Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
State Trooper got me on a 4lane stretch on the way home from Little Rock, no other cars in sight, wide open. We were all seat belted.  Wife in passenger side, 3 year old boy in the car sleeping in his carseat.

I pulled over before he even got turned around when I saw him throw the lights on, and had my hands on the wheel with my dark tinted windows all the way down when he got to the car so he could see inside.

I said, "Hello sir!, how fast did you get me?" He introduced himself, informed me of my speed, asked for licensee, etc. and as I handed him the goods I informed him that I had a concealed handgun license and there was a loaded weapon in the vehicle.

He said, "That's alright with me." and went back his unit. He came back with a warning and told me to have a nice day and a safe drive.

Afterwards my wife was talking about how it was chickenshit to pull me over for that small of an infraction, but she agreed when I explained to her that the speed was just the reason for hm to make contact, after that he's looking for some scumbag felon, or someone possibly drunk, perhaps with warrants, etc. I just happened to give him the opening, and I was speeding.

THIS^^^^

He may have not even been looking for any felonies...just a boring stretch of road and you were the only one on it for him to make a stat in his log sheet with.  

Since I was squeaky clean and polite to boot, I was on my way with no problem in under 5 minutes. Good cop.

AND THAT IS MY PROBLEM with this for $100 Alex.  

This pretext stop shit is total bullshit when there is NO other reason to believe that there is a problem with that car.  He's just playing the numbers, and that's fucked up.  Same shit as a fucking roadblock.

God I dislike the way LE has gone in this nation.  Less actual investigation, more sticking noses into people's lives because it is easier than actually finding the fucker with clues and evidence.  Nope, you got to yank every car you can for 1mph over just to get a look and a name.

Fucking papers please.  Go eat a dick if you do this shit, LE.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
State Trooper got me on a 4lane stretch on the way home from Little Rock, no other cars in sight, wide open. We were all seat belted.  Wife in passenger side, 3 year old boy in the car sleeping in his carseat.

I pulled over before he even got turned around when I saw him throw the lights on, and had my hands on the wheel with my dark tinted windows all the way down when he got to the car so he could see inside.

I said, "Hello sir!, how fast did you get me?" He introduced himself, informed me of my speed, asked for licensee, etc. and as I handed him the goods I informed him that I had a concealed handgun license and there was a loaded weapon in the vehicle.

He said, "That's alright with me." and went back his unit. He came back with a warning and told me to have a nice day and a safe drive.

Afterwards my wife was talking about how it was chickenshit to pull me over for that small of an infraction, but she agreed when I explained to her that the speed was just the reason for hm to make contact, after that he's looking for some scumbag felon, or someone possibly drunk, perhaps with warrants, etc. I just happened to give him the opening, and I was speeding.

Since I was squeaky clean and polite to boot, I was on my way with no problem in under 5 minutes. Good cop.

I've never seen anyone messed with around here for that, everyone has dark tint. Summertime here without it -the AC can barely keep up, especially in a wagon/van with all that glass.

That's just something you write/pile on after the fact that someone's been arrested or ticketed fr something else more serious.

Looks like Arkansas has a 25% limit for light transmittance on window tint. That is moderately dark. Do you know what your front windows(next to drive's seat) tints out at? Also, just because everybody does it doesn't make it right.

The trooper said nothing about the tint.

All this stop shows is that it as a slow day for him.  He needed pretenses for stops, was not looking to ticket anyone unless the begged for it.  It's just good, basic police work.

How do you know what was going through the Troopers mind?

I am not the one asserting he was stopped for illegal tint, with zero evidence.

The evidence points to his being stopped for speeding, and getting a warning.

What evidence do you assert to show the tint was anything but a larger part of a profile?  Did the trooper test the tint?  Mention the tint?  Look at the tint funny?

We don't know if the tint played a part in the stop,but if I was borderline going to stop a vehicle,and there was a another seen violation to add to it, it would just add to the reason to stop the car.Maybe if the OP had a shitty attitude(and he didn't)he might of got a ticket for 6 over AND tint.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS^^^^

He may have not even been looking for any felonies...just a boring stretch of road and you were the only one on it for him to make a stat in his log sheet with.  

This pretext stop shit is total bullshit when there is NO other reason to believe that there is a problem with that car.  He's just playing the numbers, and that's fucked up.  Same shit as a fucking roadblock.

