Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Greetings all this the owner of Tactical Tailor and is my first post to Ar15.com and I’m sorry it’s on a topic where we got thrown under the bus.

I did contact Mike/cavvet and discuss this and let him know I’m sorry it happened and I will make sure it will not happen again. I was not at our store when this happened or I would have fixed this if I was given the opportunity.

Let me assure people we are not lying or trying to mislead anyone. We just had a miss communication in my company because I did not make sure every one was in the know.

We at TT have been planning on having a sale for several weeks know for our overstocked products. We figured out what was overstocked at our warehouse where we ship from and do phone/net sales. Our warehouse in 15-20 minuets away from our store in an industrial park. The sale items where overstock just in the warehouse, we did not have most of these sale items in the retail store. (We can’t sale that we did not have, at that location) We had the sale items identified and where able to post them on the web site much faster that I thought, we posted the sale items Friday night. Monday morning all the store personnel where not informed that the sale went live and what was on sale and how much.

So Monday morning not enough coffee things where not handled the best way. Sorry it happened, I would have fixed it but did not get the chance and I found out about this by reading this forum.

So I had a VERY long talk with my store personnel and we realize we screwed up and we have learned from this and we will not let it happen again.

I’m glad cavvet got what he needed and Quantico Arms has some good stuff and some good people there I’m glad they took care of him.

My company tries to do our best every day. We do make good products in the USA and we keep about 150 Americans employed on a daily basis. We are proud of what we do really do CARE about our customers.

Thanks for reading this.

Logan Coffey
President
Tactical Tailor
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

snip

Logan Coffey
President
Tactical Tailor

mistakes happen, it is how you handle them that sets you and your company apart from the competition.

Good job Mr. Coffey

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Cavet,
I was doing some buss with Logan when he mention there was an issue. I can assure you Logan would have fixed it on the spot if he was there. I know both of you guys, I have done business with both of you. You are both honorable men. I sure Logan has some words with the guy you had a problem with. I'm sure it is not easy to keep 150 people on the same page.  TT makes a fine product here in Washington. I do not think one bad customer service experience should tarnish years of good track record.
James
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I just burned my MAV and all of my mag shingles and various other pouches. That'll show 'em!

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Greetings all this the owner of Tactical Tailor and is my first post to Ar15.com and I’m sorry it’s on a topic where we got thrown under the bus.

I did contact Mike/cavvet and discuss this and let him know I’m sorry it happened and I will make sure it will not happen again. I was not at our store when this happened or I would have fixed this if I was given the opportunity.

Let me assure people we are not lying or trying to mislead anyone. We just had a miss communication in my company because I did not make sure every one was in the know.

We at TT have been planning on having a sale for several weeks know for our overstocked products. We figured out what was overstocked at our warehouse where we ship from and do phone/net sales. Our warehouse in 15-20 minuets away from our store in an industrial park. The sale items where overstock just in the warehouse, we did not have most of these sale items in the retail store. (We can’t sale that we did not have, at that location) We had the sale items identified and where able to post them on the web site much faster that I thought, we posted the sale items Friday night. Monday morning all the store personnel where not informed that the sale went live and what was on sale and how much.

So Monday morning not enough coffee things where not handled the best way. Sorry it happened, I would have fixed it but did not get the chance and I found out about this by reading this forum.

So I had a VERY long talk with my store personnel and we realize we screwed up and we have learned from this and we will not let it happen again.

I’m glad cavvet got what he needed and Quantico Arms has some good stuff and some good people there I’m glad they took care of him.

My company tries to do our best every day. We do make good products in the USA and we keep about 150 Americans employed on a daily basis. We are proud of what we do really do CARE about our customers.

Thanks for reading this.

Logan Coffey
President
Tactical Tailor

I have some TT pouches and like them alot, so this thread caught my attention.

There is not many owners that would come and try to fix the problem..

Good for you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like TT will be back on my shopping list.  Glad to see the responsiveness.

Travis
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just burned my MAV and all of my mag shingles and various other pouches. That'll show 'em!

Totally! Now go buy a new MAV, shingles and pouches from TT and REALLY stick it to them!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me at least, it is not about the act of getting screwed so much as the response.  And as a consumer in the firearms subculture, I can say that it makes all the difference in the world when the head honcho of a company steps up and says "sorry we screwed up, we've taken steps to prevent it from happening again, here's what happened...".  

That not only shows responsibility, that shows class.  When the time comes for me to purchase mag pouches and such, I'll make sure to give TT a good, long look.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#11]

So funny to see people say "Well I will never buy from them again" when it comes to good company just because someone writes one bad post on a forum.

