BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Guy I work with has a 2015, loaded. He loves it, they gave him a base model as a loaner when he dropped it off for service one day, he didn't  care for  that one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Killed In Action....Soul.

The name just seems to be asking karma to run over the vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
My 78yo father in law drives one.
$700+ bill annually when he tries to pass inspection, but I think that's more the shop ripping him off than problems with the vehicle.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#5]
been looking at online and see the base model starting at $11,135 a couple hours away
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Does it come with a vagina?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drove one halfway across the country, and occasionally since then. I hated it. Buzzy, high-revving to keep speed, and one of the worst cars to handle in a crosswind. Just goes all over the road. Very light and high profile is an unpleasant combo.
View Quote

I will agree with them being bad in a crosswind. Came through western Kansas in a hell of a wind/dust storm  in one last year and it was a fight the whole time.
Other than that I didnt have any problems with it being buzzy or lacking in power.

For the record the two trips I took were from Springfield,Mo to Colorado Springs,co and up Pikes Peak with zero problems from the car except when we hit the afore mentioned wind storm.
And from Springfield,Mo. to Las Vegas,that trip was a breeze except for one issue, something about the angle of the windshield makes the glare from oncoming traffic hell at night during a downpour.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Wife unit has a 2011 Sorento with 157,000 miles on it.
Non accident related stuff replaced- tires, brakes and wiper blades- thats it!
Accident related
$1240 damage when rear  ended by a Toyota Highlander at a light. The Highlander didn't do so well. Trailer hitch on the Sorento totaled it.
Deer hit. New plastic front end parts repair $881

So far at 157,000 miles we have no issues with the Sorento.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Now that I'm an adult, my $65,000 F150 eats Hyundai Elantras and shits out Kia Souls."

What an adult thing to say...

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Embarrassed-Dog-Cringes-At-The-Thought-Of-Its-Past-Mistakes.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I ought to go trade it in for a Kia, now I can be cool like the gangsta mice hamsters in the picture.

Not a recovery, at all. 65k for an F150 is one the biggest ass rapings I could imagine. Did you even attempt to negotiate the price? I was feeling great until I read your post and now my stomach is all in knots feeling bad for you.

I didn't spend $65,000 on an F150, it was sarcasm because of the fact that all of arfcom believes that F150's only come in that flavor.

I have Z plan pricing, so my F150 (which wasn't a Plazitinum model) was under dealer pricing before rebates.

"Now that I'm an adult, my $65,000 F150 eats Hyundai Elantras and shits out Kia Souls."

What an adult thing to say...

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Embarrassed-Dog-Cringes-At-The-Thought-Of-Its-Past-Mistakes.gif

That was a good one.

My soul has been ok. Had it for a little over a year, no complaints.

Know that it is what it is. Small, slow and nerdy.

But, compared to other cars in the same price range,  it does come with more a few more features.

Mine is dirty....nneeds vacuuming and a wash.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought the plus model brand new in 2012.  I have no complaints
View Quote

That's what I have and like you no real complaints.

LOL....They missed the target market by a mile. It's older folks like me that are buying them, at least in my AO.

I think older folks just want something small, roomy, and reliable that does not cost a fortune.

A huge selling point is that it's very easy to get in and out of. That means a lot to older folks.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Wife and I liked the Honda FIT , but the gas mileage was too low for what it was compared to the Civic. We looked at soul also and she liked it , I did not.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Why the hell does the ToasterBlob™ even come to mind when looking for a car?

Buy a Subaru Forester or Outback, you'll be happy you spent the extra coin.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

OP,  It's literally the most dangerous car.  I wouldn't....

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/37500/20150130/study-reveals-safest-dangerous-cars-top-10.htm
View Quote

The soul isn't even on the list.

Also, 5spd Scion XB is the answer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#14]
KIA has come a long way in the last couple years in reliability, and safety dept.

The wife decided to go the lease route. She loves her '15 soul.

People room is surprising given outside dimensions. My boy is 6'4" and has plenty of room in the back. All controls and gadgets are well done. He warranty is great.

My only gripe is it's a little underpowered for highway use. That's the compromise you make for mileage. Also, acceleration feels funny because of how it operates but you get used to it.

As a commuter car with occasional trips with a conservative amount of stuff, considering the price, it's a good deal. Like I said, the wife is tickled.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why the hell does the ToasterBlob™ even come to mind when looking for a car?

Buy a Subaru Forester or Outback, you'll be happy you spent the extra coin.
View Quote

Because all of those cost nearly twice as much.

Some of us don't need a certain style car to feel good about ourselves.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#16]
how do they do in the snowy type winters ?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LOL....They missed the target market by a mile. It's older folks like me that are buying them, at least in my AO.

I think older folks just want something small, roomy, and reliable that does not cost a fortune.

A huge selling point is that it's very easy to get in and out of. That means a lot to older folks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What he said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said.

No way... biggest selling point on a Soul or other similar car is 3-across baby seat space. Short of a Passat/Mazda6 and bigger there is no other car that I know of that does it without buying super-thin seats.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow, nailed me to a T except you forgot my flat billed hats.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a base 2012 with the manual, absolutely no complaints. Good little car. It does what I need it to do: haul me to work and to get groceries and shit. I'm married and have a big cock, so unlike some of my fellow arfcommers who happen to have white-framed sun glasses, "tribal" tattoos, a wet noodle, and $50k+ bro trucks, I feel no need to use a car to compensate for anything. I'd rather have the extra $35k for my retirement fund.

Holy shit dude, he wasn't directing this at you. You have pretty thin skin to be playing in GD. Go back to the My Little Pony forums.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought one for the wife and she likes it. Gets 29 in the city and for myself, being 6,1", it has more than enough leg and head room. Funny thing is, the more expensive the Soul, the bumpier the ride. She has 45/135 r18 that came with the whole "Sha-bang" package.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Holy shit dude, he wasn't directing this at you. You have pretty thin skin to be playing in GD. Go back to the My Little Pony forums.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a base 2012 with the manual, absolutely no complaints. Good little car. It does what I need it to do: haul me to work and to get groceries and shit. I'm married and have a big cock, so unlike some of my fellow arfcommers who happen to have white-framed sun glasses, "tribal" tattoos, a wet noodle, and $50k+ bro trucks, I feel no need to use a car to compensate for anything. I'd rather have the extra $35k for my retirement fund.

Well, it sure hurt my feelings a lot. I was seriously this close to trading in my $50k+ bro truck for a Soul to gain internet acceptance on GD, but after talking to my psychiatrist who recommended more pills for my weak erections and getting another tattoo, I decided to just lift my truck higher.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

OP,  It's literally the most dangerous car.  I wouldn't....

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/37500/20150130/study-reveals-safest-dangerous-cars-top-10.htm
View Quote

The only car I see on that list that is Kia is the Rio. And the dates range from 2009-2012.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought a 2011 new for the youngest daughter. Her choice.

I drove it as a commuter while she did the learners permit and drivers ed thing.
We have the Soul+ with the biggest motor. It is not a speed demon but it is damn fun to drive.

You can get into and out of some very tight spots with it. Easy to park and manuever in town. Box shape isn't for everyone,
but if you fold the back seats down you can haul a ton of stuff around in it.

Haters gonna hate but I really liked driving that car. Was a party machine, chicks dig it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does it come with a vagina?
View Quote

That would be the Mercury Mistress
as seen here
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top