User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If someone will look up the range through google, he can send the OP's complaint to the range.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm quite certain that the range wouldn't care.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Badge + gun + warrant = you can look at anything you want.

Anything less = fail.

+1 a range officer is there for safety purposes, not as an inspector to determine if there are illegal weapons on the range.  If he owns the range and has something printed up as part of a contract that may be something different, but CavVet is right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I'd tell him to FOAD.

+1 He has no right to demand to check the dates on your AR16's magazines!

Yeah!

That's right!

Don't give in!

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell, NO!

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would find another range!

I would find another state.

This is EXACTLY the right answer.

Easier said than done.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]
is this chump a range officer or an ATF AGENT.......tell him to FUCK OFF
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
As Freefalle intimated, if they don't have dates you're fine.  Dates were put on mags to show what you couldn't possess during the AWB; so no dates, no problem.  That said, being right won't stop always you from being hassled, arrested, etc.

Nunya
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
This is a privately-owned range, or public?

If private... I hate to say it, but he's an authorized agent of the owner, and can walk up to you and tell you to leave because he doesn't like your shirt.  If you disagree with the way he runs the range, contact the owners and ask them if this is how they want to be represented.  If not, he'll be told to ease off, or fired.  If they don't mind, and you don't want to put up with this, find another range.

You have no obligation to show him your magazines or anything else.  But he can, apparently, tell you to leave and call the cops if you won't go.  So... show the mags, only shoot on days this dipshit isn't there, or shoot at another range.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

There was another member that had a problem at Rochester Brooks. They called the cops on him over something stupid. You should post this in the NY HTF.

That'd be me.. Read all about it here;

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=317521

I wonder if it's the same guy who outed me.. Fuck 'em I hate to say it because its a really nice spot.. I go to canadaigua now. A bit of a drive but you can scoot n shoot which is VERY nice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was another member that had a problem at Rochester Brooks. They called the cops on him over something stupid. You should post this in the NY HTF.

That'd be me.. Read all about it here;

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=317521

I wonder if it's the same guy who outed me.. Fuck 'em I hate to say it because its a really nice spot.. I go to canadaigua now. A bit of a drive but you can scoot n shoot which is VERY nice.

Canandaigua is the place to be/shoot. It's like having your own personal range. There's hardly anyone ever there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#14]
That's one good thing about being out west. Lots of public land that I can go shoot on any time I want, and nobody around fucking with me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wow

I think that'd be my last day at that range. Boy I'd show up at the next club meeting and tear Sarah Brady Junior a new asshole, however if they are a Fudd club they may not care and want guys with fighting guns out.

It always amazes me that we have a lot of Fudd people in this country who don't care about black rifles and won't stand up to fight for our rights as we would theirs.

And the idiots will learn, too, that it isn't just black rifles that the gun haters want to get rid of.

EDIT: Luckily, the range that I just joined recently welcomes black rifles.  The first day I was there two out of the three guys (besides me) had an AR.  I was tempted to ask their screen names!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#18]
[It always amazes me that we have a lot of Fudd people in this country who don't care about black rifles and won't stand up to fight for our rights as we would theirs.

And the idiots will learn, too, that it isn't just black rifles that the gun haters want to get rid of.
]

Wouldnt it be funny if gun grabbers tried to ban over and under guns , and saidblack rifles are socially acceptable.

But seriously it is only a matter of time that the ar15 becomes THE mainstream rifle and over unders become exotic specialties. Demographicaly the ar section of the gun wourld is growing in leaps and bounds.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I'd tell him to FOAD.

Sure you would tough guy.

Why wouldn't I?  If someone wants to inspect my rifle or mags  they can fuck off. I will pack up my shit and leave and never return. It has nothing to do with being a tough guy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#20]
places like that....just don't help the gun community.

tell them to fudd off !

just leave and never ever go back....

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would find another range!

I would find another state.

This is EXACTLY the right answer.

Yes, just so long as it isn't Texas. We're full.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Point to nearest sand pile and tell him to "get to pounding". Range officers work for the owner, they are not the law. He can either let you shoot or not.
The comment about Badge+warrant is spot on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:36:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Get out Bro, Don;t need an asshat trying to puff his chest out while others watch.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:49:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I grew up in the Rochester area, and have lived in PA, MI, and WI since.  Get out of NY and go anywhere, even CA, you'll be better off.  Abandon the state and let it collapse of its own liberal mass.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Doesn't sound like any place I would pay money too.

I prefer isolated, very rural, ranges that are locked gates to non members. I hate shooting when other people besides the ones i bring are shooting there.

Simply don't want to mess with the BS and stupidity from other people.

Only once did i ever have a good experience with someone else at a range. Every other time has been a barrage of stupid questions about legality and how I'm on the wrong side of it because I am a EBR owner.

I bet you can tell I'm slightly anti-social.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top