Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#1]
My aunt had a 69 firebird that she bought new. I told her for years that if she ever wanted to sell it, I wanted the first shot at it.  It was pristine.  Transmission started slipping and she sold it to some yokel for $1500.   Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
1959 Chevrolet Impala - 4 door no center post w/ factory air. Sold for $100 by my grandfather. It was my moms first car and I wanted it so bad.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
My dad sold a NIB Winchester large loop trapper model (pre-Japan) to a gun shop for $300.  He was fine with it because that's all he paid for it.  I went up to the shop to try and get it.  The wanted $900 and sold it that week.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I had an uncle who had a black walnut tree that had to be at least 8-10 feet diameter (dbh) and several hundred years old.
He was excited to tell me one year how someone had stopped by and gave him $200 for the tree.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Grandma drove a 70's Torino with a 351 in it.   She sold it when I was 17 and didn't think I would want it because it had some rust.  She didn't know 17 year olds love horsepower and crappy Bondo jobs.

I wound up buying a '79 Cutlass (with rust, of course!).  Had she given me that Torino, I may have become a Ford guy instead of an Olds guy.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Colt 1911A1 - all correct parts
Colt 1911A1 with Remington Rand slide
Vintage Mauser hunting rifle w/ set trigger
S&W 1905 Victory revolver
Springfield 1903
Winchester 1200 Riot

My wife's grandfather wanted to give them to us, but he did not want it to be inequitable because my wife's sisters had complained about it even though they did not want the guns - they just wanted the money from them.  I offered to buy them from him because I wanted to pass them along to my sons so they could have something that belonged to their great grandfather.  He declined and said he would feel guilty selling them to me.  He said the only fair way to handle it was to sell the guns.  I asked him to at least let me sell them so that he didn't get ripped off by some gun store (i.e., he had taken the original Colt to one and they offered him $400 for it - I later sold the gun for $2,000 to a collector.).  It pained me to no end to have to sell off those guns.  Fortunately, he had been kind enough to have given me several guns from his collection over the years, so my sons will at least have those.  In the end I had to accept that they were his guns and he could do with them as he pleased.  I was glad I could get good prices on all of the guns for him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Grandma sold the family fishing cabin and the boats when my dad moved us to the next state over for work.  The excuse was "noone would be around to use it anymore"  Well no shit, not after you sold the place where we always got together as a family!

G
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#8]
my grandparents had a small farm located between Athens and Atlanta, they sold it for a song. I would have found a way to buy it, but didn't find out until afterwards. I guess the guy that bought it is making a decent living selling trees he grows there.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#9]
My dad got rid of some hooded sweatshirts from work.

Yeah, my family is hoarders, they don't get rid of much without checking around first
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Springfield 1903
Winchester 1200 Riot

My wife's grandfather wanted to give them to us, but he did not want it to be inequitable because my wife's sisters had complained about it even though they did not want the guns - they just wanted the money from them.  I offered to buy them from him because I wanted to pass them along to my sons so they could have something that belonged to their great grandfather.  He declined and said he would feel guilty selling them to me.  He said the only fair way to handle it was to sell the guns.  I asked him to at least let me sell them so that he didn't get ripped off by some gun store (i.e., he had taken the original Colt to one and they offered him $400 for it - I later sold the gun for $2,000 to a collector.).  It pained me to no end to have to sell off those guns.  Fortunately, he had been kind enough to have given me several guns from his collection over the years, so my sons will at least have those.  In the end I had to accept that they were his guns and he could do with them as he pleased.  I was glad I could get good prices on all of the guns for him.
View Quote

Your wife's sisters are cunts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My step dad sold his father's Colt Delta Elite for $300 to a gunshop when he died.

My great aunt let a logging company clear first growth cherry and oak from her property in VA, "no charge".

View Quote

Both of those really suck.      
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Both of those All of the examples in this thread really suck.      
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I received my Papa's "twin fiddles" upon his passing, a highly coveted item in the family. He specifically said to make sure that I get them.  A few people were upset about that.  But then I'm the only on aside him that is not only musically inclined but played in a band as well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have yet to experience this yet but I know I will.

My grandparents have accumlated a lot of nice things over the years.
1970 Ford Torino w 429 cobra jet drag pack.
1967 Plymouth Fury III that was brought back from Panama. Fully restored.

Some family heirloom guns etc..

