Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
lessee...an ar15...tactical entry stock or at least a tactical telestock (bonus points for 6-position correctlly used with body armor)...tactical ris, ras or rah rail system (bonus points for mil-marked slot positions)...tactical laser (bonus points for having a laZer)...tactical flashlight (bonus points for any any brand used by ninjas)...tactical flash suppressor (bonus points for any muzzle device guaranteed to protect the warranty of your night vision goggles)...tactical forward vertical grip (bonus points for hold gun like al paccino in the movie "heat")...

oh yeah...only use .223 ammo that penetrates flesh and shatters bone but stopped dead by 1/2" drywall (bonus points if ammo has "blended metal" in the name or is listed on the internet as "for defensive use").

maximum bonus points awarded for firing al 30 rounds into the night sky as you run around in your underwear.

call me old fashioned, but i still like my 1911 and scattergun.

Please point me to the correct establishment, where I might purchase these fine Ninja Endorsed Flashlights you make mention of.

Further...I am not familar with this "laZer"...perhaps you meant "l4z0rz!"?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
XM109

www.gun-world.net/USA/Barrett/xm109.jpg

www.barrettrifles.com/military/images/109b.jpg

OK, dumb question: Can civy's buy the XM109?

Yes, if Barrett chooses to sell any to the civilian market.  

You're SOL if you're in a state that bans 50's, though,  so if you're in California, get yours quick before the 50 ban takes effect!

The XM109 is semiautomatic, .50 caliber, has at least a 16 inch barrel,  and isn't an NFA firearm.  So it's not illegal by federal law.

CJ

Maybe I missed something; it says the XM109 is a 25 mm.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I know I don't feel the least bit under armed with a shotgun at the ready, especially at "inside the house" range.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes, I am jonesing for another shotgun. Remington 1187 Police, 20" barrel.

Would anyone recommend this one?

...Anyone that doesn't recommend a Remington 1187 is probably anti-gun, dude.

Legendary firearm. People will still be using it 50 years from now.

Along with the 870, models like the Mossy 500/590 and others will remain some of the most popular shotties around - with good reason.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The single most devastating firearm a person can wield?

The single most devastating weapon a person can wield?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, CJ.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
XM109

oh... and Barrett is looking to score a BIG contract on this to be used as a cheap anti-vehicle ordnance. If they can get the Pentagon to bite on this one, I suspect they might drop out of the 50 cal market for a while, like Knight, to crank these out.

Also, even if you had one, I think the round is proprietary to General Dynamics (could be wrong) – so you could not even get ammo for it.    
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.whitefang.com/brain.jpg

Which directory is it that makes me a billionaire and have sex with thousands of women?

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.inel.gov/featurestories/images/shotgun.jpg

DING!DING!DING!DING!.........."We have a winner!"
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The first can't make up for the second.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my 1187P, its light, smooth and cycles non-stop.  If it had ghost rings I'd like it better than my Benelli M1 S90 Tactical.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Easy to change barrels on the 1187P?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:02:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The second can't make up for the inability to use the first.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I like my double barreled 12 ga. Put some serious hurt on a perp.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#17]
My trusty 12 gauge double barrel.  With it I can decoy and break wind.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My trusty 12 gauge double barrel.  With it I can decoy and break wind.

A shotgun for that?  I find that some beans and some guy I can point to and wrinkle my nose usually does nicely.  

Mike
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:42:47 AM EDT
[#19]
+1000

Quoted:

Quoted:
The single most devastating firearm a person can wield is the shotgun.

I have never seen a topic breed such pure unadulterated ignorance as the shotgun....

It gets proven EVERYTIME theres a thread about it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I live down here in Texas.  I prefer the chainsaw.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I was thinking one a person can wield, i.e. be mobile with.

Huh??

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ok........Which weapon should I grab if:

Someone is on your property at night, uninvited

Claymore

Someone has rang your doorbell and you don't know them

Claymore

Someone is trying to enter your home

Definitely claymore!

