Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimless, it's real simple logic.

The majority alleged perpetrators that are prosecuted for "hate" based crimes are whites.  

The VAST majority of victims for interracial violent crime are also whites (9 out of 10).  Whites are victimized at a higher frequency than their frequency of the general population.  

This means that, more than likely, whites are being targeted by minorities simply because they are white.  Targeting a person for violent crime for their skin color is generally considered a hate crime.

Given the statistics, it strongly suggests that hate crime prosecutions are generally not pursued for minority offenders, even in cases where there is strong evidence to support that the crime has racially motivated.

There may be valid reasons why the statistics are skewed, but it certainly looks like things are out of whack, and given the subject matter, it's not one that the government is going to look into very hard.  God forbid we find out that other people besides whites are racist.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Hate crimes are especially dangerous because people guilty of genuine hate crimes cant be appeased by their actions since the scope of their hate is too large to deal with.

A guy hates the man that rapes his wife so he kills him. odds are he will never kill again

A person that kills another because of race will never be appeased, so what you have a very dangerous individual with almost serial killer like tendecies, where their struggle is ongoing without resolution no matter how many are harmed in the process
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There was a murder in Seattle, during the Fat Tuesday riots where a white man was killed when he tried to pull a white woman out of a crowd of blacks who were beating and stripping her. When they caught the black man who beat the white man to death with a fire extinguisher, he said he was at war with white people and he killed the man because he was white.

It couldn't have possibly been more overtly racist. He was never charged with a hate crime and did less than two years for the killing.

Whenever I see these stories, I am reminded of what it is like, here in my own State. Doesn't seem much better.

I've heard enough about "Tolerance".

What did we really expect?

I mean really ?

Eric The(BraveNewWorld,OrSimplyTheJungle?)Hun

Ban QuietShootr!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He made the reference to statistics, not this little penguin.

And I posted a reference for them...your response...<crickets>

That doesn't say anything about your claim about the nature of the reporting system, you assume that I guess?

Your response is not much better than the crickets' response.

Try again.

Eric The(Responsible)Hun

It helps if you read the previous posts. Bicker with someone else this afternoon

I read everyone's previous post, including yours.

And I think you should settle, Counselor.

Eric The(SoonerRatherThanLater)Hun
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:34:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look into the stastitics at interracial rape.  Majority of the victims are white.  The primary difference between stastitics gathering is that when a white attacks a black, it's assumed to be a hate crime, and when a black attacks a white, it's assumed to not be a hate crime unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  Ex: Wichita, Kansas slayings.  Not considered a hate crime.

What statistics are those and what proof do you have that white victims are assumed to be the victims of a hate crime while victims of other races are assumed not to be?

Well, I can sure tell you about some anecdotal evidence. Watch the news....

Here in Buffalo, we had an incident where some white kids beat up some black kids, it was charged as (or at least investigated as) a hate crime. The black kids friends then jumped some white kids. No hate crime....go figure.

Any time I see anyhting on the news with white and black crime, the term hate crime always comes up. Other way around...business as usual.

What were the white kids charged with and what were the black kids charged with? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but how it was portrayed in the news does not mean that it was actually charged that way or reported statistically that way.

Well, ultimately, it doesn't matter what they are charegd with, people never see that. They see whats on the 6 o' clock news. Thats what people remember....unfortunately.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top