Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my tattoos because tattoos are sweet and they look cool when you get them wet.  Besides, life's short and I want my kids to be able to keep something of me when I'm gone.  I'm going to have them cure my tattoos and put them in a picture frame as a keepsake.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know how tattoos equate to intelligence but I sure feel dumber after reading some of Cyanides post
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In closing I'm sorry if any of you who are complaining about what I can do with MY BODY were offended by being called a crybaby fag. I should have just let it go like I do the tens of other threads a year where people belittle my life choices having never met me or knowing anything about me. It's always been easier to let the ignorant remain ignorant, it was my mistake forgetting that.

You validate everything I surmised. Oddly enough, this board - let alone the world at large - does not revolve around you. Nobody complained about what you can do with your body. I for one encourage you to get more tattoos. Get one across your forehead that says "Looky-Looky-See: Me-Me-Me." I'll kick $10 toward the fee.

The fact that you think that tattoos are a "life choice" affirms the existence of a deep subtext to the practice which goes beyond mere ornament and is wildly complicated by the fact that so much of what you have had done to yourself cannot be directly and legibly observed by you. You have permanently marked yourself for some personal reason whose only artifact (except perhaps memories) is an icon observable only by others, and from which you derive nothing other than (perhaps) satisfaction of some sort, and the positive or negative attention of others. The irony of the practice, and of your passionate (I might say "tearful") response is this: permanently marking yourself doesn't make you anything special.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
A man is judged by his actions.  If he paints his body, big deal, if he doesn't, big deal.  If the tattoo is for other people, good, you should appreciate the art and then silently thank god it isn't on your body.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey Fuckwad, I don't have a problem with them. Its a personal choice, just like everything else in life. I chose to get some and I have never regretted it. And I really don't need your  fucking opinion about anything. So Fuck off and die.

Another thing that shows breeding are   your language skills. As in this persons post, it leaves no  doubt to his breeding and low status  in life. That coupled with his tattoo's would make him one of those  that I would not care to associate myself with.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A man is judged by his actions.  If he paints his body, big deal, if he doesn't, big deal.  If the tattoo is for other people, good, you should appreciate the art and then silently thank god it isn't on your body.

I agree. What strikes me as odd is the lip-trembling passion with which tattoed people respond to negative opinions about the practice. I wear a hat and have a beard. If you say "I don't know why anybody would do that. Hats look stupid and people with beards are hiding their faces." I don't give a shit. I don't start bleating and emitting gaseous complaints about "close-mindedness" or "judgmentalism" or attacks on "my life choices." You got tattoos. Some people think they're dumb. Nobody's trying to make you cut them off.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You validate everything I surmised. Oddly enough, this board - let alone the world at large - does not revolve around you. Nobody complained about what you can do with your body. I for one encourage you to get more tattoos. Get one across your forehead that says "Looky-Looky-See: Me-Me-Me." I'll kick $10 toward the fee.

The fact that you think that tattoos are a "life choice"  

I don't hold any illusion that it DOES revolve around me. As for no one complaining: "Tattoo's ------------ just another step down the long descent. "

I'm sorry if I find it offensive to be deemed part of societies "long descent".

As for thinking tattoos are a "life choice", what would you call them then? They are indeed a choice I made WHILE LIVING, that will also impact my WHOLE LIFE. I knew that going in and am comfortable with the fact that 2/3 of world will always be just like you, and hielo and cyanide. Fortunately the other 1/3 is enough to sustain a normal existence and not have to deal with too many like you. My problem, is that I come here for the same reason as all of you. I enjoy the same things, hold mostly the same beliefs. Obviously pro gun, very pro freedom etc.. To come to a place that is "friendly" to my ideals, only to be deemed part of "societies decline" is pretty offensive to me. As to my verbally demaning those who judge me: All relationships are based on mutual respect. I've been shown none, so don't go fucking crying when you get back what you put in.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. What strikes me as odd is the lip-trembling passion with which tattoed people respond to negative opinions about the practice. I wear a hat and have a beard. If you say "I don't know why anybody would do that. Hats look stupid and people with beards are hiding their faces." I don't give a shit. I don't start bleating and emitting gaseous complaints about "close-mindedness" or "judgmentalism" or attacks on "my life choices." You got tattoos. Some people think they're dumb. Nobody's trying to make you cut them off.

