PSA
Member Login

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:54:34 AM EDT
Go Ted
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:54:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
hes 100% right.  its too bad people cant understand this shit.  the political agenda is disgusting.  

id guess that no matter what laws are passed, Ted will do as he pleases.  

I'm sure he won't be the only one...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:09:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By swingset:
He's an intelligent man, and can be very articulate...he started out that way on this clip.

But, he's too prone to hyperbole and grandiose delivery...and it strikes people who aren't fans as loony or pompous.

I agree with everything he said, most all of us do, but do we need convincing?

There's my problem with Ted, or Ann Coulter, or anyone on our side that's bombastic. He could convey a more effective and persuasive argument without the slogans and jingoism and chest puffing.

I've been knocked off my beliefs by people a time or two, but it was never by someone coming at me like a sledge hammer...it was by rational, calm, and intelligent dissection of why I was wrong.

I agree with you. I think he's great. Look at my screen name. He says great things but sometimes ruins it by getting a little crazy for people that aren't used to it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:23:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By webtaz99:

He's an intelligent man, and can be very articulate...he started out that way on this clip.

But, he's too prone to hyperbole and grandiose delivery...and it strikes people who aren't fans as loony or pompous.

There's my problem with Ted, or Ann Coulter, or anyone on our side that's bombastic. He could convey a more effective and persuasive argument without the slogans and jingoism and chest puffing.

I've been knocked off my beliefs by people a time or two, but it was never by someone coming at me like a sledge hammer...it was by rational, calm, and intelligent dissection of why I was wrong.

Liberals don't think, they "feel".

It's not the liberals we need to reach. There are people who are just uninformed, but open to reasonable explanation.

They are turned off by hyperbole and grandstanding.

Gun nuts love Ted, but we don't need convincing. We need allies, and I've seen people turn around on guns but it wasn't done with bombastic speeches.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:38:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
The Nuge sounds like he would be fun to hang around with.

For about 5 minutes maybe.  

Being pro gun and being great at parties aren't necessarily the same thing.

He's not a lib, so, might be a bit too much for some, less conservative folks...
TXL
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:42:40 AM EDT

It's not the liberals we need to reach. There are people who are just uninformed, but open to reasonable explanation.

Gun nuts love Ted, but we don't need convincing. We need allies, and I've seen people turn around on guns but it wasn't done with bombastic speeches.

Well said.  However, passion affects some folks more than others.  I think Ted would fall into that category.

TXL
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:44:44 AM EDT

You're not a libtard though. You gotta give a libtard something they can 'feel'.

A shovel to the face works well.....

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:47:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Clarinath:

Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Originally Posted By GrasshopperNOmore:

Not really the speech for a PBS audience, IMO.

Oh, please. Just because they are stuck-up doesn't mean they won't understand the truth of his statements. The audience was engaging him. Would you rather he be in a leisure suit and pipe as he said the fundamental truth that "I AM A FREE MAN."

Jesus, John the Baptist, and Thomas Paine also pissed a lot of people off with their delivery. Seemed to work out in the end.

Jesus was crucified, John was beheaded and Thomas Paine's body was dug up and lost over time. Sounds like everything turned out great for them.

They each had the balls to stand up for their beliefs.

Seems a lot of people on this board are short on testosterone....
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:57:35 AM EDT
Good stuff from Nugent.

But holy crap. That host...

It sure doesn't look like he has too many synapses firing. But he has that leftist constipated sneer down pat.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:59:28 AM EDT
God bless Uncle Ted!

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:42:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By m193:
The 2A doesn't mention paroled felons.  Otherwise I like Ted's message.

Paroled?  No.  I'm okay with the terms of parole limiting someone's access until they are out of parole.  After all, it is kind of a probationary period.

But if you have done your time, and are deemed safe enough to be released back into society, then you should have the same right to defend yourself as anyone else.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:52:30 AM EDT
uncle Ted tell it like it...always has !  
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:48:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pcsutton:

Oh, please. Just because they are stuck-up doesn't mean they won't understand the truth of his statements. The audience was engaging him. Would you rather he be in a leisure suit and pipe as he said the fundamental truth that "I AM A FREE MAN."

