Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Waiting for Tuesday.........I love this show!
Tag!

BIG +1 !

I have all four seasons on DVD and am anxiously awaiting Season 5!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
To be Honest... I think this will be the last season of The Shield.  If they are making Vic quit, I don't see how the show could live in season six.

I could be wrong, but in programs in the past, if something from the first season is brought back up, it is to end the show.  By that I mean Vic shooting the new guy on the Strike Team in season One will finish out the season and the show in a whole.  (Just like Start Trek TNG, first and last show where linked together, just an example) I hope not, but that is what I think...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To be Honest... I think this will be the last season of The Shield.  If they are making Vic quit, I don't see how the show could live in season six.

I could be wrong, but in programs in the past, if something from the first season is brought back up, it is to end the show.  By that I mean Vic shooting the new guy on the Strike Team in season One will finish out the season and the show in a whole.  (Just like Start Trek TNG, first and last show where linked together, just an example) I hope not, but that is what I think...

I have that feeling too.  

But The Strike Team always seems to pull their fat outta the fire!!   And they do it in a way that doesn't make you go, "Awwww, come on, that BS!!".  

I would hate to see the show go away, especially if the quality of the writing stays top notch!!

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Forest Whitaker's character might be one of the most annoying people in television history.

I agree.  I hope Shane kills him as a retirement present to Vic and shoves that pack of gum up his ass.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wonder if Dutch will hook up with Officer Hottie, then kill her after they break up.  I think that is entirely plausible.

You see when Dutch tried to strangle Mexican kid?  A lot of people thought last season they were going to develop him into some kind of crazy after the cat thing.  I think it could be interesting
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just hope Forrest Whitaker knocks of this Vincent Denofiro SVU persona

OOOOuuuch!

That's gonna leave a mark.  I was psuedo-impressed with his performance last night, more than hoping his character turns into an insane heavy by the end of the season (as all the new characters tend to do, but maybe even heavier than the strike team perhaps).

But just like Aceveda's charater (Benito Martinez), the more fans hate him, the more he deserves props for his acting skills.

And does anybody else think this is the last season?  With Vic getting his papers ("That's like in 4 months!") and Claudette getting the vapors - shit is not looking good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And does anybody else think this is the last season?
With Vic getting his papers ("That's like in 4 months!") and Claudette getting the vapors - shit is not looking good.

Well, yes I do to... that is why I said that 4 posts above yours...

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder if Dutch will hook up with Officer Hottie, then kill her after they break up.  I think that is entirely plausible.

You see when Dutch tried to strangle Mexican kid?  A lot of people thought last season they were going to develop him into some kind of crazy after the cat thing.  I think it could be interesting

Dutch isn't developing into something crazy - he's ALWAYS been crazy, and it's getting loose more and more now.  That's why he is so good at catching serial killers.  He's got that normal man on the street look to him that so many killers have.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Lem is screwed.
Dutch is ghey as always.
Vic is a Bigger Badass.
Forest Whitaker's character is annoying as hell.

Great first episode!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just hope Forrest Whitaker knocks of this Vincent Denofiro SVU persona

OOOOuuuch!

That's gonna leave a mark.  I was psuedo-impressed with his performance last night, more than hoping his character turns into an insane heavy by the end of the season (as all the new characters tend to do, but maybe even heavier than the strike team perhaps).
But just like Aceveda's charater (Benito Martinez), the more fans hate him, the more he deserves props for his acting skills.

And does anybody else think this is the last season?  With Vic getting his papers ("That's like in 4 months!") and Claudette getting the vapors - shit is not looking good.

I agree.  This is the best role Forrest Whitacker has ever played.  But then again, compared to his role in Bloodsport almost anything is an improvement.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the CI chicka will let Vic know he's being targeted by IAD.

I think Lemonhead will stay loyal.

G
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I agree.  This is the best role Forrest Whitacker has ever played.  But then again, compared to his role in Bloodsport almost anything is an improvement.

*snicker*

"Duh ... I can't eat this chinese food, it's too hard ... I'm the bad cop."

Worst role ever.

ETA: The "Who Knocked Up Danni" board was hysterical ...

I think it's far too easy to assume it's Vic, it's either going to be completely anti-climactic (some guy she met in a bar) or a HUGE surprise (like Julian).
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think it's far too easy to assume it's Vic, it's either going to be completely anti-climactic (some guy she met in a bar) or a HUGE surprise (like Julian).

I still think it is Vic, that is why his ex-wife doesn't like him at all any more (When she was talking to IAD guy had nothing good to say) and why he was so interested in how Danni was feeling.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still think it is Vic, that is why his ex-wife doesn't like him at all any more (When she was talking to IAD guy had nothing good to say) and why he was so interested in how Danni was feeling.

Was she pregnant at the end of season 4?  If so, I don't remember it at all.  Did she just suddenly show up in a family way on last night's episode?

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was she pregnant at the end of season 4?  If so, I don't remember it at all.  Did she just suddenly show up in a family way on last night's episode?

Good Question.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#16]
So is Lem going to wear the wire? AFAIK Vic & Shane never told him the truth about how Terry got popped and last night we have the IAD guy telling him to wire up to prove Vic didn't do it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#17]

I think I know the answer to this but my DVR caught off the end of last night's episode.  

The Team was stalking the blonde afro guy who was in the opening melee.  What did they do and did anything happen after that?

Like I said I think I know the answer ()but wanted to make sure
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think I know the answer to this but my DVR caught off the end of last night's episode.  

The Team was stalking the blonde afro guy who was in the opening melee.  What did they do and did anything happen after that?

Like I said I think I know the answer ()but wanted to make sure

a lot of ing!

And that was the end of the show...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
a lot of ing!

And that was the end of the show...