I think they realize they have made a monumental mistake, but have committed themselves to living with it, maybe even perpetuating it with more skin art .
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Just reading this thread makes me hear.....banjos!
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#10]

just another step down the long descent

Yes in my mind that is how I see it --
people are tattooing themselves , doing body piercings, hell it all reminds me of a 1954 National Geographic magazine article on the natives of Africa or some such backward nation, with the lip plates and nose bones.

Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Does don't it cousin ...
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does don't it cousin ...

See, that's just the shit I'm talking about. I have to be slandered with connotations that I'm some kind of fucking hillbilly because I happen to make different choices than you. Everyone invloved in this thread has stated a TON of absolutes. How completely ignorant. Living life based on abslolutes is the real sign of someones breeding.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just reading this thread seeing all you rednecks with your guns makes me hear.....banjos!

Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]

hatebreed

no offense meant, it just seemed like the right time to slip in a joke, I apologize for any offense. Truly, sometimes I am an asshole.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a few tattos, I don't regret a single one.

I have never been accused of  being stupid, immoral, or whatever other stereotype you can think up.  Just like when people say, "all gun owners are xxx, just another step down the long decent".

If someone has a problem with my tattos, my usual response is, "ok, well, you don't have to look at them".  I could care less if they get upset, if they get tattoos, if they don't ... I don't really care.  I learned long ago that appearances are never a good way to judge someone.  I have met smart, rich, pierced and tattoed folks.

I'm educated, have a good carreer, have a high moral standard, etc.

I don't see how me having a tattoo or two negates all of that and makes me part of some large decline in  American standards.  It's just a tattoo ... not a big deal.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As for thinking tattoos are a "life choice", what would you call them then? They are indeed a choice I made WHILE LIVING, that will also impact my WHOLE LIFE.

Therefore, if you say "I eat steak 3 times a day," and I say "You eat too much red meat," I am disrespecting your "life choice?" If you buy the complete works of Adam Sandler on DVD, you've made a "life choice," the ridicule of which gives deep offense? Shit now, or shit later? LIFE CHOICE. Roll-on or aerosol? LIFE CHOICE! Baked potato or fries? LIFE CHOICE!!

Get a grip.

I knew that going in and am comfortable with the fact that 2/3 of world will always be just like you, and hielo and cyanide.

That's great. As I suggested, get more tattoos if you want. But don't succumb to hysterical impulses and start fantasizing that people who are merely critical of a practice in which you have engaged are complaining about you, or even about the practice itself.

* * * My problem, is that I come here for the same reason as all of you. I enjoy the same things, hold mostly the same beliefs. Obviously pro gun, very pro freedom etc.. To come to a place that is "friendly" to my ideals, only to be deemed part of "societies decline" is pretty offensive to me. As to my verbally demaning those who judge me: All relationships are based on mutual respect. I've been shown none, so don't go fucking crying when you get back what you put in.

I agree, generally, but I don't get my panties in a wad when people who drive Fords proclaim that only a moron would drive a GM. I don't whine about disrespect for the life choice represented by my classic Pontiac. I don't go off about judmental assholes when people criticize my support for gay rights. I don't expect that the sharing of significant fundamental values with a group of people obliges them to approve of or remain silent about everything I think and do.

Interestingly, your entire participation in this thread has been conducted on a purely emotional level. You haven't said what tattooing is about, or why it's a good idea. You are welcome to do what you want with your body and your life. You are welcome to post whatever you want here. However, you should remember that this is not a place where waving a pair of tear-stained panties counts as rational argument.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#17]
[offtopic]Tattoo, eh. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of my mothers' side's (Japanese) family crest. [/offtopic]

Now back to your regularly scheduled debate...
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I think piercings and most other body mutilations are stupid.

That being said I have nothing against tattoos.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
[offtopic]Tattoo, eh. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of my mothers' side's (Japanese) family crest. [/offtopic]

Before the needle comes out, get an independent verification of what it says. As has been discussed here before, there is probably some number of people walking around with tattoos that they tell others say "Lone Wolf" in Japanese, but actually say "Big Fat Gaijin Nosehair."
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Well 24.24% say it is a sign of low intelligence.

That means of course that people with tattoo's are  - graded by others whether they want to be or not .

So if you do not have one, do not get one. JMHO
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Before the needle comes out, get an independent verification of what it says. As has been discussed here before, there is probably some number of people walking around with tattoos that they tell others say "Lone Wolf" in Japanese, but actually say "Big Fat Gaijin Nosehair."

It's a family crest, not a sentence.

