Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
wtf is "groupthink mentality?"

This woman sounds like an unreasonable bitch.  

I'm betting there's more to the story (i.e. the complaints are MUCH more detailed and worse) than what is listed in this article, too.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Socially promoted because she was female.....

Ya think?!!

I wonder how we won WWII with female naval officers.

Oh...........wait.

Her behavior doesn't have anything to do with a lack of Y chromosome.  Male officers have been shitcanned for behavior such as this, too.  Your argument sucks.

Oh, and by the way...  Navy WAVES

My grandmother made Chief Petty Officer, and from everything I've read in the paperwork, was a damn fine officer.  So go cram your old and busted chauvinism.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think I know where she gets her management style

ah.... i laughed my ass off
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope there is more than that.

+1

Sounds like an average infantry platoon sergeant.

My point exactly.

You would oth be wrong.

First off, the CO of a ship is not akin to the average infantry platoon sergeant. Second, while the average infantry platoon sergeant (and his counterparts among Navy Chiefs) undoubtly use colorful language when getting their point across, I never once in my years in uniform see ABUSE. I saw some very well-deserved ass-chewings, but never blatant ABUSE, and I NEVER saw anyone dressed down in front of their subordinates. THAT IS NOT DONE.

Just the one story where she put a CHIEF on time-out is beyond the pale. Telling a JO to ram his attitude up his ass, in front of enlisted personnel, is similar. Besides, a Captain doesn't NEED to tell them such a thing when it comes to attitude. A LEADER will change the attitude themselves.

This woman was and remains bilge filth.

There is just a difference in Navy and Marines Corps (and Army) leadership philosophy.  

I have been on Navy ships and I have been in Marine Commands.  From what is in that article, I can see that she did cross some lines for the way the Navy does things.  However, I have seen Marine 05s and 06s and General Officers in command positions that no one would have batted an eye if they did what was in that report.

Remember guys like Van Ripper and Mathis were famous for firing guys left and right.  Van Ripper even fired his brother.

As a Marine Gunnery Sergeant, I would have been more guilty than her.  My marines knew the wrath of God when they did something stupid.  If it was technical thing, then it was not handled in that manner.  I don't chew ass over a procedural malfunction.  I find the problem and fix it.  But if it was a bad judgement issue then I am gonna chew someones ass and they will know it.  Now, that being said, I also expect the captain of a warship to have a bit more tact than a Gunnery Sergeant.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is just a difference in Navy and Marines Corps (and Army) leadership philosophy.

I have been on Navy ships and I have been in Marine Commands. From what is in that article, I can see that she did cross some lines for the way the Navy does things. However, I have seen Marine 05s and 06s and General Officers in command positions that no one would have batted an eye if they did what was in that report.

Then those officers were garbage, too.

Again, it's one thing to use colorful language and to justifiably blow a gasket, but it is NEVER acceptable to ABUSE YOUR TROOPS.

This bitch CHOKED a Junior Officer on the bridge, for cripe's sake!

A bit harsh on two excellant commanders, don't you think?  I am trying to figure out what MEF/MEB you ever commanded and how it was ran.  Now that may sound offensive to you, but I really don't want to hear about "kinder, gentler leadership" when there are people's lives on the line.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about this woman, but Capt. Bligh was a good captain.  The book Mutiny on the Bounty paints him as a monster but the true story is he was a hero and a fine captain.

That is all.

Yes...it would seem she better fits the mold of Captain Queeg from The Caine Muntiny.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, it's one thing to use colorful language and to justifiably blow a gasket, but it is NEVER acceptable to ABUSE YOUR TROOPS.

I didn't see any mention of choking a JO in the article, it mentioned "The report claims she grabbed several junior officers or sailors to get their attention or move them elsewhere — usually while in a heated discussion — and threw a wadded up piece of paper at one"  

Choking would be assault, however it doesn't sound like that is what happened.

I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder and how you came up in the service.  But nothing mentioned in that article is all that shocking or really a relievable offense.

Honestly, other than a couple oddities, it looks about the same as my relations with battalion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya think?!!

Oh...........wait.

Her behavior doesn't have anything to do with a lack of Y chromosome.  Male officers have been shitcanned for behavior such as this, too.  Your argument sucks.

Oh, and by the way...  Navy WAVES

My grandmother made Chief Petty Officer, and from everything I've read in the paperwork, was a damn fine officerChief.  So go cram your old and busted chauvinism.