Plus Vic left one of those "Ass Whoopin' Courtesy of Farmington Strike Team" calling cards that we haven't seen since like Season 1.

They REALLY messed that guy up too ... The guy looked like something the butcher would throw out at the end.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#20]
yes and old fashion ass kicking is what happened!

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
yes and old fashion ass kicking is what happened!

They put the beat down on that Brutha...!!!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Was she pregnant at the end of season 4?  
IIRC the last time we see her at the previous season's end is when she & Vic are staking out Glenn Close's house.  Vic made it to third base in the car, so unless she's Irish Catholic, Vic is not her baby's daddy.

Well, yes I do to... that is why I said that 4 posts above yours..

Yes, but does anybody else think this is the last season?

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Ohhhhhhh
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Was she pregnant at the end of season 4?  
IIRC the last time we see her at the previous season's end is when she & Vic are staking out Glenn Close's house.  Vic made it to third base in the car, so unless she's Irish Catholic, Vic is not her baby's daddy.

Well, yes I do to... that is why I said that 4 posts above yours..

Correct, she was not pregnant last season.  And no, I don't think this will be the last season.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I hope it is not the last season!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I hope it is not the last season!

+1 unfortantley I think it will be
I think the show jumped the shark when the teams was disbanded and then POOF! they are back together
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#27]
WTF happened to Shane's queen bee?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
WTF happened to Shane's queen bee?

She hasn't made an appearance in more than 1 episode since Season 3 (thank god).

Though I don't want The Shield to end, it's become a bit ridiculous how no one on the Strike Team has ever been caught or busted with any true punishment through all 5 seasons.

They're going to have to make 1 of the team members a sacrificial lamb for Vic to give the show any form of believeability.

And this is coming from a die-hard Shield fan.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Vic will do something 'big' to save himself and his team, prob. near the end of the season
btw, the shield renewed last year for 21 more episodes.  11 this year and 10 in early '07.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Vic will do something 'big' to save himself and his team, prob. near the end of the season
btw, the shield renewed last year for 21 more episodes.  11 this year and 10 in early '07.

They're only doing 11 seasons this year and 10 the next? That's down from the usual 13-15
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're only doing 11 seasons this year and 10 the next? That's down from the usual 13-15

yep LINKY
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#32]
i think the little black thief /fence who was hitting on danny so hard is the father of her baby
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:40:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
i think the little black thief /fence who was hitting on danny so hard is the father of her baby

I forgot about him.  That should be interesting if Danny has a black baby...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Thats GHEY!!  Wow, 11 whole shows this year and 10 next If there is only going to be 21 more shows total, run them all together.  If we are getting less, the DVD better be less!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:17:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats GHEY!!  Wow, 11 whole shows this year and 10 next If there is only going to be 21 more shows total, run them all together.  If we are getting less, the DVD better be less!

Ensemble casts are expensive.  Which would you rather have, poor acting and scripts and lots of shows or excellent acting and scripts with good production values and less episodes?

G
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Which would you rather have
G

One season with 21 shows, not two seasons with 11 and 10 shows...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
...but does anybody else think this is the last season?

not a chance! vic will find out about the aceveda snarling and the subsequent hit and hold that over his head to stay on the job.

helluva bodycount for the first show!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:22:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Gotta Luv VIC!!!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Soooo hot, want to touch the hinny...

ETA: She is the new Rookie for those who didn't know
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
ETA: She is the new Rookie for those who didn't know

heh, danni ain't outtin' up with NONE of her shit! something bad's gonna happen with her. maybe she's a snitch for iad and is gonna end up sucking up to one of vic's crew...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
heh, danni ain't outtin' up with NONE of her shit! something bad's gonna happen with her. maybe she's a snitch for iad and is gonna end up sucking up to one of vic's crew...

Interesting choice of words.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#42]
heh they get away with a lot on that show, that's for sure!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Which would you rather have
G

One season with 21 shows, not two seasons with 11 and 10 shows...

Excellent!  Let me know how successful you are at re-writing the laws of economics.

G
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#44]
arfkom fire mission!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Excellent!  Let me know how successful you are at re-writing the laws of economics.

G

I don't give a poo how much to costs them, I am just saying thats what I want to see. economics has nothing to do with it.

No reason for you to get upset because you think I don't know how to make money on a TV show, I have worked in TV, I know how it works...

Now, back on subject:

It sucks that they are doing less and less shows per season, and soon the show will be over better live it up before it is over

ETA:  No intended G23 just mad they are pulling the pin with two short seasons.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#46]
A couple of days ago the local sports radio station had as a guest the actor who plays Lemonhead.  The way he explained it they are filming 11 episodes, and then after a month or so break, the remaining 10.  He made it sound more like what they just did with Lost the last six weeks or so rather than two separate seasons.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
A couple of days ago the local sports radio station had as a guest the actor who plays Lemonhead.  The way he explained it they are filming 11 episodes, and then after a month or so break, the remaining 10.  He made it sound more like what they just did with Lost the last six weeks or so rather than two separate seasons.  

The way I read the artical above is that yes they take a short break in filming, but the last 10 shows will not be on TV untill next January

FX has ordered 21 episodes, which will air in two batches -- 11 now, and another 10 early next year. During a two-month hiatus, Ryan and company will write the latter, which will likely conclude the series.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The way I read the artical above is that yes they take a short break in filming, but the last 10 shows will not be on TV untill next January

yeah, the way the article explains it, it sucks.  I just didn't get that impression from that interview with the actor.  but who knows, maybe I got it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
ETA:  No intended G23 just mad they are pulling the pin with two short seasons.

Pfft.  Think nothing of it; I have thick skin!  

G
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Did anyone else notice one of the possible fathers was Gilroy's Liver?

Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top