God I dislike the way LE has gone in this nation.  Less actual investigation, more sticking noses into people's lives because it is easier than actually finding the fucker with clues and evidence.  Nope, you got to yank every car you can for 1mph over just to get a look and a name.

Wow, you are a real hater. Seriously! Trooper was doing his job. I was speeding. THat's how it works. He saw I was not a massive threat to public safety and let me off with a warning.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen anyone messed with around here for that, everyone has dark tint. Summertime here without it -the AC can barely keep up, especially in a wagon/van with all that glass.

That's just something you write/pile on after the fact that someone's been arrested or ticketed fr something else more serious.

Looks like Arkansas has a 25% limit for light transmittance on window tint. That is moderately dark. Do you know what your front windows(next to drive's seat) tints out at? Also, just because everybody does it doesn't make it right.

All this stop shows is that it as a slow day for him.  He needed pretenses for stops, was not looking to ticket anyone unless the begged for it.  It's just good, basic police work.

What evidence do you assert to show the tint was anything but a larger part of a profile?  Did the trooper test the tint?  Mention the tint?  Look at the tint funny?

We don't know if the tint played a part in the stop,but if I was borderline going to stop a vehicle,and there was a another seen violation to add to it, it would just add to the reason to stop the car.Maybe if the OP had a shitty attitude(and he didn't)he might of got a ticket for 6 over AND tint.

Maybe.  But as it is, the trooper didn't even reference the tint.

Exactly what are you asserting that contradicts what I said?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS^^^^

Would you prefer anyone over 2 mph over get a fine?

Allowing officer discretion is a bad thing, how?

Don't want to give pretext for such a stop?  Obey every traffic law unfailingly.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS^^^^

Jeez.  Take a clozapine.

As a clue.  Investigation IS sticking noses in peoples lives.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you were speeding.  6 over or 3 over, you were speeding.

he did his job.  and you didnt get a ticket, whats the problem?  

He didn't say there was a problem.

What's yours?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
CSB

Over the limit is over the limit.

Your opening remark was foolish.

Otherwise you had a good interaction. Good job.

I was in a good humor and he could tell, I was not trying to be a smart ass, I was really wondering, since my speedo was actually reading that exactly.

Wait, wait, you were wearing a speedo.  Pics or GTFO.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I got a ticket for 57 mph in a 55 from TxDPS.
He was an asshole.
Only time I ever got mad for getting a speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS^^^^

Don't like it? Don't drive.

That little thing you have called a driver's license is an agreement between you and the state. It says that if you break the law (i.e. speed) you will be contacted by LE.

Timothy McVeigh was caught on a traffic stop that had nothing to do with the OKC bombing.

Fuck fishing expeditions, right?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS^^^^

It isn't the same as a roadblock because a roadblock stops people who have committed no infraction at all. This cop stopped a guy going over the speed limit. Yeah, 6 mph over the limit  isn't exactly a terror to society, but he did have a valid reason to pull over the OP whereas a roadblock just stops people for no reason.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds like he was doing his jobfishing.

What kid of vehicle do you drive OP?  Nevermind, saw your post.   He possibly thought you were running drugs and wanted to check you out.  Tinted windows seem to attract attention in some states.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MSHP has a mandatory number of public contacts, they will pull pull you over with no intention of writing you. Some fish, some don't.  

I never knew that, sounds like a PITA.

Though I've got to say that I've always had good experiences with MSHP.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kid of vehicle do you drive OP?  He possibly thought you were running drugs and wanted to check you out.

I am pretty sure the   Piscataway PD is/was looking for a black 2nd gen Ram because every time  I drove mine through that town, I had a cop following me. It even got to the point where they were pulling U turns when coming from the opposite direction to follow me, popping out of alleys ahead of me, pulling off on side streets only to re-emerge in front of me on the road I was on, etc.  I always slowed way the fuck down because I'm sure they would have pulled me over in a heartbeat if they could find an excuse.

Once  I sold my truck, I never had this problem.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
CSB

dunno about where you live but where i live, off and on over the years i have been pulled over for speeding. just about every time i was told 'i dont stop you unless you are going 10 mor more over'. each time i was.

being stopped for 6 over 60 is absurd. dollars to donuts it was for some other reason, suspicion.

was it the forth or before the forth? cops been aggressive around here during the holidays with speeding, duis and seatbelt enforcement.. they will pull you over and ticket you for no seatbelts around here.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What kid of vehicle do you drive OP?  He possibly thought you were running drugs and wanted to check you out.