Fixed it for you...  

If you're ever inclined to post her bio, I'd be interested to read it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see the ranks of asshole O6 commanders aren't just for the boys anymore.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#10]
You don't run a Naval warship by berating and physically abusing your junior officers and senior enlisted in front of their superiors or juniors.

Some of you guys would do well to listen to those with personal experience on the given subject matter.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

wtf is "groupthink mentality?"

They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the <b style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff66">Caine[/span] out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]

"Her career," one admiral says, "is over."

Good riddance to a poor leader, it's a damn shame she lasted as long as she did.

eta:

No one, not even Davy Jones himself, denigrates a Master Chief in front of the crew, it simply isn't done.

The rest is "conduct unbecoming" etc. there is a certain etiquette to follow, you don't dress down a Petty Officer/Officer in front of junior personnel, very bad form.

Sounds like her "leadership" led to very poor morale among the crew and ultimately less mission readiness.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know anything about this woman, but Capt. Bligh was a good captain. The book Mutiny on the Bounty paints him as a monster but the true story is he was a hero and a fine captain.

That is all.

"And yet a good crew and officers, volunteers all, saw fit to mutiny against you. It has always been the intent of the Admiralty to appoint its Captains from among the ranks of gentlemen. It is our sad duty to conclude that, in this case, our intent was a failure...."

In October 1790, Bligh was honourably acquitted at the court-martial inquiring into the loss of the Bounty.

I was quoting the end of the movie.

Please don't confuse me with reality.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#14]
All I could think as I read that was that they would have thrown my old brigade commander in the brig if he had been in the Navy.  In the Army, he was promoted to General.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

A bit harsh on two excellant commanders, don't you think? I am trying to figure out what MEF/MEB you ever commanded and how it was ran. Now that may sound offensive to you, but I really don't want to hear about "kinder, gentler leadership" when there are people's lives on the line.

Did they use foul language, or did they ABUSE THEIR TROOPS?

The former is no big deal, and I believe impossible not to find in a hard-charging leader. The latter, however, is inexcusable.

So, as I meant, if they fall into the former camp, then all fin and dandy. If they were abusers, then they are scum, and I don't give a shit how powerful they are at the time they are scum. This whore rose to command a Navy warship; the closest thing to God left on earth.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She put a "well-respected Master Chief" in "time out" — standing in the ship's key control room doing nothing — "in front of other watch standers of all ranks."

That wasn't a very smart thing to do.

That's very likely what ended her career.  Don't ever fuck with the Chief's mess.

I know the intent of your statement, joshki, but Chiefs DO need to remember their place in the machine, as do Officers.  One thing is that you NEVER, EVER diminish the authority of the other, as its highly unprofessional and ultimately self-defeating.  Graf did this to the Master Chief.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know anything about this woman, but Capt. Bligh was a good captain.  The book Mutiny on the Bounty paints him as a monster but the true story is he was a hero and a fine captain.

That is all.

Yes...it would seem she better fits the mold of Captain Queeg from The Caine Muntiny.

The story line of that movie was Captain Queeg was betrayed by his Wardroom, at the direction of Keeffer, hence the term, "Mutiny."
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya think?!!

Oh...........wait.

Because there's never, in the history of the Navy, been an abusive male co who got promoted in spite of his abusiveness.

Oh wait.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Because there's never, in the history of the Navy, been an abusive male co who got promoted in spite of his abusiveness.

Oh wait.

Plenty, I'm sure.

I had one as my first Department Head. "Fat. Sack. o'Shit." was his nickname behind his back.

We used to log his trips to the shower because they occurred so infrequently.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't see any mention of choking a JO in the article, it mentioned "The report claims she grabbed several junior officers or sailors to get their attention or move them elsewhere — usually while in a heated discussion — and threw a wadded up piece of paper at one"  

Choking would be assault, however it doesn't sound like that is what happened.

I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder and how you came up in the service.  But nothing mentioned in that article is all that shocking or really a relievable offense.

Honestly, other than a couple oddities, it looks about the same as my relations with battalion.

I guess some of us that have been on the receiving end of "tree line counseling/wall-to-wall counseling/sergeant's counseling" just don't understand.  They call it "abuse" and I call it "learning the hard way".  Whatever.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She put a "well-respected Master Chief" in "time out" — standing in the ship's key control room doing nothing — "in front of other watch standers of all ranks."

That's very likely what ended her career.  Don't ever fuck with the Chief's mess.

