Tennessee
Alabama
Florida

(and Auburn had an undefeated season)

can you beat that?

Last 15 years the Big 12 is the best.

Texas (undefeated)
Oklahoma (undefeated)
Nebraska (2 undefeated Wins and 1 undefeated split win)
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How many DIFFERENT SEC teams won national championships in the 90's:

Tennessee
Alabama
Florida

can you beat that?

Texas (undefeated)
Oklahoma (undefeated)

Oklahoma dude pleaase the last national championship game they were in was seriously painful and a waste of my time to watch.............
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tennessee
Alabama
Florida

can you beat that?

Texas (undefeated)
Oklahoma (undefeated)

If you want to go 15 we can add LSU
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh yeah of course! SEC has great teams that play the best teams outside of conference also.

Arkansas for example has played both Texas and USC outside of conference in the last few years...
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]
BIG 12

AND GO BIG RED

NUFF SAID
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Wolverines play Vandy in its first game.  BIG10 Vs SEC, first nonbowl match up in several years.

Want to place a wager?  

No, but I would pay money to see the school up north lose to Vandy.  

- CD

And the mods here are objective!  Snowballs  chance in hell I believe is the term for both.

25.5 points not good enough for ya?  LOL  Actually with the point spread I am placing $100 on Vandy.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Vandy covering that spread is a mortal lock
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
But to gain admission in schools in the other conferences, you have to be able to read and sign your name on the admission forms, not just your mark. X

Riiiight... put Bama's academics up beside ___________ (name your team)

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
43 million people attended college football games in 2005

And the conference with 6 teams out of the top 10 in attendance last year was... ?

Anyone?

Anyone?

web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/attendance/IA_ATTENDANCE.pdf
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Seeing Eye Cat is thwe best NCAA football conference in the country?

Is not ARFCOM fucked up or what?  That is exactly my first thoughts at seeing the thread title

Same here. Besides, at ARFCOM, what else would one expect?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tennessee
Alabama
Florida

can you beat that?

Texas (undefeated)
Oklahoma (undefeated)

Oklahoma dude pleaase the last national championship game they were in was seriously painful and a waste of my time to watch.............

And I guess everyone should have written Florida off after the '96 Fiesta Bowl...
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#13]
This's from Nationalchamps.net for the 2005 season. For what it's worth.

What is the toughest conference?

Using our sliding scale point formula, the SEC is still king, followed by the Big XII. The surprise came from the ACC, ranking only ahead of the Big East in terms of the BCS big boys. While the ACC likely represents the most parity from top to bottom, they are still void of anyone resembling a Top 7 team. These issues are a big reason why no one from the ACC will be playing in Pasadena come January 4, according to our calculations.
SEC .734
Big XII .646
Big Ten .634
Pac Ten .565
ACC .540
Big East .283
WAC .248
Mountain West .184
MAC .133
Conference USA .050
Sun Belt .031
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Using our sliding scale point formula, the SEC is still king, followed by the Big XII. The surprise came from the ACC, ranking only ahead of the Big East in terms of the BCS big boys. While the ACC likely represents the most parity from top to bottom, they are still void of anyone resembling a Top 7 team. These issues are a big reason why no one from the ACC will be playing in Pasadena come January 4, according to our calculations.
SEC .734
Big XII .646
Big Ten .634
Pac Ten .565
ACC .540
Big East .283
WAC .248
Mountain West .184
MAC .133
Conference USA .050
Sun Belt .031

2005 season only...jesus big deal...the I vote that the BIG 12, then the BIG 10 have the strongest overall seasons in history. (if you add the big 8 in with the big 12 of course...)
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
But to gain admission in schools in the other conferences, you have to be able to read and sign your name on the admission forms, not just your mark. X

Yeah, like it's really any different up north.  Not hardly.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
All I will say is ROLL TIDE

I'll second that!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
The SEC west is the toughest of the tough SEC! Go LSU! Go TIGERS!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The real question is how does the SEC do in their bowl games..............

Good point.

Hmmm... I wonder which college football team has more bowl appearances and bowl victories than any other?...

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Wolverines play Vandy in its first game.  BIG10 Vs SEC, first nonbowl match up in several years.

Want to place a wager?  

One of the strongest teams in the BIG 10 vs. the doormat of the SEC.  Yeah, some legitimate comparison there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The real question is how does the SEC do in their bowl games..............

Good point.

Hmmm... I wonder which college football team has more bowl appearances and bowl victories than any other?...

Can I get a "rammerjammer"  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SEC .734
Big XII .646
Big Ten .634
Pac Ten .565
ACC .540
Big East .283
WAC .248
Mountain West .184
MAC .133
Conference USA .050
Sun Belt .031

2005 season only...jesus big deal...the I vote that the BIG 12, then the BIG 10 have the strongest overall seasons in history. (if you add the big 8 in with the big 12 of course...)

I colored the words for you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

How do you arrive at that conclusion?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Go SEC!

Go Razorbacks!

But our first game this year is against USC

But other than that, we're supposed to have a pretty good year; finally have an offensive coordinator who is familiar with the QB. Should be competent at least.

But, really, SEC is king. Even Vandy, which is usually the floormat of the conference, had a great season last year. And then that one year Auburn got cheated out of the national game even though they were undefeated. Of course they put in Oklahoma, who in turn got their asses handed to them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Watch for upset Sept. 2 Hogs over Trojans. Our turf this year. 51,000 strong and the world's largest Jumbotron.  Go Hogs.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Even though I live in Big XII country, I'd say the SEC is the best conference out there year to year.  I have no problems with that.....especially considering the enormous success the Huskers have had against SEC teams through the years!    (No disrespect intended....all in good fun)

Since we aren't in the best conference, I take comfort in knowing that Nebraska has the two best teams in college football history according to sports analyst and writers.  The only question is, which team gets the nod as #1?  The 1970 or the 1995 Huskers?  I say the '95 Huskers!

