BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
interesting.  this is almost certainly a QB move, which improves the odds that ramsey is still on the board for DAL at 4.
View Quote

With the top two teams taking QB's that pretty much guarantees that Ramsay or Jack will be on the board.

I wouldn't be overjoyed with Elliot, but I could live with it.  I'll be pissed if they take Bosa though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

i guess you missed the 2015 season.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They made off like bandits in the RGKee trade with the Redskins and now they are the ones getting blasted in the ass.

Yep and the Rams mocked the 'skins for the trade.

one difference is that the rams just moved, and absolutely must drum up excitement in their new market.

There is something to be said for this.

Also unless you are the 2000 Ravens, your team isn't going far in the playoffs without a very good qb.

i guess you missed the 2015 season.

lol, touche...

-eta I had this stat in my head that almost every SB winner since Dilfer has been either a HOF, future HOF, MVP or Pro Bowler but can't be bothered to look that up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You watch...this kid will be worth it.
View Quote

Of all the fantastic players, I don't even think I would make that trade for JJ Watt.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Carson Wentz?

Insanity. Is that even an FBS team?

I just don't understand the logic behind taking these guys who faced lesser competition throughout their college careers.

I'd much rather take a QB who showed well in a P-5 Conference any day of the week. Jared Goff maybe.

Frankly, If I were a GM, I'd take Derrick Henry or Ezekiel Elliott #1 before any QB. Those guys are freaks of nature, particularly Henry.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The Herschel Walker deal has been the standard in WTF deals.  Maybe the Rams are just jealous of the Vikings "fame" and are wanting to try to match that.

Seriously, I don't see anybody in this draft worth anywhere near that.  Seems hard to believe that you would trade all that for the kid from North Dakota State (Wentz).  That's an Al Davis type move.  I wonder if they will make a deal with the Browns (who also supposedly really like Wentz) and end up with Goff.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow.

The poor guy they take #1, has to be a qb, is going to be thrown to the wolves behind that shitty line the Rams have. Should be brutal.
View Quote

The Rams have lost damn near their whole defense to trade in the Offseason. This is going to be a shit show.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]
They better get the second coming of Roman Gabriel for that trade.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.

Maybe if they pick Henry, they could have the second coming of Eric Dickerson.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LOL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

No RB in this years class will be as good as Gurley has shown he can be (assuming he stays healthy.)
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No RB in this years class will be as good as Gurley has shown he can be (assuming he stays healthy.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

I think Henry and Elliott are both going to be very very good.

I think Devontae Booker from Utah is also gonna be a big value pick for somebody.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Reminds me of Kevin Costner's Draft Day.
View Quote
Worked out for him.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Wentz is a great fit for the Rams if they want to run power with a passing threat.  I was hoping he would go to Dallas, but the Rams will be a good place for him to land.

He's a great kid who loves to hunt and shoot.  Excellent work ethic and smart as hell.  Has more experience in a pro style offense than Goff has.  Wentz will give a team lots of offensive options, whereas Goff will do nothing but sit in the pocket and get crushed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#15]
And now the Browns have traded the #2 pick to the Eagles
for #8 pick this year, 1st rd pick in 2017, 2nd rd pick in 2018

I guess the Browns are gambling on Wentz or Goff still being available at #8?  Basically giving them the 2017 & 2018 picks as a free bonus, since they would've taken whichever one was available at #2 anyway?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I guess the Browns are gambling on Wentz or Goff still being available at #8?
View Quote

interesting.  

Very curious to see what the Eagles and Browns do with their picks
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

interesting.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting.  

Really?  I think it's pretty obvious the Eagles will take the QB the Rams don't take.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I guess the Browns are gambling on Wentz or Goff still being available at #8?  Basically giving them the 2017 & 2018 picks as a free bonus, since they would've taken whichever one was available at #2 anyway?
View Quote

Which will prompt their agents to tell teams 1-7 theyll play for league minimum to stay away from the qb killer team
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Browns also get #77 and #100 this year, and send the Eagles their 4th rd pick in 2017.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Really?  I think it's pretty obvious the Eagles will take the QB the Rams don't take.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting.  

