Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have to sleep in the water or can you at least lay out a blanket on the grass?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do you have to sleep in the water or can you at least lay out a blanket on the grass?

He's actually The Dread Cthulu, so he prefers sleeping in the water regardless.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
join a hoa and then bitch about it  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
lol fucking tree replacement proposal. send them a fucking cocktail napkin with "I will plant new trees" written on it in lipstick
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, they're not real popular around here.  Just a few around in upper class neighborhoods.  Even so, people tend to be more easy going around these parts and you kind of have to push it to the limit to get shit started.
 We have a tendency to tell people to "Get fucked" around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, HOAs.

Yeah, they're not real popular around here.  Just a few around in upper class neighborhoods.  Even so, people tend to be more easy going around these parts and you kind of have to push it to the limit to get shit started.
 We have a tendency to tell people to "Get fucked" around here.

Unless it's the federal tax dollar teat.  Then your state  can't get enough.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Does your HOA fee help pay for the corn in the feeder?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd need to read the covenants to which you agreed when you bought the property before deciding whether to get all excited about your situation.

I'm amazed at how many people just buy property without reading the obligations that bind the parcel they're buying, then whine about having to follow the rules later.

Suckers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say HOA, but it is actually a woman whose family develops neighborhoods among other things.  She is a damn tyrant and has thrown a hell of a fit after four or five trees were removed that she didn't want removed when we were clearing the lot.  She sent us a series emails telling us to "cease and desist" all building until she got a detailed explanation and we submitted a tree replacement proposal.  Then she immediately boarded a flight and will be overseas for a month.    

We were going to have to stop for a couple of weeks anyway to get loans and such squared away, so we were not real worried about it.  Well, now we can't get any response from her, so we have lawyered up and start building tomorrow.   She will likely cite the 45 day period that is afforded the association to approve any building or landscape work, so we will see what happens.  The lawyer feels confident about it (of course she does, she is getting paid) and most everyone we have talked to feels the same way and says she is just trying to project power that she doesn't have.  

We have tried hard to get along with the woman and not rock the boat, but the "getting along" period is over and when they show up, we are supposed to tell them to stay off of the property.  This is a special little snow flake that we are talking about, so things are likely to get interesting.  

Yes, HOAs are a nightmare.

I'd need to read the covenants to which you agreed when you bought the property before deciding whether to get all excited about your situation.

I'm amazed at how many people just buy property without reading the obligations that bind the parcel they're buying, then whine about having to follow the rules later.

Suckers.

Yep. My gut reaction is the OP signed something that got him here.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#7]
To REALLY tell them to get fucked, you need a pink flamingo.  

Sigh.  Beat.  

Quoted:
Every HOA thread makes me think of that episode of the X-Files where they summon some sort of demon thing to kill you if you aren't code compliant by nightfall.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yup, for failure to pay HOA dues. You as the owner signed the contract. How is that different from any other obligations one has in home ownership?

To each his own I guess. I appreciate what an HOA does to ensure a neighborhood is somewhat uniform, maintains the look of common grounds and is able to deal with idiots.

My wife's family lives in the city and no HOA. Their yard is a joke with weeds three feet high. They get letters from the city telling them to clean their front and back yards.

In our HOA, we fine you for any weed growth that is not addressed in an orderly manner.

We had a couple try to paint their house salmon pink. Nah, I don't think so. We forced them to repaint their whole house. Like someone above said, read your HOA docs and CCR. If they would have come and received approval of their house paint color, they would be a lot richer.

Here in socal, where land is a premium, my house will bring in 75k more (than a non HOA home) since we have private park space that the HOA maintains.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I love my HOA.  Assures my nice neighborhood stays nice.  They are also nothing like the horror stories I read here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, HOAs.

I love my HOA.  Assures my nice neighborhood stays nice.  They are also nothing like the horror stories I read here.

The thing is you are just a board power struggle away from a horror story.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.  While I'm sure they exist, I've never heard a HOA bitching story from someone who lived somewhere prior to the HOA being created.  There was that one guy who had one on his back but his house wasn't even in the neighborhood but that's different.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe don't buy a place in a HOA if you don't like it?  People that bitch about HOA's seem like martyrs to me.  Its not like you didn't know that before you bought the house.  

