BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, it's not worth it for them to make it actually really hot.  Most people aren't all about hot food, so stuff that is weak to someone like me (I love hot and spicy food) is going to be really hot to the average moron consumer.

It's not worth it financially for taco bell to make something so hot that most of their market won't want to eat it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, those are marketing gimmicks.

They are about as hot as Pace picante sauce.

Yeah, it's not worth it for them to make it actually really hot.  Most people aren't all about hot food, so stuff that is weak to someone like me (I love hot and spicy food) is going to be really hot to the average moron consumer.

It's not worth it financially for taco bell to make something so hot that most of their market won't want to eat it.

Not to mention the liability they take on from some idiot claiming it was too hot for them and it left them scarred for life.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Tried a Habanero Griller today.

Hot? You call that "hot"? HA!
View Quote

Yeah I had one for lunch myself. While it was sort of good spice wise it was meh.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holy crap, I remember those commercials from what, 15 years ago?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

New York CITY!?!?!?
Holy crap, I remember those commercials from what, 15 years ago?  

I think we are both getting old, those are from the 80's and early '90s if I recall
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yesterday

Got the ghost pepper one.

Meh, got some tingle on the taste buds, but I like it if tears are streaming down my face and my forehead is sweating.

Did not go that far, it was the same with the Wendys ghost pepper fries, you could taste some heat but nothing that is going to send you to the fridge looking for milk
View Quote

This.    Also, I work with people who are always bringing in "hot" food. And warn everyone this is "hot."  My usual response is......"it's mildly amusing" .......and for some reason that pisses them off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.    Also, I work with people who are always bringing in "hot" food. And warn everyone this is "hot."  My usual response is......"it's mildly amusing" .......and for some reason that pisses them off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yesterday

Meh, got some tingle on the taste buds, but I like it if tears are streaming down my face and my forehead is sweating.

Did not go that far, it was the same with the Wendys ghost pepper fries, you could taste some heat but nothing that is going to send you to the fridge looking for milk

I've met more than a few people that refer to black pepper as spicy.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like the Fire sauce and loved Diablo.  You can buy the fire sauce in grocery stores around here.
View Quote

I never even knew they came out with diablo.  Until the other day, I hadn't been to Taco Bell in quite some time.  Del Taco is usually a better deal, has more and better options, and has the Del Inferno sauce, which I find to be both tasty and reasonably hot (although it seems like it was hotter when it first came out; it's still noticeably hotter than Taco Bell's fire sauce).  I kind of wish I could get the Del Inferno sauce in a bottle.  It's pretty good for what it is.

I tried these new Taco Bell menu items the other day out of curiosity.  The only one that was even a little spicy for me was the ghost pepper one.  I thought the flavor wasn't bad; it makes me want to try something less diluted.  The chipotle one tasted decent, but it wasn't spicy as far as I could perceive.  The habanero one had the slightest hint of spiciness, but I didn't care much for the flavour.  The habanero's flavour is best in small doses; it just tastes a little too tart and bitter IMO to be eaten in strong doses, which are necessary when you get habaneros on the milder side if you want the heat (the grocery store won't sell habaneros that have more than the minimum amount of heat the pepper can have).  There was no mistaking that the habanero one had habanero.  The flavour came out very strongly, even if the heat did not.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
yesterday

I've met more than a few people that refer to black pepper as spicy.

My brother and sister are that way, although my brother is trying to acclimate himself to spicier food, now.  I remember sprinkling some black pepper on hash browns in the pan I was making for everyone and got complaints of how spicy it was.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top