Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
IMO, the fact that people make a big deal about it is part of the reason why it hasn't happened.

DING DING DING....WINNER!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks CavVet for pointing that out.

the OP needs to give this subject a litle more thought

Can you elaborate? I guess I'm just tired but I don't see your point....

"Panic Talk" For good reason. There are many (D) politicians that really want you disarmed.
Mccarthy, Schumer, Finestien, Kennedy. Thats just the Senate. The HOR has a few more.

They are working against you in many ways but you only want to see the bills that are pending by people that are for our cause in the bills you noted.

Look up ammo bans. They are both in the State and Federal level.

Another Quote By You!

Hillary and Obama each trying harder to BS about how they support the individual's right to own guns.

Yes they are pandering. They have too. Most people that are D's will buy it or simply put the 2nd amendment on a back burner to other issues that they find more important. Even you admit this. They sstill tell you in subtle ways that they want your EBR's banned.
Hunting is their gun mantra. Shooting small animals is dandy, guns for defense of your family and tyranny is bad.

I think Arfcommers are making too big of a deal of this...I really don't think another AWB is likely....Thoughts?

You asked. I think its BS. As said before its a Democrat thing.
They ban stuff and one of those things on the docket is Guns and ammo legislation.

All this talk about how they learned their lesson is being voluntarily blind to the issue.

They don't learn, those same bills are being introduced every year and some of those sponsors are still in their seat and look to being going nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/Kylaer_/victory.gif

This makes me think we're advancing, not retreating. Sure, some states suck, but the ones that do are the bastions of leftism; how can you expect them not to suck? The rest of the nation is looking pretty good, from my perspective.

Edited to add: Even more recent version, mine's out of date. Look at all that lovely blue right-to-carry landscape.

Ugh!  How do I post that gif like he did?

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The OP might be right but I don't see the problem with stocking up now while you can just in case.  Its not like all the mags and EBRs will be worthless if there isn't a ban.  So I'll keep buying, hope and fight for it too not happen.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This makes me think we're advancing, not retreating. Sure, some states suck, but the ones that do are the bastions of leftism; how can you expect them not to suck? The rest of the nation is looking pretty good, from my perspective.

Edited to add: Even more recent version, mine's out of date. Look at all that lovely blue right-to-carry landscape.

Ugh!  How do I post that gif like he did?

Same way you post any other image.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]

That does look very promising.

Honestly, I think we have finally started to get the upper hand again against the gun grabbers. However, we shouldn't stop now. We need to keep at it as hard as they have in the past. We can turn the tables and get the game in our favor once again.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I will hope for the best, but prepare for the worst..........you never know what might happen, but we still need to keep the politicians informed of how we feel
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Assuming it won't happen is like letting the guard down.
Keeping the constitutional rights is an ongoing challenge.

Don't think for second that the US doesn't have foreign sworn enemies as well as 5th columns and inner enemies.

It's only because of the folks who have been constantly fighting against the anti-gunner, anti-constitutionals that we have our freedoms now.

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:25:01 AM EDT
[#9]
It's going to happen if for no other reason than Obillary and the demoncrats blame the NRA and gun owners for Bush winning in 2000 and they want paybacks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:35:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Why is it the LPCMF'ers that all deny the inevitability of a new AWB?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I appreciate your optimism and no offense but you are smoking crack if you think the libnazis's will ever stop trying to degun america.  That is their #1 wet dream, they just dont talk about it during campaigns anymore.  They will wait until their in office and then pass laws and the american people be damned.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think its all panic-talk.

Have we seen the country ever in a more pro-gun state?

Carry in National Parks on the path to being legalized.

More and more states considering carry in schools.

A bunch of Democrats supporting the lower court's decision in DC vs Heller

Hillary and Obama each trying harder to BS about how they support the individual's right to own guns.

And finally...DC vs Heller WILL be decided in our favor.

The last AWB was a complete failure.
Many here claim Obama wants to ban all semi autos......maybe he wants to ride a cow to the moon ....they're equally likely to happen.

I think Arfcommers are making too big of a deal of this...I really don't think another AWB is likely....Thoughts?

Hillary and Obama are lying about their support.  Put them in office, do you think they would care for a minute about what people want?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Maybe not nationally, but at the state level....
yup
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:37:26 AM EDT
[#14]
well i guess my plan to get all of you to stop buying ar's and ammo so i can stock up has failed

In all seriousness I have been stocking up and am trying to build my first AR before a Dem gets in office. I just stopped and thought about it and thought maybe things were looking up for us.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Maybe not nationally, but at the state level....[://

+1
The Dems have taken over the Colorado House & Senate and they have been making attempts to chip away gun rights.

Their latest & greatest: Banning gun sales on Sunday via closing the CBI insta-check check on Sunday.

Proposing safe storage laws.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I tend to agree.

It is like a cold war.  One side will always want it, but most don't want to spill the blood over getting it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#17]
The Second Amendment does not guarantee the right to ammo. The gun grabbers may eventually give us the guns, but my bet is that they restrict and/or outright ban the ammo for our little black beauties. Like others here, I figure the .50BMG will be the start.