This.  While I'm sure they exist, I've never heard a HOA bitching story from someone who lived somewhere prior to the HOA being created.  There was that one guy who had one on his back but his house wasn't even in the neighborhood but that's different.  

There is the story about around here about the "HOA leadership committee" that was out one Saturday knocking on doors, telling people how they needed to mow their lawns and clean up junk on their property.  One person who's door was knocked on was a county supervisor who asked "What HOA are you from?" and they replied with a street name in xxx community.  The guy told them to go home, that they were four towns and one county away from the limits of their community and were far out of their jurisdiction.

Dumbasses thought they had authority as far as the road extended, which being a state road would have been all the way to the NY state line and probably a couple of miles on the NY side as well.  Along the way they had been telling farmers they needed to mow their front lawns (hay fields) and remove all the junk (farm equipment) from their property.

I've always considered that to be proof positive that many HOAs are filled with would be tyrants who think they have no limits to their power.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I say HOA, but it is actually a woman whose family develops neighborhoods among other things.  She is a damn tyrant and has thrown a hell of a fit after four or five trees were removed that she didn't want removed when we were clearing the lot.  She sent us a series emails telling us to "cease and desist" all building until she got a detailed explanation and we submitted a tree replacement proposal.  Then she immediately boarded a flight and will be overseas for a month.    

We were going to have to stop for a couple of weeks anyway to get loans and such squared away, so we were not real worried about it.  Well, now we can't get any response from her, so we have lawyered up and start building tomorrow.   She will likely cite the 45 day period that is afforded the association to approve any building or landscape work, so we will see what happens.  The lawyer feels confident about it (of course she does, she is getting paid) and most everyone we have talked to feels the same way and says she is just trying to project power that she doesn't have.  

We have tried hard to get along with the woman and not rock the boat, but the "getting along" period is over and when they show up, we are supposed to tell them to stay off of the property.  This is a special little snow flake that we are talking about, so things are likely to get interesting.  

View Quote

This post is so full of relevant details for the reader. I cannot see why no one understands.

BTW thats sarcasm.

post sucks.

try to do better.

BTW I am on the board of my HOA so that I can CONTROL it instead of whine about it. Not directed at you OP but at those who will

our HOA  cuts the grass. that's about it
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Several years ago, a HOA from a new development that popped up next to my dad's land sent him a letter threatening "action" if we didn't stop shooting because of "noise violations". Called the local sheriff to confirm there was nothing they could do and shot about 1000-1500 rounds of .22 (back when it was dirt cheap ) and a hundred rounds of 5.56 from an SBR that night.

F*** HOAs
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup, for failure to pay HOA dues. You as the owner signed the contract. How is that different from any other obligations one has in home ownership?

To each his own I guess. I appreciate what an HOA does to ensure a neighborhood is somewhat uniform, maintains the look of common grounds and is able to deal with idiots.

My wife's family lives in the city and no HOA. Their yard is a joke with weeds three feet high. They get letters from the city telling them to clean their front and back yards.

In our HOA, we fine you for any weed growth that is not addressed in an orderly manner.

We had a couple try to paint their house salmon pink. Nah, I don't think so. We forced them to repaint their whole house. Like someone above said, read your HOA docs and CCR. If they would have come and received approval of their house paint color, they would be a lot richer.

Here in socal, where land is a premium, my house will bring in 75k more (than a non HOA home) since we have private park space that the HOA maintains.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78162

It's NOT just California. When you belong to an HOA, you own property in common with the others. You have a signed obligation to help maintain that property. It tkes a LOT for an HOA to foreclose. If it got that far, someone was obstinate and stupid beyond belief.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#14]
My HOA story.  

When my wife and I were still doing the travel nursing thing.  We rented a house in an HOA for 6 months.  The house didn't have central air and it got unseasonable hot.  I bought some window unit AC's.  We got a nasty gram to take the windows units out.  I wasn't going to suffer through 90 degree temps in the house.  We took our lease and HOA agreement to an attorney.  She found some ambiguous language about rules not applying to violations pertaining to "medical necessity".  It was likely the language pertained to ramps for wheel chairs, but it was vague enough plus the state had some precedents pertaining to the subject that were in our favor.  Our lawyer said nobody would touch us if we left them up and got a letter of medical necessity.