Glad to see that TT took care of it and now that I know they are having a sale some of my money will be going their way.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
does this mean i have to be nice to you when you come into to Aim>?

If you'll sell me South African 7.62 for 24.99 a battlepack I'll bring the mirror and cuss myself out for you!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad to see things clearing up and straightening out here.

Hope brother Cav and TT get on the same page so he can go back to buying American again.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuckin-A Logan!  

Now THAT is the reason I like TT so much.  

The OWNER of the company actually gets on this stupid website and posts a response to a customer service issue.  

I have no doubt that particular issue won't be happening again anytime soon.

Screw BH and all the other foreign importers.  Let's keep Americans working.  

Hell, I'm going to TT's website right now and ordering something.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you'll sell me South African 7.62 for 24.99 a battlepack I'll bring the mirror and cuss myself out for you!

+1

I will even slap myself around a bit for that price.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me at least, it is not about the act of getting screwed so much as the response.  And as a consumer in the firearms subculture, I can say that it makes all the difference in the world when the head honcho of a company steps up and says "sorry we screwed up, we've taken steps to prevent it from happening again, here's what happened...".  

That not only shows responsibility, that shows class.  When the time comes for me to purchase mag pouches and such, I'll make sure to give TT a good, long look.

Yup, I totally agree with you there. Nice to see someone step up to the plate like that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Logan Coffey
President
Tactical Tailor

mistakes happen, it is how you handle them that sets you and your company apart from the competition.

Good job Mr. Coffey

Agreed - Goodonya

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I will even slap myself around a bit for that price.

I'll slap macman around for that price.

Bryan Flannagan...deal?!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Telephone also?  You should have called him up from your cell phone while you were in the warehouse.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered 3 mag pouches from them Sunday. I'm glad this all got worked out so i can feel good about it. Thanks TT Mgmt for fixing this.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

snip

Logan Coffey
President
Tactical Tailor

TT is in my favorites list now.  This is the kind of customer service that gets my business.  

ETA: Nevermind.  Looks like the resolution is a crap deal.  Too bad, TT was heading in the right direction there for a minute...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
OST
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm glad TT has stepped up and handled this in an appropriate manner.  I have one of their three-day packs in the back of my truck at all times and it's a great product.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm glad TT has stepped up and handled this in an appropriate manner.  I have one of their three-day packs in the back of my truck at all times and it's a great product.  

Black and OD green are on sale for $ 80. I have WAY too many packs, but I am tempted...

Give into the temptation Aimless, let go! Let go...

Its only money, you can't take it with you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Telephone also?  You should have called him up from your cell phone while you were in the warehouse.

that's just what I was thinking... and I've actually done something similar.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Tagged to hear what Cav  has to say.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Tagged to hear what Cav  has to say.

He must be delivering 'crete. WA is three hours behind EST.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Thanks for reading this.

Logan Coffey
President
Tactical Tailor

Admirable, Mr. President.

Let's bury this thread... or at least put the resolution near the front end so people won't read the first half-dozen posts and enter TT onto their damnation list.

John
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I would of gladely called cavvet but he never gave his name or number, I asked him to call me and he said he did but i must of not been in.

If we are in the wrong we try and fix things fast. In this situation I found out about this from cavvet sending me a link to what he allready posted on this forum. If I would of known about this issue before this post was up we would be taking about guns and stuff now instead of this.

Thanks

Logan
AKA
The Tactical Tailor
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I had a similar but not identical experience with a chain bicycle store.  They would send out a flyer saying NOTHING about the deals being strictly for internet or phone orders (stuff from the warehouse, basically).  

So I'd go to the store, and they'd say "we don't have it at that price..." the price is (higher).  and, "...but we have a great price on this other model which is better."

After this happened three times (including a time when they not only pulled this on an accessory item but also the store manager kept insisting that a bike that was inappropriate for my size was "perfect"), I got an honest explanation from one of the part-timers when the manager wasn't there.  

It turned out that whenever the bricks & mortar store learned there was a flyer mailing, they would pull all the sale items off the shelf and move them to the back room.  Then when the store traffic materialized, they would use that as an opportunity to try to get the prospects to buy a more profitable, non-sale item.

The guy said he'd complained to the HQ more than once, trying to get them to say in the flyer that those prices were in fact just for internet & phone orders.  However, the HQ didn't want to disclose that because they knew that would kill the influx of foot traffic into the stores that they could always expect.

In this case, it sounds like an actual mixup and then a customer service issue which TT is remedying.

However, who can blame CavVet for blowing a gasket after driving 80 miles only to be told what he saw with his own eyes wasn't going to work for him???  Especially with an attitude tossed in by the store mgr..  And I don't blame him for going Chinese in the heat of passion.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't let not hearing back right away get to you.

