User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Where did this happen? I'm there all the time.
I didn't pay attention to the street names, my knowledge of Baltimore geography sucks. I'll ask tomorrow. She was navigating by GPS, trying to find a location she'd never been to previously and Garmin gave her an interesting route.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have access to my firearm in that scenario, but if I could avoid a shootout from a coffin, that would be my first choice.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd have floored it, hoping to nail at least one of the shitbirds in the process.

a reasonable option
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. You can PM me as well.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
BANG, BANG!

BANG, BANG!

BANG, BANG!

BANG, BANG!

SCCCCRRREEEEEE!

Hello, 911?

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The four mentioned would be plastered to the side of the SUV

This. At a minimum they'd have gotten run over.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Run them over.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Somewhat related:

About 6 years ago now, I tried to take a shortcut in Norfolk, VA. Traffic was always shitty in front of the Wal-Mart, I figured I would cut through the neighborhood behind it and save some time.

As I drove, and came around a corner, there was a group of probably 8-10 Yutes walking down the middle of the 2 lane road. It was starting to get dark, and I flipped my lights on. On cue, these pricks stood in a line, arms lengths from each other, all the way across the street. 2 of them peeled off to the sidewalk on each side. I swear they must have practiced this move.

GREAT!

Well, not having a CCW, and that being a shitty choice anyway, I did the only thing left.

(In a 400hp, manual transmission car with a wicked exhaust)

Clutch in, snicked it into 1st gear, 5500rpm, clutch out.

PEACE OUT MF'ers! Those assholes scattered like roaches as I smoked the tires and I caught a glimpse of a face in terror as I rolled on through. NO WAY was I stopping.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Throw fried chicken at the nearest assailant.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Run them over.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#12]
My first instinct would be to drive away, or run them over if necessary.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Run them over with my 35 inch mid grapplers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Obama would have been short a couple sons cause I made them go squish.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Throw fried chicken at the nearest assailant.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#16]
That right there is why I have an Andrews leather 'Carjacker' holster on my belt whenever I'm in my vehicle.

It provides instant access to my carry gun without moving one inch.  It take two seconds to take off and stow before I get out of the truck, and then my CCW goes back to it's normal holster.

Not my picture, that from Andrews Leather catalog.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Run them over.  

this.  fuck them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#18]
J Turn.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#19]
My CJ7 would have had a field day making mush out of them.  and i keep my pistol in a holster attached to my driver seat. pull and bang bang bang through the window while running them over hahahaha
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My 32yo female friend was driving alone in inner-city Baltimore in a 1yo sport-compact car this weekend, at one point taking a right-hand turn at a light onto a vacant 2-way, 4-lane street. She was in the second lane from the curb with cars in the curb lane making the same turn.

The SUV that was in front of her swung wide into the opposing lanes during the turn, and came back across with the wheel hard over, stopping perpendicular to her lane of travel to the point she and the car next to her had to slam on the brakes to avoid T-boning the SUV.
Four yutes jumped out and started advancing on her vehicle with at least one weapon visible.

How would you react? Could you get to your carry gun while seated and belted? Do you try to drive out of there? Do you get out and run, abandoning your car? Lock the doors and call 911?

How my friend handled it:
Click To View Spoiler

Kharn

I'm impressed with your friend's quick thinking - not bad at all.  

ETA:

Garmin sucks - every one of them sends you through the worst neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#21]
"Contact front! Reverse out, reverse out, reverse out!"
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

How would you react? Could you get to your carry gun while seated and belted? Do you try to drive out of there? Do you get out and run, abandoning your car? Lock the doors and call 911?

ran over the gun toter, then proceed to shoot the rest.  

reload, get the ar and start my own hunting party

ymmv

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]
If I was armed, I'd probably at least blast the one with a weapon...
if I was not armed, I'd create 3 to 4 dark colored speedbumps. :)
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I drive a 7000 lb crew cab diesel, and I am always armed.

In the situation described, I would run over their Trayvon asses.

Texas is full of big trucks, fullsize SUVs, and guns. You try to roadblock somebody like the Baltimore skinnies did, and you'll get rammed, run over, and then shot.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#25]
First she should not have been driving around in a bad part of town. Thugs feel empowered on their "turf". Hard to say what would have been her best option without being there, but its pretty easy to hit the gas and try and hit the suspects as you flee the area. If she was totally blocked in then its time to go for the gun and just shoot through the windshield.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Maryland's Mogadishu.

I lived on 28th and Calvert for several years.

Fuck that place.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My 32yo female friend was driving alone in inner-city Baltimore in a 1yo sport-compact car this weekend, at one point taking a right-hand turn at a light onto a vacant 2-way, 4-lane street. She was in the second lane from the curb with cars in the curb lane making the same turn.

The SUV that was in front of her swung wide into the opposing lanes during the turn, and came back across with the wheel hard over, stopping perpendicular to her lane of travel to the point she and the car next to her had to slam on the brakes to avoid T-boning the SUV.
Four yutes jumped out and started advancing on her vehicle with at least one weapon visible.

