Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:39:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2011 1:41:25 PM EDT by Halligan-HCFR]
Originally Posted By hellbound:
Originally Posted By Halligan-HCFR:
I guess the best clarification I can give is: if you want to celebrate fine go ahead, if you wish for a scorched earth kill em all by any means necessary along with their brothers, sisters, mothers, sons and daughters fine. But in doing so you give up the right to criticize the other side for doing the same, ie dragging our dead bodies through the streets and attacking civilian targets.

WTF are you even talking about?

who here is cheering about women and children being killed?

people are celebrating that the terrorist mastermind behind 9/11 and who knows what other attacks (USS Cole, Embassy Bombings, WTC I, etc) is DEAD. this is a HUGE victory in the GWOT and should be celebrated. Just like V-E and V-J days.

the fact that you're equating terrorist suicide bombers killing US civilians and desecrating corpses to killing the "commander" of al-qaeda, is so full of WTF, i can't even comprehend it.

you're making less sense as this post progresses, maybe what you're typing sounded like a good idea in your head while you were smoking a bong earlier and catching up on the latest US apologist bullshit on DU, but now you just sound completely out of your mind...

out of  
and
out of

How do you think the Muslims were fighting view us and their attacks on us?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:44:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hellbound:
I guess the best clarification I can give is: if you want to celebrate fine go ahead, if you wish for a scorched earth kill em all by any means necessary along with their brothers, sisters, mothers, sons and daughters fine. But in doing so you give up the right to criticize the other side for doing the same, ie dragging our dead bodies through the streets and attacking civilian targets.

WTF are you even talking about?

who here is cheering about women and children being killed?

people are celebrating that the terrorist mastermind behind 9/11 and who knows what other attacks (USS Cole, Embassy Bombings, WTC I, etc) is DEAD. this is a HUGE victory in the GWOT and should be celebrated. Just like V-E and V-J days.

the fact that you're equating terrorist suicide bombers killing US civilians and desecrating corpses to killing the "commander" of al-qaeda, is so full of WTF, i can't even comprehend it.

you're making less sense as this post progresses, maybe what you're typing sounded like a good idea in your head while you were smoking a bong earlier and catching up on the latest US apologist bullshit on DU, but now you just sound completely out of your mind...

out of  
and
out of

How do you think the Muslims were fighting view us and their attacks on us?

I'm quoting this for posterity and to address when I get home
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:46:54 PM EDT

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:47:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JLH3:
This is the real MLK quote:

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction. The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation."

It is from his 1967 book, "Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community?"

So if this is the real quote, why are people saying he never said part of it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2011 4:46:20 PM EDT by discworld717]
Whether the quote is real or fake shouldn't matter. The message is still appropriate. Massive cheering crowds, parades, etc are hardly better than the assholes handing out candy on 9/11 in Pakistan.

For the record I'm as happy as anybody else the SOB is dead, I just think we should maintain our decency unlike the animals were fighting against.

I agree. I would have been happier had Osama's body been removed from his head and feed to pigs on live network TV. Then quietly somberly, We as a nation watch our living Presidents line up on the south lawn of the Whitehouse and pull a train on his head. Carter, the needle dicked fuck whose incompetence helped to set the Middle East on fire, starts with the first hole and Obama, as our sitting President, finishes. Then we gently place, because they might become terrorists if we don't behave, his head on a pike to rot until the sun, in its death throes, burns this nation from the earth.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top