BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

humanitarian2112-

Changing a silly avatar has nothing to do with self respect. You may be taking this website a little too seriously. My question still stands.
View Quote

That's the spirit!  Don't change the avatar or the sig-line and especially not the flag.  

Stand strong!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, what a silly avatar indeed.  Suckle that Fsa bosom!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
20 + year GM dealer employee here. I say Uncle Sugar has spent a hell of a lot more on a hell of a lot worse. Sorry.
View Quote

I will never buy a GM product ever again.  No great loss.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What difference does it make?

I don't even give a fuck anymore. GM still makes the best hot rods, suv's and diesel trucks.

It is what it is...
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

20 + year GM dealer employee here. I say Uncle Sugar has spent a hell of a lot more on a hell of a lot worse. Sorry.
View Quote

Well, we all know how great government made cars are:

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck GM made cars, now and for ever
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You asked, "Exactly what the fuck should I have done?"

I replied, "Had some self respect?"

You replied, "Not a chance."

What did I miss?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Changing a silly avatar has nothing to do with self respect. You may be taking this website a little too seriously. My question still stands.

What did I miss?

Got it.

So if I had an avatar with a fluffy cute bunny, all would be OK.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Got it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I miss?

Got it.

Nah. The crab actually works.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What diferance does it make?

I don't even give a fuck anymore. GM still makes the best hot rods, suv's and diesel trucks.

It is what it is...
View Quote

lulz at this entire post.

Especially diferance
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One of the many reasons i will never  guy a GM again.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-09/treasury-out-gm-105-billion-loss-claims-768-roi

WASHINGTON – As the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) continues to wind down, the U.S. Department of the Treasury today announced that it has sold all of the remaining shares of General Motors (GM) common stock.

“The President’s leadership in responding to the financial crisis helped stabilize the auto industry, and prevent another Great Depression. With the final sale of GM stock, this important chapter in our nation’s history is now closed,” said Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew.    “The President understood that inaction could have cost the broader economy more than one million jobs, billions in lost personal savings, and significantly reduced economic production. As a result of his efforts, which built on those of the previous Administration, more than 370,000 new auto jobs have been created, and all three U.S. automakers are profitable, competitive, and growing.”

Treasury has recouped a total of $39 billion from the original GM investment.  To date, Treasury has recovered a total of $432.7 billion on all TARP investments - including the sale of Treasury’s shares in AIG - compared to $421.8 billion disbursed. Treasury will continue to wind down the remaining investments in a manner that balances maximizing the taxpayer’s return on investments with the speed of our exit.
View Quote

Meh. What's that like 1/2 day of the ever continuous printing press
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, its a Somalian porklord.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#13]
GM never again. Might as well call it Democrat Motors.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Especially diferance
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What diferance does it make?

It is what it is...

Especially diferance

LOL! I posted from my iPhone while on the elliptical at the gym.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Even as a big Chevy guy.....They should have just been left to go through bankruptcy, without a bailout

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Who is gloating?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This here is exactly what is wrong with this country. Everyone's okay with anything that goes on as long as it benefits them.  

"Fuck you it's good for me.  Sorry."

Exactly what the fuck should I have done?

For starters recognize what was wrong with it, and try not to gloat.

Who is gloating?

To be fair, you were.  It's pitiful and shortsighted.    There was a time when people cared about the future of our Nation.  

Now, patriotism has been replaced with "fuck you, I got Mine".      I'm not singling you out personally.  You did that to yourself.      The malaise is all around us.    
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I miss?

Got it.

Crabs in a pot.  Perfectly fitting.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#20]
BHO save all of those union jobs at GM & Chrysler, that has got to be worth something.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sickening to see the fraud foisted upon taxpayers, who are largely unaware of what happened unless they were bond holders
View Quote

The big problem is that the taxpayers really can't do much, so why bother. That is the reason why the average taxpayer Joe or Joesphine knows more about baseball, basketball, and football than what is going on in the governemtn.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#22]
There certainly is huge difference between govt accounting and regular business accounting.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Personally, I'm more pissed off about the feds arbitrarily stiffing the creditors.  That was really our first big step down the path to banana-republic bullshit after Dumbass took office.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:34:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bet he's the perfect picture of a neolibertarian.

Pro-gay marriage.  Pro-abortion.  Pro-drug legalization.  Atheist.

