BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Use of illegal drugs does have consequences for others.  I.e. Drunk drivng.

Alcohol is legal.

Sex also has consequences such as passing diseases.

Sex is legal.  If you mean prostitution, it's already happening and would be regulated with medical tests, etc.

There is no such thing as free trade as other countries will subsidize their products and impose trade tariffs in addition to lying about product quality.

Then we stop buying their shit and make some of our own.  If we don't buy it they can't sell it to us.

Some laws that people do not like are needed because this is not a perfect world.

I would rather live in a slightly more "dangerous" free world than in a safe gilded cage.

P.S. I came out as libertarian to the right.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
LIBERTARIAN

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 80%.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The only ones in here that are scoring to the right, are the ones who don’t yet understand that the federal government's, as well as local municipalities, over-bloated budgets  DEPEND on drugs being illegal… this allows them to justify there existence.

Heck, start with legalizing marijuana; you would have to instantly let the 30% or so federally incarcerated (that costs puts about $41K/annuall tax burden on each of you).

Think of the reduction in payroll from DEA and the tax revenue we could make if it was sold and taxed like Alcohol and Cigarettes.

If you think that our streets are safer because drugs are illegal, you are only fooling yourself.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
According to the poll I'm a libertarian, but I don't agree with many of the planks of the libertarian party.

I vote Republican.

+1.  No major party or even minor one that I know of represents more than about 50% of my views.  I tend to vote Republican because they're generally better than Dems, but less so lately.

I'm:
Pro-gun
Pro-choice
pro-military, and
pro-WOT.
I'm against recreational drug use, but I have no real problem with discreet personal marijuana use.
I'm for a smaller Fed Gov, but Harry Brown's fantasy $50M government idea is just stupid.
I'm pro-personal-responsibility,
pro-states'-rights,
against uncontrolled immigration, and
against NAFTA.
I don't like gay bashers, but I'm against gay marriage.
I'm for sexual freedom for consenting people of appropriate age.
I don't like people who push their religious beliefs on others, but that also includes athiests who put down religion.  I'm not religious, but who am I to say that I'm better than someone who is religious?  But it pisses me off to no end that I can't buy beer on Sunday if i want.  Government has no business pushing religious views on anyone.

Where does that put me?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
According to the poll I'm a libertarian, but I don't agree with many of the planks of the libertarian party.

I vote Republican.

+1.  No major party or even minor one that I know of represents more than about 50% of my views.  I tend to vote Republican because they're generally better than Dems, but less so lately.

I'm:
Pro-gun
Pro-choice
pro-military, and
pro-WOT.
I'm against recreational drug use, but I have no real problem with discreet personal marijuana use.
I'm for a smaller Fed Gov, but Harry Brown's fantasy $50M government idea is just stupid.
I'm pro-personal-responsibility,
pro-states'-rights,
against uncontrolled immigration, and
against NAFTA.
I don't like gay bashers, but I'm against gay marriage.
I'm for sexual freedom for consenting people of appropriate age.
I don't like people who push their religious beliefs on others, but that also includes athiests who put down religion.  I'm not religious, but who am I to say that I'm better than someone who is religious?

Where does that put me?  

I dunno...but aside from the gay marriage thing (I really don't care if they marry or not) we have mirrored views. My guess is you'll be centrist as from your post: you don't seem to have either hard right or hard left leanings. FWIW: I'd never heard the term "centrist" before taking this test.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FWIW: I'd never heard the term "centrist" before taking this test.

John Kerry was referred to as a "centrist."  It's most often used to sound "average" or "mainstream" when one is really a liberal.  This is most often done by political whores and their lap dogs in the mainstream media.  

You calling me a liberal??? I'll kick your ass!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
FWIW: I'd never heard the term "centrist" before taking this test.

John Kerry was referred to as a "centrist."  It's most often used to sound "average" or "mainstream" when one is really a liberal.  This is most often done by political whores and their lap dogs in the mainstream media.  

You calling me a liberal??? I'll kick your ass!

No, I was just trying to explain.  I guess you weren't paying attention in the fall of 2004.

You can still kick my ass.  I'll let you know when it's enough.  

I wasn't.
Didn't vote for the first time ever.

I spent that fall wishing Reagan's name was on tha ballot.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The quiz is flawed.

First half: all answers are negatively correlated with being conservative (ie, disagree = +2 grids for conservative on the first list). Bottom is for Liberal. Censorship is directly related to the strength and leaning of a government (ie, communists and fascists censor everything equally, just the message is different).

Edit:
That said I'm at the very top-center corner of the chart (libertarian).

BTW, I like this one a lot:
www.okcupid.com/politics

I like that test better.  The lib one had me as a liberal libertarian...

here is what I got from the link above, which more describes me..

You are a

Social Conservative
(31% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(73% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Republican

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness. loc: (-69, 87)
modscore: (44, 19)

Here's me:
 You are a

Social Conservative
(31% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(63% permissive)

Republican

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness.

I really cannot say I am a tried and true republican, though. So neither test wins, IMHO
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Posted by verticalgain

Quoted:
Use of illegal drugs does have consequences for others. I.e. Drunk drivng.

Alcohol is legal.

Sex also has consequences such as passing diseases.

Sex is legal. If you mean prostitution, it's already happening and would be regulated with medical tests, etc.

There is no such thing as free trade as other countries will subsidize their products and impose trade tariffs in addition to lying about product quality.

