BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
J&G Sales

ANNOUNCING A NEW J&G POLICY ON SHIPPING RESTRICTED ITEMS

For immediate release:

As state and local jurisdictions are increasingly passing laws which infringe upon the Second Amendment of the US Constitution, J&G Sales is implementing a new policy on shipping restricted items to these states and localities.

Effective immediately, laws that restrict firearms, ammunition, or magazine possession by law abiding citizens will also be applied to state and local law enforcement and government agencies in that jurisdiction. All residents will be treated equally. Honorable citizens, law enforcement personnel, and government agents, should all be allowed to utilize the most effective defensive equipment available.

J&G believes that there should not be a difference between the rights of citizens and those of government employees. This new policy will also help us to be sure we avoid the consequences of not conforming with the anti-firearm regulations in these various jurisdictions.

We expect to lose some revenue from government purchases, however we feel it is essential to defend the US Constitution by making a statement about the importance of the Second Amendment in maintaining our freedoms.

We await the day when all law abiding citizens will be able to possess the most effective means and tools available for self-defense regardless of where they live or for whom they work.

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]
by e-mail:

J&G Sales

ANNOUNCING A NEW J&G POLICY ON SHIPPING RESTRICTED ITEMS

For immediate release:
As state and local jurisdictions are increasingly passing laws
which infringe upon the Second Amendment of the US Constitution,
J&G Sales is implementing a new policy on shipping restricted items
to these states and localities.

Effective immediately, laws that restrict firearms,
ammunition, or magazine possession by law abiding citizens will also be
applied to state and local law enforcement and government agencies in
that jurisdiction. All residents will be treated equally. Honorable
citizens, law enforcement personnel, and government agents, should all
be allowed to utilize the most effective defensive equipment available.

J&G believes that there should not be a difference between
the rights of citizens and those of government employees. This new
policy will also help us to be sure we avoid the consequences of not
conforming with the anti-firearm regulations in these various
jurisdictions.

We expect to lose some revenue from government purchases,
however we feel it is essential to defend the US Constitution by making a
statement about the importance of the Second Amendment in maintaining
our freedoms.

We await the day when all law abiding citizens will be able to
possess the most effective means and tools available for self-defense
regardless of where they live or for whom they work.

Thank you

damn you satx, 6 seconds

Link Posted: 2/20/2013 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Add Barrett to the list.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I added J&G Sales and Head Down Products.

Magpul was removed so we can keep this to a specific set of requirements. IE taking a stand against selling restrictions within certain states by apply those same rules to all within the state.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump. Needs a tack.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump for the good guys.

Link Posted: 2/20/2013 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can't the manufacturer set the rules for who their products can be sold to as a condition of you being one of their distributors? For example an LEO in NY attempts to purchase a PMAG, distributor says "Sorry we can't to you due to restrictions from Magpul"

Yes but not all follow the rules...

Winchester ranger SXT for one.. Some places sell it openly, some say Winchester will stop there supply for civilian sales.  Load of shit yes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't Magpul trying to make a stand in Colorado?

yes, see this story. They plan to leave Colorado if legislation passes,right now they need to step up and join the others refusing service to ban states
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/16/colorado-gun-bill-could-cost-state-hundreds-jobs/

Since most of their products are sold by retailers there really isn't any way for them to do this.

I'd say their full page ad in the Denver Post qualifies them as "stepping up".

They were offered an exemption from the magazine law and Magpul told the legislature to fuck off, responding with their ad.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone needs to contact all the ammunition manufacturers and get them in the boycott as that would hurt them more than anything because ammunition is a consumable good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump for the morning crowd.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#12]
This list was just mentioned on Glenn Beck's radio show.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#13]
hell yeah, magpul, finally off that list, should. be able to get my 10 packs pretty soon!

you guys care to make a ruckus over colt? have one of those on pre order as well

both will be found on the EE for a 300-400 percent premium as they arrive
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is awesome. Did Beck mention ARF or just the list?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is awesome. Did Beck mention ARF or just the list?

