Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Train your dog where it's allowed, is that too hard for you to understand?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Serious question, what's the black stick "thing" sticking out of his ear in the picture?

ETA: Good lookin dog by the way.

It's the antenna from her GPS collar.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Be afraid....Be very afraid....This is a vicious animal

seriously though...shes a great looking dog

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
So you're pissed because you broke a city ordnance and got called on it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:I meant unrestrained.  Unrestrained dogs typically do ruin life for everyone, except for the owner.   The rules aren't there because people want to be mean, but to ensure that the park is a pleasant habitat for humans.

This.  Last unleashed dog I saw in a park bit a girl.  She wasn't hurt that badly, but it scared the hell out of her mother and the other kids in the park since she was bleeding so badly.  Unrestrained animals are like drunk driving.  Do it once and someone might not get hurt, but do it enough and someone will.z
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck You

I was at the local park tonight throwing bumpers for our Deutsch Drahthaar puppy. I'm working on doing some retriever training with her and have been taking her over to the park a block from my house. I throw the bumpers up a big hill in the park, partly to wear her out and it's a good place to do some training. This time of year the park isn't used much and she is fully under control. This evening while we were training a guy came walking up to us. At first I though he wanted to talk to me about my dog or give me props on my mad training skills. But no he had a different agenda. He felt it was important to educate me about the no dogs in the park ordinance. I informed him that I wasn't to concerned about it and that I will continue to train there until someone with some authority asked me to leave. This is the point where you acted like an asshole. It was at this point that it started going sideways. He said the was going to make sure he called someone of authority next time he saw me.

Well fuck that noise. I asked him exactly what I was hurting by doing what we were but he didn't want to hear it. He tucked his tail in typical liberal behavior and walked off stating that since I wouldn't discuss this issue in a civil manner he was leaving. I'm pretty sure at this point I let the F bombs fly but I'm not to worried. If he calls the cops next time I'm out there I will pay the ticket and get on with my life. Unfortunately for this dick he will have to go through life ruining everyone's fun. Yes, you are breaking the rules and it is he who is ruining everyone's fun.

BLUE

Why not be pro-active and go to Parks Dept and get rule changed? Confronting him only made things worse for you.

I have no problem approaching our councilman about a rule change. He lives just up the street and has two dog himself. Honestly until tonight I never though it was an issue. Most city ordinances there to charge people when they really become a nuisance. The F U was only used after he walked away. I tried to get him to explain why he felt the need to force his respect of the law on people is when he wouldn't talk about it an walked away while spewing generalizations. As I walked to my car he pulled out his cell phone and asked me to stop following him. I told him I was just trying to get to me car and he was in my fucking way. This type of person is one who is always looking for trouble.

And for those of you who suggest leash laws my pup was restrained by the holy electric hand of god the E collar. If at any minute she doesn't obey a command a correction is given. It is rarely needed but it's there just in case.

And just for good measure here she is pointing a pheasant.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question, what's the black stick "thing" sticking out of his ear in the picture?

Thank you, off to google!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, off to google!

It's a Garmin Astro 320.

It's nice to be able to see where your dog is when your out hunting. It's also very cool to see how much ground they cover. Earlier this year I hunted a place and ended up walking about 4 miles. According to the GPS she did 18.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a thought –– obey the rules, or don't go there.

And for that other poster, I don't go to places that have "No guns" posted, and I don't carry where it's prohibited by law.

At the very least you should have expected for someone to confront you if it's against the rules.  He called you on it, and rightfully so.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck You

I was at the local park tonight throwing bumpers for our Deutsch Drahthaar puppy. I'm working on doing some retriever training with her and have been taking her over to the park a block from my house. I throw the bumpers up a big hill in the park, partly to wear her out and it's a good place to do some training. This time of year the park isn't used much and she is fully under control. This evening while we were training a guy came walking up to us. At first I though he wanted to talk to me about my dog or give me props on my mad training skills. But no he had a different agenda. He felt it was important to educate me about the no dogs in the park ordinance. I informed him that I wasn't to concerned about it and that I will continue to train there until someone with some authority asked me to leave. This is the point where you acted like an asshole. It was at this point that it started going sideways. He said the was going to make sure he called someone of authority next time he saw me.