I have an aunt and her children. They are thieving, low lifes' that will pawn or take whatever for a few bucks.
My dad allowed my aunt to live in his extra house he owned. It took 100,000$ off the sale price after she moved out.
Walls tore out, doors gone, house smelled of cat piss. It was gross.
My dad (after my mom moved out, Mom needed space from his bipolar and drinking), let my two male cousins (yup from the above aunt) move in the house because he was lonely.
They stole my dads cash, and cell phone, and pretty much anything else they could get their hands on.
Luckily my dad caught on quick and before it got worse.

My grandparents told me after my dad passed away that I was the only executor, of their wills'.
They also own a pretty good storage and moving business.
I pray they go together. I honestly do not think my grandmother or grandfather could make it without the other.

I know that being a executor is a burden, but to make sure that the family heirlooms are passed down correctly and not pawned off I will accept it.

View Quote

Same here; an executor.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#15]
My uncle sold a couple of my grandfather's NM Garands for a couple hundred dollars each, plus many other guns.  My dad nearly killed him, and made him promise to ask him first before selling any more of them.  Apparently one of the Garands was supposed to go to me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My SO hates clutter.  The problem is, she doesn't understand the value of "guy stuff".  We have been together a long, long time and I had gotten two Honda Trail dirtbikes to restore for the two bows.  The blue one I had running in no time and was getting the parts together for the red one.  I came home from a business trip to find the red one gone.  GONE!!!!  She said she was cleaning the barn, something she wasn't allowed to do, for obvious reasons, and noticed that it hadn't been moved or worked on to her recollection.  I took her over to the workbench and showed her all of the parts, cleaned and ready to go.  

Another time I came home and noticed she had had a garage sale.  Most of the clothes hadn't sold, so she had called in the Easter Seals truck to come and take it away.  As I walked up the guy was carrying my tie rack.  ALL of my ties were on it.  All of them were silk, back when silk ties were expensive as hell.  She said since I didn't wear ties to work anymore WE didn't need them...  

On a happier note.  When my paternal grandfather died I learned something of old southern traditions.  I am the last of my line, as such, ALL of his possessions passed to me, not to my dad.  When I arrived in Alabama for the funeral, the entire family was waiting for me to tell them what I wanted to do with his possessions.  Anything I said pertaining to them was law.  I made three decisions.  All WW2 memorabilia was to go to my dad, all guns were to go to my dad, and I took one old beat up Boker Hawk bill pocket knife that grandpa ALWAYS carried.  The rest of the family got everything else.
View Quote
I would have had a stroke

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#17]
When my grandfather died my grandma, parents, aunts, uncles, etc handed Grandpa's double barreled shotgun over to the police before telling me about it.  It might have been of questionable length.

My entire inheritance from my grandpa are a pair of his cowboy boots.  Well, with a big family I guess that I'm lucky that I was given anything at all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#18]
My mom gave away my day's mint 280Z, then my sister sold all his tools.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow.  This thread made me love my mom even more.  Some of you got stuck with some real assholes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Had a great uncle who sold out the family land of 500+ acres of prime hunting in the hills outside of town w/o consulting everyone else

Beautiful spot too
View Quote

Was the "family" on the deed?  Or just your great uncle?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, I was deployed to Bosnia in 2001.  My Dad passed away right before Christmas.  I came home for the funeral etc.  I went back and didn't get home until April 2002.  Sometime during that timeframe by brother in law swooped in.  He wanted something to remember Dad by he said.  My dad's carry pistol was a Taurus .357 magnum.  Now, it's not the most high priced or sexy gun, but it worked well and he liked it.  Anyway, BIL caught mom emotional and she let him have it, unbeknownst to me.

I get home and life goes on.  I thought about it but never asked for it, I figured it was poor taste so I let it go for then and wanted to get my life straight before I took on something like that.

Fastforward to 2005, I'm in Iraq, Katrina hits the coast, where I lived at the time, I lost a couple Arisaka rifles, an old Winchester 44.40 lever action, and an SKS.  I didn't come home, mom told me no need too since all was lost and she was gutting the house.

I got home in late Dec that year.  Started working on my house.  A little while later I asked about dad's gun.  She told me what she did and that she was regretting it.  I was pissed to say the least.  I let it go for awhile.