EDIT: Looks sorta like this. www.budoya.es/katana/imagen/B2.jpg
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Interestingly, your entire participation in this thread has been conducted on a purely emotional level. You haven't said what tattooing is about, or why it's a good idea. .

Maybe that's because you haven't asked. You were so busy TELLING me/us why people get tattooed I didn't want to waste your time with first hand knowledge.

As to your other comparisons, they are bullshit and you should be smart enough to know it. No one ever fired you from a job or refused to hire you for driving a ford. No one ever accused you of being part of the decline of society for eating too much red meat. No one ever grabbed your hand, refused to let go and started praying out loud for you based on your decision to buy the entire Adam Sandler DVD set. I am discriminated against and judged frequently for my appearance. That's the difference.
Being part of the judgemental sector of society it's probably kinda hard for you to see that difference.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That means of course that people with tattoo's are  - graded by others whether they want to be or not .

You're logic is off.  Hopefully you don't apply that logic to other aspects in life.

Since when should the way people 'grade' you affect what you decide to do?  It has never affected my decisions.  I know lots of folks in the liberal work environment tell me "you know people are going to think you are crazy ... all those guns".  It never stopped me though.

Maybe you live your life in appeasal to the approval of others.  I never have, and never will.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interestingly, your entire participation in this thread has been conducted on a purely emotional level. You haven't said what tattooing is about, or why it's a good idea. .

Maybe that's because you haven't asked. You were so busy TELLING me/us why people get tattooed I didn't want to waste your time with first hand knowledge.

As to your other comparisons, they are bullshit and you should be smart enough to know it. No one ever fired you from a job or refused to hire you for driving a ford. No one ever accused you of being part of the decline of society for eating too much red meat. No one ever grabbed your hand, refused to let go and started praying out loud for you based on your decision to buy the entire Adam Sandler DVD set. I am discriminated against and judged frequently for my appearance. That's the difference.
Being part of the judgemental sector of society it's probably kinda hard for you to see that difference.

Whoa there big fella, this is America, a person is allowed to be judgmental, I am judgmental all day long everyday -- and there is nothing wrong in it.

I am judgmental in who I promote
who I have service my equipment
who I give pay raises too
where I eat at

people are judgmental -- and there is nothing wrong in it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're logic is off.  Hopefully you don't apply that logic to other aspects in life.

Since when should the way people 'grade' you affect what you decide to do?  It has never affected my decisions.  I know lots of folks in the liberal work environment tell me "you know people are going to think you are crazy ... all those guns".  It never stopped me though.

Maybe you live your life in appeasal to the approval of others.  I never have, and never will.

Yep. At least some sort of degree of individuality is good for you. If I was completely conformist, I'd be a Liberal yuppie right now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Ever notice that in the 40 - 80 age group, the market for tattoo removal is much larger than the market for tattoos? What does that suggest? It seems to me that getting a tattoo is making a fashion decision permanent, like having a backwards baseball cap sewn to your head.

Getting a tattoo is like saying, "Gee, I like this shirt so much I'm going to wear it every day for the rest of my life."
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#27]
If you don't like my tattoos, quit staring at my scrotum!
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The cruel truth is that people are prejudiced and will judge you based upon your appearance.  People look at you and immediately decide how they feel about you off the bat.  If you can live with that, then more power to you.  I try to keep an open mind about people, but that first impression is hard to recover from if people aren't.

Live your life how you want if the only person your effecting is yourself.  It doesn't mean people won't look down upon you.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#29]

You haven't said what tattooing is about, or why it's a good idea.

Okay, guys, I guess that it's time for me to speak my peace as well. I currently have 6 tattoos across my chest and upper arms. They are all Indian-related, and are a visual reminder of my heritage. They are for my own satisfaction, and I purposely had them placed on inconspicuous parts of my body where a simple T-shirt would cover them from prying eyes. I was well aware of the many misunderstandings uninformed persons have about tattoos, and did not wish to subject myself to such public criticisms from strangers.

Now, as to my intellectual background, I consider myself a pretty intelligent guy. Heck, I can probably rate right up there on IQ tests. I have a very analytical mind. I graduated high school well within the top 20 out of 400 students in my class, and never took a book home. School was always a breeze for me. After school, I chose to enter a local profession, which also has a long heritage in my area--limestone. I live in the Limestone Capital Of the World, and help fabricate building limestone for the majority of the world's limestone buildings. Granted, I'm far from rich and just make a decent living, but it is the path that I chose. I'd rather enjoy my occupation than be wealthy and dread going to work every morning. I haven't missed a day's work in over 10 years, so I must be doing something right. I do not drink, smoke, or do drugs. I am a Christian and attend church on a weekly basis.

