Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's pics from the McCain Rally in Colorado Springs today:

The story about the flags was told before being handed out

The candidates speaking:

tough to see, 10,000 tickets for event were given out
Cindy McCain in orange/green, Sen. McCain to her right (your left), and Gov. Palin to his right (your left)

the candidates leaving the rally.

BYE  

the speeches were rehashed stump speeches, but it was fun to hear and see them in person  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Democrats say McCain STOLE THEIR FLAGS!!

Are you serious?

yup I is

I guess they stole their empty bottles and frozen pizza boxes too...

Nonsense, that's a perfectly fine way to store an American flag.

How dare you question their patriotism!

According to the Flag Store it is.

The United States Flag Store, which sells full-sized and miniature flags, says on its Web site that flags can also be put in the trash, when they are “worn, damaged or tattered beyond repair.”

Take a look at the pictures, those flags are practically brand new.

Far from being damaged beyond repair.

They're claiming that they didn't trash the flags, but Republicans "stole the flags".
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's pics from the McCain Rally in Colorado Springs today:

The story about the flags was told before being handed out

i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/hrandy62/Xmas_2007__McCain_rally029.jpg

The candidates speaking:

tough to see, 10,000 tickets for event were given out
Cindy McCain in orange/green, Sen. McCain to her right (your left), and Gov. Palin to his right (your left)

i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/hrandy62/Xmas_2007__McCain_rally040.jpg

the candidates leaving the rally.

BYE  

i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/hrandy62/Xmas_2007__McCain_rally053.jpg

the speeches were rehashed stump speeches, but it was fun to hear and see them in person  

Awesome.

Is there a rally schedule anywhere? They gotta be coming to KC. They say MO is a swing state.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
No shit, my birthday is on Flag Day. You have no idea how much this burns my ass. I'd rather these people burn the flag and show their true colors versus dumping them in the trash. Fucking low-lifes....
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey,

Just to clear some things up.

The trash bag pictures of the flag intermixed with garbage is from the DNC convention.

The flags that were passed out today were new, unused, but in trash bags for a week and a day next to the dumpsters at Invesco.

From this article:

blogs.denverpost.com/opinion/2008/09/06/republican-recycling/

UPDATE: I just spoke with the person at Invesco who found the flags and he thinks both sides are exaggerating a bit. The person claims the majority of the bags with flags in them were near the trash, on a dock, and would have been thrown away. The person thinks it was probably an “oversight” by the Democrats rather than any nefarious plot against the flag. But the person doesn’t believe anyone was coming to get them: “The flags were there for a week and a day and no one came looking for them.”

A great comment from LGF:

Invesco was jam packed for Obama's big speech. I'm guessing that everyone who walked through the gates was offered a free flag but they weren't such a hot item. Literally speaking, they couldn't give them away. As to how to "get rid of them" C'mon. You want to lead a Nation and you are throwing out thousands of brand new American flags? If they had any business sense about them, they could have sold them. On eBay.

Now I bet if they were handing out Che' T shirts or "Free Mumia" bumper stickers, they wouldn't have had any leftovers.

/end

Kevin "Sounds like a good story."

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Another picture of the Colorado Springs rally, courtesy of politicket over at Free Republic:

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Yeah, I'm glad he didn't pick Romney.

Holy shit has Sarah set the GOP on FIRE.

Kevin ""
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I mentioned in another thread that I was at the McCain/Palin rally in Michigan yesterday. Palin has a rockstar like following.  I was amazed at how the crowd reacted to her.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top