That is where the whole thing could turn. Hell,in that scenario I could see a future where the gun-grabbers probably couldn't give two shits if we owned full-auto weapons until they came out our collective asses, so long as there is no ammo to shoot they are nothing but a collection of parts better suited for use as a pipe wrench. The BATF will change to the BATA-Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Ammunition. Kennedy had already tried this once before, IIRC.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Just leaves more ammo and mags for me to buy...

If you think new gun laws wont be on the schedule with Obama/Hildebeast and a demo congress you are an idiot (no one here in paticular). Just wait for a mass shooting like VT. You really think if another school shooting happens and there are a bunch of dead kids Hillary is just going to stand by and not call for gun laws? ahahaha

Besides those 'two' there are a few AWB being proposed within the states right now, and ammo is the new target of the anti's.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Second Amendment does not guarantee the right to ammo.

Yes it does.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Ammo. That's what you need to start stockpiling! Look at what they are doing to it lately with legislation.  Also, anyone else notice how the dems are trying to seperate firearms from "assault weapons"? Lately, they are trying to make a case that anything that looks evil, is a weapon of mass distruction.  Divide and conquer. In Hillarys shrill voice:" These aren't sporting guns, they are made to kill the masses easily"
Stupid bitch....Hehehe I cannot say that on THR
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Second Amendment does not guarantee the right to ammo.

Yes it does.

Cite chapter and verse, has it been tested by the courts already? I would like to know because this is what really has me concerned, if it has already been tested I certainly would feel better about the whole thing, and I can finally stop stockpiling like a rabid animal and reclaim my basement...

Looking at the Second, I suppose it can only be inferred that to "bear arms" would also mean to be able to "shoot" them, but my concern is some slimy attorney in Washington and the Supremes to go along with the interpretation of banning ammunition without the "bearing arms" being touched.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#22]
You heard it here first HELLER SETTLES NOTHING!

At best it confirms that the Second Amendment is and individual right. Big fucking whoopee doo. None of the rights guaranteed from the BOR are absolute, there is case law that restricts every damn one. Including the Liberals favorite, the First Amendment. The Second Amendment will be NO different. To think anything else is fantasy....there is wishful thinking, should bes and aught to bes and then there is REALITY.

It is HIGHLY likely that there WILL be another AWB. We are only a few more mass shootings away and with the large number of unstable people in this country....only a matter of time. Do what you will.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Maybe not nationally, but at the state level....

State levels
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You heard it here first HELLER SETTLES NOTHING!

At best it confirms that the Second Amendment is and individual right. Big fucking whoopee doo. None of the rights guaranteed from the BOR are absolute, there is case law that restricts every damn one. Including the Liberals favorite, the First Amendment. The Second Amendment will be NO different. To think anything else is fantasy....there is wishful thinking, should bes and aught to bes and then there is REALITY.

It is HIGHLY likely that there WILL be another AWB. We are only a few more mass shootings away and with the large number of unstable people in this country....only a matter of time. Do what you will.

Right, and that case is about Washington DC not the whole country. It wont overturn state AWB. Those would be seperate cases IF Heller goes our way.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Believe and do what you want.  there are other ways around total confiscation.  ever heard of taxes?  do you not think they could do to aw what they did to full autos?  like i said you do as you want but don't BITCH and moan in 8 years if you want an ar lower and the cheapest you can find is $500.  or if you want a beta cmag and can't find one for less than $800.00.  or bitch when you by a box of ammo and there's a $10.00 sin tax put on it.  or if there is amnesty where you can keep your aw  but you have to go down fill paperwork out and pay a $200 tax stamp to keep your aw legally.  or you find the lower you want but have to put a single shot upper on it?  by all means do what you want.  i remember a friend of my dad's buying a full auto tommy gun in the early 80's for $700.  care to guess what thinking everything is ok and life is grand and we don't need to worry, brought the price of that gun to today?  i would imagine around $20,000. so by all means yo do what you want and believe what you want.  

just ask california what they can and can't do.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Many here claim Obama wants to ban all semi autos......maybe he wants to ride a cow to the moon ....they're equally likely to happen.

You have not been to New Jersey, have you
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Just because things look like they're going your way is no reason to relax.  That's the time to press your advantage.  Things can go south in a big hurry, especially if you think you've done enough.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:31:33 AM EDT
[#29]

i personally believe we are living through a second amendment renaissance of sorts right now.

that said, if you think a democrat-controlled congress and a dem president (a potential result of the next election) won't ban guns, you have bought their BS.

they are as anti as they ever were, but they needed to pretend they weren't to win back some seats.

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Just to through a little gasoline on this ember ->  in VA, Chap Petersen ran as a pro-gun Democrat against an anti-gun Republican, and won, at least in part, because of his stance on guns.  Actually, I should say "supposed stance on guns" - this week, as soon as his party said "Jump", he jumped, and back-stabbed his gun-owner (former) supporters.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The right to carry map shows we are winning in most states.