Just the list.  But they basically read down the list from top to bottom.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
hell yeah, magpul, finally off that list, should. be able to get my 10 packs pretty soon!

you guys care to make a ruckus over colt? have one of those on pre order as well

Great idea to announce a plan to deal in firearms on the Internet!
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone care to take a guess at which company will be next to join up?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has Magpul come out yet saying that they will not sell products to ban state LEO agencies or allow their distributes to do the same?

They said they wont be in a state where the citizens cannot own their product. There is no way magpul can stop their products from being sold to certain areas/people in the US

They can enforce contract restrictions if they so desired. It is similar to MAP requirements for distributors. Sell to someone we don't want you to and we take your distribution rights.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm gonna guess colt, S&W, remmington and ruger, will NOT deny sales to ban states.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Rock River Arms. I've got a good feeling they will join the fight. The website states that they've already suspended all shipments to NY and Steve has said that they are in talks with their lawyers about the best possible actions to take. Hopefully we'll hear something good by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm gonna guess colt, S&W, remmington and ruger, will NOT deny sales to ban states.
I don't know about Ruger. I could see them doing it, considering how gun ho they've been in the last three months on gun rights.

A agree most of the big boys (who, except for colt, are not big players in the AR industry anyway), won't care.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Kel-Tec, Khar, or Taurus.

ETA: I would love to see the NRA ban LEOs from ban states from LEO competitions involving guns banned in those states.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops, I mispoke. But yeah, I doubt any of the major manufacturers will join this fight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

HAHA, awesome!

Is there a place that has their old episodes available, or do I have to sign up for Glenn Beck TV to do that?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great idea to announce a plan to deal in firearms on the Internet!

i thought we were on that will not comply kick this week, my bad...

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

They were offered an exemption from the magazine law and Magpul told the legislature to fuck off, responding with their ad.

The list is for people that won't sell to LEOs and LEO agencies in ban states. Not being on the list doesn't mean a company is not pro 2ndA, it just means they don't meet the requirements for the list.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHA, awesome!

Is there a place that has their old episodes available, or do I have to sign up for Glenn Beck TV to do that?

LOL, listening to the show right now and they are even talking about the big blowup over Armalite.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Added Bullwater Enterprises, Quality Arms, and Westfork Armory.

Apparently Alexander Arms has joined in but I cannot find anything.

BullWater:
Our small company, Bullwater Enterprises LLC dba A & T Firearms out of Sylvania, Georgia is also joining these companies in refusing to do business with any state that is trampling the constitution and Bill of Rights of their citizens. We will not sell anything to any governmental agency, their contractors or employees. We will sell all lawful items to all other citizens of those states. Andrew & Tracy Orphanoudakis.

Quality Arms:

SNIP
We at Quality Arms are against any Politician, Law enforcement official, and any other organization who feels it is there right and purpose to destroy the freedoms and liberties of the citizens of this Country.

As such we consider such acts as TREASONABLE.

Therefore

Quality Arms Idaho

Will not supply any firearm or product, manufactured by us, or any other company nor will we warranty, repair, alter, or modify any firearm owned by any State, County or Municipality who infringes on the right of its citizens to bear arms under the 2nd amendment.

WestFork Armory
All New York Government and official purchases from New York Law Enforcement agencies within that state are cancelled.  All future sales will be suspended and firearm servicing is halted until your current bans further restricting law abiding citizens is lifted. This includes all sales of West Fork Armory WF-15 rifles, all magazines, optics, night vision, thermal optics, ammunition, or anything else we sale or manufacture for that matter. California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Hawaii and Maryland you’re already on the list, and Colorado will be soon on the list. We suggest all other manufacturers and dealers do the same. Let this be heard and spread the word.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The list is for people that won't sell to LEOs and LEO agencies in ban states. Not being on the list doesn't mean a company is not pro 2ndA, it just means they don't meet the requirements for the list.

Magpul cutting off sales to states with poor laws would make an even bigger dent than a rifle boycott. Rifles are but mere clubs unless they have ammo and mags. And the magpul pmags are definitely becoming the "industry standard" for reliability.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I refuse to buy from any company not on this list..  I'm about ready to start contacting manufacturers that I like and telling them straight up that they need to take our side and stop doing business with any state government that is trying to take away 2A rights.  Otherwise I am done with them and will tell everyone I know they are against us.  They need to realize they can't suck off the gov. tit forever.  WE are their largest customer base.  Support us or you WILL eventually go bankrupt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Magpul cutting off sales to states with poor laws would make an even bigger dent than a rifle boycott. Rifles are but mere clubs unless they have ammo and mags. And the magpul pmags are definitely becoming the "industry standard" for reliability.