Someone has entered your home

Several claymores

And you live in a single family dwelling in town??

Halon fire suppression system.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My vote for the MK19. Rip the legs off and get a sling on that thing. It'll make you a sexual tyranasaurus just like me.

LMFAO
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Suitcase nuke.

Case closed.

CJ

Kinda useless for home defense though

"We had to destroy the village home in order to save it...."
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#25]
The most devastating gun a person can weild is the one they know so intimately that it takes a serious act of stupidity for them to miss with it.  Beware the man who owns only 1 gun.  A .22 lr is devastating in the hands of one who knows how to use it to its best advantage.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Shoulder fired weapon available to civilians in all 50 states with no tax stamp?  

I would think the .700 Nitro Express would  be teh winnah.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would say the most devastating firearm would be an unloaded one.  Those seem to be the cause of most self inflicted wounds (death).

Ditto.

I did some consulting work for a guy who blew off a considerable chunk of his right shoulder cleaning an 'unloaded' shotgun.  I swear, his IQ must have been about 90.  He was dumber than a stump.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you win the dumbass statement of the week award!

What's your answer - Beretta CX4?

absolutely not. but keep making a fool out of yourself, it's funny!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#29]
This is kind of  "Old School", but a M1928A1 Thompson SMG with a 50 round drum would be a bitch to be on the wrong end of... lots of dead Germans and Japanese would probably agree with me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#30]
M60 or the newer M240.  Now that Rock'n'Roll baby.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well,I know that it must be devastating cause after WWII the germans tried to get it banned from war in the Geneva Convention.

I think that was WW I, and they were particularly pissed at the Marines, but your point is taken.

The single most devastating firearm a person can wield

if the person knows how to wield it. If they don't know how to wield it, it is just noisemaker that can do alot of damage to the wielder, the wielder's house, and possibly the attackers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#32]
The bad thing about using a shotgun to defend your house is that you will shoot the shit out of your house as well as the intruder.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The bad thing about using a shotgun to defend your house is that you will shoot the shit out of your house as well as the intruder.

That's why you shoot him in the face.  duh

HOOAH
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#34]
MG-42 with plenty of ammo.  A D-Day vet told me that was the most terrifying and small arms weapon they faced, one wiped out most of his platoon.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh - I don't even own a shotgun.     I guess I'll be completely unable to defend myself if someone attacks  

I keep thinking I ought to get one (like a lever-action rifle) but I never seem to get around to it.

For home defense, I've got a 1911 with a couple of full mags.  If anything more serious is needed, the 1911 will no doubt get me to the gun room, and then I'll break out the ARs, garands, bolt rifles or whatever is needed (depending on whether we are talking zombies, aliens, or bigfeet).
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#36]
You guys are slipping....

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a marine and his rifle. It is your killer instinct which must be harnessed if you expect to survive in combat. Your rifle is only a tool. It is a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth..."

(and I'm not even a Marine; former or active duty).

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Well,I know that it must be devastating cause after WWII the germans tried to get it banned from war in the Geneva Convention.

You mean World War I.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
XM109

No, as it's 25mm.  That's about 100 caliber,  well into DD range.  

50 caliber's the limit, federally speaking.  Anything larger than that MAY be declared a DD by the BATFE,  but its being beyond 50 caliber does NOT automatically make it a DD.   If BATFE says it's not a DD,  it's legal.

But...yes, you can get one.   Pay the 200 dollar transfer tax and you can buy a DD.  Pretty much the same restrictions apply as if you were buying a fully automatic weapon.

BUT....depending on the type of ammo you want to use, the AMMO might have a transfer tax of 200 dollars PER ROUND, too.    HE rounds would certainly be DDs.    Regular non-explosive, non-incendiary ammo should be fine.   But at a price of maybe 18 bucks a shot.