Getting a letter of medical necessity was no big deal.  I hand delivered the letter of medical necessity and a letter from our attorney at the next biweekly meeting.  Heads fucking exploded.  It was awesome.

The HOA had problems with people leaving their garbage cans out for more than a day after the garbage came and people parking on the street for more than 48 hours.  One of the guys down the street found out that the street was public property and not owned by the HOA.  Therefore the HOA couldn't enforce shit on the street.  Once again heads exploded at the HOA meeting.  It really pissed off one busy body cunt and she found a city ordnance that only allowed parking on the street for 72 hours and would go around with a code enforcement guy chalking tires.  I intentionally left our garbage can out all week and drove my wife's SUV the rest of my time.  I left my truck on the street and would move it 6 inches or so every 48 hours.

It was great fun
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My HOA threatened to put a lean on my house for parking my go-devil in the driveway over night before I went hunting.  I can't wait to tell mine to get fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My HOA threatened to put a lean on my house for parking my go-devil in the driveway over night before I went hunting.  I can't wait to tell mine to get fucked.

lol. you should meet with the board. It could simply be the management company being over zaelous.

The board is your neighbor, go talk to him.

We have a similar rule in our HOA and we had a Homeowner get dinged for it. The board does not know, and won't until that months meeting when they go over the activities of the management company.  In this case I knew the guy he lives up the street from me,  He came to me about it although I couldn't help with that occurance, him that time I did set in motion that we now have a policy that we don't enforce on a  homeowner having a boat etc outside in his driveway during the weekend, I mean a guy is going out fishing early  Saturday gets his stuff ready on friday night so he just gets up and goes. its all pre-staged in the driveway.... so WTF it would be unreasonable to ding a guy for that so we don't. Now if you STORE it there there will be a problem. The difference is pretty easy to see.

We've no problems with crap like that.

In short talk to the board. They are not some disinterested monolithic group of fat cats....They are your neighbors.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's NOT just California. When you belong to an HOA, you own property in common with the others. You have a signed obligation to help maintain that property. It tkes a LOT for an HOA to foreclose. If it got that far, someone was obstinate and stupid beyond belief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing he said they did was not pay their dues. If they don't pay their dues, revoke access to common areas. But nope, instead, let's fuck them over real hard and take their house from them! I'm sure they did irreparable harm to the community by not paying.

Did they sign a contract? Yes. Did they not honor that contract? Yes. Does that give anyone the right to steal their home and any equity they've built in it because people got butthurt? Hell no. The only entities that should have that power are the ones that hold the loan on the property, not a bunch of busybodies checking the height of your lawn with a fucking micrometer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's just another layer of government in your life.
View Quote

yes in this case instead of a county manger and county board that you don't know. Its  the guy the next block over.

Sort in accordance with the founders vision to keep "governemnt" close to the people

you get the HOA you allow.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fuck having someone tell me what i can and can't do on my property.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Worse is the mentality that you should be able to mandate what others can do with their private property.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Your HOA can fucking foreclose on people?! Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

Another reason to never live in Kali.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am on our HOA for my neighborhood. Just foreclosed on a house. We're thinking of turning it into a clubhouse.

Your HOA can fucking foreclose on people?! Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

Another reason to never live in Kali.

they all can.

Again all this HOA crap depends on the board and who is on it. and how they direct the management company.

We have people in arrears, and we've placed liens. However we go to great lengths and have a detailed communications plan in place to make sure the Homeowner KNOWS what is going on. there are no surprises when it comes to money owed.

most of the time as soon as we mention the lien the money we are owed , that homeowner could not possibly pay,  suddenly appears out of nowhere. and we get what we are owed and and everything is fine.....until next time. always the same offenders.

Some homeowners are stupid. The pay a premium in fines and fees to a problem and pay what they agreed to WHEN they agreed to do so.

all that aside, we have agreed that we will never foreclose for our fees and dues. Although we could, we won't.

again DEPENDS ON THE BOARD TALK TO THEM.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck.