I know the intent of your statement, joshki, but Chiefs DO need to remember their place in the machine, as do Officers.  One thing is that you NEVER, EVER diminish the authority of the other, as its highly unprofessional and ultimately self-defeating.  Graf did this to the Master Chief.

Of course - and that was my point.  Just as it would almost never be acceptable for me to call out my divo in front of the troops, it's almost never acceptable for him to call me out in front of my troops.  

Correction and disagreement between Chiefs and officers, in general, must be done in private. To do otherwise destroys good order and discipline - and it sounds like that's exactly what she did.

And in a situation like that, the mess is going to back their CMC.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know anything about this woman, but Capt. Bligh was a good captain. The book Mutiny on the Bounty paints him as a monster but the true story is he was a hero and a fine captain.

That is all.

"And yet a good crew and officers, volunteers all, saw fit to mutiny against you. It has always been the intent of the Admiralty to appoint its Captains from among the ranks of gentlemen. It is our sad duty to conclude that, in this case, our intent was a failure...."

In October 1790, Bligh was honourably acquitted at the court-martial inquiring into the loss of the Bounty.

Bligh was a the epicenter of another rebellion,  Years after the Bounty, He was responsible for the Rum Rebellion in Australia, The troops came after him, arrested him, and sent him back to england.

I think the man had issues.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I guess some of us that have been on the receiving end of "tree line counseling/wall-to-wall counseling/sergeant's counseling" just don't understand. They call it "abuse" and I call it "learning the hard way". Whatever.

Did your sergeant do it?

Or your COLONEL?

We in the Navy have creative ways to motivate the fuckups. Those ways are left to the Goat Locker to employ.

Officers do NOT have the liberty to be abusive; certainly not in any of the circumstances this bitch found herself in.

It's not like she was ordering someone to close a hatch to save the ship and the guy was refusing....

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course - and that was my point.  Just as it would almost never be acceptable for me to call out my divo in front of the troops, it's almost never acceptable for him to call me out in front of my troops.  

Correction and disagreement between Chiefs and officers, in general, must be done in private. To do otherwise destroys good order and discipline - and it sounds like that's exactly what she did.

And in a situation like that, the mess is going to back their CMC.

As would the smart Officers, trying to save their ship and crew.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If she was bad before just imagine how bad she'll be now.  She'll continue to abuse her juniors for as long as she's in a position of power over others.  She needs to be retired and sent home permanently.  

She was fired as the CO of a Naval vessel.
She'll never hold a command position again.

Nope, she will be retired.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
She "repeatedly" emphasized her "very high standards for my crew" and "repeatedly" spoke of a "groupthink mentality" aboard her vessel. Graf said that "a small group of disgruntled officers in Cowpens wardroom were spreading rumors throughout the crew and convincing others that the command climate and [her] demeanor were far worse than they actually were."

That statement right there, all by itself, disqualifies her to be the Commanding Officer of ANY Navy vessel.

If there is "groupthink" mentality aboard a ship, it is either a direct reflection of the Captain, or else his/her job to fix it. It cannot be used as an excuse.

As for the rumors, in a cosmos as small as a Naval vessel, rumurs that are unfounded tend to die quickly, especially when they are about the demeanor of someone as visible and as influential as the Captain. If the rumurs were untrue, her behavior would have quickly dispelled them. Obviously, they were true enough to have stuck.

The fact that this bitch rose so high and ruined so many careers on the way simply makes me furious. She should be stripped of rank and dismissed without benefits. I have no mercy for someone who showed a deliberate pattern of abuse and incompetence for so long. Fuck her!

This!  She is one crazy bitch who deserves to be cashiered from the service.

That said...all those seniors who wrote those glowing fitreps should be ashamed.  They have soiled the service and abetted in the destruction of many fine young officers' careers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh there's more.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If she was bad before just imagine how bad she'll be now.  She'll continue to abuse her juniors for as long as she's in a position of power over others.  She needs to be retired and sent home permanently.  

She was fired as the CO of a Naval vessel.
She'll never hold a command position again.

Nope, she will be retired.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read it on the early bird this morning, I am somewhat mixed in my opinion though.

???

From service with, being embarked on several L-Platforms and reading that article I noticed there many of the things considered somewhat acceptable behavior in the Marines that the Navy considers unacceptable.