Then we stop buying their shit and make some of our own. If we don't buy it they can't sell it to us.

Some laws that people do not like are needed because this is not a perfect world.

I would rather live in a slightly more "dangerous" free world than in a safe gilded cage.

P.S. I came out as libertarian to the right.

1. Drunk driving can also include use of illegal drugs as the exact term is DUI, Driving Under the Influence.  Consumption of Alcohol is only legal up to the point you exceed the legal limit.  Some one would have to be crazy to allow someone else to operate machinery when that person is intoxicated/drunk with any mind altering drug.

2.  Not all sexual diseases can be tested for and some have yet to be found.  Currently, there is a belief that MS may actually be sexually transmitted.

3.  Like I said about free trade, not everybody plays fair.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#14]
The OKay cupid test made me...

Social Liberal
(61% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(63% permissive)

Centrist
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#15]
OKCupid results:

You are a

Social Liberal
(61% permissive)

and an...

Economic Moderate
(55% permissive)

Centrist

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness.

Apparently puts me on the borderline between a Libertarian and a Democrat...YUK...stupid tests.  Who started this crap anyway?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some of you guys sound cinical, complaining about how "SHORT" a political quiz is that is called "World's Smallest Political Quiz" do you know how stupid that makes you sound?

These brief points are the CORE of libertarian values. If you agree with these, albiet SIMPLE concepts, this means you are libertarian as well.

Many of the questions are also the core of other political groups. So much so that it with how few questions there are it is very hard to escape being 'libertariaan'

Most hard-core liberals I know score well into the Left Liberal side.  Most hard-core conservatives I know score well into the Right Conservative side.  Most of the marxists I know score over in the left side of Statist Big Government.

I've not seen this thing slant toward libertarianism at all.  It seems to be fairly accurate based on the couple of dozen friends and acquaintences who've taken it who I know well enough to reasonably judge the accuracy of the test.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've not seen this thing slant toward libertarianism at all.  It seems to be fairly accurate based on the couple of dozen friends and acquaintences who've taken it who I know well enough to reasonably judge the accuracy of the test.

Jim

That's scary.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#18]

I am a nut.

On the okcupid test:

You are a
Social Liberal
(60% permissive)

and an...
Economic Conservative
(86% permissive)

Capitalist

I landed squarely on the Nuge..
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
We'll send you to the wall, comrade!

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#20]
On the OKCupid test -

"You are a Social Liberal (68% permissive) and an Economic Conservative (78% permissive). You are best described as a Libertarian. You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness."

GL
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:57:00 AM EDT
[#21]
The first test called me a libertarian.

The second test called me a :

You are a

Social Moderate
(50% permissive)

and an...

Economic Liberal
(38% permissive)

Centrist

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness. loc: (0, -44)
modscore: (23, 30)

My voting habits are not nailed down to any particular political party. I'm a registered Republican, true enough, but I vote for the candidate that I think will do the best job, and who has a stance I can agree with on issues that matter to me. *shrug*.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The quiz is flawed.

First half: all answers are negatively correlated with being conservative (ie, disagree = +2 grids for conservative on the first list). Bottom is for Liberal. Censorship is directly related to the strength and leaning of a government (ie, communists and fascists censor everything equally, just the message is different).

Edit:
That said I'm at the very top-center corner of the chart (libertarian).

BTW, I like this one a lot:
www.okcupid.com/politics

The OKC cupid test is much better, I can't disagree with the result, although the questions were very leading:

You are a

Social Moderate
(43% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(71% permissive)

Capitalist

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness. loc: (-25, 81)
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.theadvocates.org/quiz-score/draw.php?p=9&e=10

Thats the same picture I got.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#25]
 You are a

Social Liberal
(78% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(83% permissive)

Libertarian

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness. loc: (105, 124)
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone not "exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness" on the OKCupid test?

GL
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I spent that fall wishing Reagan's name was on tha ballot.

Despite the histrionics and hand-wringing and fair weather friends rants, GWB is the closest thing to Reagan we will likely have for our lifetimes.  I take great comfort in the degree of vile hatred spewed in his direction every day.  A man can readily be judged by those who hate him.  The people who hate him are the ones I hate.  He's my friend by default.  

Beautifully put!

FWIW, it pegged me as "CENTRIST," which is way off base...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Libertarian
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
1. Drunk driving can also include use of illegal drugs as the exact term is DUI, Driving Under the Influence.  Consumption of Alcohol is only legal up to the point you exceed the legal limit.  Some one would have to be crazy to allow someone else to operate machinery when that person is intoxicated/drunk with any mind altering drug.

I assumed that by drunk you meant drunk, but I see what you mean now.  My problem isn't with unsafe operation of a vehicle, it's with checkpoints that pull over otherwise law abiding drivers.  .08 does different things to different people, as do other drugs both licit and illicit.  If I'm speeding or swerving, write me a ticket regardless of what's causing it.  If I'm stopping on time and obeying the laws of highway safety, leave me alone.

2.  Not all sexual diseases can be tested for and some have yet to be found.  Currently, there is a belief that MS may actually be sexually transmitted.

Then everyone everywhere should stop having sex.  People who go to prostitutes are taking the same risks taken by people who visit tattoo parlors, dentists, doctors, etc.  There's always a risk of horrible disease, but it's a controlled and small risk.

3.  Like I said about free trade, not everybody plays fair.

I'm not sure what you mean by fair.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top