Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:43:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think there are some very valid points made by Wart, & to ignore them is foolish.

You think wrong.  First of all, the troll didn't bring them up, he cut and pasted them from a liberal website.  Second, none of them are valid and none are worth addressing yet again.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Come on, guys.  I think these people have a point.  We have WAY too many tall buildings that are eye-sores.

I do have one question if any of these tolerant, peace-loving individuals are still around.  Why do you have more sympathy for terrorist than their victims?  Such as all the ones killed on 9/11?  Or, the hundreds of thousands of women and children that we continue to uncover in mass graves?

Why do you continue to support a candidate that is a tratior to this Country?  Who has more money than you can write zero's for (but he's just an average joe, right?)  Then there's that little pesky fact about all the outsourced company's his wife controls as they spout off about keeping jobs in America.

WHAT DID IRAQ HAVE TO DO WITH 9/11? Even Bush has publicly stated that there's no link there. Have you heard me say one word about the invasion of Afghanistan? NO-because that WAS the right thing to do. It's where the badguys live. The 9/11 propaganda in support of a war in Iraq is tired and disingenuous, and I'd be ashamed to falsely use the deaths of those people to support an UNRELATED war.

But that's just me, I guess.

You, sir, are quite mistaken.  The only propaganda is what has been espoused by liberals that are trying to make you believe ole Saddam was a peace loving individual who just wanted to be left alone.  Open your eyes.  There has been a plethora of evidence that links Saddam with terrorism around the world.  Are you so naive to think that we should pack up and all will be well in Wonderland?

Don't take my word for it.  Do your research, and as someone else mentioned, try talking to a few vets (which you are now).  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
These people only understand violence. We need to start hitting there supporters hard and taking every safe house. Every terrorist we kill is then wrapped in Pig Guts. Time to take a page from Blackjacks play book.

Quoted:
oh and uh ps-

that little war in the philipenes? In the 1800's? yeah, there was this guy named Gen. "Blackjack" Pershing, and umm...yeahhh. He stopped the Islamic guerillas FUCKING COLD! Theres also many more examples of it happening throughout history, even right here in this country.

Wanna play cowboys and liberals?

But you most likely don't know about that, seeing as how comunist historians like yourself believe the world was dark and cold before Lenin came along.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When I served, I believed that I was doing it to protect the right to protest and dissent.

What a load of hackneyed Leftist bullshit.

You were serving to "protect the right to protest and dissent"?
That's you reason to serve?

I say bullshit.
That's just a talking point drummed up by those who feel guilty about their conduct at protests.

You find yourself OVERSTATING your opposition to the war, because your reasons are more about politics, than you care to admit.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't feed them !!

This guy just posts his drivel and runs, and replying to his threads is purely a waste of your time and the site's bandwidth - since he probably never even bothers to read the responses.

+1

We all know that wart is a troll. I can think of at least 4 threads where he/she/it has done this exact thing.
Post a bunch of liberal BS and run away before reason and logic can debate the supposed "facts."
As for me, I won't bother wasting my time reading them anymore.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I served, I believed that I was doing it to protect the right to protest and dissent.

I say bullshit.
That's just a talking point drummed up by those who feel guilty about their conduct at protests.

You find yourself OVERSTATING your opposition to the war, because your reasons are more about politics, than you care to admit.

"To support and defend the Constitution of the United States...."

Doesn't the First Amendment guarantee the right to protest, to "peaceably petition the government for a redress of grievances"? It's PART of the Constitution, and IMO, a true patriot might DISAGREE, but he wouldn't accuse someone of being "un-American" or a "commie" because of it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]

SINCE I'M A VETERAN, CAN I JUST ASK MYSELF?I don't give a shit, b/c I don't believe you.

You don't have a monopoly on service, and the fact that you wear a uniform doesn't make you right. When I served, I believed that I was doing it to protect the right to protest and dissent. Looks like quite a bit has changed. You might want to re-read that oath you took, superhero.

I know what oath I took, you poser.
I defend your right to say what ever you what...Its your CHARACTER  I find rancid.

Defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foriegn and domestic...
so where do you live? I got time off in Dec. Bitch.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Trolling
Trolling
Trolling

Keep that bullshit rolling

TROLL WIDE!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WHAT DID IRAQ HAVE TO DO WITH 9/11?

It had to do with preventing more 9-11s.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:56:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

SINCE I'M A VETERAN, CAN I JUST ASK MYSELF?I don't give a shit, b/c I don't believe you.

You don't have a monopoly on service, and the fact that you wear a uniform doesn't make you right. When I served, I believed that I was doing it to protect the right to protest and dissent. Looks like quite a bit has changed. You might want to re-read that oath you took, superhero.

I know what oath I took, you poser.
I defend your right to say what ever you what...Its your CHARACTER  I find rancid.

Defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foriegn and domestic...
so where do you live? I got time off in Dec. Bitch.

Yeah-how dare I disagree with you. Are you going to come beat me up? I'll meet you behind the gym, between the monkey bars and the slide after lunch.

Aren't you a little embarassed? Evan a little? I'm embarassed FOR you-does that count?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and we're finding out more and more about the terrible destructive power of the Iraqis now, aren't we? Have we found ANY of the items we've gone to war to destroy? Have we made MORE insurgents through the occupation of an Arab nation?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree 95%!  That's why I think the USA should make Iraq, Afganistan, and any other country that fucks with us into Colonies.  The hell with giving them indepandance!  We can colonize them and they would still have more freedom then before!

And we get their oil.

A win-win situation.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd be ashamed to falsely use the deaths of those people to support an UNRELATED war.

"Ashamed"?

Please.

You wouldn't be ashamed to do anything, so long as it fiurthered your anti-Bush agenda.

You ignore facts, cherry pick others.
You gleefully receive talking points that you know are distortions of the truth, and you dutifully pass them along.  You do this, because you know that your fellow travellers are either on the same sheet of music, or just plain ignorant and therefore maleable.
"Shame"?

Please.

No one here has ever claimed that Iraq was responsible for 911.  But if anyone mentions the two in the same sentence, you make that claim.
Does 911 justify Iraq?
You're damned right it does.
911 showed us how vulnerable we are to a devasting attack on oue economic infrastructure.
The sactions against Iraq were withering away.  Within a year they would have been gone.
Remember how all of your Leftist cronies used to mewl and complain, that the sanctions were killing Iraqi children, and must be removed?
Remember that?
Then they switch to "the sanctions would have worked!".
Lies.

How dare you speak of "shame".
You don't even know what that means.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Yeah-how dare I disagree with you. Are you going to come beat me up? I'll meet you behind the gym, between the monkey bars and the slide after lunch.

Aren't you a little embarassed? Evan a little? I'm embarassed FOR you-does that count?

wow. you remind me of the kid that says somthing about someones mother, and then pulls the "let's all be adult" card.

Yeah, you can disagree with me, but when i disagree back you cry fowl.

And with all the shit they're talking over at YOUR site, (ya know DU?) about arming and taking down the military and the government, and this and that because YOUR SPOILED ASS LIBERAL CANIDATE IS SEEN FOR WHAT HE IS, I consider all left wing commie fucks an ENEMY: TYPE A MOD1, DOMESTIC.

And no I don't want to beat you up. You're not worth the kiwi on the bottom of my boots, unless I was stepping over you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I am going to assume that GWB and his trained monkeys have a brain cell between them in this reply.

1.The hammer fell on Afghan and the govt discovered that the mooslim problem was a little bigger than they admitted----see crusades for other examples.
2. A decision that at any cost, the next deaths needed to be someone else's citizens.
3. Where is the problem coming from? Let's start shipping bullets and bodies to Iraq.
4. You forget the purpose of war...break things and kill people until the enemy stops.
5. People like Kerry with no idea of what war is about start running their mouths and start talking about the poor smericans killed in Iraq.
6. People like kerry forgetting that in our time in Iraq we have saved more people than we have lost.
7. "Quagmire" DU idiots term for a presidential blunder that is becoming a honey trap for bad people. Good Work Rummy!!!
8. I would rather have people shooting over there than here.
9. If people like DU would stop all their crap and just let the US armed forces KILL PEOPLE, then we would have less problems in the area.
10. Radical mooslim people are learning that the US doesn't always take it up the ass....thanks to the shrub.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd be ashamed to falsely use the deaths of those people to support an UNRELATED war.

