Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
OST
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]
16 letters completed for those listed, as well as my local Senators and Representatives, plus thank you letters to the Democratic Reps that signed the letter to AG Holder.

Before you hit "active topics" again to see what else has been said in the latest "we're doomed" thread, take the time to write letter at least to those individuals named in the OP. Yeah, it takes a few precious moments away from the ranting and bickering, but it sends the message that there ARE people concerned about this issue and will vote accordingly in the next election.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Tea party bump!
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]
BTT.
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#7]
In and BTT
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#8]
just fired off emails to all my senators and representatives in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#9]
It might be a good idea to add a specific list of proposed legislation to the OP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Feel free to mix & match and cut & paste these letters in any way you see fit. Also, please add your own unique sample letters for others to draw ideas & inspiration from.

Here's what I came up with in response to Gov. Ed Rendell's comments, might give some ideas for letters:

Honorable [NAME]:

I note with great displeasure that Governor Ed Rendell recently called for the reinstatement of a Federal Gun Ban.

As your constituent, I would like to inform you of my uncompromising and absolute opposition to any legislation, policy, initiative, organization, bureaucrat, or politician that seeks to subvert the United States Constitution by infringing upon my right to keep and bear arms. Specifically, I oppose the following at every level of government:

• The Federal "Assault" Weapon Ban for which Governor Ed Rendell recently voiced support.

• Gun registration or licensing.

• Any database of guns or ballistic information that is not evidence to an actual crime.

• Gun owner registration or licensing.

• Any database of gun owners.

• Gun bans or restrictions: including, but not limited to bans or restrictions on semi-automatic, high-capacity, or military-pattern handguns, rifles, or shotguns.

• Ammunition databases, registration, microstamping, or licensing.

• Mandatory "smart gun" technology.

• Waiting periods for purchases of guns or ammunition.

• Any restrictions or limit on the number of guns or amount of ammunition that may be purchased at one time or over a definite or indefinite time period.

• Regulation or monitoring of private transactions. (E.g., the deceitfully named "gun show loophole.")

• Any legislation, policy, edict, or initiative that would or does function to restrict or decrease the availability or increase the cost of guns, ammunition, or reloading supplies or components for any United States citizen who has not forfeited his or her rights by commission and conviction of a violent crime.

I am not deceived by the lies of politicians who, through ignorance or malice, misrepresent the operation or usefulness of firearms. I am sickened by the crass indifference of politicians and bureaucrats who dance in the blood of innocent victims to garner support for their lies. I am alarmed by the eagerness with which politicians equate gun owners with murderers and terrorists, and the enthusiasm with which these same politicians seek to render gun owners helpless against their attacks. I am actively educating my family, friends, and neighbors regarding the lies and deceits being pushed, so that they will know how to vote in future elections.

Where do you stand on the proposed Federal Gun Ban, and what action(s) will you take to safeguard my right to keep and bear arms and repeal unjust laws already in place?

Sincerely,
[YOUR NAME]
[ADDRESS]
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump cause it should have never been untacked.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Bumped again
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Fight for freedom bump!
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#14]
BTT.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Letters sent.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#16]
i've written to every one of my reps, at least 2-3 times now voicing that opinion, and i've heard back from every one of them and they all state they oppose any new legislation, and instead want to see what's currently in place actually enforced.  Obviously, they may be just talking shit, but I tend to believe them, at least for now.  the only people I have not heard a response from was from the federal government (Obama etc) and i'm sure it's because they don't like what i had to say, and that I told them i'd vocally try and prevent them from ever being re-elected to any office if they passed that law :)

here's to hoping it works!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Get your rear in gear bump!
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got one email back today from one of my Senators.

Dear Mr. Burban89:

Thank you for expressing your position on gun control.

I do not support an outright ban on guns nor restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens to possess guns. However, the biggest threat to Second Amendment and privacy rights is gun-related crime. In the absence of safeguards that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and distinguish between lawful and unlawful use of firearms, concerns regarding personal safety could fuel greater support for an outright ban on gun ownership.

Gun owners and gun safety advocates can and should work together to reduce gun violence without compromising the Second Amendment or privacy rights of law-abiding Americans. As the Senate considers these issues, I will support common sense reforms that balance the rights of gun owners with the need to increase public safety and protect the public from gun violence. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown

Sounds about right for that clown, he must have the same response to all of the pro-gun folks....but I still write anyhow, knowing what he will say in return.  

It's a damn shame, and almost a waste of time knowing in advance where they stand and what the response to your voice will be. How in the hell are we supposed to get the criminals to stop using firearms the way the do?

I mean really, WTF do these politicians want us to do when they don't follow the laws already on the books? They don't care about laws, they don't care about anything other than drugs, pussy and money.

How about actually locking these pukes up, institute the death penalty and maybe, just maybe it will slow down....but oh hell no, all of the bleeding hearts won't let that happen. "He had a rough childhood, blah blah blah"

Well, so did I, my Dad was a mean, ruthless drunk and beat my ass when I stepped out of line, and you don't see me gunning people down, this madness has got to stop somewhere, somehow.

I'm not prepared to just hand over what weapons I may or may not have just because one part of society is mis-using theirs, that's just down right BS.

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Bump.....this NEEDS to be tacked!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Done

Thanks for providing the sample letters, and the addresses.
I am not very good at writing letters
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top