Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
when i first saw the devastation of the quake, i instantly had the idea... damn this came a few decades too late.
imagine if this happened during WWII...
so many american lives would have been saved.

that said, OP, they are referring to the level of destruction. not trying to discredit their deserving the ass whooping they got in WWII
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, screw the Japanese, they started a war with us once.

But, as long as we are on the subject. Remember that New Zealand quake? Well, they were part of the British Empire and they burned down our capitol in the war of 1812. So screw them too… and Canada.

Screw the Mexicans (Mexican American war) and the Spanish (Spanish American war) too. And the Germans, Italians, and the Russians (cold war.) Screw the French (on general principles) and the entire fucking Middle East for obvious reason. China can go screw themselves for the Korean war… Korea was occupied by Japan in WWII so screw them for helping the Japanese. Screw the Indians (feather) for all the raids and screw the Indians (dot) for taking our tech support jobs. And all you damn Yankees… screw you for the Civil War and Sherman. And all the Southerners that voted for the Democrats… screw all y’all. And you Auburn fans can kiss my ass.

Basically, screw everybody on the whole planet. Somehow every single one of you, or your ancestors, has done something bad to me, or my ancestors. I ain’t in the forgiving mood so screw every last one of you...
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
since WWII. WTF? Are they implying  that they weren't responsible for it? That they didn't start the war in the Pacific? That they weren't the aggressors? That the war was disaster that was just foisted on them?

I didnt take it that way, although historically the Japanese have had trouble when it comes to assignment of blame for WW2.

My point exactly. WWII could have been avoided (by them) , to make any comparisons to their current situation is ridiculous.

No cause we still would have to go after hitler.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
since WWII. WTF? Are they implying  that they weren't responsible for it? That they didn't start the war in the Pacific? That they weren't the aggressors? That the war was disaster that was just foisted on them?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
WWII was a disaster for the Japanese.

I'm amazed that anyone finds this a controversial statement.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I would tend to think that having two cities entirely annihilated, and your entire industrial capacity destroyed a disaster, yes. A man-made disaster.

That does not mean that they didn't deserve it at the time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes, the Japanese started the war with us.  And with China, and Russia.

And they paid for it in blood, and have the "honor" of being the only nation in history to recieve canned sunshine in anger.  Twice.

WE started war with England.  Twice.  They seem to have forgiven us for that, and are our best allies (despite what Obama thinks).

WWII is over.  They started it, and we kicked their teeth down their throat.  They are our best allies in the Pacific now.  Don't hate on 'em, pray for them.

Looking for permission to use "canned sunshine" in future conversations of mine.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't overthink this.  To the average Japanese citizen, both the A-bombs and this earthquake are disasters.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Even if they started it, WWII was a disaster for them in the end.

+1

WWII hit them very badly, even without the bombing. The country wasn't wealthy enough to fight a multi––front war. Both the homefront and the military starved.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, the Japanese started the war with us. And with China, and Russia.

And they paid for it in blood, and have the "honor" of being the only nation in history to recieve canned sunshine in anger. Twice.

WE started war with England. Twice. They seem to have forgiven us for that, and are our best allies (despite what Obama thinks).

WWII is over. They started it, and we kicked their teeth down their throat. They are our best allies in the Pacific now. Don't hate on 'em, pray for them.

Looking for permission to use "canned sunshine" in future conversations of mine.

Don't look for it from Loki41872, that's not an original phrase. And I don't think it's copywrited.

Nope... not my phrase.  Hear it daily on arfcom, and heard it before even coming here.  Use it at will.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Some Japanese see WWII as a disaster brought upon the people by their leaders.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#14]
And now it's time for the adventures of Captain Extrapolation!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#15]
System Message may have to start locking other things soon.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top