The four major tenets of the neolibertarian faith.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:42:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BHO save all of those union jobs at GM & Chrysler, that has got to be worth something.
View Quote

It saved a business model that failed.

It will fail again.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:54:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
GM never again. Might as well call it Democrat Motors.
View Quote

I drove a Tahoe for 8 years.  An F150 for 9 years before that.

I finally became so embarrassed to be driving a union made vehicle, I decided to break down and buy a new car.  Not a step I take lightly.

I now drive a Toyota.  I really would have liked to have gotten another Tahoe, but, you know...  fuck unions & fuck obama.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:13:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

And this is the attitude that means US government spending will never come back to manageable levels. There are too many sacred cows.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:18:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I describe as the "Government Cheese Deathmask of the Republic."

My government cheese is absolutely essential for constitutional order. Its your government cheese that is the problem.

So, instead of doing any real reform, we'll all just hold hands and jump into the fiscal abyss, vs. not having that creamy warm goodness in our gullet.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#29]
And if this is ACTUALLY true, why would we have expected any other outcome? Typically we (Gov.) fund's FAILED situations and we get the exact same results from it in the end, FAILED!
That is just the way it works now.

When we grew up you only had a couple of choices, when you were looking to buy something, to choose from. When a company made an item it felt good about, they sold it, made improvements based off of customer feedback, obsoleted the previous item in place of the "new and better" version of that item and so on...
It was built with pride and quality!

Not now. Now we have one product made with 45 versions of that one product. It will vary from the 1st=ok quality to the 45th=great quality item, with everything (imaginable and non imaginable) in between. We sell the original crap quality item but add other lines of "Upgraded" crap items at an additional cost. Shit warranty and even shittier quality. Same item but with 45 variants. Now the public has become dependent upon that 1 item, with 45 variants, to the point of when the company has put all other competitors out of business (and now all they produce are shit quality items) the gov feels the need save the turd instead of flushing the bowl!

Its the same with EVERYTHING made today. Be it all automotive manufacturers and all consumable goods. Now buying quality is non existent. All we do is fund a company based on how much we love a color or feature or whatever salesperson can bullshit someone into buying because of "I tell you what, I'm not supposed to do this but I will throw in the upgraded car mats and take another $500.00 off the price (on a product that has already been marked up 200-500% prior) but don't tell my manager" instead of funding a company based off of quality and durability.

So the Gov throws money into it and watches it "Sound investment" go to shit!

Like I said, why would anyone even think the outcome would have been any different. And yes "SIZE DOES MATTER"! The bigger you are, the bigger you fuck.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

My government cheese is absolutely essential for constitutional order. Its your government cheese that is the problem.

So, instead of doing any real reform, we'll all just hold hands and jump into the fiscal abyss, vs. not having that creamy warm goodness in our gullet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I paid into the system! They have my money and I'm going to get it back! They can't take my social security!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
whatever, you won't see me drive one  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
whatever, you won't see me drive one  

That's okay I just bought two of them to make up for it
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:04:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
if I ever get a truck, it's going to be a Nissan Titan
View Quote

The Emperor thanks you American peasant!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I couldn't have invented a better example of why we are in the situation we're in, and why there is no solution other than fiscal collapse.

Moral relativity as justification for any behavior, no matter how damaging.

Enjoy your GM dealership job while it lasts, buddy, because it won't be around forever.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I disagree. I know 30 + people personally (immediate family) who won't be providing money for GM. I ridicule anyone who drives a GM publicly and loudly. GM is is a joke. Your dealership, well, that makes them a joke, too. The .gov and GM stole from shareholders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. I know 30 + people personally (immediate family) who won't be providing money for GM. I ridicule anyone who drives a GM publicly and loudly. GM is is a joke. Your dealership, well, that makes them a joke, too. The .gov and GM stole from shareholders.

GM's probably missing out on 30 low end Caviler sales I'm sure. I dare someone to ridicule me "publicly and loudly" for what I choose to drive. They better have a damn good dental plan.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What difference does it make?

