Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Buzz It!. I got one of those clippers last month, it came with a video.  My wife watched the video and now cuts my hair.

#1 on the sides, #3 on top, scissors on the front.  

Clipper cost under $20.
Haircut runs about $12 + tip.
I'm already money ahead, and I don't need an appointment or special trip.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought an electric clipper a few years back. The kind they use on mental patients and new recruits. Great time and money saver. Only thing is all my friends just have to make comments when I use it. It's like I'm 12 again and the neighbor kids are on my case.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Be like QBANG! just shave it all!

And if she hates it.... Just dump her and get a new one... its only hair!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
That reminds me....I'm going to cut mine right now
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never been into the "buzz cut" look, so I say leave it long (well, normal long). I always fixed my hair ala Tyler Durden style from Fight Club, until I started working at a hospital and needed to look "older and more respectable".

Just my .02

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The best reason to have a "crew cut", better termed the "High-and-Tight": AR-670-1 dictates that hair must be off the ears and collar, but it is most commonly interpreted (esp. during uniform inspections) as BZZZZZZZ!  go with the skin, baby! and dig the tan lines from your hat!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Got an appointment at 6 today for my first crew cut...will get it done "right" once, and see if I can keep it in check myself after that...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#10]
SteyrAug, go with a short flat top with white side walls. You will have all you want. Take a look at Howey Long in Broken Arrow. Sounds like it would fit you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top