Click To View Spoiler

Kharn

RUN THE THE FUCK OVER   VIDEO TAPE THAT SHIT  SEND IN TO THEIR  FUCKING FAMILIES JUST IN CASE "MY BABY DIDNT DO NUFFIN" COMES UP, IF THEY COMPLAIN RUN THEIR FUCKING FAMILIES OVER TOO FUCK THEM
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
BANG, BANG!
BANG, BANG!
BANG, BANG!
BANG, BANG!

SCCCCRRREEEEEE!

Hello, 911?

And you would be in FPMITAP forever.

Very limited CCW for the common folk in MD.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That right there is why I have an Andrews leather 'Carjacker' holster on my belt whenever I'm in my vehicle.

It provides instant access to my carry gun without moving one inch.  It take two seconds to take off and stow before I get out of the truck, and then my CCW goes back to it's normal holster.

I like the concept, but that doesnt look concealed to me.

I've been trying to find the right way to have my concealed firearm very quickly accessible in my car, without having to reach into some compartment

I think if I were in the situation the OP talked about, I'd try to back up first. If that fails, Id try to get out of there without hitting a car. If I cant go forward or backward without hitting a vehicle, then I'd have my hand on my sidearm
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Kharn

I'm impressed with your friends quick thinking - not bad at all.  

ETA:

Garmin sucks - every one of them sends you through the worst neighborhoods.

They made an app to avoid the shitty parts of the city but it got quickly burried. You know why?   Yep you gessed it!  because  DATS RACIST!

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I would have called my Baltimore hero.

TD308 would have saved me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's nice
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Serious question here - I drive an AWD crossover SUV type vehicle.  In a mob setting, assuming your only option is to drive through the mob, will you be able to proceed or will the "speed bumps," as someone referred to them, entangle the wheels and stop the vehicle.  I assume it inevitably depends on the crowd density but what are the issues in a situation like this.  Any tactical/evasive drivers out there?
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Once you run them all over, there's a bunch of free guns laying on the ground?
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Run them the fuck over.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This, I've been in a bad mood lately. If someone gave me the legal opportunity to start cleaning the gene pool I'd start making greasy pavement stains before I even thought about it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#36]
hmmm...didnt see that on the news......Ive also been told that its safe to drive in the city
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Serious question here - I drive an AWD crossover SUV type vehicle.  In a mob setting, assuming your only option is to drive through the mob, will you be able to proceed or will the "speed bumps," as someone referred to them, entangle the wheels and stop the vehicle.  I assume it inevitably depends on the crowd density but what are the issues in a situation like this.  Any tactical/evasive drivers out there?

Depends how fast you were going, lots of it depends on inertia.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Ramming speed!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

must be nice to live free
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I would give gun-toter the chrome horn so visciously that if he were a NASCAR driver there would be a brawl on pit lane afterwards.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I would have put it in reverse until I found myself back in Texas.

I would put it in PARK and then calmly exit the vehicle.  
(and I did actually move to TX from MD   ...for those who say "you wouldn't really do that!" )
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Blade at 45...

First post
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#43]
"Your car has thousands of times the kinetic energy of your gun; use it."

Better to flee and live than prove a point in that context.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Drive HARD.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BANG, BANG!

BANG, BANG!

BANG, BANG!

BANG, BANG!

SCCCCRRREEEEEE!

Hello, 911?

And you would be in FPMITAP forever.

Very limited CCW for the common folk in MD.

I don't live MD

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#46]
As a chick, that story scared the shit out me.  Good on her for finding a way out and thank goodness that the car behind her was not part of their "game" leaving her trapped.

Thanks for the reminder as to why I carry.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd use my 5,600lb weapon.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd use my 5,600lb weapon.

This.  With a vengeance.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Carry piece in Baltimore?  Why that's illegal.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Obviously there are lots of factors that come into play but in general you can look at your bumper/hood height and your ground clearance to get an idea of what's going to happen.  For example, children tend to go under cars (even ones that are low to the ground) while adults tend to go up on the hood and into the windshield (or off to the side if the driver swerves as they strike them).  Trucks tend to go over more people as they usually have a flat front and after being struck the body drops and gets run over.  Ideally you want to move them out of the way without them coming through your windshield or damaging your vehicle; having your windshield get broken is bad- it not only obscures your vision, but can get glass in your eyes (obviously another impediment to escaping), etc.  There's a reason you see professional drivers wearing glasses just as you see soldiers with them.  FWIW, I was told it's better to clip them, not ram them, so that the body generally go to the side.  Again, the less damage your vehicle takes the better able it is to get you out of there.  Speed and momentum are your friend as long as you remain in control of the vehicle.  Of course things change when you have a larger armored vehicle- you can gas it and go.  

As for bodies bringing a vehicle to a stop, I suppose it could happen but the ones that I've seen hit by cars the driver stopped intentionally, either on top of the body or shortly thereafter.  More than once we had to lift the vehicle to get it off the body.  I will say that heads are no impediment to a vehicle's forward progress.  

Great example of the use of a larger vehicle and momentum here:

ETA
Watch the van clip the guy and how he rolls off to the side:

and another:

And a slow speed squash (kinda bloody):
You have to log into youtube to see it but the label is " **CLOSE-UP** Man Run Over by Taxi in Montreal "

Doing a search on youtube will show more videos of what happens when various vehicles strike people.  No idea why the videos are formatting weird like this.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top