Jesus, John the Baptist, and Thomas Paine also pissed a lot of people off with their delivery. Seemed to work out in the end.

Jesus was crucified, John was beheaded and Thomas Paine's body was dug up and lost over time. Sounds like everything turned out great for them.

Yeah, he should have buttstroked the whole audience then pissed in their mouths. That's how a fuckin' man would do it.

Then he'd write a song about titty-fuckin a chick with his love snake.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:50:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pcsutton:

Yeah, he should have buttstroked the whole audience then pissed in their mouths. That's how a fuckin' man would do it.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:52:23 AM EDT
Tagged for later
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:01:12 PM EDT

Beautiful!

I agree with the sentiment that this is not how we attract people to our side...liberals, moderates or otherwise. The Nuge sounds fantastic to us (and maybe that's what it takes to get more of us at the polls), but we need some converts as well if we want this country back.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:28:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RaisedByWolves:

Originally Posted By zealgroup:
If this is a dupe, I don't care, it needs to be repeated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWjDrNltSg&feature=player_embedded

Wasn't he going to move?

Ted and I were talking the other day, we decided you should move instead.

Simple minds think alike.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:29:46 PM EDT

You just saved me some typing.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:30:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gwitness:

It's one they need to hear.

And it's the one they will reject out of hand, because of piss poor delivery.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:35:02 PM EDT
I see that the holy and angelic choir is totally behind the blood brother message. That's expected.

Now how many of the non-choir (the ones that sit at home and can't sing) are on board, on account of what he said?

*crickets*

That's right, NONE. Fat lot of good, he did. I wouldn't dare show this video to a lefty, on the fence about guns. I value my freedom too much.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:22:27 PM EDT

There's always Penn Jillette.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:45:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Subnet:
I see that the holy and angelic choir is totally behind the blood brother message. That's expected.

Now how many of the non-choir (the ones that sit at home and can't sing) are on board, on account of what he said?

*crickets*

That's right, NONE. Fat lot of good, he did. I wouldn't dare show this video to a lefty, on the fence about guns. I value my freedom too much.

and how many got off the boat?   I'm at the point of where I don't give a damn what the fucking fence sitters think...if they lack the wherewithal to see the truth...and it hurts their "wittle feewlings" to hear it...then to hell with them.  and don't doubt for a minutes that a lefty won't throw you and everyone else under the bus for their social experiments....the reason we are where  we are now is because of weak kneed whiners who are afraid of "offending someone who might like guns"
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:13:44 PM EDT

There's always Penn Jillette.

He's a reasonable and articulate advocate for
libertarian beliefs, I like him a lot. He's very hard to debate, in the
arena of ideas and that's the kind of spokesman for the 2nd amendment we desperately need for PBS appearances...not a caricature of gun culture who plays into people's preconceived ideas about gun nuts by acting too nutty.

I'd rather see Tom Selleck or James Earl Jones asked about guns than Nugent. They carry some respect amongst normal people, and Ted is lampooned.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:23:05 PM EDT

*crickets*

and how many got off the boat?   I'm at the point of where I don't give a damn what the fucking fence sitters think...if they lack the wherewithal to see the truth...and it hurts their "wittle feewlings" to hear it...then to hell with them.  and don't doubt for a minutes that a lefty won't throw you and everyone else under the bus for their social experiments....the reason we are where  we are now is because of weak kneed whiners who are afraid of "offending someone who might like guns"

Yup, we'll win the war by turning people off and further marginalizing ourselves.

I don't care what you're tired of, I want to win this not feel good while I'm losing.

You know, right now we're starting to turn the tide on gun rights...states and local issues are turning our way, and all of these scare tactics by Obama's liberals are turning a whole shit load of people into new gun owners. It's precisely the time to give people honest, lucid, and rational reasons why we need the 2nd amendment in our daily lives with plain talk - not the time to get all whacky and over the top.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:50:37 PM EDT

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:03:55 PM EDT

*crickets*

Yup, we'll win the war by turning people off and further marginalizing ourselves.

