User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

took four years. They settled for an amount that White is not allowed to disclose, but he will not contest that it was a low number, hardly six figures.

After all that I wouldn't have settled for so little.

Doubtless he was facing a loss at trial, sub 100K offer is about what it would cost to defend and win the case he brought against the companies.  Then he's facing paying THEIR costs.

He settled because his case BLEW.    

Trapped for 2 days in an elevator with a video monitor with no answer to alarms or calls for help... And he's got a bad case?

If I were on the jury I'd award him the 25 million.  And I'd fight the rest of the jury for him.  We need to punish the private business that fucked up so badly that every other private business is scared shitless of leaving someone else trapped.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
After the first 24hrs, I would have begun to wonder what the fuck happend to everybody on the outside world.

ETA: I know it was a Fri night but that's a looooong time!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have panic/anxiety issues with elevators not opening a few seconds after they should.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Watched the video and kinda felt sorry for the guy. He did deserve compensation, no doubts there.

Always remember to keep your cell phone on you!

If you're trapped in an elevator with a pretty Polish cleaning lady, pretend you don't have a phone.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top