Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Dude, UFO was a cool show. The music, the cars, Commander Bishop and Colonel Stryker?
They had some seriously cool though cheesy minatures in that show. Use to watch it every Saturday evening on channel 9 in NYC.
Can you get UFO on DVD?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Good grief, man! Don't you think I can tell the difference between a space station and the MOON?

[Zaphod] That's no moon... It's a SPACE STATION!!!

Sorry bud... couldn't resist!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.geocities.com/smartmod.geo/Grafiken/Ufo/ufo9.jpg
Dude, UFO was a cool show. The music, the cars, Commander Bishop and Colonel Stryker?
They had some seriously cool though cheesy minatures in that show. Use to watch it every Saturday evening on channel 9 in NYC.
Can you get UFO on DVD?

Yup
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can you get UFO on DVD?

Yes.  Almost all the stuff that Gerry Anderson did is on DVD now.

I have Fireball XL-5, Supercar, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, UFO and the first season of Space:1999 (Gerry bowed out after the first season and it went south).
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
mmmmmm Princess Ardala

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good grief, man! Don't you think I can tell the difference between a space station and the MOON?

[Zaphod] That's no moon... It's a SPACE STATION!!!

Sorry bud... couldn't resist!

OH! That was AWFUL!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

OH! That was AWFUL!

You have to admit, it's kind of odd that it took as long as it did for someone to say it!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you get UFO on DVD?

Yup

Cool!!!! I just bought it, Sci-fi Nerd-vana
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Remember the buck Roger in the 25th century show?
Erin Gray was the only reason to watch it
www.scifi.com/buckrogers/cast/images/eringray.jpg

In 1997 I met her in person. Considering it had been some years since Buck Rogers aired, Ms Gray was aging well.

I was managing a production studio and she was one of the program's producers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:01:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Buck Rogers?

Wowsers. I haven't thought about that show in a long time.

But now my whole day will be spent going: BEE DEE BEE DEE BEE DEE.

Only on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Remember the buck Roger in the 25th century show?
Erin Gray was the only reason to watch it

Wow, does that bring back junior high  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:23:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yeah, Cartoon.

And I'm 30, maybe I was 5-6 Y/O, dunno.

Was the one where they retrofitted a battleship to go to another planet to bring back technology to save the world, lots of dogfights and stuff, was very cool at that age anyway.

Japanese cartoons were so much better than US stuff back then...

Yeah, but I have trouble believing that I thought this:

was attractive.

Erin Gray we all can agree on, but ouch it hurts to see Nova.

IBT BOTD warning.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Erin Gray................yes....................Splurt!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#14]
What about the animated cartoon where the heros all traveled in a super space ship...but had individual modes of transport...one kid had a motor cycle that would come out of the nose of the ship, another had a jet that launched off the top of the ship. The main ship also had pop-up missle launchers that would feed the missles like a 1911 magazine.

IIRC the kid on the bike was always dressed in yellow, the chick in the plane always dressed in blue....

Had to be mid to late '70s
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#15]
She is still a hottie.

I had a blind date with her. She was repulsed by my mono-brow.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:44:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What about the animated cartoon where the heros all traveled in a super space ship...but had individual modes of transport...one kid had a motor cycle that would come out of the nose of the ship, another had a jet that launched off the top of the ship. The main ship also had pop-up missle launchers that would feed the missles like a 1911 magazine.

IIRC the kid on the bike was always dressed in yellow, the chick in the plane always dressed in blue....

G-Force/Battle of the Planets?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:46:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like Battle of the Planets.

I watched Buck Rogers and Space: 1999.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:49:54 AM EDT
[#19]
+1
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:52:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah yes!
And the main ship was called The Phoenix....that brings back some memories........
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#21]
She was hanging out with Adam Baldwin and the others from firefly at DragonCon last year. She kinda looked like a groupie...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Had one heck of a kick-ass opening music score....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#23]
OMFG!!!! I can't believe I forgot about Space: 1999!!!! I used to watch the reruns of that on Saturday afternoons! If it's available on DVD, I think I just found something else to buy and watch that will drive my wife crazy!!!

I'll third wanting to fuck Col. Deering through the TV.

When the first commercials for Battlestar Galactica came on, it was advertised as coming on at 2100 hrs. I watched the commercials with my jaw on the floor then, very insistantly, informed my mom that I was gonna watch it. She raised an eyebrow then informed me that I would have to ask my father about it since my bedtime was at 2000 hrs. In the end, through whining and a temper tantrum, I got my way. Good times!!!

Bub
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:08:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
erin grey = progunner

dont forget Princess Ardala

Yeah Ardala always wearing, well, seems like not much and trying to get into Buck's pants every chance she could get!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:24:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Was the one where they retrofitted a battleship to go to another planet to bring back technology to save the world, lots of dogfights and stuff, was very cool at that age anyway.

The show was called Star Blazers.  I watched in religiously on Saturday monring cartoons in the 70s.  
All 3 series are out on DVD now if you want to relive your childhood, like I am :)

Star Blazers website
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top