User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try'em and FRY'em. No sense in spending all of the money feeding and housing their asses for the rest of their lives.

I read once it costs more to execute someone than to imprission them for life...  I don't know how true that is.

That is correct.  Its is many times more expensive to execute a prisoner than it is to lock them up and throw away the key.

But again that is only because of the way the appeals process has been distorted and abused.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I voted unsure mainly for this reason.  How do you balance the need for some people to be executed (which some plainly deserve) with the possability of executing an innocent person.

Because they are not innocent, they are not even not guilty.
They have been found guilty by a jury and sentenced to death.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
What happened yesterday makes me proud to live in Ohio.  That murder deserved to die.  Killed a man for $15 and then tried to say it was the victims fault because he "moved".  Fuck him, may he rot in hell.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Death Row Marv 'doll'. Everytime someone is executed in Texas I activate it, dance, and laugh.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#5]
There have been cases where a Lifer has killed a fellow inmate or a guard. That wouldn't be possible if the Lifer was fried instead.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good riddance to a POS. He & his buddy admit that they were doped up and drunk when they
robbed the two guys.
His quote,

"I'm more valuable alive than dead"
just floors me. Valuable for what? Sucking up our
tax dollars while you rot in prison? Maybe if we used you for medical experimentation it might be a
slight payoff, but otherwise, sorry, no tears shed here.

Color me jaded, but I can speak from experience when I say that seeing the oxygen-thief who killed
my fiancee do the kickin'-chicken would be one of the highlights of my life. I'd go home and not lose
a wink of sleep over it. Hell, I'd volunteer to drop the hammer on him myself, but they won't allow
that, so.....

Could you elaborate?  If not, I understand.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top