"Ashamed"?

Please.

You wouldn't be ashamed to do anything, so long as it fiurthered your anti-Bush agenda.

You ignore facts, cherry pick others.
You gleefully receive talking points that you know are distortions of the truth, and you dutifully pass them along.  You do this, because you know that your fellow travellers are either on the same sheet of music, or just plain ignorant and therefore maleable.
"Shame"?

Please.

No one here has ever claimed that Iraq was responsible for 911.  But if anyone mentions the two in the same sentence, you make that claim.
Does 911 justify Iraq?
911 showed us how vulnerable we are to a devasting attack on oue economic infrastructure.
The sactions against Iraq were withering away.  Within a year they would have been gone.
Remember how all of your Leftist cronies used to mewl and complain, that the sanctions were killing Iraqi children, and must be removed?
Remember that?
Then they switch to "the sanctions would have worked!".
Lies.

How dare you speak of "shame".
You don't even know what that means.

I agree-the sanctions might have been eliminated-but the 9/11 happened. For the record, I don't have any leftist cronies. If the Libertarians would run a decent candidate, that's who I'd vote for. And, again, for the record, I'm all for attacking the bastards who attacked us. What I'm not for is building an Arab "coalition of the willing" through the invasion of an unrelated Arab nation. I'm not for a drawn-out conflict with no clear goals and no exit strategy (have you read Popwell's autobiography? It's pretty clear why HE was opposed). I'm not for my country appearing to be an imperialistic tyrrany-even if we all know that's not how Americans feel. I'm not for "fear-biting" random nations in the hope of avioding another 9/11.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Guys, don't feed the Trolls
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

wow. you remind me of the kid that says somthing about someones mother, and then pulls the "let's all be adult" card.

And with all the shit they're talking over at YOUR site, (ya know DU?) about arming and taking down the military and the government, and this and that because YOUR SPOILED ASS LIBERAL CANIDATE IS SEEN FOR WHAT HE IS, I consider all left wing commie fucks an ENEMY: TYPE A MOD1, DOMESTIC.

And no I don't want to beat you up. You're not worth the kiwi on the bottom of my boots, unless I was stepping over you.

You left out the part where you ask where I live and offer the use of some of your "free time" in December. Convenient. That's not political discourse, it's an empty threat over the computer, cham. And if that's really how you feel, don't back away from it-own it!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say bullshit.

Doesn't the First Amendment guarantee the right to protest, to "peaceably petition the government for a redress of grievances"? It's PART of the Constitution, and IMO, a true patriot might DISAGREE, but he wouldn't accuse someone of being "un-American" or a "commie" because of it.

Who called you Un-american?
That tired old canard, of "oooh they're calling me Un-American!"....
Just stop it.

Here's a newsflash for you:

I a person puts political victory above the best interests of the Country, the troops, and victory..... YES, they are UN American, Un Patriotic, and despicable.
The reason why you Leftists (and bitter Libertarians)are so touchy about the UnPatriotic/UnAmerican charge, is because you know that it rings a little true.
As much as you attept to cloak your "dissent" in the flag, you realize that your dissent is mostly based on hatred for Bush, anger over 2000, and many other things.
You HOPE and pray that things go poorly in Iraq, because you think that will ensure a Bush defeat.
You feel guilty, because you know that your hoping for military failure, and therefore deaths.

THAT is why you are so defensive.

You'll deny it, but you know damned well it's true.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I agree-the sanctions might have been eliminated-but the 9/11 happened. For the record, I don't have any leftist cronies.

That's one of the problems with being a "useful idiot" for the Left.
You have Leftist cronies, you just don't realize it.

If the Libertarians would run a decent candidate, that's who I'd vote for. And, again, for the record, I'm all for attacking the bastards who attacked us. What I'm not for is building an Arab "coalition of the willing" through the invasion of an unrelated Arab nation. I'm not for a drawn-out conflict with no clear goals and no exit strategy (have you read Popwell's autobiography? It's pretty clear why HE was opposed). I'm not for my country appearing to be an imperialistic tyrrany-even if we all know that's not how Americans feel. I'm not for "fear-biting" random nations in the hope of avioding another 9/11.

