Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]

135. I think I will call 911 if I see someone in a public place carrying a gun.
Someone carrying a gun in a public place is immature and unstable and should be reported. Responsible gun owner don't carry their weapons in public, they are locked up safely at home. That's what's taught in gun safety classes.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe that was a troll post, but if he felt so helpless in that situation maybe he should arm himself. Equal footing. If you're so scared of firearms maybe you should learn to grow past that fear and train yourself. Don't be an animal. Be a man. Your self-defense and existence are ultimately up to you as that's the only person whom you can control.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you read an entire thread on DU without having to click each post and reload the page   ?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Giffords was shot just outside a grocery store, so yeah, it happens.

What a pantywaist.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

it's all about feelings with those vaginas
View Quote

That. But, in more scholarly terms:

John Locke believed that the most basic human law of nature is the preservation of mankind. To serve that purpose, he reasoned, individuals have both a right and a duty to preserve their own lives (murderers, however, forfeit their right to life since they act outside the law of reason), and to secure men from the attempts of a criminal. Locke also argued that individuals should be free to make choices about how to conduct their own lives as long as they do not interfere with the liberty of others.

My bearing arms has certainly never infringed on another's rights. Their freedom of speech is certainly trying to infringe on my rights.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

John Locke believed that the most basic human law of nature is the preservation of mankind. To serve that purpose, he reasoned, individuals have both a right and a duty to preserve their own lives (murderers, however, forfeit their right to life since they act outside the law of reason), and to secure men from the attempts of a criminal. Locke also argued that individuals should be free to make choices about how to conduct their own lives as long as they do not interfere with the liberty of others.

My bearing arms has certainly never infringed on another's rights. Their freedom of speech is certainly trying to infringe on my rights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I repeat often.

The mere presence of a gun does not infringe on anyone's rights.

It is possible to exercise rights in conflict with other's rights too.

But merely possessing and carrying a gun (in a holster) on public property infringes no one's rights.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

An armed society is a polite society, so mind your fuckin' manners.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"... But, I just felt like they were somehow inhibiting my freedom to speech.
... I felt very conscious of all of my movements, like I was being watched, like a penned up animal at the zoo.
... I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.
I felt like I had been silenced. ...

An armed society is a polite society, so mind your fuckin' manners.  

He didn't want to HAVE to mind his manners.

I bet he's a huuuuuuuuuge douche when he feels unrestrained.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess he felt he needed to be polite. An armed society and all.

EDTA: by just a few seconds.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Not that it really matters, but how did that idiot know it wasn't a plain clothes cop of some sort?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#10]
You know...sometimes when I see people on this forum, many of whom have "been there, done that" and lived way more exciting lives than I have... I start to question how "manly" and "tough" I am. Sometimes I feel like I'm a total pussy compared to some of the stuff I see some people on here do on a regular basis. A lot of it stems from my not ever being able to serve in the military...

Then I read a gem like this from DU, and I feel like Superman with balls of solid titanium.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Unless he was planning to use his "freedom of speech" to say something that would have caused a fight, this guy's rights weren't impeded.

Either way, he's a motherfucking pussy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

This is  very telling. I think one of the major differences between the liberal mindset and the conservative mindset is the need to control things.

One of my best teachers (5th grade)  taught me that the most important guarantee in the Constitution is this:

"The Constitution guarantees that, from time to time, you will be offended.  It allows people to do and say as they please, and you aren't going to agree with every choice that other people make. Some folk's choices are really going to bother you. As long as their choices don't harm other people, you need to get over it. "

I teach this to my third graders now.
View Quote
Ironic, considering how they [and we] choose to label themselves[them].

I prefer to refer to them as leftists.... since in reality, there is NOTHING liberal about being a "liberal".

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Translation: I realized today that I'm a total pussy, and need someone to change everyone else's behavior so I don't have to keep feeling bad about it.

View Quote

Well put.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]
That lib's confused discomfort stems from a base realization that force is at the base of all true power.

Not speech, not feelings...force. Speech and feelings can build a consensus of force, but underneath all power is force.

It's an uncomfortable realization for those too simple to confront and understand unpleasant ideas.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lesson for the day: keep libtards quiet by open carrying
View Quote

It doesn't always work.

Friday I was at a restraunt getting takeout and a guy came in OCing, only to have the cashier go off on him with "Uh.. I KNOW you didn't just bring THAT in here!"

Half of us told her to STFU and that she was talking out of her ass, but she was not to be deterred.

I'm not done with her.... She made specific claims of the legalities of the guy and his gun which I know to be false. I know the county in which this happened is one of the most pro-gun in this state. I know that she's not the owner. Yeah, I'm not done with her.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Freedom of speech is a limitation on the government's ability to silence you. It has no applicability in this situation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's really sad when the adult population is being held hostage by children.