There is hard leadership, and then there is being a fucking cunt.
Schofield's Definition of Discipline.
The discipline which makes the soldiers of a free country reliable in battle is not to be gained by harsh or tyrannical treatment. On the contrary, such treatment is far more likely to destroy than to make an army. It is possible to impart instruction and to give commands in such a manner and such a tone of voice to inspire in the soldier no feeling but an intense desire to obey, while the opposite manner and tone of voice cannot fail to excite strong resentment and a desire to disobey. The one mode or the other of dealing with subordinates springs from a corresponding spirit in the breast of the commander. He who feels the respect which is due to others cannot fail to inspire in them regard for himself, while he who feels, and hence manifests, disrespect toward others, especially his inferiors, cannot fail to inspire hatred against himself.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Sounds like an average infantry platoon sergeant.

My point exactly.

You would oth be wrong.

First off, the CO of a ship is not akin to the average infantry platoon sergeant. Second, while the average infantry platoon sergeant (and his counterparts among Navy Chiefs) undoubtly use colorful language when getting their point across, I never once in my years in uniform see ABUSE. I saw some very well-deserved ass-chewings, but never blatant ABUSE, and I NEVER saw anyone dressed down in front of their subordinates. THAT IS NOT DONE.

Just the one story where she put a CHIEF on time-out is beyond the pale. Telling a JO to ram his attitude up his ass, in front of enlisted personnel, is similar. Besides, a Captain doesn't NEED to tell them such a thing when it comes to attitude. A LEADER will change the attitude themselves.

This woman was and remains bilge filth.

I have been on Navy ships and I have been in Marine Commands.  From what is in that article, I can see that she did cross some lines for the way the Navy does things.  However, I have seen Marine 05s and 06s and General Officers in command positions that no one would have batted an eye if they did what was in that report.

Remember guys like Van Ripper and Mathis were famous for firing guys left and right.  Van Ripper even fired his brother.

Don't get caught up in what is published in a newspaper article.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
My understanding is that the IGs report was 'toned down' from what was really discovered during the investigation. And my understanding comes from a 3 star who is in the know.

That Time article is a bit short on some details that are apparently in the IG report.

While [redacted] was in CIC attempting to earn a qualification, Graf asked him, "What the fuck are you doing in Combat?" He stated several times that he sought Graf out to iron out their differences or to clarify a training point. According to his testimony she outright refused, once stating, "This is one of the reasons I hate you."

[Redacted] stated that it was common for him to be belittled by Graf while presenting charts at Cowpens's navigation briefs regarding the incompleteness or lack of thoroughness of the charts he presented. This was after both the CO and XO had reviewed his charts and signed their approval of his charts.

[redacted] on the Cowpens, stated that Graf commonly referred to him as a "stupid fucking idiot" in the Daily Operations/Intelligence Brief, in front of crewmembers of all ranks.

A redacted crewmember of Graf's previous Command, the USS Winston S. Churchill , stated when interviewed, that , in approximately January of 2003, upon informing Graf that weather was outside the limits required to recover a helo onboard, she responded by saying, "I thought you flew fucking all-weather aircraft. now fuck me to tears." He further stated that, after a time, he was not permitted to speak to Graf so he resorted to briefing the [redacted but undoubtedly the XO of the Churchil], on any flight schedule issues and then slipping the flight schedule under Graf's stateroom door for her review.

http://admiraltymaritimelaw.blogspot.com/2010/03/navy-inspector-generals-report-on-holly.html

Who approves paperwork and then mocks the presenter later in front of everybody?

This post really, really needs to be read by those that think she was just being a hard-ass and using foul language. I mean seriously, what the fuck.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess some of us that have been on the receiving end of "tree line counseling/wall-to-wall counseling/sergeant's counseling" just don't understand. They call it "abuse" and I call it "learning the hard way". Whatever.

Did your sergeant do it?

Or your COLONEL?

We in the Navy have creative ways to motivate the fuckups. Those ways are left to the Goat Locker to employ.

Officers do NOT have the liberty to be abusive; certainly not in any of the circumstances this bitch found herself in.

It's not like she was ordering someone to close a hatch to save the ship and the guy was refusing....

Again, that's why I think there is more to it than what is being disclosed.  Telling some whiny junior officer to find some intestinal fortitude, even with "abusive" language hardly constitutes a breach of the "gentleman" aspect of being an officer, especially in a private venue such as a "stateroom" which I guess is the captain's room.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Ah! The reenforcements have arrived!