NYPD loves them for sure.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I refuse to buy from any company not on this list..  I'm about ready to start contacting manufacturers that I like and telling them straight up that they need to take our side and stop doing business with any state government that is trying to take away 2A rights.  Otherwise I am done with them and will tell everyone I know they are against us.  They need to realize they can't suck off the gov. tit forever.  WE are their largest customer base.  Support us or you WILL eventually go bankrupt.

You might want to church it up a bit instead of just copypasta that post.    If you approach them with grace and tact then we have a much greater chance of winning them over than if we sound abrasive.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I think Cope's needs to be on the list.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1444118_LEOs_buy_their_own_rifles_.html&page=1#i38693007

Quoted:

From LE who wanted to order from us in New York. Sorry.

We are not shipping any product that the citizens of New York are not

allowed to purchase.

Sincerely,

Roger

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Cope's is on the list now
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Just waiting on Rock River.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Waiting on the Big Guys....Colt, S&W, Glock, etc....

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#40]

fucking awesome!  I love me some tops
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Has anyone called Red Jacket Firearms?  The have been known to be a game changer in the industry.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Has anyone called Red Jacket Firearms?  The have been known to be a game changer in the industry.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#43]
The Blaze Article  even talks about Armalite
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a statement out there where they said they are moving whether there is a manufacturing clause or not.
Richard Fitzpatrick, Founder, President, and CEO of Magpul Industries, said that regardless of any amendments that may be worked into the bill, he will no longer be able to continue to do business in Colorado if his core product is made illegal.

"Our company could not, in good conscience, continue to manufacture our products in a state where law-abiding citizens are prohibited from purchasing and owning them. ”
Have they and do they continue to sell and allow their distributors to sell to LEOs and departments in ban states? Yes or no. It's simple really.

ETA: Standard capacity Pmags are also banned for civilians in Denver and have been for years.

The answer is yes, our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states.  Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, "We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts).  It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power.  The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause."

So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

Just read the quote and am a little confused does this mean you will be selling LEO and Mil. in ban states the same capacity magazines as it's non-LEO and non-Mil or will they be able to purchase different capacity mags than non-LEO and non-Mil?

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, "We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts).  It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power.  The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause."

It's not about punishing anybody. It's about making them follow the same rules we have to. Also keep in mind this would only apply to ban states. We have no problem with unrestricted sales to free states, the federal government and the military (assuming no more restrictions are enacted). Also let's face it, these officers will be the same ones arresting the common man for having an item that they themselves are allowed to have.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a statement out there where they said they are moving whether there is a manufacturing clause or not.
Richard Fitzpatrick, Founder, President, and CEO of Magpul Industries, said that regardless of any amendments that may be worked into the bill, he will no longer be able to continue to do business in Colorado if his core product is made illegal.

"Our company could not, in good conscience, continue to manufacture our products in a state where law-abiding citizens are prohibited from purchasing and owning them. ”
Have they and do they continue to sell and allow their distributors to sell to LEOs and departments in ban states? Yes or no. It's simple really.

ETA: Standard capacity Pmags are also banned for civilians in Denver and have been for years.

The answer is yes, our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states.  Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, "We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts).  It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power.  The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause."

So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

Can you please put that up on your site or somewhere more official than arf.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I am disappointed in Magpul's response. For the reasons more eloquently stated by others, I can not support their position. Oh well, I didn't really need any of their furniture any way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am disappointed in Magpul's response. For the reasons more eloquently stated by others, I can not support their position. Oh well, I didn't really need any of their furniture any way.

Same here

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Those that enforce unconstitutional laws do not need your support. If you give them yours I am afraid you no longer have mine. The fact that you would sell your product to those that would arrest otherwise law abiding people for possessing your product is disappointing in the extreme. Please reconsider.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Cope's is on the list now

So much win.  I buy stuff from them on a regular basis.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top