The lefties still want to take our guns , they just changed thier talk.
  They are waiting for giant to  fall asleep again.

We have got to win big in November.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#32]
To clarify, I don't trust Clinton or Obama at all. I don't trust any democrat.

I simply think the AMERICAN PEOPLE AS A WHOLE are much more pro gun now than in the past.....the last AWB came and went and people weren't made any safer....Not all of the citizens of this country are idiots....More and more see through the anti's arguments.....

To anyone who has bitched at me here for being naive or having my head in the sand....I'm still doing all I can to fight for our rights, I hope you are too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#33]
That attitude is PRECISELY why we will continue to lose our gun rights in this country.

We can under no circumstances let our guard down in even the slightest sense, because they are always waiting for the right time to strike.

They are our enemy, and should be treated as such.

The gun grabbers will NEVER give up, NEVER.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Hillary flat out stated that she supports a new AWB just lask week.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Precisely........and neither should we ever give up or give in......

Quoted:
That attitude is PRECISELY why we will continue to lose our gun rights in this country.

We can under no circumstances let our guard down in even the slightest sense, because they are always waiting for the right time to strike.

They are our enemy, and should be treated as such.

The gun grabbers will NEVER give up, NEVER.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
  They are waiting for giant to  fall asleep again.

QFT
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#37]
I never thought the last one would happen in our country.

I came back from serving overseas to the crap that took place and could not belive it. I will not fall short again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Gun control is a political loser. Both sides of the aisle know that. Of course, that's not going to stop the rhetoric, especially from the left, and we as gun owners need to be monitoring those fuckers constantly.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Gun control is a political loser. Both sides of the aisle know that. Of course, that's not going to stop the rhetoric, especially from the left, and we as gun owners need to be monitoring those fuckers constantly.

If we wind up with a Dem controlled Congress, and POTUS, you can be certain that anti-gun legislation will be heading our way.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Seems like political suicide!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm not betting the farm on the the court getting it right in Heller (I predict a plurality decision with little or no precedential value).  With the plague of political correctness, the RTKBA will become increasingly restricted as our hobbies, collections and heritage are politically incorrect.  I don't believe for a minute that you can count on a damn thing that any of the frontrunners have said about an individual RTKBA if the shootings continue.  Even the present administration's brief in Heller can be argued as a sell out by proposing a rational basis test.  If the court gets in wrong in Heller, our rights will continue to be chipped away at by the politically correct sheople and the idiots they elect to office.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#42]
We have a AWB on the state level.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DON'T YOU LET YOUR GAURD DOWN FOR A MINUTE!!!!!!

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLUS MUTHAFUCKIN 1!!!

Fuckin'-A-Skippy!

There was an anti-gun article in this morning's Baton Rouge newspaper (The Advocate) on the editorial page. People here think it could never happen to us, because most of us here in south Louisiana grew up with guns. They were always a part of our lives.

It can happen if we let our guard down.

a-bare
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Osama's words on guns....

More from him....

Hillarys words...

Need more?

Im sorry, anyone who doesnt honestly believe that either of these libtards intend on full bans if not outright confiscation is either: A) disingenuous to the point of absurdity or B) a fraud appealing for our vote for their gun grabbing masters, if not both.

Yep

5sub
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#45]
If this election goes south badly with Obama or Hillary as President and large majorities of Democrats in both houses there absolutely will be a new AWB more draconian that the original that probably goes after all semi-auto rifles and there will be no sunset… any of you that believe this will not happen under those conditions are deluding yourselves.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Osama's words on guns....

More from him....

Hillarys words...

Need more?

Im sorry, anyone who doesnt honestly believe that either of these libtards intend on full bans if not outright confiscation is either: A) disingenuous to the point of absurdity or B) a fraud appealing for our vote for their gun grabbing masters, if not both.

Yep
5sub

I agree completely.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
If this election goes south badly with Obama or Hillary as President and large majorities of Democrats in both houses there absolutely will be a new AWB more draconian that the original that probably goes after all semi-auto rifles and there will be no sunset… any of you that believe this will not happen under those conditions are deluding yourselves.
I think you're deluding yourself if you think the American people will give up their semi autos.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hillary flat out stated that she supports a new AWB just lask week.  

True.

And again on Monday. But it gets very little media time .
it is for insiders.  They do not want to wake the giant again.

Too late, we have been awake since 1993. Never went to sleep.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think you're deluding yourself if you think the American people will give up their semi autos.

Most Americans don't own semi-autos and could care less.... you can think as you please but happy thoughts and pretend ain't going to stop a new AWB under the above conditions.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

WADR, you are dead wrong.  You are viewing this issue through the eyes of a logical gun owner...and probably a Republican.

You are forgetting who we are dealing with...the opposition:  Illogical, emotional, cause-seeking LIBERALS!  YOU may think it is over...but I can assure you they do not.  They do not think the old AWB was a failure...they believe it wasn't strong enough.

President Obama's inauguration speech will not have faded away before another, far more comprehensive and draconian AWB will be on his desk for signature.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top