Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I think he was using an MK760 as his subgun.

Also the trailer with Will looked pretty good. He isnt that bad of an actor and at leas the movie will have a big budget with him in it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bonus question...What was the gun Charleston Heston used in Omega Man?

Easy, Smith and Wesson M76 SMG.

Don't forget the M3 carbine with the active IR sight.

Mmmm, I'm pretty sure that was a BAR.

Yep, BAR.

Yep.
My Bad.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was a British Sterling subgun.  He also had a BAR with an IR scope on it that he used to plink the bad guys with from his balcony.  He actually had a pretty nifty setup for living quarters.  The only thing missing was Barbie the blow up doll.

It was a true Honky Paradise.

Forget the old ways!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It was a British Sterling subgun.  He also had a BAR with an IR scope on it that he used to plink the bad guys with from his balcony.  He actually had a pretty nifty setup for living quarters.  The only thing missing was Barbie the blow up doll.

Wrong about the Sterling, it is a S&W 76. Right about the BAR, also had a Ma Duece or is that a 30 cal?

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a true Honky Paradise.

Forget the old ways!

You're full of crap.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I like Will Smith. I just hope it's not a disappointment like War of the Worlds was.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#7]
www.horrorlair.com/scripts/legend.txt

Script for the proposed nineties remake with Arnold Schwarzenegger .
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

but why does Hollywierd insist on putting him in originally white parts like James West in Wild Wild West, and his role in Legend?

Yeah, putting a male human in roles made for male humans is just wrong....

Makes it even more unbelieveable.

The rock playing Pusser, that was just fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Now if Hollywood used a black man in an Audie Murphy remake you might have a point. But you don't.

The rock playing Pusser was fucked up. The old movies were way better.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I Am Legend Trailer

Looks promising, but of course it's just a teaser.

ETA:  I'm not sure I could watch it though.  The thought of going on when my family is dead is unbearable.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Why do they always fuck up remakes?

Worst so far was the rock  playing Buford Pusser.
height=8

I agree, Buford is probably still rolling in his grave over that one. politically correct hollywood garbage
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Now if Hollywood used a black man in an Audie Murphy remake you might have a point. But you don't.

Eddie Murphy might be able to pull it off......

To Hell and Back on Crack.
j/k of course I mean no disrespect to Audie.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#13]
hey maybe they'll let Tom Cruise play martin luther king in a movie.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Larry King would be better.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Need Sean Penn, Cruise isn't as qualified to play a commie.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#16]
how about oprah plays annie oakley, and barrak osama plays wild bill.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#17]
al sharpeton can play Lincoln and jessie jackson can play Davis with snoop dog can play sherman and staring as general lee denzel washington
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#18]
How would it be ok to portray audie murphy as a black guy in a movie. it would be like portraying shaka zulu as a white guy. i dont thing either of them would find it exceptable. Its not cool. Its politacally correct crap, people who think its ok are sick and out of touch with reality.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How would it be ok to portray audie murphy as a black guy in a movie. it would be like portraying shaka zulu as a white guy. i dont thing either of them would find it exceptable. Its not cool. Its politacally correct crap, people who think its ok are sick and out of touch with reality.

I agree.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Lead guy should've been R LEE, and be in tow with an "Omega Man's" S&W 76.

But what do you expect,...it's Hollyweird.

"Kill uh wait,..I mean dialog with zombies,...and oh yea, no smoking!"
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's one of the best "cult" films ever................I remember when it came out it was chilling ...........symbolic ending................

Omega Man
I thought  that the image of Chuck Heston offering up his blood in a Christ like image was a bit much though.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

but why does Hollywierd insist on putting him in originally white parts like James West in Wild Wild West, and his role in Legend?

You know you're right, I'm waiting for the all white casts of Sounder, A Raisen in the Sun, The Color Purple, To Sir with Love, Lilies of theField, and Porgy and Bess.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#24]
read I Am Legend, have not rented flick.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes it even more unbelievable.

The rock playing Pusser, that was just fucked up.

Especially since even after the war a young black male would have been looked at with suspicion while carrying all of the special weapons that James West was known to carry. I know it's fantasy but really historically speaking I have alot of trouble with the premise.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#26]
In the Will Smith version trailer why is he wearing a watch on each wrist while sleeping with his M4 in the bathrub?

Look at the gas prices in the trailer too! $6.63 a gallon for reg!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2. Watch the first movie adaptation of the book  "The Last Man on Earth" made in 1964 starring Vincent Price. You can watch it or download it free here...
www.archive.org/details/the-last-man-on-earth

VAMPIRE ZOMBIES!

Don't say that shit man!  Gives me the willies
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#28]
who cares if will smith is black?  does the character have to be white?  saying that tom cruise should play MLK, jr is dumb.  It's an important part of MLK's persona that he was black.  Why does the character in a remake of a movie that didnt even follow the original book that well have to be white?

As far as the Rock playing the dude from Walking Tall, it was meant more as a tribute or a continuation of the story than as a remake.  When they talk about the previous sherriff dying in a car accident, they are referring to Pusser.

And as far as I, Robot being a bad remake, the tie-in to I, Robot was an aftrthought.  The script was written and someone pointed out it was similar in concept to I, Robot so they added a few lines in order to make the tie-in.  As an action movie on its own I, Robot is pretty good, as a movie based on I, Robot it sucks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He is a good actor that has a bog box office draw?

Dude are you on dope? I have seen better acting on elementary school playgrounds!

His millions in the bank and many blockbuster successes seem to say otherwise...

So by the same logic, Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are great actors too?

Will Smith sucks.

The average movie goer simply has no fucking taste.

Look at how many "blockbusters" over the years have been absolute shit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
In the Will Smith version trailer why is he wearing a watch on each wrist while sleeping with his M4 in the bathrub?

Look at the gas prices in the trailer too! $6.63 a gallon for reg!

In the book, Neville got into an ugly situation when his watch stopped.  You'd wear two watches too, if your life depended on knowing the time the sun set.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#31]
The Omega Man is practically an ARFCOM Survival Forum Must See; the movie was pretty good for its time.

A bit of "Omega Man" trivia; an anyone fully identify the weaponry setup that Heston uses in the movie?

Hint: Part of the weapon was derived from German designs used in WW2, nicknamed "Vampire".
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I Am Legend Trailer

ETA:  I'm not sure I could watch it though.  The thought of going on when my family is dead is unbearable.

The thought of going on when my family is dead isn't entirely unbearable for me. There's always the idea of fucking over whoever did it to keep me warm at night.

And when the ones who did it are a plague of zombies, well, I'm gonna stay nice and toasty for quite a while while I deal with the problem, now aren't I.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I Am Legend Trailer

The thought of going on when my family is dead isn't entirely unbearable for me. There's always the idea of fucking over whoever did it to keep me warm at night.

And when the ones who did it are a plague of zombies, well, I'm gonna stay nice and toasty for quite a while while I deal with the problem, now aren't I.

Oh that new Kevin Bacon movie looks like it may be built for you:
www.deathsentencemovie.com/
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top