BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a specific one, but I love every single one of those stick figure warnings. The best ones are on farm equipment...
View Quote

Hah my 3 year old son loves those.. every time he sees one he points and says "Hey, what's that guy doin?" with a big smile on his face.  There was actually a web site about the stick figure guy, about all the stuff he's gone though, as if it was actually a real guy who got shocked, chopped, crushed, etc. I'll have to dig that up again...
View Quote

[url]http://www.capnwacky.com/warning/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
PHX AZ  sign between red traffic lights "No Red Light Running" it was in both english and spanish.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]

The physical therapist at my college had his two year old girl drown in a bucket with a few inches of water at the bottom.

She apparently looked a lot like my  young son at the time (red hair, blue eyes). Every time he'd see him he'd pick my boy  up and squeeze him and cry. It used to break my heart.  

sorry about the change of tone but those buckets are DANGEROUS to kids.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the one you see on some five-gallon plastic pails: WARNING: Don't let children play in bucket of water, drowning may occur.[rolleyes]
View Quote

Helldog several years ago when I was deputy we investigated a possible child abuse case. The parents used an old dry wall mud bucket to soak soiled diapers in. Their two year old child was playing in the bucket and fell head first into it and they did not know. Because the buckets are very stable and don’t tip over and the shape pins the child in they drown. At first we thought it was a case of child abuse (homicide) after doing some research and our investigation we found out that it was not that rare that children were drowning in these buckets. It was not long after that incident that I began to see the warning labels. Every time I see this warning it is a very nasty reminder of the incident.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have always liked those SLOW CHILDREN signs.
View Quote

Yea but whats wryly fun is the Yellow Caution Blind Children Playing sign.  Makes you wont to stop and watch !! It's got to be funny right. Tag your it. BAM! Damn Tree.

Yea I know I'm Morbid !
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the labels on the bottles of bathroom mildew remover..."Only use in well ventilated area."  Well, hell, if it was well ventilated, I wouln't have the midew problem!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.saao.ac.za/~wpk/gallery/signs/dentures.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#7]
On a particular tricky part of a 4WD road "Passengers Get Out and Walk..." I didn't think too much about it but the flatlanders riding with me bailed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't remeber the exact wording but on the sunvisor in my Jeep is says Jeeps don't perform like passenger cars
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top