Libertarians who support the Libertarian Platform are more a threat to the freedom of this nation that Card Carrying Communists.

That Platform would mean our death.
Those who don't realize this are simply ignorant.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Guys, he's right. Afganistan has failed. Iraq has failed. The economy is in the toilet. The borders are completely open. George Bush is a power mad dictator.

I think I will just go shoot myself....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#22]
What unrelated Arab country?

As for the exit strategy, this has me perplexed, as well.  As far as, why are people saying there is no exit strategy?  Hell, it seems pretty clear to me, but I'm just a dumb grunt.  

1)  Invade said country in need of ass-kicking to free its oppressed population and stop mass killings.

2)  Continue fierce fighting until all enemy is dead.

3)  Train indigenous troops, police officers and rebuild infrastructure.

4)  Create alliance with new government and help bring them out of the dark ages.

5)  Hand shakes all around, board ships, planes and head for the SNCO club.

Hell, that's more of a plan than Kerry has!  Maybe I should run for President as I'm sure no one else has thought of this.  BTW - I'm sorry if the total time to accomplish this mission doesn't fit into your time-slot.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say bullshit.

Who called you Un-american?
That tired old canard, of "oooh they're calling me Un-American!"....
Just stop it.

Here's a newsflash for you:

I a person puts political victory above the best interests of the Country, the troops, and victory..... YES, they are UN American, Un Patriotic, and despicable.
The reason why you Leftists are so touchy about the UnPatriotic/UnAmerican charge, is because you know that it rings a little true.
As much as you attept to cloak your "dissent" in the flag, you realize that your dissent is mostly based on hatred for Bush, anger over 2000, and many other things.
You HOPE and pray that things go poorly in Iraq, because you think that will ensure a Bush defeat.
You feel guilty, because you know that your hoping for military failure, and therefore deaths.

THAT is why you are so defensive.

You'll deny it, but you know damned well it's true.

I hope and pray that things will go badly in Iraq, do I?  Did you ever think that the war might shape a person's politics? I wasan't up in arms when Gore lost-that's the way our system works. True, I thought he could have done a better job, but it's not as if we had just elected Satan. I find some of the business connections of the Bush administration a bit fishy-but he's a politician. That'll happen., just as it did in the Clinton administration. When 9/11 happened, my opinion changed. After having seen GW at Ground Zero, I was all for him! It was obvious that he was truly moved by what he saw there-not in an abstract sense, but like the rest of us, he was PISSED! Then came Afghanistan, and my first trip to an Army recruiter to see if I could get my eyesight waived (partial field blindness-progressive). But after the invasion of Iraq, I couldn't in good conscience support him. He let his handlers lead him and the nation off on a tangent, and I WILL NOT support a man who takes the nation to war in that manner.

And as far as the "how dare you's"-how dare you, Sir, imply that I would like to see my comrades mangled-for any political end. That's pretty fucking low, indeed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#24]

...Does 911 justify Iraq?
The sactions against Iraq were withering away. Within a year they would have been gone.
Remember that?
Then they switch to "the sanctions would have worked!"....

This very thought has been lurking in my subconscious for months, waiting  to bust loose.  I am so glad you verbalized it for me!
Ya reckon there are any more GLARING inconsistencies?
Whadda ya think? MMMM?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What unrelated Arab country?

As for the exit strategy, this has me perplexed, as well.  As far as, why are people saying there is no exit strategy?  Hell, it seems pretty clear to me, but I'm just a dumb grunt.  

1)  Invade said country in need of ass-kicking to free its oppressed population and stop mass killings.

2)  Continue fierce fighting until all enemy is dead.

3)  Train indigenous troops, police officers and rebuild infrastructure.

4)  Create alliance with new government and help bring them out of the dark ages.

5)  Hand shakes all around, board ships, planes and head for the SNCO club.

Hell, that's more of a plan than Kerry has!  Maybe I should run for President as I'm sure no one else has thought of this.  BTW - I'm sorry if the total time to accomplish this mission doesn't fit into your time-slot.