I'm glad. For a second I was doubting if I was still on my rocker.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Again, that's why I think there is more to it than what is being disclosed. Telling some whiny junior officer to find some intestinal fortitude, even with "abusive" language hardly constitutes a breach of the "gentleman" aspect of being an officer, especially in a private venue such as a "stateroom" which I guess is the captain's room.

Sorry, then. I misunderstood you.

I can tell you with high confidence that there is MUCH more to the story than what's in the article. Dport, who is in uniform right now and thus has far better connections than I do, has confirmed this.

This went FAR beyond foul language, even when chewing someone out. This was ABUSE, pure and simple.

No, the Navy is not weak on the correction side, but ABUSE is fround upon, it it's more than just an asshole with a foul mouth.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

She was legend. It just caught up to her. What is in the article, according to what I've heard elsewhere, isn't all. If it was just rough language, sure, no problem. But it wasn't just that. There's rough language when you're right, and then being belligerently wrong. There's also chewing someone out, but not holding it against them when they're wrong from time to time and then there's killing careers. There's being a bitch sometimes and being a bitch all the time.

I'm told she'll try to appeal. My guess is the IG report was what they were waiting on. Her appeal will fail and then she'll have to use her charming personality to win a job in the private sector.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Last thread had a link to a Navy web site of some kind. Lot of interesting chat there on this subject.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She was legend. It just caught up to her. What is in the article, according to what I've heard elsewhere, isn't all. If it was just rough language, sure, no problem. But it wasn't just that. There's rough language when you're right, and then being belligerently wrong. There's also chewing someone out, but not holding it against them when they're wrong from time to time and then there's killing careers. There's being a bitch sometimes and being a bitch all the time.

I'm told she'll try to appeal. My guess is the IG report was what they were waiting on. Her appeal will fail and then she'll have to use her charming personality to win a job in the private sector.

I'll be on the lookout for her resume.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I'd be mad too if I commanded the USS COWPENS.

Who in the wide, wide world of sports decided that COWPENS is a great name for a ship?

Battle of the Cowpens: http://www.nps.gov/archive/cowp/batlcowp.htm

That class of cruiser was named after battles.

Except mine, of course, which was named after some dumbass with connections.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is all.

By all accounts, Bligh was a fine officer and seaman.  Pop culture does not treat William Bligh kindly.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

She will declare her lesibianism.
She will join the feminist movement
She will become a martyr of why men just can't stand women in positions of power.
She will write a book and make a fortune speaking at all girls colleges denouncing men left and right.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

By all accounts, Bligh was a fine officer and seaman. Pop culture does not treat William Bligh kindly.

I can't speak to his personal qualities, but anyone who can sail a small open boat the distance he did after being put off the BOUNTY is a damned genius of a seaman.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Who in the wide, wide world of sports decided that COWPENS is a great name for a ship?

Wasn't cowpens the site of a famous revolutionary war battle?

Damn it.  Beaten. I'm surfing on my phone while I proctor the E6 exam.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#44]
/\/\ Yeah. Probably one of the most important Revolutionary battles in the south, if not the whole war. And one of the most brilliantly fought of the war, courtesy of Gen. Daniel Morgan.

I wonder which poor NSWC is getting her and what she'll be doing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She will declare her lesibianism.

She will join the feminist movement

She will become a martyr of why men just can't stand women in positions of power.

She will write a book and make a fortune speaking at all girls colleges denouncing men left and right.

SO this means I SHOULDN'T be on the lookout?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nope, you're still sane.  When I was in the Army, I expected my NCOs to be willing to get rough in language or action with troops who were fucking up.  Basically, if the SNCO had to bring a personnell problem to me, it either meant serious repercussions or pass on to higher command for ajudication.  If I started laying hands on the troops, or humiliating my sergeant in front of the troops, I would have failed in my commission as far as I am concerned.  Now, did I get on the sergeant's butt behind closed doors?  Or more often, did my sergeant gently explain how I was being stupid during a counselling session in private?  Hell yes.  But neither he nor I would ever have done that in front of the men.

Now, as to foul language - I got out of the Army in 1991.  I think I might have finally gotten back to being able to speak in public without horrifying everyone maybe by 1995.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I wonder which poor NSWC is getting her and what she'll be doing.

Maybe they'll put her on time out down in the basement somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do you not know your American History? You win and and for your massive fail in American history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cowpens

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't cowpens the site of a famous revolutionary war battle?

All the CGs are named after famous battles, except for the Thomas Gates.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top