Bizarro world doesn't even come close to explaining this shit.
View Quote

This. It's a "I HATE YOU DADDY! YOU'RE A BIG MEANY AND I HATE YOU!!! Oh, can I haz money?"
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Fucking absurd. What a giant pussy. What if Lou Ferigno was in line behind him? Would he fear the guy might hulk out and rip his arms off? Maybe the guy just had a mean or angry face for some reason. Would he be afraid that the guy might attack him because of this?

What a fucking douche.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Too bad that guy doesn't have a person familiar with guns in his life.
My father had me take a gun safety course when I was 14. He didn't own a gun, and I didn't touch a gun until I was 32.
He also made sure I was safe and comfortable with fire, power tools, chemicals, etc.
Life is a lot more interesting and productive if you aren't afraid of everything
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#23]
So basically this shit stain is a pussy?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd hate to be that handicapped.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Something tells me that my beard would make that pussy piss his pants, nevermind my pistol.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#27]
That has to be a troll post - a perfectly executed troll post.

If that is real, holy shit. Absolute insanity. It's too bad we don't live in an era where you can say whatever you want and get your ass kicked for it proper like. Then we could have our cake and eat it, too.

Guns are for real threats the like of which it's clear he has never seen up close and personal.

Quoted:
You know...sometimes when I see people on this forum, many of whom have "been there, done that" and lived way more exciting lives than I have... I start to question how "manly" and "tough" I am. Sometimes I feel like I'm a total pussy compared to some of the stuff I see some people on here do on a regular basis. A lot of it stems from my not ever being able to serve in the military...

Then I read a gem like this from DU, and I feel like Superman with balls of solid titanium.
View Quote

This post put a smile on my face.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fucking absurd. What a giant pussy. What if Lou Ferigno was in line behind him? Would he fear the guy might hulk out and rip his arms off? Maybe the guy just had a mean or angry face for some reason. Would he be afraid that the guy might attack him because of this?

What a fucking douche.

View Quote

Eh, he bought a well packaged product that is pushed on him relentlessly.
Sad
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If that is real, holy shit. Absolute insanity. It's too bad we don't live in an era where you can say whatever you want and get your ass kicked for it proper like. Then we could have our cake and eat it, too.

Guns are for real threats the like of which it's clear he has never seen up close and personal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to believe that was a troll but I doubt it. The males you see now days in many cases are pathetic. Many young males in our country couldn't start a fire, change a tire our paddle a canoe. I could easily see a modern day hipster, metrosexual or hippie posting that.

What a pussy.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Emotions over Logic.  

Wanna be a absolute satan worshiping shit stirrer?  Technically speaking, he or she PROFILED that person with the gun.  Every word of the cunts mouth indicates that without a doubt he or she profiled that person.  Kinda like how Zimmerman "profiled" Trayvon...amiright?

View Quote

Yep. It's classic example of projection.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So I like to see what the other side is thinking or talking about. So I went to DU and came across this gem. This person started a thread about how carrying a gun violates other peoples free speech.

Here is the persons post that starts the thread which is titled, "The grocery store, the gun, and my free speech rights"

"Earlier today before I mowed the lawn and had to take some allergy pills, I was at the grocery store. There in the line behind me, when I was checking out, was someone carrying a gun on their hip. I didn't say anything. It's totally legal here in my state, after all. But, I just felt like they were somehow inhibiting my freedom to speech. I can't exactly figure out the how, or the why, or the what of the whole thing.

Maybe I was afraid to speak to the cashier? Maybe I thought that something would happen if I made a sudden move? Like if I pulled out my wallet too fast, the crazy person behind me would think I'm going for a knife to shank him, or somebody else? I mean, who needs a gun in the freaking grocery store? That meat you're buying is already dead, I promise you won't have to shoot it. I felt very conscious of all of my movements, like I was being watched, like a penned up animal at the zoo.

When I got out to my car, I just sat behind the steering wheel, angry. I wrapped my fingers tightly around the wheel, and just sat there, all tense, feeling uneasy, and flustered about the whole ordeal. I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

I felt like I had been silenced. I felt like you would after being admonished by an authority figure, when you have no rebuttal. I felt like a child who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I felt like I was the one who had done something wrong.

Why did I feel this way? I'm still pissed about it. If I can figure out why, I can fight it next time. Sorry for venting".

Link to the thread.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=3305313
View Quote

He's right: he WAS the one who had done something wrong: he put FEELINGS ahead of all rational thought, basic logic, and common sense.

Anybody have a throwaway DU account to go post such a reply?

ETA for quote highlight improvement.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Unfortunately it's probably not a troll post. I know people who, because of years of indoctrination, have developed similar irrational fears.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hilarious.  

It gets even better.  Same bozo from the same linked thread:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hilarious.  

It gets even better.  Same bozo from the same linked thread:

I'm just not sure how should I react if there is a next time, so I don't feel like I'm being stifled, trampled, or pent-up. Do you say something? Do you make eye contact? I might have to practice in front of a mirror, so I can look confident.