That.

Shit.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The only thing he said they did was not pay their dues. If they don't pay their dues, revoke access to common areas. But nope, instead, let's fuck them over real hard and take their house from them! I'm sure they did irreparable harm to the community by not paying.

Did they sign a contract? Yes. Did they not honor that contract? Yes. Does that give anyone the right to steal their home and any equity they've built in it because people got butthurt? Hell no. The only entities that should have that power are the ones that hold the loan on the property, not a bunch of busybodies checking the height of your lawn with a fucking micrometer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With HOAs you can't relinquish your share of the commons. You're also liable for your share of a legal judgment against the HOA as well as property taxes. For this reason HOAs buy insurance as well as maintain the property. In addition they hold reserve funds to pay for things like roofs on the clubhouse, pool pump motors, etc. Just like the Federal union, you can't just opt out or secede. You're in a partnership with others and they have the right to protect that partnership.

If you don't like it, don't buy in. But don't complain that "you didn't know" after buying in; all those documents and the rules are disclosed at closing time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wish.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you don't like it, don't buy in. But don't complain that "you didn't know" after buying in; all those documents and the rules are disclosed at closing time.
View Quote

Which, seems a bit late to me.

I think a stack of the HOA docs (rules, covenants, etc.) should be available at a property for sale so that prospective buyers can take a set home for examination prior to placing an offer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fuck.

That.

Shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck.

That.

Shit.

This.

A perfect example of why I hate HOAs.

I don't care if someone wants to paint their house neon fucking green.  It's their house, if they want to own the ugliest damn house in the neighborhood, that's their business.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, HOAs.

This.  Not all HOAs are created equal.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Hmmm, while she is gone maybe a few balloons filled with bleach to help her yard look nice are in order?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Be careful, there's probably something somewhere, either in statute or in the HOA documents, which provides that you pay attorney fees and expenses if they have to take you to court, and win.  I had that happen to a client of mine and he had to pay like 30k in attorney fees for the big firm the HOA hired to sue him.  Plus interest.  With an automatic lien on the HOA property in order to pay for it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#28]

My HOA is pretty cool. It's a couple hundred bucks a year, and they keep a nice park maintained at the center of the neighborhood for kids.

It's just restrictive enough to keep out the trash. No one that I've talked to has been bugged for anything trivial. Worst was some guy got asked to stop parking his horse trailer on the curb for more than a couple days a time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

LOL, HOAs.
View Quote
This

FHOAs

25 years at the same home now and I can't imagine how someone could put up with anyone telling them what they can or can't do regarding their properties.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Some of you people really are gluttons for punishment.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

In the five years I have been on our HOA board, this is the first true foreclosure that we've had to perform. We had to take these steps ONLY after a year of failed negotiations with the homeowners to pay their almost $5000 in HOA dues.

During the height of the recession, we came close to one but the guy turned the house over to the bank and the bank sold the property. We got our more than $6k in HOA dues from the bank after the sale of the house. The guy was a real deadbeat contractor who financed RV's, new cars and toys then tried to declare bankruptcy. Court denied the bankruptcy.

Never the less, our board is pretty chill and we really only send courtesy letters for things described in this thread.

Our HOA dues are important though and I'd say 99.99 percent of the folks are fine with paying them. Landscapers raise rates, water rates go up, insurance rates go up so sometimes we have to raise them a few bucks here or there.

But I love the anti-HOA rhetoric. It makes me chuckle. I was telling my buddy at work I should start a TV reality series called "HOA Wars".
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Why in the hell do people choose to build in such a communistic sounding community?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Not on paper?

Business as usual.

Unless the documents you signed dictated authority over tree removal, you don't even have to hire a lawyer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
LOL, HOAs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't have an HOA.

I don't know anyone that does.

I don't know of any neighborhood that has one.........

I guess I'm just poor white trash.....but I sure am happy.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In my truck.

from other side before the grass grew.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/IMG_20141226_091308_zpsrveqjysg.jpg

Maybe Louisiana is where I want to move
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

My HOA story.  