Makes sense to me.

But then I'm just a DAT
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Give it up, gentlemen, for the Liberals have seen the writing on the wall and are beginning to freak out.

Do they sound like a group of people who are CONFIDENT that their candidate will win, or do they sound like a bunch of children who didn't get any ice cream after dinner?

Obviously the latter; an answer which speaks volumes, IMO....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I agree-the sanctions might have been eliminated-but the 9/11 happened. For the record, I don't have any leftist cronies. If the Libertarians would run a decent candidate, that's who I'd vote for. And, again, for the record, I'm all for attacking the bastards who attacked us. What I'm not for is building an Arab "coalition of the willing" through the invasion of an unrelated Arab nation. I'm not for a drawn-out conflict with no clear goals and no exit strategy (have you read Popwell's autobiography? It's pretty clear why HE was opposed). I'm not for my country appearing to be an imperialistic tyrrany-even if we all know that's not how Americans feel. I'm not for "fear-biting" random nations in the hope of avioding another 9/11.

Ugh.

Look. We were in a state of WAR with Iraq.

Iraq signed a TRUCE with the US in GWI. Then they proceeded to ignore that truce for YEARS. When you break the terms of a peace agreement, you are then back into a STATE OF WAR. There are DOZENS of UN Resolutions, and resolutions by the US Congress calling on Iraq to cooperate with the terms of the cease fire OR ELSE.

Iraq refused. We finally showed Sadaam what "Or Else" meant.

Exactly how long were we supposed to leave troops in the area to "enforce" the UN Resolutions and the cease fire without using any force? How many times could Sadaam kick out inspectors before it would rise to the level of requiring a forceful response? What peace agreements are we going to enforce, and which ones are we going to ignore? How long should the US have left troops in Iraq to NOT enforce the terms of Iraq's surrender?

When John  Kerry voted for the Iraq Liberation Act, which had many of the same conclusions as the resolution authorizing the Iraq war, was he being an emperialist? Was he being an imperialist when he voted for the joint resolution authorizing the use of force? Is he a "reformed" imperialist now?

The inconsistency of the left AND the UN on Iraq is ASTOUNDING. And yet the press does not point this out...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Can't we rethink our policy on showing DUh trolls more respect than they show people who dissent on their board...  How about a way to at least tag subject threads in yellow text so we know its a thread and can save ourselves the trouble of reading it.

Just put 'No Trolling' back in the CoC, and lock-on-contact

At least untill AFTER GW WINS next week, and the DU crowd is crying in their beer, unable to screw up this country with 4-8 more years of socialist bullshit & 'sensitive' foreign policy...

P.S. YHBT, HAND - DO NOT FEED THE #!!#%!% TROLLS!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#29]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You left out the part where you ask where I live and offer the use of some of your "free time" in December. Convenient. That's not political discourse, it's an empty threat over the computer, cham. And if that's really how you feel, don't back away from it-own it!

ok, so where do you live?
are you planning to incite civil unrest if the election is not in your favor?
do you associate with people who plan to?
have you, or anyone you know attempted to, or talked of, creating an explosive device?

I have to sleep for a while, i've been up about 36 hours. Answer the questions, and I'll see how you did.

If you score high enough, we'll discuss your future. If i can't make it to see you, I have some buddies who LOVE terrorist, and they really LOOOOVVVVEEEE the ones who try to hide among the citizens of the U.S.

And if you dont think that liberals are thought of that way in some parts of the military and law enforcement, then be a dumbass on Nov 3 and see who comes to see you.

Oh, and since i'm so unadult, let me say this again too: bitch.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vietnam was lost because of people like Kerry.

If Iraq is lost it will be be cause of people like Kerry!!!

Vietnam was lost because we were fighting an indigenous popular guerilla movement. The only way to win such a war is to kill everyone you can find who has ideological differences with the occupyuing nation. Are you advocating that we adopt strategies siminal to those of the former Soviet Union in Afghanistan? Not even they had the stomach to continue that type of war.

Read your history, libbie...

By the time we left Vietnam, the Viet Cong was COMBAT INNEFECTIVE! They were absolutely OBLITERATED in the 'Tet Offensive'...