And I have no regrets about getting any of my tattoos...
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I am discriminated against and judged frequently for my appearance. That's the difference.

Yes, it's terrible. What makes it worse is knowing that for a few hundred dollars I could join you and the millions of other tattooed lone wolves in savoring the frisson of false individuality that widespread ridicule brings to an otherwise unexceptional life.

ETA: You do realize that if you are judged based on appearance, it is on elements of your appearance that you voluntarily acquired with full knowledge that doing so would court judgment and disapproval, right? Your plaintive whine is "I altered my appearance in a way that I knew would invite unfair assumptions, and now these meanies make unfair assumptions about me!" Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I've never once complained about people looking down on me because of my tattoos, in fact, I expect it.  It has never bothered me, and if it had, then I would have never got inked in the first  I suppose.  I have friends who think the way some here do, that it is a deplorable thing ... but does that change my friendship with them?  Not one bit ... we still go to the range, have a good time ... and no one thinks any thing of it.  They may hate tattoos ... may even think mine are retarded, but it  bothers me none.  

I do agree that complaining about people judging you for tattoos is lame, I made the decision ... so, I'll take the crap from people.  If someone refuses to associate with me just because the fact that I have some ink, then they probably would'nt have liked me much anyways .

Man, I stopped worring about this shit a long time ago ...

Link Posted: 7/10/2004 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Fuckwad, I don't have a problem with them. Its a personal choice, just like everything else in life. I chose to get some and I have never regretted it. And I really don't need your  fucking opinion about anything. So Fuck off and die.

Another thing that shows breeding are   your language skills. As in this persons post, it leaves no  doubt to his breeding and low status  in life. That coupled with his tattoo's would make him one of those  that I would not care to associate myself with.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#33]
FLAL1A: I think you're oversimplifying motives.

Not all people get tattoos for "false individuality". Several people I know don't even have their tattoos visible (under shirts, whatever). They do it because the symbol or phrase they have chosen is meaningful to them. The act of permanently imprinting oneself with an image may also be symbolically important.

It may be a symbol of status (ala Yakuza), something to show commitment, a unique piece of your art you decided to copy onto your body, a "damn this is cool" spontaneity, or almost anything else.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Not all people get tattoos for "false individuality". Several people I know don't even have their tattoos visible (under shirts, whatever). They do it because the symbol or phrase they have chosen is meaningful to them. The act of permanently imprinting oneself with an image may also be symbolically important.

Maybe if your an native on Borneo or some such place.

But we all aren't now are we ??????

That is what jewelry is for ... IMO
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#35]
PIE!!!1

Link Posted: 7/10/2004 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#36]
i personally like for any and all of my bad decisions to go away in time..........................

on a side note i have been to plenty of tattoo parlors and enjoy watching somebody else fuck up  (look at me, look at me, im unique!!!!!!!!!  i want that tattoo there, third from the left....................)
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Could care less about anyone's tattoos.  Ain't none of my business.

Would I get one?  No.  I don't like to stand out in a crowd for any reason.

But at the same time I can appreciate them.  Last time we did the "show-your-tattoos" thread somebody responded with a pic of his Japanese fudog tatto which was beautifully executed.  I'd go so far as to say it was art.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#38]
FLAL1A, you are taking my quotes out of context on purpose. I have NEVER "whined" that people judge me for my tattoos. I expect it and oddly enough welcome it. I've learned that the type of people who look down their nose on me are not the type of people I will do well associating with. People who are quick to judge based on outward appearances are generally less than ethical, exploitive, close minded and self centered. I have no use for those kind of people in any aspect of my life.

My point, and I think you KNOW this, is that you tried to compare having tattoos to driving a ford, buying movies etc. in an attempt to condescendingly highlight my choice of the phrase "life choice." You've purposely taken every single statement I make out of context by quoting only partial statements. I'm not "whining" or waving "tear soaked panties". I've simply replied in my own defense to those who would judge me without walking a mile in my shoes.