I am pretty sure the   Piscataway PD is/was looking for a black 2nd gen Ram because every time  I drove mine through that town, I had a cop following me. It even got to the point where they were pulling U turns when coming from the opposite direction to follow me, popping out of alleys ahead of me, pulling off on side streets only to re-emerge in front of me on the road I was on, etc.  I always slowed way the fuck down because I'm sure they would have pulled me over in a heartbeat if they could find an excuse.

Once  I sold my truck, I never had this problem.  

I had a Buick Century that was the same way.  Seemed like everytime went anywhere I had a police escort.  Sold the car and nothing since.

They have an task force here to catch drug runners on the interstates and whatever profile they are using I don't fit it.  I usually drive 8-10 over anytime I'm on the highway and I haven't been stopped in a long time.  It seems like they are looking for any late model truck, SUV or luxury car driven by someone that doesn't look like they can afford it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CSB

dunno about where you live but where i live, off and on over the years i have been pulled over for speeding. just about every time i was told 'i dont stop you unless you are going 10 mor more over'. each time i was.

being stopped for 6 over 60 is absurd. dollars to donuts it was for some other reason, suspicion.

was it the forth or before the forth? cops been aggressive around here during the holidays with speeding, duis and seatbelt enforcement.. they will pull you over and ticket you for no seatbelts around here.

Please explain to me what you think an appropriate arbitrary limit would be for being stopped by law enforcement.

No sarcasm. What do you think is an appropriate reason to stop someone?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You talked too much.

Not necessarily.  I got pulled for 14 over and basically told the trooper (who was a known hardass) that I knew what the speed limit was but basically fucked up and was going too fast.  I got off with a warning.  A friend who is a lawyer in the same county said I was the luckiest man alive and should go buy a lottery ticket.

Quoted:

Please explain to me what you think an appropriate arbitrary limit would be for being stopped by law enforcement.  

No sarcasm. What do you think is an appropriate reason to stop someone?

FWIW I've had lots of tickets in my younger days and I've never been stopped for less than 10 over.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Last night?

All state agencies were making a big push for 4th of July travel.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#21]
what??? no false alerts from a drug sniffing daq?  Son I am dissappoint

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Got pulled over 2 am on a highway in rural Texas driving my then girlfriend back to college from a weekend trip.  Hadn't seen another car for quite some time.  Fishing for drunks, I understand.  Its not right but its just how it is.  I was sober, insured, etc.  Kinda peeved when he came back and gave me a ticket for 7 mph over.  I knew damn well I was only cruising 3-5 mph over but big fucking whoop.  Turns out the town we passed through was a corrupt welfare shithole so I guess the local govt. really needs some money.

If my car was to run out of gas in that town I'd honestly sit and wait and call a tow truck from another area to come give me a tow rather than purchase gas/anything there, thus giving their shit town a single cent of my hard earned money.  That's how scammy they were IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sounds like he was doing his job.

Yep.....you were speeding.  Period.

6 over is 6 over.    Rolling through a stop sight at 1mph is still "not coming to a full and compete stop".

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Got pulled over 2 am on a highway in rural Texas driving my then girlfriend back to college from a weekend trip.  Hadn't seen another car for quite some time.  Fishing for drunks,

fishing for drunks is a lot better than DUI checkpoints according to ARFCOM.   Fishing for drunks is what happens when they don't have DUI checkpoints.  Rejoice.  Think of all the drunks you've saved the trouble of having to go through one of them there checkpoints

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

fishing for drunks is a lot better than DUI checkpoints according to ARFCOM.   Fishing for drunks is what happens when they don't have DUI checkpoints.  Rejoice.  Think of all the drunks you've saved the trouble of having to go through one of them there checkpoints

Fishing for drunks is bullshit too.  Someone is driving like they are shitty? Pull them over sure.  I know I know, speeding is speeding, but it pretty much felt like a shakedown to me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#26]
He had a reason to stop you, so he did.
Your manner and CCW signaled that youre not shithawk.

Catch and Release, still looking for the trophy bass.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS^^^^

Sorry man, police stop speeders.