Kaput, Dead, Destroyed...

GET IT?

We beat the 'popular guerilla movement' there, and were fighting NVA regular forces (a foreign invading army) up untill we pulled out with the RVN still in tact....

The RVN later fell not to 'popular guerillas' but to a CONVENTIONAL MILITARY INVASION from the North.

We lost Vietnam because the politicos didn't have the guts to win... Because we refused to blockade North Vietnam's shipping... Because we refused to bomb North Vietnamese political & military targets...

Get the picture?

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the insurgency in Iraq does not have popular support. They are a distinct minority that only operates in a few isolated areas... Most of Iraq would like nothing better than to see THEM beheaded....

These 'popular insurgents' you and all other liberals worship as the 'allways right' side of any conflict are in fact responsible for more Iraqi civillian deaths than the Coalition ever could be, are pretty well univerally hated by a majority of the population, and are fighting a loosing battle, just like the VC were... The only way we can lose is if we run away like we did in Vietnam...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok, so where do you live?
are you planning to incite civil unrest if the election is not in your favor?
do you associate with people who plan to?
have you, or anyone you know attempted to, or talked of, creating an explosive device?

I have to sleep for a while, i've been up about 36 hours. Answer the questions, and I'll see how you did.

If you score high enough, we'll discuss your future. If i can't make it to see you, I have some buddies who LOVE terrorist, and they really LOOOOVVVVEEEE the ones who try to hide among the citizens of the U.S.

And if you dont think that liberals are thought of that way in some parts of the military and law enforcement, then be a dumbass on Nov 3 and see who comes to see you.

Oh, and since i'm so unadult, let me say this again too: bitch.

Yeah, yeah-I hear you, troop. Bad news-my give-a-shitter is broken. Take the empty threats somewhere else, eh? BTW-how do YOU plan to respond if the election doesn't go your way? There are folks on both sides of the issue who no doubt intend to act like asses-let's not marginalize one another based on the worst possible behavior from either group.

unadult=immature. English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and we're finding out more and more about the terrible destructive power of the Iraqis now, aren't we? Have we found ANY of the items we've gone to war to destroy? Have we made MORE insurgents through the occupation of an Arab nation?

No, we haven't.  They were there already, now we have a place to kill them that isn't here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Read your history, libbie...

By the time we left Vietnam, the Viet Cong was COMBAT INNEFECTIVE!

Kaput, Dead, Destroyed...

GET IT?

We beat the 'popular guerilla movement' there, and were fighting NVA regular forces (a foreign invading army) up untill we pulled out with the RVN still in tact....

The RVN later fell not to 'popular guerillas' but to a CONVENTIONAL MILITARY INVASION from the North.

We lost Vietnam because the politicos didn't have the guts to win... Because we refused to blockade North Vietnam's shipping... Because we refused to bomb North Vietnamese political & military targets...

Get the picture?

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the insurgency in Iraq does not have popular support. They are a distinct minority that only operates in a few isolated areas... Most of Iraq would like nothing better than to see THEM beheaded....

Bingo. Tet in 68 was a HUGE MILITARY DISASTER for the VC. They came out of their holes and engaged the full might of the US military in Vietnam. And as a result, they got the living sh*t kicked out of them. The VC was no longer extant as a force.

But the US news guys managed to snatch DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY, painting all of it as a defeat DESPITE the fact that it was one of the most lopsided victories by the US in all of our history.

Sound familiar???
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Then came Afghanistan, and my first trip to an Army recruiter to see if I could get my eyesight waived (partial field blindness-progressive).

Wait a minute.
You said:

When I served, I believed that I was doing it to protect the right to protest and dissent

Did you serve or not?

Did you get that waiver?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

OK, now you are REALLY wrong.

Vietnam was 'lost' due to one specific issue. After the Nixon/Kissinger Paris Peace Accords, the only remaining issue for completion of these accords was a funding bill, through the US Congress, that was to ensure the South Vietnamese military the ability to hold the DMZ. Think a Vietnamese version of current North and South Koreas and you are close.