CJ

Barrett won't sell them as DOD contracts include a no-sell-to-civvies clause
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh - I don't even own a shotgun.     I guess I'll be completely unable to defend myself if someone attacks  

Don't worry DK, I'll grab a microphone/tape recorder & tape the sound of a pump shotgun being charged for you (any pref between Mossy/Remington/Stevens or Winchester?  There's a slight diff in sound between each).  That's all you need anyways, don'tcha know?  Why bother with the actual shotgun, the badguy will wet himself from the mere sound of a shotty being pumped
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
(depending on whether we are talking zombies, aliens, or bigfeet).

You know what they say about guys with big feet. He could have the most devastating "weapon".
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#42]
The rifle, pistol, or shotgun that is closest to me when the threat arises......

Cop out answer but true. If it's in another room and they've kicked your door in and are standing in the den between you and your firearms, you're fucked.

I usually have a .45 pistol close by whilst I'm in the den.

Other pistols are stashed in a couple of places in the house.

And in the bedroom is a cocked and locked AK with a 40 rounder, AND a 12 gauge pump shotgun.

My Thompson is a semi.  

I think a full auto Tommygun with an L or C drum would be the most devastating and deadly in the house....  short barrelled, easy to control....230 grain .45 acps at 650 rpm.....what's not to like?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I think a full auto Tommygun with an L or C drum would be the most devastating and deadly in the house....  short barrelled, easy to control....230 grain .45 acps at 650 rpm.....what's not to like?

How many people are you expecting to be barging into your house ???  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many people are you expecting to be barging into your house ???  

None.  But the question was the most devastating or effective weapon a person could yeild....

I just like .45's....thus my user id and I love Tommyguns...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#45]
My wife and I have a Mossberg Cruiser...20" barrel...8-shot...pistol grip...got it for only $199 at a gun show.  For relatively low cost, ease of use, and devastating close-range power, it's hard to top a 12-gauge shotgun...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
MG-42 with plenty of ammo.  A D-Day vet told me that was the most terrifying and small arms weapon they faced, one wiped out most of his platoon.

www.455th.ukpc.net/tomfeise/455th/audie1.jpg

A MG-42 is only a device to fear as much as it was under engagements under 100 yards.

Truthfully, I'd be much more afraid of the MG34. There are accounts of German MG crews SNIPING allies with '34s.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I strongly disagree.  The MG42 is the best belt-fed aircooled MG ever built.

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.455th.ukpc.net/tomfeise/455th/audie1.jpg

A MG-42 is only a device to fear as much as it was under engagements under 100 yards.

Truthfully, I'd be much more afraid of the MG34. There are accounts of German MG crews SNIPING allies with '34s.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The second can't make up for the inability to use the first.

Anyone that doesnt have the ability to use the first,
Isnt using the second now are they?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I strongly disagree.  The MG42 is the best belt-fed aircooled MG ever built.

And, I strongly disagree with you since it's base of fire was limited due to its ungodly rate of fire.

You can set up a 1919A4, and with enough ammo and barrels, keep firing all day. I want to see this done to a MG42/MG3. I really would. Firing 2 hours worth of ammo in a MG42 would be in the tens of thousands of rounds.

Not to mention, it's no where near as accurate as a MG34. A MG34 could offer sustainability, mobility, and a sustained base (with tripod) that would allow for long range and long term deployment. The MG42 was more of a "Stay still in a firefight and advertise to the enemy where you are and then die" MG.

Not to mention, a M240... Well, that's probably the real answer to the best air-cooled MG.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Blech, I've had a bad experience with an 11-87, every 1100 I've ever dealt with has functioned awesome, but the 11-87 I used was absolute crap. It would fail to fully eject empty shells on many occasions, a lot of times it was RIGHT after it was cleaned and lubricated properally according to Remington. It was just trouble. I love every 1100 I have ever used, so I have nothing against Rem. semi shotguns.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top