Yeah they will.  I think the Rams will pick Goff (I'm not saying they should pick Goff, I'd pick Wentz but LA Rams, Cali kid, has Goff has Cali look to him that would appeal to the SoCal fan base, sell jerseys, put asses in the seats, etc...).  I was speaking more of who the Browns will take at #8 and who the Eagles Browns will select with their other picks from the Browns Eagles.  NFL.com is saying the Eagles Browns will also get Cleveland's Philly's 3rd and 4th Round picks this year.

Edit- flip flopped PHI and CLE's picks
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I can almost smell the desperation in the air with some of these teams.  

I understand it's a QB driven league, and without at least a decent QB you're dead in the water, but some of these teams are really going all in.  

Of course the Redskins went all in for RGIII, and look at how amazing that turned out!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting.  

I don't see there being any other decision.  No position except QB is worth the trade in picks the Eagles and Browns are giving away.  

Now we know the first two players who will be picked, the only question is who goes #1?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't see there being any other decision.  No position except QB is worth the trade in picks the Eagles and Browns are giving away.  

Now we know the first two players who will be picked, the only question is who goes #1?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting.  

I'd be floored if LA doesn't pick Goff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting.  

Smart money would be on Goff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Ezekiel Elliott believes the Eagles traded up to take him #2???
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Of all the fantastic players, I don't even think I would make that trade for JJ Watt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

J.J. Watt isn't worth a serviceable back-up QB in the NFL, and I think he's one of the best players in the game, offense or defense.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1768544_Official_2015_NFL_Discussion_Thread.html&page=208#i59402992

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1768544_Official_2015_NFL_Discussion_Thread.html&page=208#i59402992

Welcome to 2016, Marty McFly
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the year is 2016.  What's your point, butthead?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting.  

I think that's why the Browns made the trade.   They want Goff and aren't going to get him after the Rams traded up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Glad Cleveland doesn't have a chance to get Wentz now.

Rams or eagles would be good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#33]
If I was an NFL owner I'd trade away draft picks like they were the plague, and bring in proven players.

How many high draft picks actually work out well in the NFL?  How many lower draft picks turned into NFL legends?

Draft picks are the most overrated thing in pro sports.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

J.J. Watt isn't worth a serviceable back-up QB in the NFL, and I think he's one of the best players in the game, offense or defense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A backup quarterback?  Really?

I agree he definitely isn't worth a solid starting QB, or even an offense player like RB, but a backup?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If I was an NFL owner I'd trade away draft picks like they were the plague, and bring in proven players.

How many high draft picks actually work out well in the NFL?  How many lower draft picks turned into NFL legends?

View Quote

well, at least you would have an awful lot of very high draft picks to trade away every year.  

seriously, what you describe is the opposite of how the NFL works.  consistently successful teams acquire most of their talent through the draft, and only use free agency to fill specific roles.  there is a strong negative correlation between spending in free agency and winning percentage.

in respomse to your question. IIRC high draft picks (rounds 1-3) have close to a 90% chance of making the team, and ~50% chance of turning into solid NFL starters.  6th-7th round picks have ~15% chance of making the roster.  higher picks don't guarantee better talent, but they do drastically increase the odds.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is just silly talk.  if you have to rely on the ability of your backup QB, your team is almost certainly going nowhere anyway.  the only reason DEN was successful last season was that they were already relying on defensive superstars more than on their QB.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually the five teams that have spent the most money on unrestricted free agents over the past half decade all have winning percentages under .450.

And #1 with a bullet is the Dolphins who have been horrible.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Stupid Eagles, gave too much away...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Stupid Eagles, gave too much away...
View Quote

yeah--along with the dead money from dumping chip's guys, this is really going to crimp their talent conveyor belt for the next couple of years.  they almost certainly gave up 3 quality starters (2 x 1sts and a 2nd) in exchange for the rams' second choice of QB.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top