Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Bag of Sulfuric acid.  Another quality product from Maimway Enterprises.

Irving was a genius!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#2]
ETA: Damn, you guys are fast.  

Irwin Mainway's Bag O' Glass

The first thing i thought of when i read the title of this thread. Anyone remember that skit on SNL?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

www.whiterose.org/pete/blog/images/dan.jpg

The first thing i thought of when i read the title of this thread. Anyone remember that skit on SNL?

Johnny Space Cadet was another
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't there any one here that remembers the firecrackers from back in the 60's & 70's ?

Those things SSSOOOOOOOOoooooooo would kill ya. A plastic tank could be renderd unrecognizable ! ! !

A complete division of men strown 50 yards ! ! ! !

And don't even ask what kind of ass beating you'll get if you take an M80 w/extra extra long fuse, tape it to your brand new  gas operated plane...then call dad outside to watch the maden flight (and rather impressive gas plumb at about 200' ).
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
KLACKERS
....................those two lucite balls on string.
Some folks used to be able to get those things going so fast they shattered into a million pieces.

yeah, Clacker ought to rate up there pretty high. How about three wheelers, would you consider those toys?

I ran myself over with one of those, funny thing is I stay on it the whole time
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Let us not forget how traumatizing these things were.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/dooobious/CFC.jpg  

Me and my buddy did that to a girl once.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Isn't there any one here that remembers the firecrackers from back in the 60's & 70's ?

Those things SSSOOOOOOOOoooooooo would kill ya. A plastic tank could be renderd unrecognizable ! ! !

A complete division of men strown 50 yards ! ! ! !

And don't even ask what kind of ass beating you'll get if you take an M80 w/extra extra long fuse, tape it to your brand new  gas operated plane...then call dad outside to watch the maden flight (and rather impressive gas plumb at about 200' ).

Heck yeah!  Used to bring those things back from Tijuana.  Customs was pretty lenient in those days; switch blades, fire crackers, etc.  Those things really could blow your hand off!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I just checked and they still sell Johny Jump-ups. Remember when when they didn't have the safety string through the spring?

For those that are not familiar with them, imagine an infant seat which hangs in a doorway. A spring allows the toddlers legs to bounce the seat up and down. The problem was that sometimes the spring would break and punch straight down into the baby's head, killing or maiming it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#10]
women
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#11]
anyone's first car.  i dont care the what year it was, what model it was, but it was ALWAYS the most dangerous thing a kid has ever been bought
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

www.whiterose.org/pete/blog/images/dan.jpg

Yeap, first thing that came to mind.  His halloween costumes were hilarious (Soldier uniform with a real M1 Garand, human torch, etc).

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's another....

Wham-O Super Ball

Yep, that 2" dia. rubber ball that used to bounce over houses in the old commercials.
Seems some of our less coordinated playfriends were unable to dodge the impending recoil of a 90 degree vertical bounce and were knocked out cold with "O-mahW" imprinted on their foreheads.
Hence another great toy gets sent to the penalty box by the Consumer Product Safety Div.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top