Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see his name often here. So for the Cruz supporters tell me why I should support him.

I watch Fox news, listen to Rush maybe 10-times a year and local talk radio daily. I vote Republican but I'm not political junkie when it comes to internal GOP politics.

Here is what I "know" about Cruz.

He looks Latino.
He has a Latino last name.
He's fat which makes him resemble a cartoon dog.
He's a Republican
Republicans seem to like him.

Tell me what i need to know about him? Be specific not vague catch phrases like "supports the constitution"
View Quote

When did TC get fat? Did Christie send him some Jersey doughnuts for Christmas or somethin'?

Here's some of my favorite Cruz stuff out on the ole 'net.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
He's one of the very few people in washington who has made a serious effort to repeal obamacare.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
As soon as he secured his seat in the Senate he began pushing the conservative agenda and using parliamentary tactics to show the duplicity of Republicans who preached those things to their voter but toed the line in Washington Dc.

Ted Cruz is also a lot smarter and more highly educated than most other senators.  Before being elected he was Texas's representative in cases heard in the Supreme Court.

He's the real deal, he's not sneaky or deceptive about who he is and what he believes, and what he believes is completely aligned with what I believe and think.

If he runs I  will max out my donations to him ASAP.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Cruz is the real deal.  I really believe that.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Cruz is pretty much right on every issue.  I like him a lot, but he is more of an attack dog.  I don't see him being very competitive in a Presidential race unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#6]
didn't we do one these just the other day?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]
It may be relevant that maI suspect that you also "know" that Cruz is responsible for the tragic government shutdown, right?  
But here's a clue on the off chance you're serious, rather than just trying to stir up shit.

Ted Cruz vs. CRomnibus

ETA: After reading all the anti-Cruz thoughts in this thread, I'm changing my vote.  Clearly Cruz is untested and ineffective.  I'm voting for Jeb/Christie in 2016, because they have that Electability thing that MSNBC told me Cruz doesn't have.  CNN told me that the voters are tired of Texans, too!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Other than his anti-gay marriage stuff, he is who I'm voting for.

"Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness" includes gays.  It's a silly argument that makes us look like assholes, and we'll never win in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay OP I'll play your game.

He is the son of a Cuban immigrant. He literally had NOTHING and with hard work became prosperous.
He is UBER conservative and stands up not only to the dems but to the Rinos as well.
He is the living embodiment of the American dream.
He is pro 2A
He is anti abortion
He is Christian
He is for smaller government
He is pro .mil

View Quote

This he would have my support.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Other than his anti-gay marriage stuff, he is who I'm voting for.

"Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness" includes gays.  It's a silly argument that makes us look like assholes, and we'll never win in the long run.
View Quote

But...But...But..the social values stuff has WORKED for them Soooo  much    

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#11]
It will be said, again.., that he is not as electable as those who have been soundly beaten in the multiple elections before him. Therefore, the only sane choice is to go with one of these soundly beaten moderates... again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#12]
He has balls to stand up to the establishment.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It will be said, again.., that he is not as electable as those who have been soundly beaten in the multiple elections before him. Therefore, the only sane choice is to go with one of these soundly beaten moderates... again.
View Quote

It's Their TURN after all......  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#15]
He is a moderate libertarian and an ardent supporter of the constitution. He is an excellent compromise candidate between libertarian and socially conservative Republicans.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Beliefs are important as well, as long as they are specific.

Just as an example of catch phrase versus specifics.  "Pro military" doesnt say much. "Marine corp veteren of Desert Storm who supports a 15% military pay raise and matching increase in VA disability paments" says more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about instead of listing what he believes, you list his accomplishments. What he believes is irrelevant if he can't get the job done.

Beliefs are important as well, as long as they are specific.

Just as an example of catch phrase versus specifics.  "Pro military" doesnt say much. "Marine corp veteren of Desert Storm who supports a 15% military pay raise and matching increase in VA disability paments" says more.

You two make a great couple.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top