CavVet is at work and he's one of those guys who doesn't access the internet while on the job.

Only text messages, cell phone calls and ham radio.....
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
UPDATE 12/4: I have exchanged a few emails with "Mr. TacticalTailor".

He will email my buddy and take care of him on his pack.

Uuhh, yeah, ok. Logan told me I could come to the warehouse (80 mile round trip) or order one online. Coulda done that anyway. Hope he got Jerry squared away.

Gonna vote with my dollar.

TT

ETA: IBTL
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I was on FT Lewis today and it looks like My Battle buddy picked up my sector in my absence.
Tactical Tailor will strive to take care of you. no matter what.

Thanks to the people that had some good things to say. Many of us know what it takes to build a reputation and how very little it takes to crush it. I apreciate the oporatunity to have some input.

GW
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Logan I've done business with you in the past and always found your company to be fit as a fiddle. We all know mistakes are going to happen, how you handle them are what sets you apart.

Good on you for stepping up on this unfortunate mistake!

Now, how about making some three mag shingles with outboard pistol pouches too? Like stacking your  Magna Mag Triple Pistol Mag Pouch on your 5.56 Triple Mag Panel? I'd love to have two of those for my 2-piece MAV.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#37]
After our numerous emails last night, I was going to give him "my buddies" email address and he would contact him and take care of him and I would post a resolve update (which I did this morning), a win-win ending for everyone.

As I came in tonight and read from where I left off, I saw things I was going to respond to, until I got to this post.......

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uuhh, yeah, ok. Logan told me I could come to the warehouse (80 mile round trip) or order one online. Coulda done that anyway. Hope he got Jerry squared away.

TT

I dont need to say anything else. Sure took good care of him.

I have the same vote. Sad thing too, great American gear.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I got one note in particular that makes me want to say one more  thing. I have written a number of reviews on this board concerning a number of items/companies over the years.

In fact I give my opinions on just about any and everything.

Hell I did the rental car Sunday.

A reloading thing last month.

A movie the month before.

And looking through the archives......

Not so good for Alaska Airlines..

Trijicon started out tough, but ended up stellar

EOTech hit a home run

No BS Surefire review...

A good UPS review?

ORF review....

SA 1911's, GREAT review until I bought the grips.

One of a few "AIM SURPLUS" plugs... (not quite a review I guess)

Good DPMS review...

12 gunstores in one trip review.

Bad on Cabelas.

My favorite review I ever did, CMP North first visit.

Even a good gunshow review!

Even though there are a lot more, I think I made my point. I write what I think about the service, quality and product. No matter who, what, or where. If your service is right and your product is quality, I will write that. If not, well......
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Whoa whoa whoa. Don't tase me, but I'm confused now.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TT

And you were expecting what, exactly?

Proof of 'Jerry' being fired?

A bigger discount?

Free stuff?

Honestly. I'm curious. I certainly agree that you were done wrong. But what outcome could they have provided that would have resolved this issue to your satisfaction?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:25:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ok, maybe its not coming through clear, I will not leave it foggy.

After a win-win was reached, after all the long winded "we are so sorry" grandstanding, "my buddy" was offered the gracious privilege to either drive all the way back down there or still pay shipping online. Thats not contrition, thats flagrant arrogance. And thats not a win-win, thats a win-fuck, TT got cleared so fuck you suckers.

At a very bare minimum, paying for the bag only, no shipping, would make it where he would be out not a cent more than he would have had the sale occurred during the original visit. And were even that the case, I dont see that as a display of contrition, only an offer of no additional inconvenience or additional charges. That is still devoid of allowances to take into account for the verbal abuse by the store manager or the web page being changed after we left, that only makes it where he would not be out a penny more than had the sale occured FTF. There was no ambiguity in the emails, I made the mistake of posting the update before "the buddy" was taken care of.

That was in no way taking care of him, and I see why he declined. That was pissing in his face after I had already posted a "good job, the owner fixed this fuck up" on the update. To drive back down there where we were lied to and abused the first time would be flat out stupid, stupidity compounded by their supercilious behavior. To pay shipping when we were right there and the web page said nothing about online only would be just as dumb.

As for my last post, it was inferred I only created this post to smoke TT when we were refused the sale, a charge I strongly disagreed with. I disagree even more so after this shit ending. It was so much more than a simple refusal of service, and has become even more than that at this point.