The US Congress had this bill introduced but it was blocked by the DEMOCRAT controlled Congress and ultimately was not passed. The South Vietnamese were denied the arms, munitions and supplies needed to militaritly hold the DMZ and a scant 6 months later, in 1975, Saigon fell to the North.

So, the Democrats all but started the war in Vietnam (Kennedy), then drastically INCREASED the scope of the war (Johnson) and then after Nixon (Republican) had in effect won the war (Tet, Linebacker 2, Rolling Thunder) and rendered the Viet Cong ineffective as a fighting force (leaving only the NVA-regular N. Vietnamese Army troops), the 'patriots' in Congress did not fund the peace. Remember that this was after 99% of the US troops had already been returned home and the campaign promise of 'Peace with Honor' was within our grasp. Not to mention the 58.000 plus dead that effectively died for no reason!

Pretty pathetic....with this pedigree, is this the party we are supposed to entrust the War in Iraq to?!?!?! Come on, pull your collective heads out.

Another fantastic tidbit of history that is widely unknown by the forces of ignorance:

South Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos were fine....Until Congress didn't FUND the military assitance we were giving prior. So after the funding that bought weapons, ammo and supplies was gone, what other outcome was possible?

The leftists in this country LOST Vietnam. The military did their job. The civilians didn't. PERIOD.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Ask Blackjack Pershing about ending resistance by muslim fanatics.  He had great success in the Phillipines, using tactics that would make the liberal pantywaists squeal in this day and age.  Pig fat smeared on bullets.  Burying the enemy dead in pigskin, facing the wrong way, and the gravesite bathed in pigs blood.

The muslim jihadists were stacking arms in short order.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Then came Afghanistan, and my first trip to an Army recruiter to see if I could get my eyesight waived (partial field blindness-progressive).

Wait a minute.
You said:

When I served, I believed that I was doing it to protect the right to protest and dissent

Did you serve or not?

Did you get that waiver?

SHHH!!

You shouldn't try to hold some teenager ranting about how bad Bush sucks accountable for what he says! That's just plain intimidation!

We should blindly accept everything he says as gospel, because he is a teenager after all, and is much smarter than the rest of us. See? He went to college! He HAS to be smarter than a bunch of redneck gun nuts! His sociology and english professors agree with him!

All hail the Teeny Bopper Activists!!

Heil!

Heil!

Heil!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a minute.
You said:

Did you serve or not?

Did you get that waiver?

I did. 18SFS, Kadena AB, 51SFS Osan AB, 343TRS, Lackland AFB. AFSC 3P051B-SEI for investigations and emergency services. I'm sure nothing would make you happier than to discover I am completely full of shite-just not the case, sorry. I went to have my progressive vision disorder waived. My optic nerve head druzen were not very pronounced at 19, but at 29, I'm about 60-70% blind in my left eye. Nonwaiverable, I'm afraid.

And, BTW-the color of the boathouse at Hereford is...

(guess you'll just have to find out for yourself)

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Ask Blackjack Pershing about ending resistance by muslim fanatics.  He had great success in the Phillipines, using tactics that would make the liberal pantywaists squeal in this day and age.  Pig fat smeared on bullets.  Burying the enemy dead in pigskin, facing the wrong way, and the gravesite bathed in pigs blood.

The muslim jihadists were stacking arms in short order.

Ugh.

Those stories are bogus. Quoting bogus stories, no matter how well intentioned, does not help our side.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Yeah, yeah-I hear you, troop. Bad news-my give-a-shitter is broken. Take the empty threats somewhere else, eh? BTW-how do YOU plan to respond if the election doesn't go your way? There are folks on both sides of the issue who no doubt intend to act like asses-let's not marginalize one another based on the worst possible behavior from either group.

unadult=immature. English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

First let me say, you didn't answer the question, but thats typical.

About three post ago you resorted to classic liberalism: ducking part of the statment, and warpping the rest into what you wanted me to say, not what i said. The rest of my statement goes right by you.
Now i have hardly a clue WTF, (I say again:WTF) you are talking about.

I plan to continue serving my country, no matter how it goes. I have to respect the office, not the man in it. However, you betray you guilt by (ass)(u)ming(I left out the ME to make a point, dick head)that everyone plans to act the way you do.

