BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:51:16 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is a "new" manufacture Delta, 2008, iirc. It's been back once for another slide and barrel to "fix" it. Now it only bulges hot 10mm, instead of everything, including Blazer aluminum. Pistol seemed to run ok, save for these being ejected, of course.

View Quote

Okay, thread derail...

Have you tried a 25# mainspring and a flat-bottom firing pin stop?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:52:26 PM EDT
Any word on when these will be available for purchase?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:07:11 PM EDT
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

I think I'm gonna fo on this one. I've always thought it was an interesting pistol, but I didn't want another 9mm pistol that would need different mags from what I've got now (a couple of CZs, and a hand full of Beretta 92's).

I've wanted a 10mm pistol that I could actually shoot for a while now, instead of a Delta Elite that sits in the safe because its unsafe to shoot because it bulges cases.
View Quote

You know the cure for that? An aftermarket barrel. I have a Bar-Sto in mine. It's a 90 model and it wasn't bulging anything but I thought better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:10:45 PM EDT
Can we get one in 7.62x25? Please please pretty please?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:20:50 PM EDT
I've been thinking about getting into 10mm lately. This gun is going on my list.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:22:30 PM EDT
That's a sexy pistol
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:27:10 PM EDT
Quoted:

Okay, thread derail...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a "new" manufacture Delta, 2008, iirc. It's been back once for another slide and barrel to "fix" it. Now it only bulges hot 10mm, instead of everything, including Blazer aluminum. Pistol seemed to run ok, save for these being ejected, of course.

Okay, thread derail...

Yes on the heavier mainspring (tossed the colt recoil setup into the trashcan), on a one piece guide rod, with a shock buff. No on the flat firing pin stop. I haven't really shot it much, though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:29:22 PM EDT
Quoted:

You know the cure for that? An aftermarket barrel. I have a Bar-Sto in mine. It's a 90 model and it wasn't bulging anything but I thought better safe than sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

I think I'm gonna fo on this one. I've always thought it was an interesting pistol, but I didn't want another 9mm pistol that would need different mags from what I've got now (a couple of CZs, and a hand full of Beretta 92's).

I've wanted a 10mm pistol that I could actually shoot for a while now, instead of a Delta Elite that sits in the safe because its unsafe to shoot because it bulges cases.

The cost to have a proper ramped barrel installed goes a long way towards a proper 10mm pistol in the first place.

But yeah, one of these days its going to be sent to someone good, and modified accordingly.

Until then, fuck it, it will live in my safe, wrapped in plastic, and covered in oil.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:30:40 PM EDT
Quoted:

Yes on the heavier mainspring (tossed the colt recoil setup into the trashcan), on a one piece guide rod, with a shock buff. No on the flat firing pin stop. I haven't really shot it much, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, thread derail...

Not recoil spring, mainspring (hammer spring)... that and the flat bottom FPS keep the gun in battery a little longer (without battering the shit out of it like a super-heavy recoil spring).

Ted Yost told me about this when he did it to my Delta.  I've run a lot of hot Doubletap stuff with no pressure signs at all.  Did the same thing myself (along with a small frame rail cut to avoid the "cracking" problem of early Deltas) to my 10mm Para-Ord gun with just as good a result.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:35:51 PM EDT
Quoted:

Not recoil spring, mainspring (hammer spring)... that and the flat bottom FPS keep the gun in battery a little longer (without battering the shit out of it like a super-heavy recoil spring).

Ted Yost told me about this when he did it to my Delta.  I've run a lot of hot Doubletap stuff with no pressure signs at all.  Did the same thing myself (along with a small frame rail cut to avoid the "cracking" problem of early Deltas) to my 10mm Para-Ord gun with just as good a result.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, thread derail...

Ah, I misread.

No, it still has the stock mainspring. I've heard similar, for the same reasons. I may just try that as a solution first.

Well, before I save up the cash, and it goes off to somewhere like Novak, or Wilson Combat.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:37:59 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, thread derail...

Yep; flat bottom FPS and a slightly heavier MS in the DE is a good idea. Slows the unlock without adding a  bunch of battering a heavy recoil spring imparts; wont do shit for the unsupported barrel though. As long as you use new, quality brass you should be ok.

BTW, are you serious about throwing the OEM recoil spring/guide rod away? I'd love to have it if you don't want it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:40:31 PM EDT
Quoted:

Yep; flat bottom FPS and a slightly heavier MS in the DE is a good idea. Slows the unlock without adding a  bunch of battering a heavy recoil spring imparts; wont do shit for the unsupported barrel though. As long as you use new, quality brass you should be ok.

BTW, are you serious about throwing the OEM recoil spring/guide rod away? I'd love to have it if you don't want it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, thread derail...

Only mildly.

I like to keep my OEM Colt parts around, because the collectors like that shit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:43:51 PM EDT
Very interesting pistol
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:56:01 PM EDT
Quoted:
Only mildly.

I like to keep my OEM Colt parts around, because the collectors like that shit.
View Quote

I've had a bunch of DEs, and I've been down all these roads with them over the years. I've come to the conclusion that the OEM setup is ok; the guide rod is designed to act as a consumable buffer that you replace as it deteriorates. I just change the FSP and religate them to decent 10mm loadings like Winchester ST and Hornady and GA Arms stuff, and leave the hot Doubletap and the like to my other 10mm guns with more chamber support.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:23:57 PM EDT
One of these and an Arex Zero 1 9mm are on my list of things that need to end up in my safe in 2016.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.