Well fuck that noise. I asked him exactly what I was hurting by doing what we were but he didn't want to hear it. He tucked his tail in typical liberal behavior and walked off stating that since I wouldn't discuss this issue in a civil manner he was leaving. I'm pretty sure at this point I let the F bombs fly but I'm not to worried. If he calls the cops next time I'm out there I will pay the ticket and get on with my life. Unfortunately for this dick he will have to go through life ruining everyone's fun. Yes, you are breaking the rules and it is he who is ruining everyone's fun.

BLUE

Why not be pro-active and go to Parks Dept and get rule changed? Confronting him only made things worse for you.

I have no problem approaching our councilman about a rule change. He lives just up the street and has two dog himself. Honestly until tonight I never though it was an issue. Most city ordinances there to charge people when they really become a nuisance. The F U was only used after he walked away. I tried to get him to explain why he felt the need to force his respect of the law on people is when he wouldn't talk about it an walked away while spewing generalizations. As I walked to my car he pulled out his cell phone and asked me to stop following him. I told him I was just trying to get to me car and he was in my fucking way. This type of person is one who is always looking for trouble.

And for those of you who suggest leash laws my pup was restrained by the holy electric hand of god the E collar. If at any minute she doesn't obey a command a correction is given. It is rarely needed but it's there just in case.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-NJfz-0HsIvM/TpJeBo0wnlI/AAAAAAAACLk/8XjW_lzxEjY/s640/P1000380.JPG

CoC...but, that's great! You followed the guy complaining about "you" breaking the law....in a threatening manner?   That's fucking precious!

Never mind, that's right....you should be able to break the laws you don't like in East Bumfuck.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck You

BLUE

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-NJfz-0HsIvM/TpJeBo0wnlI/AAAAAAAACLk/8XjW_lzxEjY/s640/P1000380.JPG

CoC...but, that's great! You followed the guy complaining about "you" breaking the law....in a threatening manner?   That's fucking precious!

Never mind, that's right....you should be able to break the laws you don't like in East Bumfuck.

I was trying to get to my car! I wasn't following him!  I was less than 10 feet from my car that was parked on the street when he made the comment.

So please tell me how I was following him in a threatening manner.

And Montana is in West Bumfuck
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sure my illiterate butt missed it, but is she a German Shorthair Pointer? Beautiful dog. Here is something for fun. Try to find a stuffed dog similar in size and color. Show up at the park daily and wait for douche. After several  "false alarms" with the authorities, they will ignore him. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a scofflaw and I admit it

I walk my dog frequently at a park that has signs that read " dogs must be leashed and under owners control at all times "

More often than not I let him run thru the trails and on the beach off leash

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#14]
How do you feel about drug laws?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm sure my illiterate butt missed it, but is she a German Shorthair Pointer? Beautiful dog. Here is something for fun. Try to find a stuffed dog similar in size and color. Show up at the park daily and wait for douche. After several  "false alarms" with the authorities, they will ignore him. Good luck.

Yup.

GSPs are awesome.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My dog doesn't do drugs.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#17]
And I thought it was only libtards that thought rules are for everyone but themselves.    
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#18]
If it is against the law, work to change the law. Until then, follow it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

GSPs are awesome.

She actually a type of German Wirehair called a Deutsch Drahthaar. It's basically a German registered german wirehair.
Here is more info.

Drahthaar

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

GSPs are awesome.

No.  That's a drathaar.  They look similar to GSPs but they have a wirey goatee
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought that the purpose of living in Montana was so that you didn't have to go to a city park a block from your house?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I pretend I don't speak english when knowitalls approach me
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It wasn't the dude who wanted the laws followed who behaved like a dick.

This

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They're dumb.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How do you feel about driving .001 mph over the speed limit?

Yeah, I break the law on a routine basis.  Know what?  I don't lose any sleep over it.  I didn't make the law and don't agree with it, catch me if you can, punish me if you can.  If you can't, STFU.  
Law enforcement is for law enforcement officials, not busybodies with a stick up their smelly shit smeared asses.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Thats why I don't need government in my life. I am not going to do harm to anyone or anything but stupid rules are in place because some are irresponsible. I bet the guy would probably call the police and would be to coward to show his face when the police came or city whomever. Maybe you can try to get the ordinance removed by going to the next city council meeting and bring up the issue there maybe you can run for election for mayor and raise that guys property tax so much he has to move or make a city ordinance no angry people or liberals allowed in the park. Anything is possible.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice sharptail retrieve. I have two Spinoni Italiani pointers.  People who don't have trained pointing dogs really don't understand the level of discipline that the dogs must have. I get the same responses from people when I am out working my dogs.  You know, "I wished my Fluffy would do that." "Your dogs sure are obedient!"  The funny thing is, they are no more obedient than any other trained pointing dogs.  It is just that very very few people train their pets to truly be obedient.  What most people think makes a "good pet dog" won't fly with hunting dogs.

