You've got to be kidding me.

No.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Metallica, easily.
I heard they are looking to get back in the studio, and that Bob Rock will no longer be producing (Thank God)

Rick Rubin will producing the next studio album from the boys in 'Tallica, which is slated to start recording this fall after a summer festival tour.

Sadly, all of those dates so far are in Europe and Japan...

SG

Where did you hear that about Rick Rubin?

They announced it a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Loudness and Tuff.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
KISS and Spinal Tap

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Metallica, easily.
I heard they are looking to get back in the studio, and that Bob Rock will no longer be producing (Thank God)

Rick Rubin will producing the next studio album from the boys in 'Tallica, which is slated to start recording this fall after a summer festival tour.

Sadly, all of those dates so far are in Europe and Japan...

SG

Where did you hear that about Rick Rubin?

They announced it a couple of weeks ago.

Rubin Announcement
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Green Day is good. Tobad they hate america.

I hate to say it, but American Idiot  is a really, REALLY good album.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
pink and floyd.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Iron Maiden and Queensryche.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
if you mean, FORMED in the last twenty years?  Rock only?  and a band only?  hmmmm....

Coldplay is wicked talented, albums and shows are amazing..... They started out mimicking the greatest band of our time (Radiohead) but have really come into their own recently.

SO I'll include them both.  Radiohead (Coldplay gone electronic) and Coldplay (Radiohead gone rock).
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
U2 & Aerosmith

Uhh, this is a gun board.  Not DU.  The only good U2 album/cd is right on top of a tannerite charge.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Metallica and Black Label Society.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
U2 & Aerosmith

I concur sir!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]
PANTERA
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
U2 & Aerosmith

Uhh, this is a gun board.  Not DU.  The only good U2 album/cd is right on top of a tannerite charge.

It sure would be a shame for him to have his own opinions and interests rather than conform to a stereotype associated with one of his hobbies.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Rock? Social Distortion and....umm....Social Distortion

+1 for social D.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Metallica and Dream Theater (can't belive no one has mentioned those guys)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Sound Garden and Pearl Jam
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think this should be limited to those formed during the last 20 years.

Formed would be difficult - I'd say 'first full album release with the last 20 years'

Metallica was formed about 25 years ago, but their first album was about 20 years ago, iirc.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Formed would be difficult - I'd say 'first full album release with the last 20 years'

Metallica was formed about 25 years ago, but their first album was about 20 years ago, iirc.

Formed in 1981, first album in 1983.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#21]
1986 - 2006?  So many choices over several "eras" of rock music.  I'd have to put Aerosmith in there.  86 would have had the Run DMC revival then Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get a Grip, the movie singles, massive tours, Bobo, on and on.  Look long and hard to find another band that has done 86-06 like the boys from Boston

The other band would be up for debate, but my choice would be U2.  None of the metal bands that have been mentioned have put out anything like Joshua Tree/Rattle & Hum.  You might not have liked what they did, but a shitload of people really have.  The honorable mention list would be about a mile long over this span, but Aerosmith and U2 have my vote.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
heh heh heh he said tool....

I would say Metallica, but, on general principles I am compelled to say F U LARS.  MEtallica is the only band I have ever gone out of my way to download, even though I own all of their albums.   [yeah, I know it's not illegal if you already own it, but it's the principle, not the deed...]

My current Fav's would have to be Linkin Park and Disturbed, although I really like Rammstein...

You laugh at Tool, but your current favorite is Linkin Park??
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Dave Matthews Band  & Widespread Panic, I would also throw in U2, G n' R and Matchbox 20 (talk about an interesting mix)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#24]
what the hells wrong with you guys!.its fuckin' Nirvana
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, all but one of the truly great Metallica albums were released 20+ years ago.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
1986 - 2006?  So many choices over several "eras" of rock music.  I'd have to put Aerosmith in there.  86 would have had the Run DMC revival then Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get a Grip, the movie singles, massive tours, Bobo, on and on.  Look long and hard to find another band that has done 86-06 like the boys from Boston

The other band would be up for debate, but my choice would be U2.  None of the metal bands that have been mentioned have put out anything like Joshua Tree/Rattle & Hum.  You might not have liked what they did, but a shitload of people really have.  The honorable mention list would be about a mile long over this span, but Aerosmith and U2 have my vote.

A shitload of people voted for Kerry, too. It doesn't make them right.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:42:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Iron Maiden and Queensryche.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:34:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sound Garden and Pearl Jam

soundgarden rules, but I wouldn't call them the best.  not prolific enough.  GREAT band thouhg.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:46:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Metallica has sucked the long one for about 15 years, anyone who thinks the crap they pump out today is good should go listen to the albums they cut in the 80's.

+1 on LOUDNESS,  I listen to "Soldier of Fortune" every day at work.

We are the rebels, let it rieieieide!!!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top