Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does it have a feature that reminds you when beer is running low? if not then what good is it?

HA HA!
I was going to say does it hand you beers while you're watching tv so you don't have to get up? I would only spend $12000 on a fridge if could do that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
HA, I saw that same unit when our dept(fire) toured an local distrubitor.
I have a Sub zero, it was here when I bought the home, I just put a new compressor in it and replaced the door seals. $128.00 for the compressor(techcumpsah)$115.00 for the door seals.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
HA, I saw that same unit when our dept(fire) toured an local distrubitor.
I have a Sub zero, it was here when I bought the home, I just put a new compressor in it and replaced the door seals. $128.00 for the compressor(techcumpsah)$115.00 for the door seals.

128.00 for the compressor???????????? DAMN! You got a GREAT price!!! We charge 250.00 just for the part!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it automatically call the Department of Homeland Security when when the stuff in the container you forgot about reaches weapons grade status?

Now THAT is funny... I can tell you stories of what happens to food left in there too long

Do tell.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it have a feature that reminds you when beer is running low? if not then what good is it?

HA HA!
I was going to say does it hand you beers while you're watching tv so you don't have to get up? I would only spend $12000 on a fridge if could do that.

It would have to give me a hand job with its other hand for me to spend twelve thousand bucks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup... but this little critter still hasn't progressed in the way of science!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And to think only 60 years ago they were lugging blocks of ice to your home to keep food cool.

60 years ago..... my mother was soing that up until she went to college, they did not have proper running water nor electricity until then either, good 'ol rural farmlife in the far north

Edited to add that I would love a refrigerator like that, but not for $12,000, hell that is an 1866 Winchester, in really nice condition
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to 'jack your thread...but I am REALLY glad you pros are out there to keep our appliances operating.

Plus...here we get free advice now and then!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yup... but this little critter still hasn't progressed in the way of science!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Forgive me since my age is starting to show and I am not remembering the company that was developing this technology but you know the scanners in the supermarket that reads the UPC codes for the price? Well, one company was develpong a refrigerator with that technology so when you take food out of the refrigerator, it scans it. When you are ready to go to the supermarket, you hit "PRINT" and a receipt prints out from the refrigerator and "VOILA" you have your shopping list.

When the fridge can tell you when your milk is about to hit the expiration date, turns on a red flashing light when you are down to two beers then I'll be impressed. That is a really nice refrigerator but not $12000 worth.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]
It falls into the "you know you have too much money if you buy one of these" catagory.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#13]
A little steep for my budget.  I'm fed up with the one we have now.  The door doesn't seal well, the ice maker is busted...again, after I just replaced the tray.

We have a tight fit for a 25 cu. ft one ( that's what the Mrs. wants).  She's high on getting an energy star model, but the payback seems to me to be a loooong time?  

If you were going to get a new fridge with water and ice in the door and wanted to spend less than $$700-$800 what would you get?  Or, can you get a decent one for that amount?

Our current one is a Magic Chef.

Your guidance would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Skynet rising...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top