As a part of this community, as demonstrated by that last post, I share reviews on anything and everything, far more often than not with great reviews, and have done so for a number of years. I share experiences as a random customer and let others know what they can expect from retailers, merchandise, etc., by my experiences. Perhaps these reviews would be better on eopinions, but as most of it is gun stuff, or most of it is not written very PC, and as most of my internet postings are done here, this is where I have always posted them.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quite honestly, for a jack up like the one his friend and the OP experienced, I would expect the sale item at cost + shipping. No money lost for the company, but no profit on the sale either. That would have gone a bit farther towards "taking care of you and your buddy". Just saying " We screwed up, im sorry, now drive back down here or order one online, so we can still makes a few bucks off you" dosent do much in the way of "taking care" of anyone.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Honestly. I'm curious. I certainly agree that you were done wrong. But what outcome could they have provided that would have resolved this issue to your satisfaction?

I'd flip that question back to you, a neutral third party. What would you think is fair and reasonable, all things considered, assuming you read all the details?

I could speculate what I think good companies do with things like this. I know what I do to take care of our customers when my company screws the pooch.

Attitudes aside, shit happens. Its not the shit its how you take care of it that matters. This was not taken care of, only lip serviced. Where the rubber hits the road, the dog dont hunt.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I was back home to Kent and missed going to TT by a day when my flight out was cancelled and I had to rearrange my plans. Maybe next time.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, maybe its not coming through clear, I will not leave it foggy.

After a win-win was reached, after all the long winded "we are so sorry" grandstanding, "my buddy" was offered the gracious privilege to either drive all the way back down there or still pay shipping online. Thats not contrition, thats flagrant arrogance. And thats not a win-win, thats a win-fuck, TT got cleared so fuck you suckers.

At a very bare minimum, paying for the bag only, no shipping, would make it where he would be out not a cent more than he would have had the sale occurred during the original visit. And were even that the case, I dont see that as a display of contrition, only an offer of no additional inconvenience or additional charges. That is still devoid of allowances to take into account for the verbal abuse by the store manager or the web page being changed after we left, that only makes it where he would not be out a penny more than had the sale occured FTF. There was no ambiguity in the emails, I made the mistake of posting the update before "the buddy" was taken care of.

That was in no way taking care of him, and I see why he declined. That was pissing in his face after I had already posted a "good job, the owner fixed this fuck up" on the update. To drive back down there where we were lied to and abused the first time would be flat out stupid, stupidity compounded by their supercilious behavior. To pay shipping when we were right there and the web page said nothing about online only would be just as dumb.

As a part of this community, as demonstrated by that last post, I share reviews on anything and everything, far more often than not with great reviews, and have done so for a number of years. I share experiences as a random customer and let others know what they can expect from retailers, merchandise, etc., by my experiences. Perhaps these reviews would be better on eopinions, but as most of it is gun stuff, or most of it is not written very PC, and as most of my internet postings are done here, this is where I have always posted them.

Ahhh. Thanks for taking the time to make it more clear. Now I see where you are coming from. Can't blame you for having the opinion you do.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:39:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

snipAhhh. Thanks for taking the time to make it more clear. Now I see where you are coming from. Can't blame you for having the opinion you do.

+1. Not really a resolution, TT... At least eat the shipping cost.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Managing customer service for a large company, I can understand the issue CavVet is having. Logan from TT did the good deed of responding on the board, willing to face overall criticism which many companies are not.

Perhaps free shipping would have been a good idea, or maybe a discount off the desired item he went down to buy in person.

I have to say I have had a better experience with TT. After ordering a Source bladder, I did not receive it after a month. USPS said it was delivered, but I never saw it. I called them and they sent me another one, free of all charges, I didn't pay an extra cent and this one I received.

Good customer service isn't enough though, it also needs to be consistent.

Ok, off my soapbox now.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TT

And you were expecting what, exactly?

Proof of 'Jerry' being fired?

A bigger discount?

Free stuff?

Pretty much what CV said, at least the offer to pick up the shipping. CV paid for the gas but I bought lunch and he aint no lightweight. I don't expect something for nothing. Wouldn't take it.
Don't wanna see jerry lose his his job, just hope for TT's sake he can learn some customer service skills.

Nothing wrong with their gear, probably not their online or phone sales either but they are within driving distance. That's why I'm disappointed that I don't want to do business with them any more. Fool me once, shame on you.... there won't be a twice.
Jerry pissed in the TT koolaid, Logan comes along and tops it up to cut the piss and some here can't get their straws out fast enough.
Guess I better dig out my nomex.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#50]
It's a new economy. News travels fast. Bad news even faster.

Personally, I think the manager who spouted off and didn't realize that his number one concern was to take care of the customer should pay the shipping bill. It is his fault. As a manager he should have recognized what happened and made it right on the spot.

That is unless he is not empowered to do so. Which means he probably shouldn't be a manager in the first place, if he possesses neither the trust of the company's ownership nor the cognitive ability to make the customer happy.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top