My personal reasons for getting tattooed? My entire life I have been one to do things MY way. Throughout my years I have been ridiculed for my music, my hair, my clothing and anything else the "social norm" could find to falsely bolster their own self worth using my individuality as a stepping stone for their ego. People including parents and grand parents have continually told me "I cannot go through life without conforming" or that I would fail doing things my way. I enjoy my art and most of it has some signifigance and meaning to me. Some of it just looks cool. It ALL serves as my way of showing the politically correct world that I am my own man and do things on my terms and no one elses. I don't care what a world of followers thinks about me as a leader. Sometimes it provides me with a welcome challenge and I have to take an alternate route. No matter what, I have lived my way and succeeded in my goals, proving everyone wrong along the way. There's probably alot of social norms you comply with that I do not.

Your continued harsh words only demonstrate the content of your character. You ridicule those different than you and accuse them of whining when they defend themselves. You take my words out of context in an attempt to discredit my argument instead of just politely disagreeing. Exactly as I first stated, you're quick to run your mouth on the net, but you wouldn't say a word to my face and it has nothing to do with manners, you've aptly demonstrated you don't have any of those. It's easy to look down your nose on someone or say alot of harsh words over the internet. It's easy to ridicule "that odd guy from work" during some after shift brews with your buddies. It's another thing entirely to be straight with someone to their face. With me what you see is what you get, I wear my soul on my sleeves.

In closing, all of you who have this or that to say about tattooed people, you're the first to cry when someone treats a "minority" with disrespect or sweeping generalizations. Hell, FLA1A1 openly admits he believes in gay rights. But it's fine and dandy to discriminate against me cuz I'm the scum of society. Fucking hypocrites the lot of you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you Sir, being a low life blue scumbelly of a yankee, would not be my first choice as someone to associate with either.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would bet my soul I have a bigger bathroom than any of you cry baby fags...

How much would you care to wager?

Link Posted: 7/10/2004 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#41]
IMHO, tattoos are a way to express yourself, or identify with a group.
Guy in the USMC gets a tattoo, that's great. someone who smokes a little too much weed gets everything he can before he runs out of room, that's nice too.

For me, unless it's got something to do with pride in belonging (IE: military tattoos), it's a turnoff.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Tattoos aren't my thing, so I dont have any. But I dont think less of anyone with tats.  That is, unless they're on your face.  Because then I think "What person is stupid enough to do something voluntarily that will restrict them to menial work the rest of their lives?"
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I tattoo my pud every night!
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Tattoos are fine by me as long as it doesn't look like something from Hot Topic.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
FLAL1A, you are taking my quotes out of context on purpose. I have NEVER "whined" that people judge me for my tattoos. I expect it and oddly enough welcome it. I've learned that the type of people who look down their nose on me are not the type of people I will do well associating with. People who are quick to judge based on outward appearances are generally less than ethical, exploitive, close minded and self centered. I have no use for those kind of people in any aspect of my life.

If you'll actually read my posts, you'll see that I don't look down on you. You've engaged in behavior I think silly and pointless; you have made momentary decisions with permanent consequences for reasons which, as your post demonstrates, don;t bear rational analysis. I don't think you're stupid, immoral, untrustworthy, or in any other way a lesser person than I or others. You;re projecting, and I suspect it's because your involvement in the matter is 100% emotional. I assume you;re a decent person, and apparently a successful one as well.

My point, and I think you KNOW this, is that you tried to compare having tattoos to driving a ford, buying movies etc. in an attempt to condescendingly highlight my choice of the phrase "life choice."

YOU were at pains to define a "life choice" as nothing more that a choice made while one is alive.

You've purposely taken every single statement I make out of context by quoting only partial statements. I'm not "whining" or waving "tear soaked panties". I've simply replied in my own defense to those who would judge me without walking a mile in my shoes.

You are waving tear-stained panties, and this section proves it. Nobody has judged you. People have judged an activity to which you have some attachment. You have led with your heart and leapt to take personal offense, for reason only you know, at remarks directed solely toward a particular behavior.

My personal reasons for getting tattooed? My entire life I have been one to do things MY way. Throughout my years I have been ridiculed for my music, my hair, my clothing and anything else the "social norm" could find to falsely bolster their own self worth using my individuality as a stepping stone for their ego. People including parents and grand parents have continually told me "I cannot go through life without conforming" or that I would fail doing things my way. I enjoy my art and most of it has some signifigance and meaning to me. Some of it just looks cool. It ALL serves as my way of showing the politically correct world that I am my own man and do things on my terms and no one elses. I don't care what a world of followers thinks about me as a leader. Sometimes it provides me with a welcome challenge and I have to take an alternate route. No matter what, I have lived my way and succeeded in my goals, proving everyone wrong along the way. There's probably alot of social norms you comply with that I do not.