I don't care what you're tired of, I want to win this not feel good while I'm losing.

You know, right now we're starting to turn the tide on gun rights...states and local issues are turning our way, and all of these scare tactics by Obama's liberals are turning a whole shit load of people into new gun owners. It's precisely the time to give people honest, lucid, and rational reasons why we need the 2nd amendment in our daily lives with plain talk - not the time to get all whacky and over the top.

you just are not getting it...if they aren't with us now, they never will be.  but you go ahead and play your PC games since it seems to make you feel better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:09:18 PM EDT
Ted Nugent has done more to strip gun owners of their firearms than any liberal could ever dream of. Petty gun legislation has failed time and time again because of the lack of widespread support for gun control. Every time Ted opens his dumb mouth he pushes the culture of firearm ownership further and further into obscurity and stupidity. He embodies the dumb redneck. The trigger happy macho douchebag with a hero complex. He is everything that turns the next generation of potential firearm owners away from firearms. In the following decades when we see more and more gun control legislation pass, you can thanks guys like Ted Nugent just as much as Obama or Feinstein.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2012 9:20:43 PM EDT by dogfacepappy]

That is EXACTLY the speech for the PBS audience.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:24:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cole_bie:
Ted Nugent has done more to strip gun owners of their firearms than any liberal could ever dream of. Petty gun legislation has failed time and time again because of the lack of widespread support for gun control. Every time Ted opens his dumb mouth he pushes the culture of firearm ownership further and further into obscurity and stupidity. He embodies the dumb redneck. The trigger happy macho douchebag with a hero complex. He is everything that turns the next generation of potential firearm owners away from firearms. In the following decades when we see more and more gun control legislation pass, you can thanks guys like Ted Nugent just as much as Obama or Feinstein.

So, what have YOU done better than Ted Nugent in any aspect of life? I doubt you're fit to washout his used rubbers, or hold his pecker when he pisses. In fact, You're probably a whiny liberal who is here just to troll the site.

Are you familiar?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:52:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dogfacepappy:

So, what have YOU done better than Ted Nugent in any aspect of life? I doubt you're fit to washout his used rubbers, or hold his pecker when he pisses. In fact, You're probably a whiny liberal who is here just to troll the site.

Are you familiar?

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:57:11 PM EDT
Am I weird?

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:02:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Colonel_Angus:

Originally Posted By Rem8-7-0:

gotta love Ted

If I could have dinner with one famous person, I think it would be Ted

For $3750.00 you can. You get a hunt at his place and then have dinner with Uncle Ted. http://www.tednugent.com/sunrize/sunrize_details.aspx?albumId=04aebebe-a520-4803-9163-ed1c49215e76

He used to have pig hunts with dinner with him included for $600 but I dont see it on the list now.

Damn, that would be nice, but I can buy a Colt 6920 for that much money.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:21:36 PM EDT
I want uncle ted to baptize my first born
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:54:35 PM EDT

Hyperbole or grandstanding? We either have an inalienable right to self defense or we do not! Rational people will obviously agree that we do. Why the fuck should we have to play anymore word games with these motherfuckers?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:59:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2012 11:03:10 PM EDT by hughjafj]

*crickets*

Ahh, bullshit! Compromise and word gaming shit has gotten us where we are.

I find it fucking amazing that you two couldn't even muster yourselves to compromise for the good of this country this last election, so we wouldn't even be here discussing this right now, and here you two are telling us we should compromise the fucking 2nd by rejecting a strong proponent of the second amendment.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:05:54 PM EDT

*crickets*

You might be squishy and not like to hear the truth about our inalienable rights and need some dumbass old coot named Paul parsing it nicely for you but most in this country do not. Hell, just look around at the people the average American thinks is a smart guy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:09:42 PM EDT

now thats a great line

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:16:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MrVegas:
Fuck yeah, Ted!