In 2008 my sister told us she was divorcing my BIL.  I once again took on the cause of dad's gun.  He refused to give it back and said ma gave it to him.  My reply was it wasn't hers to give away, we can do this nice or we can do this ugly.  He just kinda scoffed, whatever.

I went to Illinois for the 4th of July that year.  One, to help my sister move, second to retrieve my gun.  Mission one was accomplished fairly quickly.  Mission two, well it involved blading at 45, knife handing, and grabbing him by his neck.  Nonetheless after much adieu that Taurus .357 magnum is resting comfortably in my safe in my home

Hope this helps the thread with the feel good part, I know it made me feel better driving home with it.  We still talk and bullshit everyonce in a while too, no hard feelings and he admitted he was wrong and I said I handled it the wrong way as well (mostly to make him feel good )
View Quote

So...  you assaulted your ex BIL and stole his gun?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

some bad ones here...
View Quote
Not saying I would have Fent but I had a couple of cousins give away their virginity without asking me.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

How about kind of a feel good story. My mom, my aunt(Clara) and my young cousin(Jim) were at my grandparents house. My grandfather told my cousin Jim that grandpa's WWI equipment would go to my cousin. Everyone heard my grandfather say it. The equipment was the WWI helmet, gas mask, first aid kit, etc stored in a duffel bag.

Fast forward a couple of years and my grandfather died. A few days later, one of my uncles was looking around the house for the duffel bag. He claimed those items were promised to one of his kids. No one else had heard that promise being made, and grandma was sure grandpa wanted Jim to have the equipment.. Grandma told my aunt Clara to get the duffel bag out of the house if she wanted to be sure Jim got it. No telling if it might just disappear if one of the other relatives found it.

Clara didn't want the bag in her house at that point, the cousins often played together and the bag would probably be found, causing a problem between the between the families. That bag mysteriously showed up at my house, we lived a long way away and the cousins didn't visit often. We were told the bag didn't exist and it would be Jim's if it did exist. The other families who knew about the existence of the  equipment were told it must have been lost during one of the moves the grandparents made over the years. A real shame.

Fast forward several years, Jim has graduated high school, college, got married, and is now working in a new state. One day he receives a package in the mail....
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How about kind of a feel good story. My mom, my aunt(Clara) and my young cousin(Jim) were at my grandparents house. My grandfather told my cousin Jim that grandpa's WWI equipment would go to my cousin. Everyone heard my grandfather say it. The equipment was the WWI helmet, gas mask, first aid kit, etc stored in a duffel bag.

Fast forward a couple of years and my grandfather died. A few days later, one of my uncles was looking around the house for the duffel bag. He claimed those items were promised to one of his kids. No one else had heard that promise being made, and grandma was sure grandpa wanted Jim to have the equipment.. Grandma told my aunt Clara to get the duffel bag out of the house if she wanted to be sure Jim got it. No telling if it might just disappear if one of the other relatives found it.

Clara didn't want the bag in her house at that point, the cousins often played together and the bag would probably be found, causing a problem between the between the families. That bag mysteriously showed up at my house, we lived a long way away and the cousins didn't visit often. We were told the bag didn't exist and it would be Jim's if it did exist. The other families who knew about the existence of the  equipment were told it must have been lost during one of the moves the grandparents made over the years. A real shame.

Fast forward several years, Jim has graduated high school, college, got married, and is now working in a new state. One day he receives a package in the mail....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have yet to experience this yet but I know I will.

My grandparents have accumlated a lot of nice things over the years.
1970 Ford Torino w 429 cobra jet drag pack.
1967 Plymouth Fury III that was brought back from Panama. Fully restored.

Some family heirloom guns etc..

I have an aunt and her children. They are thieving, low lifes' that will pawn or take whatever for a few bucks.
My dad allowed my aunt to live in his extra house he owned. It took 100,000$ off the sale price after she moved out.
Walls tore out, doors gone, house smelled of cat piss. It was gross.
My dad (after my mom moved out, Mom needed space from his bipolar and drinking), let my two male cousins (yup from the above aunt) move in the house because he was lonely.
They stole my dads cash, and cell phone, and pretty much anything else they could get their hands on.
Luckily my dad caught on quick and before it got worse.

My grandparents told me after my dad passed away that I was the only executor, of their wills'.
They also own a pretty good storage and moving business.
I pray they go together. I honestly do not think my grandmother or grandfather could make it without the other.