It is what it is...
View Quote

Bondage
Spiritual Faith
Courage
Liberty
Abundance
Selfishness
Complacency

Apathy
Dependence
Then starting over with Bondage

At least you know where you are in the cycle.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Enjoy your Chevys and GMCs fuckers. You're welcome.
Yours truly
Ford owners
View Quote

Strange I don't see your name listed on the contracts for the 100K+ worth of vehicles I just bought from GM. Congratulations on the ford bailout that was done in the back room and is largely unknown to the ignorant masses.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Personally, I'm more pissed off about the feds arbitrarily stiffing the creditors.  That was really our first big step down the path to banana-republic bullshit after Dumbass took office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone gets it.

Most people have no clue how this stuff works, and won't understand when the consequences affect them.  Which will be just another opportunity for the progressives to push us further over the cliff.

The standard of living in America is already on the decline, and that trend will accelerate.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Count that with the hundreds of billions given to the New York City bankers.
View Quote

Yep yet I don't see all of the whiners closing their bank accounts.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

ETA. I'm in the group that will never buy another GM product too. To me this was never a bailout of GM, it was more of a bailout of the UAW Employees that work for GM. Saving their jobs so the UAW could maintain it's power and continue donating to the Democratic Party. This whole debacle is disgusting.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:14:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet more moral relativity.

So any behavior is okay as long as someone else does it and gets away with it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:15:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Can someone give a 'cliff's notes' version of the GM Bailout?

My understanding (correct if wrong...$$ questions in red):

GM in trouble...gets Government loans to stay solvent.     (How Much)?

GM still can't make it.    Declares Bankruptcy.  

Government Steps In.    Gets Stocks....(how many, how much money)?

Bankruptcy laws aren't followed....Unions get paid first (instead of last)  

Shareholders get screwed (how much lost to shareholders)?    

GM 'comes back'...but most is account shuffling rather than turning a profit.

Government sells stock for a loss...but claims 'we made money because if we didn't do this, we'd have lost lots more in tax income, so we really turned a profit'.

And, finally....is GM actually 'solvent' again, or is it just marketing/account shuffling?

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can someone give a 'cliff's notes' version of the GM Bailout?

My understanding (correct if wrong...$$ questions in red):

GM in trouble...gets Government loans to stay solvent.     (How Much)?

GM still can't make it.    Declares Bankruptcy.  

Government Steps In.    Gets Stocks....(how many, how much money)?

Bankruptcy laws aren't followed....Unions get paid first (instead of last)  

Shareholders get screwed (how much lost to shareholders)?    

GM 'comes back'...but most is account shuffling rather than turning a profit.

Government sells stock for a loss...but claims 'we made money because if we didn't do this, we'd have lost lots more in tax income, so we really turned a profit'.

And, finally....is GM actually 'solvent' again, or is it just marketing/account shuffling?

View Quote

I'd like to see the Cliff Notes too. I've read it all before but can't remember all the details of how the "deal" went down and the funny math involved.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:19:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Very patriotic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very patriotic.

Semper I, FTW!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I drive what i want to drive and freely tell anyone who disagrees with my choice on where to spend MY money to fuck off. I enjoy watching all the thick headed hypocrites who drive fords cause daddy drove a ford trip over themselves in these threads. Ford hasn't paid back their loan. You should read more.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
People here will keep lining up to buy shit from them, and when the UAW once again helps to get another democrat elected they will be the first on here with the FBHO rhetoric.

Also don't forget the billions of dollars worth of stock gifted to the UAW.

Just imagine if when all this shit went down Americans refused to continue to patronize these companies, imagine what kind of message that would have sent and where we'd be today.  

View Quote

+1

I'm was born and raised GM.  Parents and grandparents ran a Olds and Chevy dealership for 50 or more years.  I will never buy a new GM product.  Currently have a Ford and Honda in the Garage.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:24:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wish we could organize an effective way to shut off the tax payer spigot to the federal government until economic lunacy and dumbassary is abolished.  But unfortunately total economic meltdown is about the only way it'll ever happen
View Quote

[URL=[/URL]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

No really. GM is about on the same level as welfare after spending all that money and taking a big loss on investment.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There certainly is huge difference between govt accounting and regular business accounting.
View Quote

If you cannot grasp 2+2=5 Winston,perhaps some time in room 101 will enlighten you.

I'm certain the governments math is much better with Obamacare........
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

GM's probably missing out on 30 low end Caviler sales I'm sure. I dare someone to ridicule me "publicly and loudly" for what I choose to drive. They better have a damn good dental plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come to georgia and be around me. The ridicule will be there. The clown face you put in your previous post is appropriate.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top