  

Try assault web instead.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hey, I live in Pocahontas Co. Or I did till I moved in with my fiancee' in Staunton, VA. a couple months ago. Where do you hunt at?
View Quote

Dude!!  I live in Waynesboro.  We should hook up and go shooting some time.

Oh, and Pierce is a dick, may he burn in Hell.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My first reaction upon reading in the Arizona Republic (I was on vacation out west) that Pierce had died was to laugh with delight.  My second reaction was to call my friends and tell them the good news.
Later, I sobered up a bit and became depressed that he hadn't died in a more painful manner.
View Quote

He died of Kidney and Liver Cancer. Man you haven't experienced pain until you have had Cancer.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 3:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He died of Kidney and Liver Cancer. Man you haven't experienced pain until you have had Cancer.

Bill
View Quote

Aw, you're just trying to cheer me up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Aw, you're just trying to cheer me up.
View Quote

ROTFL! [:D]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top