I know that being a executor is a burden, but to make sure that the family heirlooms are passed down correctly and not pawned off I will accept it.

View Quote

You need to prepare for the worst now. If your aunt and cousins get wind of this, everything not nailed down will be gone before they're in the ground. I've dealt with these issues often as a LEO, in fact, one of my co-workers' had this happen to her when her grand mother had a debilitating medical episode. Extended family showed up from OK to help her family move grandma from her house to a home, dad was handling legal docs and had become sole power of attorney. Every one loads up with items, extended family never shows up at the home. Co-incidentally they had all of the heirlooms, jewelry, financial documents and antique furniture in their cars and trucks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#26]
A 1972 Gran Torino W/ 472 Power plant. Factory original. Driven very gently by a little old lady from Pasadena (My grand mother)!

My uncle gave it away for mere pennies.

ETA,

Wow! I didnt read the responses before posting!

Never knew Gran Torino's were so popular w grandmas! At least mine lived in Pasadena! I was afraid to get on the freeway with her in the Torino! Worse than a ride at six flags.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#27]
About 20 Cornelius kegs

And I brew.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#28]
My grandparents owned the Salmon River Lodge in Stanley, Idaho. They sold it when I was young; hard economic times, and they didn't make any money on it. It didn't help that their daughter (not my parent) took a hefty portion of it to cover some personal obligations.

Wish I had a time machine. Back then it was a pretty obscure place. Now it's riverfront property on the Salmon River worth $$$$. Prime property backing state land, so preserved scenery.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Every one of my relatives has done their best to make any family heirlooms disappear before/after someone has passed. anything I was promised or money put away for education ect. has disappeared. It was comical watching them sucking up to/ fighting with each other/ over an ailing relative to make off with every little crumb.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#30]
My great grandfather was friends with the inventor of Coca Cola.  He bought 10 original shares.  Sold them.  Would be worth billions today.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#31]
On another note, what do you do when you are one of two siblings, and you are going to be the executor of the estate?

My dad, mom sis and I all get along great.  Mom is a hoarder and dad is a gun/knife/archery collector.  He has a HUGE, and I mean HUGE collection and I just don't know what I am going to do with it all.  My thoughts are to let my sister and her husband go through and take what they want, but then what?  Sell it?  

I will keep the pieces that mean something but I am not a gun collector.  Not to mention the bows and the knives.  I am thinking I will parse out his collection to friends, but that won't put a dent in it.  Then what?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I was deployed to Bosnia in 2001.  My Dad passed away right before Christmas.  I came home for the funeral etc.  I went back and didn't get home until April 2002.  Sometime during that timeframe by brother in law swooped in.  He wanted something to remember Dad by he said.  My dad's carry pistol was a Taurus .357 magnum.  Now, it's not the most high priced or sexy gun, but it worked well and he liked it.  Anyway, BIL caught mom emotional and she let him have it, unbeknownst to me.

I get home and life goes on.  I thought about it but never asked for it, I figured it was poor taste so I let it go for then and wanted to get my life straight before I took on something like that.

Fastforward to 2005, I'm in Iraq, Katrina hits the coast, where I lived at the time, I lost a couple Arisaka rifles, an old Winchester 44.40 lever action, and an SKS.  I didn't come home, mom told me no need too since all was lost and she was gutting the house.

I got home in late Dec that year.  Started working on my house.  A little while later I asked about dad's gun.  She told me what she did and that she was regretting it.  I was pissed to say the least.  I let it go for awhile.

In 2008 my sister told us she was divorcing my BIL.  I once again took on the cause of dad's gun.  He refused to give it back and said ma gave it to him.  My reply was it wasn't hers to give away, we can do this nice or we can do this ugly.  He just kinda scoffed, whatever.

I went to Illinois for the 4th of July that year.  One, to help my sister move, second to retrieve my gun.  Mission one was accomplished fairly quickly.  Mission two, well it involved blading at 45, knife handing, and grabbing him by his neck.  Nonetheless after much adieu that Taurus .357 magnum is resting comfortably in my safe in my home

Hope this helps the thread with the feel good part, I know it made me feel better driving home with it.  We still talk and bullshit everyonce in a while too, no hard feelings and he admitted he was wrong and I said I handled it the wrong way as well (mostly to make him feel good )

However you choose to look at it is your view.

