Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Miz LWilde drove a 1994 Accord until it was crushed in a five car get-together on I95 in August 2000.  We were the middle car.  The Honda crush-zones worked flawlessly and saved her, my son and the baby with only minor injuries, unlike the occupants of the van and SUV in front and back.

The car was paid off.  We used the insurance money to buy a new Infiniti I-30.  My missus really likes her hot I-car...but I gotta tell you, the Accord was her favorite.  No car has ever been as good to us.

My only complaint was that the '94 EXs had only a 4cyl engine.  The A/C unit was woefully underpowered for most of the hotter parts of the country.  They used a small capacity compressor, with a pulley size designed to minimize enginre drag, along with the then-new R-134 coolant.  The net effect was to creat a wimpy system.  Coming across the desert to The Commonwealth in August 1996 was a relatively warm trip.  We had the system completely checked before we set out from Kalifornistan and had it on high the entire trip.  It kept the temp at about 76deg - 78deg.  My Ranger truck and her I-car will flat freeze you out if you turn the A/C on high.

Honda or Toyota.  Can't miss.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd recommend the '05 Altima 3.5L or an '02 or '03 Maxima (the '04 Maxima is bloated and heavy).  The Nissans lack the refinement of the Accord, but the VQ35 engine is superb (the VQ is the only engine that has been on Ward's Ten Best Engines list all ten years the list has been in existence).  The Camry is also nice, but it is a a slow, boring mom-mobile.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you ever think of buying an American car?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I own an "American" '04 PT Cruiser built in Mexico, and a "Japanese" '04 Honda Civic built in America.
I can't figure it out either!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Seeing as how he lives in AMERICA, I'm guessing the answer is yes.  Yes, he probably thought of buying and American car.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:08:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Got a 2K3 Maxima SE which runs like a raped ape and is solid as a rock.

I've also owned over the years seven different Hondas.

All are great reliable cars totally worth the money.

I highly recommend the Maxima, but you cannot go wrong with the Accord, either.

SG
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There isn't an american car out there that compares.  I base my car purchases on value, not country of origin.  When an american car company makes a car that TRULY compares, I'll be first in line for one after my Honda dies

(gonna be a while though!)
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Repeated from Page 2 - Accords are manufactured in Marysville, Ohio. My Ford was made in Mexico, IIRC. My Harley was made in Kansas City, MO but the engine was designed in Germany and the transmission fabricated in France (France)
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Repeated from Page 2 - Accords are manufactured in Marysville, Ohio. My Ford was made in Mexico, IIRC. My Harley was made in Kansas City, MO but the engine was designed in Germany and the transmission fabricated in France (France)

My wifes Nissan van was made in the US, by Ford.

My Nissaan Sedan was made in Mexico.

My Pontiac was made in Canada.

Whwn peope say "buy American" i think of the Pontiac Grand Am shit boxes assembled in lansing Michigan. Or the Saturn shit Boxes assembled in Tenn.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Strangely alot of BMW's are made in Spartanburg, South Carolina USA. Including BMW Z3 roadsters and coupes, M (motorsport) roadsters and coupes and the X5.

Who would have thought...buy US products, buy BMW
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Do not buy a VW...My Passat sedan has had over $8,000 in repairs in 2 and a 1/2 years...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top