Anyway, I hate leash laws as well.  They were established for the 99% of dogs whose owners think Fluffy is harmless and trained but they really have no idea what really is a trained dog. You know the type, "Oh, Fluffy is nice and she doesn't bite."  BUT, if it is the law than you need to abide by the law.

Just for fun, here is a picture of my two boys pointing a pheasant in Montana and being honored by a friends Spinone

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like you haven't gotten to the 'Sickem...get that libtard fucker...get him' phase of your pup's training yet.

Beautiful dog.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Arfcom:  Home of Law and Order, until it's a law or order we don't like.

That's how we got a country.

Now, I'm gonna go record a football game without the express written consent of the National Football League, so suck it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#30]
NO dogs allowed in a park?  WTF

People should mind their own business, liberals seem incapable of this.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're dumb.

I read that in a Towely voice
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nice sharptail retrieve. I have two Spinoni Italiani pointers.  People who don't have trained pointing dogs really don't understand the level of discipline that the dogs must have. I get the same responses from people when I am out working my dogs.  You know, "I wished my Fluffy would do that." "Your dogs sure are obedient!"  The funny thing is, they are no more obedient than any other trained pointing dogs.  It is just that very very few people train their pets to truly be obedient.  What most people think makes a "good pet dog" won't fly with hunting dogs.

Anyway, I hate leash laws as well.  They were established for the 99% of dogs whose owners think Fluffy is harmless and trained but they really have no idea what really is a trained dog. You know the type, "Oh, Fluffy is nice and she doesn't bite."  BUT, if it is the law than you need to abide by the law.

Just for fun, here is a picture of my two boys pointing a pheasant in Montana and being honored by a friends Spinone

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w178/Spinoni/Montana%202009/IMG_8754.jpg

Beautiful dogs.

Have you seen the Pointing Dogs of the Continentals book?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beautiful dogs.

Thanks!  No, I don't think I have ever seen that book.  Obviously, the versatile dogs are my prefered hunting dogs.  Your pup looks like she is going to be a good one!  Of course she better be as a Drathaar.  What part of Montana are you in? Every year I hunt the northeastern part of Montana (south of Poplar/Wolf Point off the Res).

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And for that other poster, I don't go to places that have "No guns" posted, and I don't carry where it's prohibited by law.

At the very least you should have expected for someone to confront you if it's against the rules.  He called you on it, and rightfully so.

Here is another thought; don't follow every rule like a blind retard.  Rules and laws are enacted with "spirit" or intent.  The No dog rule is b/c retards can't control there dogs and it ruins it for everyone else.  Shitty gun laws are enacted by retards who either feel better with nanny laws or can't fathom the concept of 2A.  Rules are not black and white, it is ok to read in between.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fuck You

no dogs in the park ordinance.

I informed him that I wasn't to concerned about it

yup...his fault
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beautiful dogs.

Thanks!  No, I don't think I have ever seen that book.  Obviously, the versatile dogs are my prefered hunting dogs.  Your pup looks like she is going to be a good one!  Of course she better be as a Drathaar.  What part of Montana are you in? Every year I hunt the northeastern part of Montana (south of Poplar/Wolf Point off the Res).

So far so good with the pup. I'm going to take her out to chase some Chukar in the morning. After that it's going to be rabbit tracking for the next couple of months. She will be running the VJP in April so we need to work on that a little.

I'm in Billings and oddly enough I've never hunted that part of the state. Next year I'm going for sure. I can't keep putting it off.

Here is that book.
http://www.dogwilling.ca/volume-one.html

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Did I make it in before our resident big city thinker?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is another thought; don't follow every rule like a blind retard.  Rules and laws are enacted with "spirit" or intent.  The No dog rule is b/c retards can't control there dogs and it ruins it for everyone else.  Shitty gun laws are enacted by retards who either feel better with nanny laws or can't fathom the concept of 2A.  Rules are not black and white, it is ok to read in between.

Yes and because someone is breaking the rules, the retards see them, tell themselves "well if they are doing it, I'm gonna do it, and starting ruining it for everyone else again.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Which park?

Most parks I've been in Billings are crawling with dogs.....even with the "no dogs" signs.

