Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:23:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No "Comedy Gold"  in this thread so far.

I disagree.  "Just to watch him die" made me laugh pretty good.  I'm a sucker for anything to do with Johnny Cash.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been "peppered" while dove hunting.  Pretty amazing how fast no. 9 shot looses its "ooomph".
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
picture.funnyjunk.com/pics/weird_cheney.jpg

Wittington is lucky Cheney didn't swing his donkey dong at him!

Holy shit

Dick "Baby Arm" Cheney
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I am going to tell all you younger guys something. When you have 60 somethings and 70 somethings out hunting everybody has to be damn careful because these old geezer's brains don't work super fast anymore.  An experienced bird hunter  50 and under in Whittington's place would have seen what was developing and either started yelling his head off or hit the dirt.

Whittington must have been just 'dum de dum dum look it what I got, la la la, I  shot the bird'  BLAM.   Situational awareness is what keeps you alive around guns.

rj
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
picture.funnyjunk.com/pics/weird_cheney.jpg

Wittington is lucky Cheney didn't swing his donkey dong at him!

Holy shit

Dick "Baby Arm" Cheney

I'd never seen that!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Having troubles laughing at this..

That makes two of us.

Nothing funny about a firearm accident.

Nothing funny about ridiculing a great man that made a serious mistake.

Goes to show you that it can happen to ANYONE.

First of all its not an "accident."  It's neglegence.  Civil neglegence at least and criminal negligence if Cheney was impaired by alcohol or drugs wat the time of the shooting.

More uneducated BS from people who have never been hunting before. Are you sure you do not work for CNN? I thought i saw you yesterday in the press room saying the same thing to Scott McClellen.

How about reading neglegence. The story said that Whittington came up next to Cheney OUT OF POSITION WITHOUT LETTING HIM KNOW IT.

In quail hunting everyone is in certain postions and have certain firing "zones". They are there for everyones safety. You cannot have people just muzzle sweeping everyone to get a bird. If someone all of a sudden walks into your "zone" without warning you, then its their fault. And your response will be, "He should have looked", but in reality it is almost impossible to to see everything while you are swinging your shotgun at a bird in the air. There is a reason people are in certain postions and have assigned firing zones.

Get out of starbucks and into the fields before you open your mouth.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#7]
None of those reasons were even chuckleworthy.  Boo.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes two of us.

Goes to show you that it can happen to ANYONE.

First of all its not an "accident."  It's neglegence.  Civil neglegence at least and criminal negligence if Cheney was impaired by alcohol or drugs wat the time of the shooting.

More uneducated BS from people who have never been hunting before.

I grew up in Michigan.  I have hunted every year for the last 23 years. Deer, Bear, Rabbit, Squirrel, Pheasant, Grouse, woodcock, Groundhog, Possum, Raccoon and Feral dog in Michigan.  Rabbit, Quail, Dove, Hog and mountain lion in California.

I have never shot my hunter partner or been shot by one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I grew up in Michigan.  I have hunted every year for the last 23 years. Deer, Bear, Rabbit, Squirrel, Pheasant, Grouse, woodcock, Groundhog, Possum, Raccoon and Feral dog in Michigan.  Rabbit, Quail, Dove, Hog and mountain lion in California.

Whittington did not follow the rules set up for his safety. And you still do not see how it is Whittington's fault? If you have hunted for 23 years you would understand why there are rules in the first place to prevent things like this.

California's sue happy way of life must have gotten to you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whittington did not follow the rules set up for his safety. And you still do not see how it is Whittington's fault? If you have hunted for 23 years you would understand why there are rules in the first place to prevent things like this.

Those rules include be sure of the target and what's behind it and dont point your weapon at anything you do not want to kill.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't see this as funny.

This can happen to anyone of us that hunts.  This is not a time to laugh, but a time to take note that bad things happen to good people.

Pray that this never happens to you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]
#12 reason why Cheney shot the lawyer,

Bush hates black people and Cheney hates old people!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, I never knew there were so many 's here.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those rules include be sure of the target and what's behind it and dont point your weapon at anything you do not want to kill.  

You are missing the point that when you are shooting a quail flying perp. to you and you have to sweep your shotgun to keep up with the bird, your periferal vision is greatly dimenished to a point that you get tunnel vision. Its unavoidable. If you do not already know that someone is in that general direction, then it is likely that you are not going to know that they are there when you shoot, unless your vision is centered right on them. That is why those rules are there, if that is not the reason, then please enlighten us. It is not like deer hunting where you can look at your target for 5 minutes.

In an effort to de-hijack this thread:

Cheney shot Whittington because he didn't think Bush's tort reform plan went far enough.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I am glad it was not the other way around.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes two of us.

I agree, but mostly I'm just tired of it dominating the news.

That being said.. calling shop_rat45...

I'd so put one of these on my car!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes two of us.

I agree, but mostly I'm just tired of it dominating the news.

That being said.. calling shop_rat45...

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/ozzy033/cheneyhunt.jpg

I'd so put one of these on my car!

I'll see what I can do. To keep it cheap, I'd probably do something a bit more simple.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I liked Leno's line about Cheney yelling, "Who else wants to say domestic wiretapping is illegal?!"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top