You have to be kidding me?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#35]
i wouldnt feel threatened unless he pulled it and threatened me.

fucking pussies have no way to understand a holstered pistol is a fucking holstered pistol.  do they get bent out of shape for the 3.5" spyderco knife i carry?  nope, but its arguably more dangerous at that distance than the fucking pistol is......
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not that it really matters, but how did that idiot know it wasn't a plain clothes cop of some sort?
View Quote

That's a good question.  Who knows, maybe the guy was a cop and had a badge...  I have a few liberal family members who believe even COPS shouldn't carry, even while on the job...  
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

At the top of the page next to the thread title it says "view all", click on that and scroll down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you read an entire thread on DU without having to click each post and reload the page?

At the top of the page next to the thread title it says "view all", click on that and scroll down.

This, except that the blue view all doesn't appear until there are a certain number of replies.  Then you just scroll down past the tree to the actual posts.

I remember that format back from the dial-up days of the early web.  It let you browse the thread without loading it all or alternatively click 'read all' and go get a beer while it loaded...

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I read the original DU post aloud in my 3 year old's presence.

His response?

"Mommy, that was spooky."

God bless my son. At 3 years old, he already gets it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The other side of the story:

"Dear Arfcom,

I was at the grocery store the other day when this guy in front of me in line wearing an Obama 2012 shirt started acting all squirrelly. I OC, especially in grocery stores and Walmart to keep guys from staring at my wife's ass, and this dude couldn't stop staring at my handgun and then at the cashier. I was so concerned he was going to rob the store that I bladed at 45 and got ready to draw on him when he finally paid for his food, well, if you can call using an EBT card paying, and made his way to the exit.

What the fuck is wrong with these people? It's bad enough that we pay for their food and housing, do they really have to act strange around us and make those around them feel uncomfortable? I'll bet that cashier was checking her six the entire way to her car that night."
View Quote

Brilliant!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I
Quoted:
So I like to see what the other side is thinking or talking about. So I went to DU and came across this gem. This person started a thread about how carrying a gun violates other peoples free speech.

Here is the persons post that starts the thread which is titled, "The grocery store, the gun, and my free speech rights"

"Earlier today before I mowed the lawn and had to take some allergy pills, I was at the grocery store. There in the line behind me, when I was checking out, was someone carrying a gun on their hip. I didn't say anything. It's totally legal here in my state, after all. But, I just felt like they were somehow inhibiting my freedom to speech. I can't exactly figure out the how, or the why, or the what of the whole thing.

Maybe I was afraid to speak to the cashier? Maybe I thought that something would happen if I made a sudden move? Like if I pulled out my wallet too fast, the crazy person behind me would think I'm going for a knife to shank him, or somebody else? I mean, who needs a gun in the freaking grocery store? That meat you're buying is already dead, I promise you won't have to shoot it. I felt very conscious of all of my movements, like I was being watched, like a penned up animal at the zoo.

When I got out to my car, I just sat behind the steering wheel, angry. I wrapped my fingers tightly around the wheel, and just sat there, all tense, feeling uneasy, and flustered about the whole ordeal. I felt like I wasn't in control of the situation inside of that store at all.

I felt like I had been silenced. I felt like you would after being admonished by an authority figure, when you have no rebuttal. I felt like a child who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I felt like I was the one who had done something wrong.

Why did I feel this way? I'm still pissed about it. If I can figure out why, I can fight it next time. Sorry for venting".

Link to the thread.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=3305313
View Quote

Gee...he feels "silenced".  What a shame.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

i wouldnt feel threatened unless he pulled it and threatened me.

fucking pussies have no way to understand a holstered pistol is a fucking holstered pistol.  do they get bent out of shape for the 3.5" spyderco knife i carry?  nope, but its arguably more dangerous at that distance than the fucking pistol is......
View Quote

Not to mention the havoc potential of the car he was deflustering in.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Did he FEEL the 1000 yard Wolf Stare?

Fucking pussy, bet he sits down to pee..
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#43]
A lot of people out there like that.  I made the mistake one day of telling a co-worker I like to play flight sims.  No rational thinking person would connect such a hobby to being a terrorist or a desire to fly planes into buildings.

People like this just aren't on the left either.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He felt like he did something wrong because he did.  He assumed someone exercising their rights was crazy for doing so.  He got angry at them for no sane reason at all.
View Quote

This was a "he"? What a bitch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#45]
The person that NEEDED a gun in the grocery store is dead.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#46]
there is all kinds of stupid in that thread.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Jesus tapdancing Christ.

What a pathetic little bitch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I know exactly why s/he feels that way.  They're a fucking pussy who can't tolerate any ideas but their own.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#49]

His tune will change when someone is raping him or his family, then he'll wish he had a strong enough vagina to buy a gun.

ETA: Tell him to read The Wichita Horror and see how he "feels" when he's finished reading.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top