BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I vaguely remember several black characters, including a kid and his mom in an episode about christmas trees (wait...was she single a single mom? ffs, dukes!).  Most of the rest were FBI guys. I also recall a reefer smuggler.  

But in reality, how many of us would really be living in Hazzard county in the first place? For heaven's sake, there were two wild ass white guys commiting crimes, driving around paved and unpaved roads at 180MPH with a rebel flag on the roof!  With a fuckin corrupt sherrif like Boss Hogg running the law, they'd could do hit and runs all over our black asses day after day and not even get a fix-it ticket for the broken windshield. I can hear the sheriff's department's press release now, "The Duke boys? Harmless. In fact, you could say they're just some good ol boys; never meant any harm..."

Not to mention their fine-ass cousin Daisy was just lynchin' bait if I ever saw it. Even that retard Roscoe could fall off a cliff gawkin at dat ass, but I'm liable to get hanged for whistlin at her? Come on, son!
View Quote

Ahhhh lynchbait.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No kidding WTF, dude?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't reckon they wanted anyone stealing the show I guess.

Ouch!

I don't remember the character "Sheriff Ed Little" but then again I wasn't much of a fan. Even at 19 I though the show was pretty stupid...except for Daisy Duke.

there was a LOT of particularly stupid TV shows on back then: Night Rider, The Gay Team , Buck Rogers (except for Erin Grey), and the insipid "Love Boat".

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!  

No kidding WTF, dude?

Princess Ardalla was WAAAAY hotter than Wilma Deering.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You're a pretty good ole gal CBF.  Cheers, and a safe holiday to you!  
View Quote

Lol!!!

Thank you and I hope you are having a great 4th as well!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ouch!

I don't remember the character "Sheriff Ed Little" but then again I wasn't much of a fan. Even at 19 I though the show was pretty stupid...except for Daisy Duke.

there was a LOT of particularly stupid TV shows on back then: Night Rider, The Gay Team , Buck Rogers (except for Erin Grey), and the insipid "Love Boat".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch!

The Love Boat had Lauren Tewes spectacular pokies!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]
where there any white folk on the Jeffersons?  Moving on up....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ouch!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch!

Magnum PI saved that decade. Otherwise? Just shit on tape.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope you weren't trying to make a point...Because there were a bunch of white people on the Jeffersons...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I hope you weren't trying to make a point...Because there were a bunch of white people on the Jeffersons...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit, and one of them was a main character who was married to a black woman. If I'm not mistaken, it was probably the first interracial marriage on a prime time TV series.

Tom and Helen Willis:

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]

The Dukes of Hazzard was not racist.

An argument could be made that it was sexist, but it was not racist.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No shit, and one of them was a recurring character who was married to a black women. If I'm not mistaken, it was probably the first interracial marriage on a prime time TV series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit, and one of them was a recurring character who was married to a black women. If I'm not mistaken, it was probably the first interracial marriage on a prime time TV series.

Yep plus Mr. Bently (his neighbor)...plus Ralph (the doorman) and Allan (the Willis' son)

I dont think this went the way he intended it to go *lmao*
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
But Different Strokes was DEFINITELY racist.        

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But Different Strokes was DEFINITELY racist.          
View Quote

In before WhatyoutalkingaboutWillis.jpg

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top