Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I won't claim to have smoked several boxes of several top brands of Havanas.  Aside from the cost, I don't like giving money to castro.
I have smoked quite a few cubans, and I just wasn't that impressed.
Maybe my expectations were something beyond possible, but I prefer the nicaragans.
Just me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Sylvan my man,

Padrons are indeed beautiful smokes.
Wonderful.

But a Montecristo #2....

....mmmmmm...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
While I support the idea of boycotting their goods for PATRIOTIC reasons... to be told what to do while abroad sounds like something that the commie dictator Castro (or even Sadam Hussein) himself would impose on his people. Are you sure your Gov.t is still responsible to the people?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Just smoked a couple of cubans in the past few weeks. My brother was down in the carib.

Its just like wine. Some good ones ...some bad ones.

I've been favoring Arturo Fuentes 50 rings lately.

Romeo and Julietta has a very smooth 50 too. The dominican repub has some nice cigars.

I wouldn't pay more than what is reasonable for a cuban just cause its..."contraband". Lots od good tobacco out there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sylvan my man,

Padrons are indeed beautiful smokes.
Wonderful.

But a Montecristo #2....

....mmmmmm...

And the Trinidads are even better.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
While in the caribbean for several weeks, I somked many cuban cigars.

40 years ago, they were probably a fine smoke.

Today, Dominicans are far superior.

The idea of, 'I want a cuban', is flawed, embargo or not. It's just a symbol, nothing else.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]

US President George W. Bush's administration has tightened a ban on Americans importing Cuban cigars.

Must be some more of that "War on Terror" I've heard so much about........
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you aren't a communist, then why would you economically support a communist regime?  

I don't know, but if that is your feeling on the subject I suspect you won't be shopping at Wal Mart anytime soon. Probably about half the shit in your house supports a "tiny" communist regime called CHINA!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Ask any of the men with whom I serve.
I ALWAYS bring Cuban Cigars to the field.

Only the best for the field-mobile, pack-humidor (and the Marines).
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#11]
do they smell like pie?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There are few things that are more enjoyable in the field than a good cigar.  It's one of the cheapest pleasures in this life.  

And mouthwash.  A Cuban, a good Dom or Nic. and some mouthwash(Wild Turkey Rare Breed looks a lot like Listerene)
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are few things that are more enjoyable in the field than a good cigar.  It's one of the cheapest pleasures in this life.  

And mouthwash.  A Cuban, a good Dom or Nic. and some mouthwash(Wild Turkey Rare Breed looks a lot like Listerene)

It truly makes you feels civilized again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Funny... whenever one goes abroad, they always tell you

You;re not in the US - US laws and customs (the habits and societal type, not imports) don't apply here...

What's next - telling the Dutch they can't sell us hash in Amsterdam?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not only are they telling me what to do in the States...now they are telling me what to do when I'm not even in this country.  They want to restrict the importation into the USA.  Fine, that is their business.  BUT telling me to abide by US law while in other countries....WTF?

So while I was deployed overseas, and I was lucky enough to score and smoke a Cuban cigar....I was breaking the law.  

Actually, it's been that way in some areas for a while.  A few years back they passed a law to stop people who travelled to take advantage of the sex trade in countries that had low ages of consent.  If you knowingly and willingly go to a foreign country with the intent to have sex with someone that would be illegal in the US, then it's a federal crime here.

Of course, when it comes to Cuban cigars in foreign countries, it's hard enough to find a real one.  Are they going to arrest you for smoking a counterfeit?  Don't they have more important things to be doing with their time?

Castro will be dead in a few years and the glorious workers paradise of Cuba will have a coup that swings away from a communist dictatorship.  Without his charisma, most people wouldn't put up with that shit.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Of course, I would NEVER smoke a Cuban cigar, because it's illegal, but if I did, it would probably be another Cohiba Siglo IV. Somehow, I just know I'd love those things.

You realize that congress exempted themselves from the embargo, don't you?

John F Kennedy (the REAL JFK) secured 1200 Cuban Partagas cigars before signing the embargo into law. (they were legal pre-ban cigars....not kidding)

Cuba determined that their dealers, world-wide, may be smuggling between six and ten million Cuban cigars into the United States every year. I have it on good authority that patriotic Americans destroy them by burning on behalf of the Customs Bureau.

I also have it on good authority that these patriotic Americans destroy them in the same exact manner that customs destroys them, except for the infested or moldy ones, which are burned in incinerators, to demonstrate Custom's effectiveness.

Of course, I could be blowing Cuban smoke up your ass, right now, too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, since you are so smart, then you must understand that, even though you are not necessarily on US soil, you may be subject to prosecution in the States for acts having effects on the US.  

How do you think Manuel Noriega was brought to justice?  He was indicted on Federal drug charges and yet hadn't actually done any of the smuggling himself here in the US.  

Do you think that it was ok for the US to bust him?  

If you aren't a communist, then why would you economically support a communist regime?  

YOU are the sheeple because you don't THINK--you just believe that you can run around doing whatever the fuck you want with no repercussions.  

Holy shit! The genius has spoken!

Better stop buying anything and everything from Target, WalMart, wait, basically any fucking store since nearly every goddamn thing is now made in, guess where..... COMMUNIST CHINA.

You must lead a simple life living in a shack in the forest huh? Better throw away your PC since parts of it are made in China, you damn commie!

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Of course, when it comes to Cuban cigars in foreign countries, it's hard enough to find a real one.  Are they going to arrest you for smoking a counterfeit?  Don't they have more important things to be doing with their time?

My thoughts exactly...don't we have bigger fish to fry.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top