And I won't "eat a dick", I'll just keep doing my job. If you don't like that, I don't really give a shit.

Your approval of how I do my job is not very important to me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS^^^^

Fucking papers please. Go eat a dick if you do this shit, LE.

The investigation was facilitated due to the traffic infraction.  It's actually possible to make an arrest on a number of charges (warrants, narcotics, dead hooker in trunk) based on stops similar to what you are throwing a child like tantrum over.  The "Go eat a dick" thing was pretty classy as well, you are a true wordsmith.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I remember back in the early 80's same exact thing happened to my sister, I was in the car with her.  We're going down the local 4 lane US Highway, she had gotten her drivers license within the last few months.

State Trooper is coming from the other direction, he turns around and comes up right behind her.  She starts crying.  I tell her to pull over, trooper comes over, she goes back to his car with him, still crying.

About 5-10 minutes later, she comes back still crying.  He let her go with a warning.

LC
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This^^^^^^may be the stupid post of the day. Quit repeating the dumb shit that gets posted in GD.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I love getting pulled over. Utah cops are hot
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yep.

Also, well handled, OP.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

PD's need money.  This is how they make a little extra while justifying their existence.

More bullshit...

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#34]
I had one of those once, but the asshole gave me a ticket.  I was like because even though I was only 7 over I had people passing me like I was sitting still. suppose if I had been one of those nerds in a sports car I wouldn't have been pulled over.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct,the Trooper never mentioned the tint.There could be a whole lot of reasons he didn't.When I stop a car, I usually only mention the infraction I stopped the car for. For instance,if I stopped you for speeding,tint,no front plate etc, I would probably only mention the most major infraction(speeding),unless the driver"talked" their way into the other tickets.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct,the Trooper never mentioned the tint.There could be a whole lot of reasons he didn't.When I stop a car, I usually only mention the infraction I stopped the car for. For instance,if I stopped you for speeding,tint,no front plate etc, I would probably only mention the most major infraction(speeding),unless the driver"talked" their way into the other tickets.
Not me. I usually give them the ol' good news, bad news.

Bad news is, I'm writing you a ticket for blowing through that stop sign. You didn't even attempt to stop, and you could have easily caused an accident.

Good news is, I'm not citing you for your inspection being lapsed, your address being wrong on your DL, and no front license plate.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Trim the quote trees guys.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#38]
i work 2nd shift and get pulled over almost once a month for "weaving" or what not.

no tickets they just want to get a drunk as its 1am or so.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#39]
I feel like if you are seen by a pro gun cop and have your CCW associated with your license, they either like to avoid conflict with you OR they just have more of a bias towards you and consider you a good person as you are a registered CCW holder and most are responsible people.

I was driving up north to visit my parents for the weekend and was going with the flow of traffic.  I don't remember how much over I was going but I was following another car in the left lane.  The other car was some kid in his 20's and it was a blue pontiac with rust spots all over it.  Trooper pulled out behind me and was clearly running my plates before hitting his lights (could see him in my mirror).  I did have a "United States Air Force" sticker on that car but I feel it was when my CCW popped up on his computer and my clean record, that he zipped around me and pulled the Pontiac over.

I was going over (within 10mph) and would have deserved my ticket.  But he decided to no longer pursue me and took the other guy.  Lucky day for me.  My buddy who is Security Forces in the AF said it was likely my CCW as it pops up red on their computers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i work 2nd shift and get pulled over almost once a month for "weaving" or what not.

no tickets they just want to get a drunk as its 1am or so.

I got called into the 1-800 DUI hot line, once.  I worked at a Chipotle in high school and had closed for the evening.  It was about 11pm on a Saturday (we closed at 10 and it took an hour or so to clean up for the night) and I was headed home.  I had my clock out receipt and my shirt/hat.  I noticed this car was following me, all the way into my neighborhood and took each turn I took.  I decided to not turn down my street and went to the next street over, then pulled to the side because I didn't know why this guy was following me.  It was some old white guy with glasses and he creeped passed me and stared me down through the window.  He went up 3 houses and turned around in a driveway.  As he did that and began coming back at me, I took off and drove in a big circle to get back to my street.