Well, there you go. Have you ever considered the fact that doing a given thing for the purpose of expressing your dissociation from a given norm means that you continue to define yourself according to that norm? Defining yourself by affirmative actions taken to flout conformity is itself a species of conformity. Why do you want to show the "politically correct world" anything at all? Just how much of a wild, free, self-defined man are you if you're spending money and time to communicate with what you claim to reject and want no part of? It's no different from going to a party you know your ex-girlfriend will attend so you can show her you don't care any more.

Your continued harsh words only demonstrate the content of your character. You ridicule those different than you and accuse them of whining when they defend themselves. You take my words out of context in an attempt to discredit my argument instead of just politely disagreeing. Exactly as I first stated, you're quick to run your mouth on the net, but you wouldn't say a word to my face and it has nothing to do with manners, you've aptly demonstrated you don't have any of those. It's easy to look down your nose on someone or say alot of harsh words over the internet. It's easy to ridicule "that odd guy from work" during some after shift brews with your buddies. It's another thing entirely to be straight with someone to their face. With me what you see is what you get, I wear my soul on my sleeves.

And the reason you think people want to see your soul - or the reason you want them to see your soul -  is what, exactly? Again, read the posts. I've ridiculed one of your activities and some of your reasoning, all of which are voluntary on your part. I haven't ridiculed you or anybody else in this thread. As I said, I have friends with tattoos. If the subject of tattoos comes up, I cheerfully tell them I think they're dumb. Why? Because it isn't rude, anymore than telling somebody who asks about his haircut that he should get a new barber is rude.

In closing, all of you who have this or that to say about tattooed people, you're the first to cry when someone treats a "minority" with disrespect or sweeping generalizations. Hell, FLA1A1 openly admits he believes in gay rights. But it's fine and dandy to discriminate against me cuz I'm the scum of society. Fucking hypocrites the lot of you.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Which of the people who have (if any have on this thread, which is questionable) said this or that about tattooed people is "the first to cry when someone treats a "minority" with disrespect or sweeping generalizations?" Or are you just generalizing? How have you been discriminated against? Not allowed to post? Can't buy ammo? How, exactly? Who has approved of denying any right to tattoed people? I gather that you enjoy being persecuted, so long as it remains a matter of fantasy. You've certainly imagined plenty of it this thread.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I could let it go on for another 5 pages o fidnignant tattooed folk posting their justifications for their fabulous body art, but sheesh, guys, don't be so sensitive, so you made a lifetime choice of having snoopy on your right cheek dancing, I mean, hell, who wouldn't?

Then there are the ones that choose to live via the net and make fools of themselves on a consistent basis.......

I have several, and wear long sleeves at work as a result. They do make a signifigant difference to potential employers, and on the rare occasions I've allowed mine to be seen I have had some negative reactions from "bluehair" types. Once, I was accused of having KKK hoods tattooed on my arm when some guy thought it would help his complaint.

Link Posted: 7/10/2004 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's Tattoo?  He should have a good insight about tattoo.

have no fear i am here......Now
as a ink slinger i say if you get some thing from the flash rack your stupid(IMHO)..i think tat's should be a personal thing not what someone eles thinks is "cool"

now for the guys that say shit about people should not have ink then STFU its a personal choice the same as guns..it makes me sick every time this comes up.
you wanta bitch about people having ink but think you should be able to buy any gun you want

i now work in sales and have not had 1 person say shit about my ink other then my boss and he can shove that up his anti-gun ass sideways

rant away for all i care

+1 Tat

melbo
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I have 2 tattoo's , and I'm gettin a beer belly! I got the tattoo's when I was in my early 20's, I'm in my late 40's now, but at least I can get rid of the beer belly....well maybe! hock.gif
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Maybe if your an native on Borneo or some such place.

But we all aren't now are we ??????

That is what jewelry is for ... IMO

So, you cropped the meat of my argument out as to reply with a remarkably illogical response. Good for you.

You'll notice by my anecdotal phrase "several people I know", I meant this as a contradiction to your broad, negative generalization - not a rule that all abide by. You seem to have completely ignored my last sentence. It is also formed of, surprisingly enough, more examples, which, also surprisingly, negate your prior statement.

I don't know why you seem to hate tattoos and those who choose to wear them with such a burning passion, and it sure would be interesting to learn the reason.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top