BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, you want a shockwave equipped Mossberg.

Pistol gripped guns load all the recoil in your wrist. They suck.

The birds-head style grip is much less obstreperous in that regard.
View Quote
I am adding that to my word of the day calendar.  @John_Wayne777

And Honestly Penguin the Shockwave is much cooler.  I handled one the other day and its on the list for sure.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And Honestly Penguin the Shockwave is much cooler.  I handled one the other day and its on the list for sure.
View Quote
I think if not for the idiot NFA, most social shotguns would have 12-14" barrels... it seems to be the "sweet spot" among compactness, mag capacity, and velocity.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Having fired the little 90 degree pistol grip with several different shells, I can say that it is a damn wrist breaker and you will not like it. I'd like to try the bird head style. Shooting the 500 mag with hogue grips the actual recoil is nothing compared to the 12 gauge even with just buck. When I first shot a mossy with the 90 degree pistol grip I was shocked, that thing kicks like hell.

BTW, read Jack Reacher Persuader. It's about Mossberg 500s of that model name to an extent and it has some pretty cool parts that involve the guns(if you like reading and by extension Jack Reacher)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top