My parent's house is in the circle of a cul-de-sac and as I was halfway down the street, a car pulls down and I said, "Damnit! Who is this guy?  What the hell does he want?"  It turned out to be a cop; hit his lights just 3 houses away from my driveway.  He was pretty cool but did grill me, and told me I was called into the DUI hot line for weaving.  It had to have been when I was taking off my chipotle shirt because I had gotten bleach all over it at work, it smelled like grease and BO, and it was summer and I had a tank top on underneath.  I showed the cop my shirt/hat sittin in the passenger seat and said I had my clock out slip showing that I just got off.  He ran my license and let me back on my way.  He did ask why I had pulled over and turned off my lights.  I have NO idea why I lied to him.  I pulled over in front of a girl's house in my neighborhood that I knew and I used her as an excuse.  I said I was stopping by but she didn't answer so I was heading home.  I felt like if I told him I did it to dodge this weirdo following me, it would make me look like I was hiding something.  I was 17 in high school and didn't know any better.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I feel like if you are seen by a pro gun cop and have your CCW associated with your license, they either like to avoid conflict with you OR they just have more of a bias towards you and consider you a good person as you are a registered CCW holder and most are responsible people.

I was driving up north to visit my parents for the weekend and was going with the flow of traffic.  I don't remember how much over I was going but I was following another car in the left lane.  The other car was some kid in his 20's and it was a blue pontiac with rust spots all over it.  Trooper pulled out behind me and was clearly running my plates before hitting his lights (could see him in my mirror).  I did have a "United States Air Force" sticker on that car but I feel it was when my CCW popped up on his computer and my clean record, that he zipped around me and pulled the Pontiac over.

I was going over (within 10mph) and would have deserved my ticket.  But he decided to no longer pursue me and took the other guy.  Lucky day for me.  My buddy who is Security Forces in the AF said it was likely my CCW as it pops up red on their computers.

It would be interesting if your driving record was somehow linked to your LP. Even more so if your CCW license was.

Can any OH SMEs verify this?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
For six over?  Must have been one bored cop.

Maryland State Police have said that they'll ticket for 6 over now. So that tosses the "it's for your safety" argument right out the window.

I make good use of the cruise control when I go up to see Dad now. I-70 between Hagerstown and the PA line would get me otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The investigation was facilitated due to the traffic infraction.  It's actually possible to make an arrest on a number of charges (warrants, narcotics, dead hooker in trunk) based on stops similar to what you are throwing a child like tantrum over.  The "Go eat a dick" thing was pretty classy as well, you are a true wordsmith.

So I'm supposed to be OK with being pulled over for a de minimis and harmless traffic violation because it allows the King to make sure I don't have a dead hooker in my trunk or I'm not a wanted felon?

I know what the courts say, but that's a pretty classless thing to do, too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#44]
While driving a Texas Parks and Wildlife truck I got pulled over for going 3mph over the speed limit on the interstate which is pretty close to the margin of error on a factory speedo. I showed up to fight it and the judge helped me out. The judge pointed out that he was pretty sure the officer who had ticketed me thought I was a game warden because he had recently been busted for hunting dove over a baited field and the judge knew it. He went on with some other stuff while someone in the office looked it up. Came back about 30 minutes later and dismissed it.

I guess the guy got a ticket from a game warden and was pissed so he took it out on me, guy couldn't read the difference on the door between enforcement and biologist divisions apparently.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I'm supposed to be OK with being pulled over for a de minimis and harmless traffic violation because it allows the King to make sure I don't have a dead hooker in my trunk or I'm not a wanted felon?

Investigating minor crimes is a common way to discover major crimes, and arrest major criminals.

I guess we shouldn't do welfare checks either?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I had a trooper get me once for 72 in a 55 zone. I looked him in the eye and asked if there was anything he could do for me because I could not afford to pay it, so he wrote it down as 65MPH and the fine was relatively low. That was a long time ago - I am sure we still have some laid back troopers but they a few and far between now. I am glad the OP got lucky and did not get a cavity search.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Investigating minor crimes is a common way to discover major crimes, and arrest major criminals.

I guess we shouldn't do welfare checks either?

I don't know when or why "law enforcement" evolved into "make sure the guy nobody has seen in a while isn't rotting in his living room," but it sure seems like a good pretext to get into someone's otherwise off-limits house and have a looksee around.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because its a bullshit law doesn't make it wrong either.  Funny how all the LEO cars around here can have 20% tint, but us mere mortals are restricted to 30%
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Your dog was left at home?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top