Billings is fast approaching Missoula's liberal infestation content.  And I moved 18 hrs NW to get away from fucking libtards...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fuck You

I was at the local park tonight throwing bumpers for our Deutsch Drahthaar puppy. I'm working on doing some retriever training with her and have been taking her over to the park a block from my house. I throw the bumpers up a big hill in the park, partly to wear her out and it's a good place to do some training. This time of year the park isn't used much and she is fully under control. This evening while we were training a guy came walking up to us. At first I though he wanted to talk to me about my dog or give me props on my mad training skills. But no he had a different agenda. He felt it was important to educate me about the no dogs in the park ordinance. I informed him that I wasn't to concerned about it and that I will continue to train there until someone with some authority asked me to leave. It was at this point that it started going sideways. He said the was going to make sure he called someone of authority next time he saw me.

Well fuck that noise. I asked him exactly what I was hurting by doing what we were but he didn't want to hear it. He tucked his tail in typical liberal behavior and walked off stating that since I wouldn't discuss this issue in a civil manner he was leaving. I'm pretty sure at this point I let the F bombs fly but I'm not to worried. If he calls the cops next time I'm out there I will pay the ticket and get on with my life. Unfortunately for this dick he will have to go through life ruining everyone's fun.

Here is our pup doing what she does.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-pkJuJPwOGb0/TwI4IKQDinI/AAAAAAAACOY/3rspM-bcOFg/s640/P1000512.JPG

Nice looking dog. It's too bad the cops will shoot it when it comes wagging its tail to visit them, as they serve you, the commoner with a citation for running your dog on the kings land.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.  Ok.

Guess I'll start milling some DIASs then.  After all, the "spirit" of the NFA was to restrict full-autos to those icky mobsters, which I am most certainly not.

(To Mr. and Mrs. BATFE –– the above was sarcasm )
––––––––––––––––––

There doesn't seem to be an in-between to "No dogs in park," it sounds pretty straightforward to me.

Seems to me that shitty laws are enacted because of people like you who profess obeying only the laws you like.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#43]
In other words you need the gov in your life to keep you in line?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Which park?

Most parks I've been in Billings are crawling with dogs.....even with the "no dogs" signs.

Billings is fast approaching Missoula's liberal infestation content.  And I moved 18 hrs NW to get away from fucking libtards...

Pioneer
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#45]
poop thread
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#46]

I had the same problem OP.

I took a leash and shortened it to about a foot long and left it on the dog.

If anyone said anything about her being off her leash, I would just point and show them her leash. Even had a run-in with the local dog cop, he didn't have any issue with it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Must be quite a night on the arf.

Parody to this thread was the worst, most unfunny parody I've ever seen...and everyone knows I love a good, funny parody thread.

Then we have the black bashing thead that was locked at post 88.

Off to a hellova night I see.

You know, despite all the tough talk, 9mm vs 45, Glock vs 1911, Ron Paul vs any other politician, etc, etc.  I think we all like each other.  If we didn't, every Hometown get together would be a blood bath.

And maybe I've just had one beer too many.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#48]
depending on who owns the park. (we have a "park district" ) go talk to the head of parks dept. express how a "dog park" could benifit. petition signatures ect ect...

thats how we got out dog park put in... or maybe ask the higher up for a "permission slip"

ordinance is an ordinance. so you technically are in the wrong .... but 99% of the time if its not a total douchebag of a park employee (or cop) he will let you be..

out here there is a big ass hill everyone goes sledding on(well not this year we still havent had snow)... park closes at dusk(posted).. but kids are out there till 9 or 10pm.. and no one ever shows up running them off...

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you feel about driving .001 mph over the speed limit?

Yeah, I break the law on a routine basis.  Know what?  I don't lose any sleep over it.  I didn't make the law and don't agree with it, catch me if you can, punish me if you can.  If you can't, STFU.  
Law enforcement is for law enforcement officials, not busybodies with a stick up their smelly shit smeared asses.

News letter: Put one out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#50]
The rule i fucking stupid and the guy ho wants it enforced when nobody is around is a fucking prick and Im glad you told him so.  People like that deserve a fucking punch in the face but it isn't worth going to jail over..

You were breaking the rule though so  it is what it is.  THis country is just turning into a whiny fucking bitch fest IMO for stupid fuck laws like this to be created in the first place and to have some fucking jackass so worried about it he felt the need to come over and give you shit about it.        Im amzed at the amount of self control we have as Americans sometimes not to just start kicking the shit out of people over this kind of thing.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top