When my wife and I were still doing the travel nursing thing.  We rented a house in an HOA for 6 months.  The house didn't have central air and it got unseasonable hot.  I bought some window unit AC's.  We got a nasty gram to take the windows units out.  I wasn't going to suffer through 90 degree temps in the house.  We took our lease and HOA agreement to an attorney.  She found some ambiguous language about rules not applying to violations pertaining to "medical necessity".  It was likely the language pertained to ramps for wheel chairs, but it was vague enough plus the state had some precedents pertaining to the subject that were in our favor.  Our lawyer said nobody would touch us if we left them up and got a letter of medical necessity.

Getting a letter of medical necessity was no big deal.  I hand delivered the letter of medical necessity and a letter from our attorney at the next biweekly meeting.  Heads fucking exploded.  It was awesome.

The HOA had problems with people leaving their garbage cans out for more than a day after the garbage came and people parking on the street for more than 48 hours.  One of the guys down the street found out that the street was public property and not owned by the HOA.  Therefore the HOA couldn't enforce shit on the street.  Once again heads exploded at the HOA meeting.  It really pissed off one busy body cunt and she found a city ordnance that only allowed parking on the street for 72 hours and would go around with a code enforcement guy chalking tires.  I intentionally left our garbage can out all week and drove my wife's SUV the rest of my time.  I left my truck on the street and would move it 6 inches or so every 48 hours.

It was great fun
View Quote

Take that cockfags!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#39]
The upsides of an HOA are small compared to the downsides
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#40]
HOA is for people who love government and can't get enough laws/regulations. Damn liberty, you scary!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Nice chunk of Somalia you have there.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's just another layer of government in your life.
View Quote

Not government but a name-less, face-less authority with whom you have no legal recourse.   "Government" is usually elected or appointed and you do have some recourse with them.

People are INSANE to move into a HOA and sign away all of their rights!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Our HOA manages a large water feature, keeps common landscaping looking sharp, runs a nice, clean pool, makes deadbeats keep up their yards, and prohibits fudds and duds from turning nice residential streets into open RV storage.

I like it.  It  is worth every penny.  We agreed to the terms and they have kept up their side of the bargain.

Too many HOA haters want to live like slobs.  Fine.  But don't bitch when the HOA you agreed to calls  you on it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This board is filled with people that will do exactly that.  "Muh property value!".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck having someone tell me what i can and can't do on my property.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This board is filled with people that will do exactly that.  "Muh property value!".

Just like liberalism, "You can make any choice you want, from the choices I let you have. PS: Pay us your money for the great privilege of being here, to pay for supposed benefits."
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/x-files/images/5/58/MulderChallengesNeighbors.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111223025127

Sigh.  Beat.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/x-files/images/5/58/MulderChallengesNeighbors.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111223025127

Sigh.  Beat.  

Quoted:
Every HOA thread makes me think of that episode of the X-Files where they summon some sort of demon thing to kill you if you aren't code compliant by nightfall.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Seems kinda extreme

I'm ambivalent about HOA's.  I see the need for them but a lot of the people go full on nuts and create bad ones.  If I were in a bad HOA, I'd get on the board and start a coup.  
IMO, this is what an HOA should be...
Quoted:
Quoted:
30$ a quarter but the 'HOA' isnt an actual HOA.

It's only purpose is to maintain the pond, the horse stables (you get horse privileges but have to pay to board them) and is required to approve the construction plans of any houses being built. This is to ensure that someone doesn't buy the lot behind someone and decided to put up a double-wide or a 700 sq ft house.

That is an actual HOA.

What some of these guys are describing is the same concept as twisted by a bunch of petty fuckwits.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
join a hoa and then bitch about it  
View Quote

Yes, exactly.  It takes a real mental midget to sign a legally binding contract and then jump on social media to complain when there are repercussions for violating the terms of that contract. I would say it requires the kind of person that would hide a pressure washer on the bottom of their shopping cart.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, I hope your chains rest lightly...

It's complete bullshit to be able to tell other people what color they can or can not paint their house.  That's exactly the kind of crap why I will never live in a HOA.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Stay in California.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top