I mean, push you're lesbian lover off your face for a second, but down the crack pipe, and have a real conversation.
Let me say it in a way you understand: DADDY'S SORRY YOU HAD A ROUGH LIFE, BUT CRYING ONLY MAKES YOU A PUSSY. NOW QUIT TUGGING ON MY PANTS LEG, YOU REMIND ME OF YOUR MOTHER.
Now i got things to do, and you can juggle my balls on your forehead, fucktard.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Sure-after Tet, the war was winnable provided that the U. S. was willing to pour more money into SVN-how long after the troop withdrawal do you figure the NVA would have come streaming into the country? Additionally, it wasn't winnable because it lacked popular support here at home among those who would have to go and fight it-remember the draft card burnings?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a minute.
You said:

Did you serve or not?

Did you get that waiver?

I did. 18SFS, Kadena AB, 51SFS Osan AB, 343TRS, Lackland AFB. AFSC 3P051B-SEI for investigations and emergency services. I'm sure nothing would make you happier than to discover I am completely full of shite-just not the case, sorry.

So you're only partially full of shit.

If you really think that repeating, almost verbatim, ALL of the most unimaginative Leftist Talking Points is a good way to convince anyone that you're REALLY just a disgruntled Livertarian, try again.

Trying to actually claim that when you served in the AF, you believed that you were "doing it to protect the right to protest and dissent"....

That's far fetched.
What's not far fetched, is that that's your revisionist reason.
You keep finding yourself in the uncomfortable position of having to defend your Patriotism with this reasoning.  You find yourself there, as a result of your words and deeds.

If it quacks like a duck....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Additionally, I think it's pretty nifty that we are no longer talking about Iraq. Convenient, isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Sure-after Tet, the war was winnable provided that the U. S. was willing to pour more money into SVN-how long after the troop withdrawal do you figure the NVA would have come streaming into the country? Additionally, it wasn't winnable because it lacked popular support here at home among those who would have to go and fight it-remember the draft card burnings?

So now you counter your own argument that these types of Guerilla wars are unwinnable, while at the same time, you are saying that Vietnam, and this war is unwinnable because of the actions and words of the protestors at home.

I agree 100%.
That war was winnable, and this war IS winnable.
The only obstacles to victory are the likes of you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Additionally, I think it's pretty nifty that we are no longer talking about Iraq. Convenient, isn't it?

Yeah, it must be a Republican plot!  It's all Bush's fault!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#48]
And, why did it lack popular support and from whom?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a minute.
You said:

Did you serve or not?

Did you get that waiver?

I did. 18SFS, Kadena AB, 51SFS Osan AB, 343TRS, Lackland AFB. AFSC 3P051B-SEI for investigations and emergency services. I'm sure nothing would make you happier than to discover I am completely full of shite-just not the case, sorry.

So you're only partially full of shit.

If you really think that repeating, almost verbatim, ALL of the most unimaginative Leftist Talking Points is a good way to convince anyone that you're REALLY just a disgruntled Livertarian, try again.

Trying to actually claim that when you served in the AF, you believed that you were "doing it to protect the right to protest and dissent"....

That's far fetched.
What's not far fetched, is that that's your revisionist reason.
You keep finding yourself in the uncomfortable position of having to defend your Patriotism with this reasoning.  You find yourself there, as a result of your words and deeds.

If it quacks like a duck....

I don't need to defend my patriotism because I'm not voting for Bush. But if it's called into question, I'll surely point out how absurd that is. The best defense for my patriotism IS the fact that I am highly critical of my government-regardless of the party currently in power. That's what patriots do-they carefully examine the issues of the day and discuss them with their fellow citizens, just as we're doing now. Our Founding Fathers were extremely distrustful of government-and they're the ones that gave us the Republic we now seem unable to keep. I'm sorry you find it far fetched that I served my country out of a desire to protect the best form of government known to man. I enlisted to protect the weak in our society-those with unpopular viewpoints, ect. Purely to protect the right of dissent? Nope. Also the right to keep and bear arms, to be secure in ones home, to practice the religion of one's choosing (or none at all), ect., ect., ect.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it must be a Republican plot!  It's all Bush's fault!  

Now when have I said that?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top