I got back what was mine.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Grandma passed away earlier this year. She had a 40 acre "farm" with a nice house, incredible barn, and nearly 1/3 mile frontage on a really great trout stream in Pennsylvania. My dad was not in a hurry to sell it so I did not want to pressure him in selling it to me. Long story short someone tracked him down, made him a ridiculous offer, and he sold it. He called me after the deal was done and he could tell I was disappointed. He told me "you didn't really want that old place....too much work" It sold for less than two new Corvettes......
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#36]
My father bought my mother the first Mustang my uncle's dealership received.  After my Dad died she gave it to a cousin.  The cousin's son promptly wrapped it around a telephone pole.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Springfield 1903
Winchester 1200 Riot

I would have refused to have any dealings with them from that point on.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wow.  This thread made me love my mom even more.  Some of you got stuck with some real assholes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm not the type to want things from my relatives but my grandparents gave away 2 1940 vintage gas pumps in near new condition.  I wanted them for my collection of old service station signs, displays, grease units, and dispensers.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I never understood the butthurt over that stuff. Either you were legally left it in a will or you weren't.
View Quote

Actually it is not necessarily something was not left to you but in many cases they decided to give something away to complete strangers
or sell them cheaply without any consideration for relatives.  Makes most people think that said relative is an asshole and has no feelings for relations.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Can I get a list of names and phone numbers from you people?

I'd like to meet your relatives. I have cash.
View Quote

You're too late.  My uncle sold his brother's Korean war bring-back M1 Carbine for $300.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#42]
My bothers and my 30k each inheritance, that promptly bought my sisters house.

And she bitches because I don't send cards for the holidays.

FUUUUU BIA[/rant]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#43]
My parents gave my Atari 2600 and about 60 games to Goodwill when I moved away from home.

Today they would be worth a small fortune.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My step dad sold his father's Colt Delta Elite for $300 to a gunshop when he died.

View Quote

My great aunt let a logging company clear first growth cherry and oak from her property in VA, "no charge".

My dad's widow (who is not my mother) stopped communicating with our family altogether and kept all of my dad's guns and things he wanted his three sons to have (I am one of those) to herself.

I hope she dies painfully and soon.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#45]
To counter the sad in this thread....

My Grandmother carried this around after my Grandfather died to make sure that I was the one who got it, and that it didn't go missing.

Its all real.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I guess what my family lost was not given away, but torn down. My great grandfather and grandfather where great Polo players and had a two story barn full of tac and equipment and they bulldozed it down.

While I have never played my grandfather mentioned that he should have not done that looking back, but at the time he was disgusted by the corruption in the sport by the mob. He didn't want any of us to around that so he put a ton of memories into the dirt.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Great grandparents farm land, 180 acre's.

My dad inherited it and sold it for $4000 in the early 60's .

It is now full of gas wells.
View Quote
Several Years ago my Father in law had joint ownership of a big land parcel with full gas & mineral rights with his 2 sisters and sister in law

Sister in law cried continuously to sell it so they did... (he got outvoted)

My Father in law wanted to hang onto it as he knew that fracking was coming...

there are several gas wells on that land now

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

On another note, what do you do when you are one of two siblings, and you are going to be the executor of the estate?

My dad, mom sis and I all get along great.  Mom is a hoarder and dad is a gun/knife/archery collector.  He has a HUGE, and I mean HUGE collection and I just don't know what I am going to do with it all.  My thoughts are to let my sister and her husband go through and take what they want, but then what?  Sell it?  

I will keep the pieces that mean something but I am not a gun collector.  Not to mention the bows and the knives.  I am thinking I will parse out his collection to friends, but that won't put a dent in it.  Then what?
View Quote

Executor means this:

You are responsible for executing the will of the deceased.  If there is no will (unlikely if an Executor was assigned) then the probate court will determine the disposition of the estate property.

The Executor has no right to determine 'who gets what,' unless the Executor is also the Trustee of the estate.

(I think...)

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#49]
When my sister was still a kid and going through the camo phase, I gave her one of my two field jackets. When she grew out of the phase she put the jacket in my parent's coat closet because I lived out of town. My mom gave the jacket to a homeless man without asking anyone first. I am still pissed to this day. I have two sons and would love to give each of them a jacket I had in the Army, but can't.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#50]
My Grandpa's 1890 Winchester............
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top