+1 VOTE.... Ted for U.S. Senate

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:20:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dogfacepappy:

Are you familiar?

I am sure you measure success by wealth and fame and in that race I am sure you and I aren't that far apart especially compared to Ted nugent, however I will concede that victory to you as you appear much more worthy of handling another mans cock and dirty rubbers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:16:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2012 5:18:47 AM EDT by swingset]

Originally Posted By hughjafj:

*crickets*

You might be squishy and not like to hear the truth about our inalienable rights and need some dumbass old coot named Paul parsing it nicely for you but most in this country do not. Hell, just look around at the people the average American thinks is a smart guy.

I pictured you as Toby Keith typing that.
I'm not squishy, cowboy, I'm smart. I already said I agreed with every word he said...it's not about that.
I think we need an emissary when speaking to a hostile crowd. Someone who can fight for his beliefs, but do so without rhetoric or sloganism, someone who doesn't come off as semi-demented, and that's the badge Nugent earned for himself. Hell, he's not ashamed of it either, but it doesn't make him an emissary. John Stossel, Bill Whittle, etc. Those kinds of people make you re-think your position if you're reasonable, and even in a PBS crowd there are reasonable people.
You think we need a cheerleader.
I know fence sitters, I've gotten them involved in shooting and on our side. Nugent is not the man for that job, he just blows hard so you can feel good about what you already agreed with.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:47:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Tacticole556:
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
hes 100% right.  its too bad people cant understand this shit.  the political agenda is disgusting.  

id guess that no matter what laws are passed, Ted will do as he pleases.  

I'm sure he won't be the only one...

Nope.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:26:35 PM EDT

*crickets*

I find it fucking amazing that you two couldn't even muster yourselves to compromise for the good of this country this last election, so we wouldn't even be here discussing this right now, and here you two are telling us we should compromise the fucking 2nd by rejecting a strong proponent of the second amendment.

I voted for Romney (traded votes with Brass in SD). I think this is like the third time I've had to correct you, on this.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:41:58 PM EDT

*crickets*

I voted for Romney (traded votes with Brass in SD). I think this is like the third time I've had to correct you, on this.  

I voted for Romney too, and was vocal in doing so, and it's also wrong when he says we should reject Nugent. Neither one of us said that, we just think there are better spokesmen for our rights when it comes to changing minds.

I like Ted. His music blows, but he's a funny guy and I agree with him on this issue 100%. It doesn't mean he's the best guy for speaking on the 2nd to a PBS crowd tho.

He is viewed by many people the way we view Michael Moore. And, some of those people are people who can be reached and can be allies.

WE NEED THOSE PEOPLE.

Some of you don't want to see that, but I've met and changed people like that. It can be done, but not by Ted's rhetoric or delivery.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:57:36 PM EDT
You guys may not like him, but he's got the balls to face these hacks head on.

Who on here has done what he has for gun rights?  {crickets}
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2012 3:10:57 PM EDT by 2minkey]
ted talking about shooting child molesters is interesting. maybe next he can discuss draft dodgers.

but hey at least he talks real tough and likes guns.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:42:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2012 4:42:52 AM EDT by swingset]

Originally Posted By 300WSM:

You guys may not like him, but he's got the balls to face these hacks head on.

Who on here has done what he has for gun rights?  {crickets}

Stop putting words in our mouths...neither Subnet nor I are saying we don't like him, we agree with everything he said but wish his tone and rhetoric wasn't so over-the-top.

He might be doing as much harm as good when he's courted by PBS and other shows looking for someone to act like a nut and drive the uninformed away from our side. He plays right into that trap, btw, which is my entire fucking point.

He's a great guy, and I like his passion, but he's the wrong face for RKBA. He's a caricature of loony gun owners to most everyone who isn't already a die-hard gun owner or hunter.

That's not good.

I'm sorry this is crushing your man-love.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:47:51 AM EDT
Well said Ted.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top