Peace!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
With such powerhouse as the Vanderbilt Commodores, how could it NOT be?!?  

Go Big 10!!! w00t

+1  The Big10 is THE top football conference.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The SEC is the best NCAA football conference in the country!

That is....of course according to me.

Any arguments?

Except for U of Ky!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Even though I live in Big XII country, I'd say the SEC is the best conference out there year to year.  I have no problems with that.....especially considering the enormous success the Huskers have had against SEC teams through the years!    (No disrespect intended....all in good fun)

Since we aren't in the best conference, I take comfort in knowing that Nebraska has the two best teams in college football history according to sports analyst and writers.  The only question is, which team gets the nod as #1?  The 1970 or the 1995 Huskers?  I say the '95 Huskers!

Peace!

You're not gonna get an argument outta me on that one, being a Volunteer, I'd have to say that the 95 Huskers were scary. Everybody knew you were gonna run the option 90% of the time but Nebraska was like..."try and stop it bitches".....and of course nobody could, we certainly couldn't
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace!

You're not gonna get an argument outta me on that one, being a Volunteer, I'd have to say that the 95 Huskers were scary. Everybody knew you were gonna run the option 90% of the time but Nebraska was like..."try and stop it bitches".....and of course nobody could, we certainly couldn't

1995 was my freshman year at the University of Nebraska, now that was a great year to be a Husker.  

SBG
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace!

1995 was my freshman year at the University of Nebraska, now that was a great year to be a Husker.  

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/scaryblackguns/herbie.jpg

SBG

A-f'in-men brother!

Although Im not really a big fan of this "lil red" character...I like harry husker and not the lil runt

BY THE WAY, USC vs NEBRASKA...NEBRASKA doesnt have to win that game, they just cant lose badly and they will garner some serious respect right off the bat, and well, should they win...I dont think I need to say anything else.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace!
We played them in '96 in the Orange bowl, talking about an excersise in futility.  Those guys were huge.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace!

SBG

A-f'in-men brother!

Although Im not really a big fan of this "lil red" character...I like harry husker and not the lil runt

BY THE WAY, USC vs NEBRASKA...NEBRASKA doesnt have to win that game, they just cant lose badly and they will garner some serious respect right off the bat, and well, should they win...I dont think I need to say anything else.

I am starting to think that we need to get some of the far flung ARFCOM Husker fans back to the state for the  Nebraska v. Texas game.  You and HH could even load up krpind and make a roadtrip.  

SBG

ETA -- 26 Days and Counting
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#34]
[truth] Big10 is the Best [/truth]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#35]
That NU vs. USC will be extremely tough.  USC is stocked with talent and losing Bowman to the ACL tear is a huge blow considering the Trojans talent at WR.  Huskers have to win that game in the trenches for us to have a chance.

On a side note, I think Florida could be scary good with Meyer at the helm.  But what will be really interesting is seeing Spurier face his old school.  That should be fun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#36]
DK, if you take a shower, I will take you to a game at the BIG HOUSE!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
That NU vs. USC will be extremely tough.  USC is stocked with talent and losing Bowman to the ACL tear is a huge blow considering the Trojans talent at WR.  Huskers have to win that game in the trenches for us to have a chance.

On a side note, I think Florida could be scary good with Meyer at the helm.  But what will be really interesting is seeing Spurier face his old school.  That should be fun.

Spurrier beat both Florida and Tennessee last year, the Gamecocks aren't gonna be pushovers anymore.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace!

SBG

A-f'in-men brother!

I am starting to think that we need to get some of the far flung ARFCOM Husker fans back to the state for the  Nebraska v. Texas game.  You and HH could even load up krpind and make a roadtrip.  

SBG

ETA -- 26 Days and Counting
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/scaryblackguns/usc.jpg

WOOT!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
DK, if you take a shower, I will take you to a game at the BIG HOUSE!  

Man, there's always a catch!  

Actually, I'm hoping to see Vandy play at least once this year, and my wife and I are hoping to catch a Florida State game as well.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

If Urban gets his typical second year offensive impovement, everyone else is just playing for #2.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll reserve the right to talk Smack until after the FSU-Miami game
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That game is like watching a "yard riot" at Angola.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#43]

The SEC is the best NCAA football conference in the country!

Agreed!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Miami
Florida State
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Boston College
Georgia Tech

ACC > you
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Miami
Florida State
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Boston College
Georgia Tech

ACC > you

Yeah, Clemson belongs in that list.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That game is like watching a "yard riot" at Angola.  

Aren't most of the Miami players on work release from there?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#48]
SBG

Not only Krpid

but we have "HOUSTONHUSKER" whos a big red fan, isnt Deejay86 got a "go huskers" sig line...

what about that guy in Colorado with a Husker in his screen name...

theres more BIG RED POWER on this board then folks realize.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#49]
For no other reason than an FYI;

Northwestern University,  Ryan Field 49,256
Indiana University,  Memorial Stadium 52,180
Purdue University,  Ross-Ade Stadium 62,500
University of Minnesota,  Metrodome 63,000
University of Illinois,  Memorial Stadium 69,249
University of Iowa,  Kinnick Stadium 70,585
Michigan State University,  Spartan Stadium  75,005
University of Wisconsin,  Camp Randall Stadium 80,321
The Ohio State University,  Ohio Stadium/ The Horseshoe 101,568
Pennsylvania State University,  Beaver Stadium 107,282
University of Michigan,  Michigan Stadium/ Big House 107,501

Go Buckeyes!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Go Dogs!!!!

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top